Heartless ♡ Lahey [1]

Από golightlys

"I've always found you kind of heartless." "What's the point of having a heart if it doesn't even work?" ● ●... Περισσότερα

00; Prologue
01; Idiotic Tendencies
02; Tease
03; Lost Appetite
04; Custody
06; Paroxysm
07; Confidence
08; Hostile
09; Communication Issues
10; Disappointment
11; Stressed
12; Paralytic
13; Battle Lines
14; Annoying Argents
15; Revelations
16; Detention
17; Unexpected Allies
18; Dance Til You're Dead
19; Anchored
20; Better Off Alone
21; Game Plan
22; Frenemies
23; Savior
Sequel; Cardiac Arrest

05; False Allegations

18.9K 781 252
Από golightlys

"Why were you at the Lahey residence last night?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, looking through paperwork.

"Who says I was?" Harley leaned back, crossing her arms. She got no reply and nodded, pursing her lips. "Oh, right. The lovely Mr.Whittemore."

"Isaac describes a 'friend' in his statement." He read off the paper, glancing up at the blonde. "Is that you?"

"Fine." She let out a long sigh and rolled her shoulders. "I went to Isaac's to help him with homework. We have Chemistry together, and he's averaging a D."

He looked at her to continue and she rolled her eyes.

"They got in an argument, and I was asked to leave." She rubbed her temple, trying to block out the deputy clicking a pen across the room. "As I was leaving, I heard glass break and Isaac ran out, so I gave him a ride."

"To where?"

"To my house, until he cooled down enough to want to go home." She ground her teeth a bit, her headache growing. "When we got back his dad wasn't home and we didn't think anything of it."

"Can your father vouch for this?" Stilinski asked, scribbling it down onto a paper.

"Yes, because I'm going to tell my dad I'm sneaking a boy into my room late at night." Harley scoffed, whipping her head around. "Can you chill with that stupid pen?"

The clicking ceased and she turned back around to face the Sheriff.

"How would you describe yours and Isaac's relationship?" He inquired, causing her to raise an eyebrow. "Romantic, or-"

"Friends. Just friends." She snapped, before leaning forward, elbows on his desk. "Tell me, what would I benefit from killing a lonely old man who has no life?"

"We're just trying to get all the suspects, miss."

"Well, I'll tell you something." She be him a sarcastic smile before continuing. "I don't know how or who killed Mr.Lahey, but trust me, he deserved it. The guy was a creep."

"You knew Isaac's dad was," He trailed off, the girl letting out a huff of air and sitting back.

"Hitting him? Throwing stuff at him?" She finished, rubbing her temples, "I found out a few days ago."

"And how did you feel?"

"Disgusted, obviously." Harley scoffed. "Tell me, you never answered my question. What the hell would be my motive for this?"

"Helping a friend, gaining attention." Stilinski listed, the girl straightening up.

"From who exactly?" Her eyes narrowed, almost daring him to say his next words.

"Your mother." He replied, the girl shooting out of her chair.

"Yeah, I'm so done." She laughed, shaking her head. "Can I go home now?"

"We're gonna need you to stay, actually." He sighed, nodding towards one of the deputies. The deputy grabbed her arm roughly and started leading her out the door to the back of the station, where two holding cells were.

Isaac sat up straighter when he dragged her in, the blonde extremely pissed off.

"Is that a taser in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Harley asked snarkily, the deputy shoving her forward.

"I'll let you room with your little boyfriend." He sneered, unlocking Isaac's cell and pushing her onto the bench. He knelt down and she heard the metal clinking of handcuffs, followed by a constriction around her wrist.

"Seriously?" She scoffed, looking at him in shock. The deputy just shrugged and walked out, locking the gate behind him. "Yeah, screw you Haig."

"You got arrested?" Isaac asked, eyes wide as she turned to look at him, a severely annoyed look on her face.

"No, I just wanted to see you." She sneered, rolling her eyes. "Yes, I was arrested you dip shit."

"I-I didn't say anything I swear." He shook his head, the blonde laughing and scratching her forehead.

"I know you didn't. Jackson did." She brought her wrist up forcefully, snapping the hand cuffs. "I'm gonna kill him one day."

"Law enforcement doesn't like you does it?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, they used to love me. I just started hating them over time." She sighed, rubbing her wrist. "I just happen to have turned down that specific deputy's brother like five times."

Isaac didn't speak for a moment, briefly remembering a bouncy blonde six year old with pigtails and a purple dress dragging in a woman in a police uniform, a toothless grin on her face. It had been career day, but his dad didn't bother to show up. No one liked gravediggers anyway.

"Your mom was a cop, right?" The girl paused mid-rub, her jaw clenching.

"Does it matter?" Harley snapped, shooting him a harsh glare.

"You don't talk about her." Isaac pointed out, leaning against the wall.

"I don't talk about a lot of things." She played with a random ring on her finger. He stayed silent for a moment before speaking again.

"You and Erica seem like a strange combination." Harley rolled her eyes and sat up, crossing her arms. It was something she got often, and annoyed her to no end.

"Our moms were best friends through Highschool." She sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Erica and I are only a month apart, and we've been inseparable ever since. She knows everything about me and vise versa."

Isaac watched as a fond smile grew on her face, one that she only wore around Erica herself. It was genuine, different from when she talked to Lydia or Allison.

"You actually care about her." Isaac's words made her laugh, shaking her head.

"Is it really so hard to believe?" Harley asked, throwing her hands up. "That I can be nice?"

"I've always found you kind of heartless."

"What's the point of having a heart if it doesn't even work?" She chuckled bitterly, running a hand through her hair. He gave her a confused look and she laid back, letting out a sigh. "You're not the only one who needed the bite."

He sat there quietly, piecing it together and remembering small things he'd never thought twice about.

Harley absentmindedly rubbing her chest in the middle of class with a wince.

Harley sitting down at practice during dizzy spells.

Harley constantly taking migraine pills and spending extra time in her dad's office before games.

"Oh."

● ● ●

"You feel it too don't you?" Isaac asked quietly, squeezing his eyes shut as his head pounded against his skull. They opened when the only response was the creaking of metal, looking over to see Harley gripping the bench tightly and leaving a dent in the metal.

"Yeah." Her voice came out hoarse, her eyes closed as she breathed heavily. Isaac reached over, wincing when a hand encircled his wrist tightly. "Don't touch me."

"Noted." He nodded, pulling his hand away. Her eyes opened and she stood up, shrugging off her jacket as she started pacing. He watched the blonde press the heels of her hands to her forehead, taking deep breaths. "You okay?"

"Peachy." Harley hissed as she ran her hands through her hair, a dull pain forming in her gums. She clutched her jaw, trying not to cry out in pain. Isaac grunted from behind her, gripping the metal bars across the cell.

Harley fell to her knees, claws scratching the cement floor as she looked up, her eyes glowing a vibrant amber when she heard scuffling from outside. It was like she was seeing red as she shoved her body against the door, breaking it open. The beta heard a low growl from behind her as the fire alarm went off, a man dressed in a deputy uniform dragging in Stiles.

He dropped him to the ground, the boy looking up in fear to see a snarling Harley, her gaze locked on him. Before either could react, the fake deputy was attacked by Isaac, who shoved him into a desk before flinging him into the wall. Stiles was more worried about the werewolf that was walking towards him as he backed into a corner in fear.

Both beta's turned when the crunching of glass sounded, Derek standing in the middle of the room. They ignored him, turning back to 147 pound human in the corner of the room.

They both cowered when Derek roared, his eyes a bright red. Stiles watched in awe as they huddled to the floor, practically trembling.

"How did you do that?" Stiles asked breathlessly, Derek turning to him with a smirk.

"I'm the alpha."

________________________

Not edited.

I'm so excited for the chapters for the next episode I already have it planned out. Erica is my heart and should you guys.

Oh! And be prepared for Harsaac. Just sayin.

PS; Being an active reader gets you dedications ❤️

Vote and comment!

Xx

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

125K 2.7K 54
After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her eye, after r...
13.6K 444 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
26.2K 699 16
Beacon Hills is still overrun with monsters. The pack lines have been drawn. And Cody is still trying to find her place among all the chaos. With al...
45.2K 845 16
[Book 2] Trust the instinct. Aria and Derek have been through a lot, and defeating the Alpha was only the beginning. Now bigger threats are coming a...