All To Myself [one direction]

Autorstwa _killerqueen_

[COMPLETED] What if you're just an ordinary girl who frankly gets irritated by everything. Well, that person... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - letter 1
Chapter 36 - letter 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 12

949 42 9
Autorstwa _killerqueen_

The journey home was a blur. I just kept going over Zayn's reaction when I said yes to seeing him that night. Monroe couldn't stop talking, but I never heard a word she said. I felt dizzy, and I remember clutching my stomach the whole way back, because I was afraid I would throw up.

I didn't know where he was going to take me, nor the time he would show up at my doorstep. I knew showing him where I lived was a bad idea, but it was too late to turn back now. I thought of maybe making an excuse, say that I was ill, just so I would miss spending the evening with him. Besides, I was feeling ill. But when I told my mum, she wouldn't have it. On the contrary, she couldn't stop grinning. My mum couldn't believe that her daughter was finally going on a date; my brief relationship with Michael had ended before he had enough time to take me out on dates. So you could have guessed the excitement plastered on my mother's face.

Monroe had insisted to stay the night because she wanted to hear "all the dirty little details" of our date. Not that there would be any of the sort, but Monroe only laughed when I told her. Her and my mum both couldn't stop beaming at the situation; my mum couldn't wait to see Zayn in the flesh after having heard how handsome he was, from Monroe. I stayed quiet while they jumped around excitedly. It was nice seeing my mother this happy, but it only made my stomach twist widley as I knew that I wasn't as excited as her.

Suddenly as though a thunderbolt had hit both of them, they stopped talking and then Monroe turned her head to look at me. Mother was the one to speak though; and at first I was quite nervous at hearing what she had to say, but it turned out she was just struck with the thougth of what I was going to wear.

My best friend clapped her hands together, as a suggestion popped into her head and she jumped forward before clasping my hand. "I know just the dress," she muttered as she lead me upstairs -mother following right behind me.

"I don't want to wear a dress," I complained. Wearing a dress showed effort, and that was something I really didn't want to deal with. "It's cold outside anyway!" I added, knowing that my complaint wasn't going to change their mind.

"You can wear a jacket," mum smacked my bottom lightly, as we entered my room.

"You don't care if I get ill?" I questioned as I pulled my hand from Monroe and turned to look at my mum.

"You're so dramatic, oh my gosh." Monroe waved her hands up in the air in annoyance before opening my wardrobe. She skimmed through the rack of clothes until her cheer echoed in the room as she found the dress she wanted. "Here it is!"

I looked at the white lace dress in front of me, and my mother smiled gleefully. She brought her hands to her heart as she looked at me loving, "Oh Dion darling," she muttered and brought a hand to cup me cheek. I could see tears forming in her eyes, and she quickly turned away and breathed in deeply.

"Zayn will be drooling when he sees you in this," Monroe held the dress in her hands as she stroked the fabric.

"I'm not wearing that," I folded my arms as I plopped on the bed. I was just thinking of wearing jeans and a top; a dress was too elaborated and even more so after Monroe decided to comment on Zayn's reaction.

"Honey," mum turned around abruptly and walked towards me, "you'll look beautiful!"

"I don't want to look beautiful," I mumbled as I laid back on my bed. I really didn't want to give Zayn any more reason to look at me; the feeling in my stomach was growing ever more agonizing and I dreaded the moment he would be here.

"Monroe, give us a moment please," my mum spoke softly to my best friend and even without looking at her, I knew she gave her the look. The I-need-a-moment-with-my-daughter-alone look. I heard Monroe's footsteps padding on the carpet as she exited my room, and closed the door without a word. "Honey, what's wrong?"

Being with her alone, made my anxieties rise and I knew that I had to share my discomfort. But I remained quiet, unable to find a way to begin to express what was wrong with me; because frankly, I didn't know myself. This wasn't normal for me to act in such a way, yet I couldn't get myself together.

"Are you still afraid?" She asked again as she plopped her weight on her elbow and laid next to me.

"I'm not ready for this, mum," I brought my hands over my eyes to try and keep away the tears that were forming.

"Not ready for what, dear?" She tucked a loose end of hair behind my ear and then gently stroked my cheek.

I curled inwards into my mother's arms and clinged to her tightly. "Of the affection..." I whispered and bit on one of my nails. My mum's chest vibrated as I heard a laugh rumble inside her.

"You don't have to be afraid of that dear," she wrapped her arms around me and began to stroke my hair. "This seems more to me like nerves, rather than fear." She titled my head so I could look at her auburn eyes.

"Yes, I'm nervous but I also know the feeling of fear mum, and I'm feeling it!" I lifted my hand so I could wipe away the tear that had managed to snake down my face. "The way he looks at me- I-...." I became speechless as I remembered Zayn's dark orbs intensifying as they looked at me with fondness. I shivered as I rid the image out of my head.

"Does he make you feel like you're the only girl in the world?"

I thought about that for a moment. Whenever his eyes met mine, I felt as though everything around me sharpened; I didn't feel my surroundings disappear like they described in movies. However, Zayn never looked at the other girls around me like he looked at me. His glance was meaningful; and as much as I hated to admit it, I always felt my heart skip a beat. But I blamed that on the awkwardness of the situation. My eyes certainly didn't darken like his did, and they weren't meaningful whatsoever. Yet, in answer to my mum's question, Zayn did make me feel like I was the only girl in the world -that's why the rest of the gils around me would talk about me.

"Yes," I spoke blankly as the realisation hit me.

"Oh, honey," she cooed as she planted a kiss on my forehead, "he likes you!"

"That's what I'm afraid of..." I muttered sadly, and I heard my mother tut.

"You can't do this again, Dion," she spoke with quite an urge in her voice; I knew she was desperate to see me with a boyfriend. "He seems like a lovely person; he's handsome and he's in a band!"

"I don't care about that," I pulled away from her and sat up, the room suddenly feeling warmer than before.

"Try to loosen up tonight," she rested a hand on my back, "here," I turned to watch her take off the necklace that my father gave her for Christmas. "If you feel homesick, just hold on tight to this." She helped me put the necklace on and then she said, "your father makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world too."

I looked at her, unsure of why she had told me that, but then she added, "give Zayn a chance," and then Monroe's voice followed hers, as she repeated my mum's words but in a more enthusiastic tone as she opened the bedroom door.

"Monroe?!" My mum turned to frown at her eavesdropping, but Monroe only fluttered her eyelashes angelically as mum shook her head.

I looked down at the golden pendant and twirled it in between my fingers. The rounded surface distorted my features a little, but I could still make out my face. My auborn eyes like my mother's. My ebony hair, which looked slightly red in the pendant than in real life. My small pointy nose, that my father described as "an angel's pinch" and my cheeks that looked flushed even on the pendant. All the charcteristics that make me Dion Horowitz.. 

"Try on the dress, dear," Mum's voice snapped me back to reality and I knew I had no choice but to wear the dress. My push-over side shined through and I walked over to the wardrobe and pulled down the dress that Monroe hung over the door.

"Can I have some privacy, then?" I turned to look at them as I rested my hands on my waist, tapping my foot impatiently.

Once they left and I put on the dress, I hesitated to walk to the mirror; but when I stood before it, I couldn't believe how beautiful I truly looked. The dress hanged loosely just above my knees, and it wrapped around my waist like strong arms hugging me tightly. I smiled as I admired the girl in the mirror; wearing the dress made me feel much more comfortable. It gave me confidence and as I re-did my messy bun at the top of my head, I felt an excited shrill run through my body.

"He's here!" Monroe's thrill rang through the walls, and I heard her heavy footsteps as she ran up the stairs. I couldn't believe he was already at my house, I needed more time to prepare myself. Monroe then opened the door in a rush, and was out of breath when she spoke again, "Your man's here!"

My eyes widened, I stood in front of her unable to move. I dismissed her cheeky remark because my body's emotions had taken control of my entire senses. I curled my fingers into a fist again, knowing that it helped to calm me down.

"C'mon!" Monroe stepped forward and grinned; she looked way more excited than I was ever going to be. "You'll be fine,"

"I don't think I can do this..." I spoke quietly as she lead me out of the room. We stood just above the staircase, before my stomach started churning again. I could see my mum at the bottom of the stairs, gesturing me to come down. She was grinning broadly, and I knew she had already peaked through the window to see him.

"How the hell did he know where you lived?" Monroe's face turned puzzled as she chuckled before gently leading me downstairs.

"I can't do this, Monroe!" I said louder, as the forthcoming was becoming even more daunting.

She stood abruptly in front of me and held me by the shoulders, "Dion, you listen to me right now," I felt her shaking my shoulders vigorously. "Zayn is going through a lot of effort to see you, do you not realise how many girls want to be in this position? Cher is an example; I want you to strut your stuff, and show those girls that you're worthy of his affection." My eyes were widely alert, and then her voice softened, "please, give him a chance. Please."

"I'll try," I nodded quickly as I tried to rebuild my confidence. I took a deep breath as I saw my mum go over to the door and open it.

My heart began beating out of my chest, as I saw Zayn Malik standing there. He was bouncing on his toes, as he coughed nervously before extending a hand to greet my mum. He looked at ease, with the dark burgundy hoodie wrapping around his broad shoulders, as  his other hand was in the pocket of his black trousers.

"Hello, Mrs. Horowitz," Zayn's voice made something inside me stir and I felt my legs shake as I reached the bottom step. "I'm Zayn,"

"Please, call me Celine," my mum smiled broadly as she scanned Zayn's feautres in awe.

Monroe then let go of my hand, but before going over to the door she leaned to whisper something in my ear, "remember that we love you, ok? We just want you to be happy. And you certainly make Zayn happy, so please give him a chance to make you the happiest girl in this world. You deserve it!" And just like that, she left my side and went over to stand beside my mum.

"Hi Zayn!" She beamed enthusiastically.

In the brief moment on my own, I went over Monroe's words in my head. My heart wouldn't cease racing and I felt my palms moistured as I ran them over my dress. I held the pendant tightly in my grip as I breathed deeply. I can do this, I remember telling myself. Zayn truly looked remarkable, I couldn't deny that. My female hormones were in a frenzy as they praised his good looks, but somehow that made me even more nervous to confront. He's not going to hurt me, so why am I so scared? I breathed again, and counted to three in my head before slowly heading to the door.

I saw Zayn's eyes glance over to me as I came into view, and I noticed his mouth turn slightly ajar as he took in my presence. His eyes were merely focused on my, and they had completely ignored that my mother and best friend were in front of him. His look made that uncomfortable flip in my stomach, but it followed with the excited shrill that I had experienced moments ago; my hands were shaky and I couldn't stop my knees from wobbling.

The moment was here.

I blinked and met him with a small smile bracing my  lips as he breathed my name in awe. His tone made my cheeks flush immidiately and my mother then turned to loosen my grip on the pendant that I hadn't noticed I was still clutching on.

"You look... Beautiful," He spoke confidently, as he nodded in reassurance.

"Thank you," I muttered perhaps a little rushed as I turned to look at my mum. I looked at her hoping she could let me stay home; my eyes were pleading but it was as though she took no notice.

"Have fun, kids!" She exclaimed as she began pushing me out of the door. Just as I was standing outside, she leaned forward to mutter something in Zayn's ear. I couldn't tell what it was, but I hated my mother for it. I disliked the fact she was throwing me into the lion's den eagerly. It was as though, she wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. Of course, she was excited, but she was my mother! And she should have acted more concerned about my worries.

I knew that perhaps I was overreacting, but I couldn't help it. That was just the way I was. I shook my head in annoyance as Zayn met me down the front garden and my mum was waving at us happily. I turned to Monroe and she held her thumbs up at me, before blowing me a kiss.

I also knew that they were doing that on purpose. They wanted me to deal with Zayn alone; it wasn't their responsability to deal with this -it was mine.

Zayn and I walked quietly down to the little gate, but I could feel him glancing at me every so often. He held the gate open for me to exit first, and then followed behind me. His presence made my insides uneasy, but I tried to not show him my discomfort. I had to deal with, and find a way to overcome them.

I stood just on the edge of the pavement scanning the parked cars to try and find the green Mini that he used last time, but I couldn't find it. Instead a black Audi stood proudly parked at the corner of the street, and I knew that was the car we were getting in as Zayn made his way towards it.

"Wow," I exclaimed as I ran my eyes along the smooth outline of the expensive car.

Zayn turned his head to look at me grinning, "you like it?" His eyes were soft, as they looked at me in amazement.

I nodded my response, as I reached his side. I felt a heat grow inside me, as he took a step closer to me. "Thank you, for letting me take you out tonight," I could feel the shy tone in his voice, as he said the words. I knew he was still hesitant of touching me, or getting too near due to how I reacted and I was grateful for it. I needed time to get used to it and compose myself.

"It's fine," I tried to sound casual, as I muttered through clenched teeth so I could hide my nerves.

"It means so much to me, it does," He added quickly after, and I turned to see him smiling admiringly at me. "I feel like such a lucky guy," He added and I saw a small blush taint his cheeks as he said the words.

I looked at my feet, as his words were overwhelming me. The intensity of his looks and words, were making goose bumps to litter on my skin, and I dug my nails deeper into my palm to keep myself from fainting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, who's looking forward to their date? Where do you think, Zayn will take her? I'm falling in love with Zayn haha, he's so sweet and just ugh, amazing.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

787 14 12
HEY GUYS! THIS IS STORY NUMBER 2 I HOPE THIS ONE IS MORE REALISTIC THAN THE OTHER ONE! IN THIS ONE I WOULD LIKE ALL OF YOU GUYS TO COMMENT WITH IDEAS...
593K 6.6K 91
Hey guys! Here are preferences of you and the boys ;). I hope you enjoy please comment any ideas you have, thankyou! ;-)
145K 1.6K 34
Just a bunch of One Direction preferences
246 4 14
What if you were a part of one direction? Which of them was your first love? I'm Lily Jones, and this is my story. Join the story of my life reading...