Tragedy ° DEAN WINCHESTER

By bokuroos

show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy. [dean winchester x emery wilson] [supernatural; season one-three... More

oo. | playlist
o. | the origin story of emery wilson
i. | stanford, here we are
ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place
iii. | well, it turns out constance was a bitch
iv. | hey we're rangers now i guess
v. | nobody likes a cannibal
vi. | decent pick-up lines
vii. | don't forget to breathe
viii. | sulfur leads to demonic possession
ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem
x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror
xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses
xii. | make it seem like a hooker
xiii. | i'm gonna miss my own funeral
xiv. | the sassier the better
xv. | screwdriver phobia
xvi. | in which the wilchester trio is busy
xvii. | she finally blew up
xviii. | emery, the vampire slayer
xix. | happily married couple
xx. | they're gone
xxi. | surprise!
xxii. | all she remembers
xxiii. | suffocating
xxiv. | goodbye
xxv. | it affects everyone differently
xxvi. | two words: f*** that
xxviii. | mind control or something
xxix. | psychic visions and dams
xxx. | missing in action
xxxi. | bitch; jerk
xxxii. | they made me slow dance
xxxiii. | it's just loki
xxxiv. | a whole new world
xxxv. | trust your gut
xxxvi. | death of a bachelor
xxxvii. | let it go
xxxviii. | beautiful flower
IMPORTANT; please read
xxxix. | in which emery is sick of everyone's shit
xl. | casualty of war
finale. | sacrifices and heroes
one shot. | love you goodbye
note; editing contest
note; editing results

xxvii. | i hate carnivals

51.8K 1.4K 1.1K
By bokuroos

Disclaimer; I own Dean... I mean, I don't own supernatural. If I did... Well... The brothers wouldn't fight as much. Because holy crap.

Everybody Loves A Clown; Part Two
______________

"Do you wanna know what I confessed in there? What my greatest sin was? It was how many times I let you down." -Sam Winchester.

THE THREE WALKED INTO A TENT where a guy was throwing knives into a target. He was wearing sunglasses and Emery assumed that he was blind. However, something felt off about him...

Dean walked closer to him as the guy picked up more knives, throwing them into the middle of the wooden target that was hanging on the wall.

"Excuse me, we're looking for a Mr. Cooper, have you seen him around?" Dean questioned.

Emery almost face palmed. Dean, you are one stupid son of a bitch.

The hand that the guy was about to use to throw a knife was dropped to his side as he turned to look in the general direction of Dean. "What? Is that some kind of joke?"

Dean gave him a confused look. When the guy pulled off his sunglasses to show his eyes, the light grey without a pupil, Dean realized his mistake. "Oh, God, I'm sorry."

"You think I wouldn't give my eyeteeth to see Mr. Cooper, or a sunset, or anything at all."

"Wanna give me a little help here?" Dean asked, throwing the question back at Sam and Emery.

"Not really," Sam stated. Dean turned to Emery, looking over his other shoulder.

"Nope, you got yourself into this mess, you get yourself out," Emery stated.

"Hey, Barry, is there a problem?" A man asked from behind them and the three turned around. Standing in the doorway was a small man with a glittery cape on.

"Yeah, this guy hates blind people," Barry stated.

Dean whipped around faster than Emery had ever seen in her life.

"No, I don't, I-"

"Hey, Buddy, what's your problem?" The shorter man asked, waving his hand in a 'c'mon!' kind of gesture.

"Nothing, it's just a little misunderstanding."

This time, Emery did face palm. The sound was covered up, however, when the little guy said, quite loudly, "'Little'? You son of a bitch."

"No, no no no no!" Dean was getting stonewalled and it was actually quite hilarious. "I'm just- Can somebody tell me where Mr. Cooper is?" Dean glanced towards Barry. "Please."

☪✡

After a nice chat with Mr. Cooper, Emery was shown the regulations on how to run a ride. Now, she was sitting, bored, wearing this stupid red jacket in really hot weather and listening to kids and teenagers scream as they rode the ride.

As she sat bored, a boy around nineteen walked up onto the platform, as the ride had just finished. Emery got up, letting the people out, before looking back at the line.

"You can go ahead of me," the nineteen year old said, looking at Emery with a smirk and a glint in his eye.

Oh, shit.

Once the two people behind him were strapped in, Emery returned to the controls for the ride, counted three seconds, before she started it up again.

The two kids screamed, making Emery cringe, before facing the boy.

"How can I help you," she asked, looking at the boy.

"Well, I just have a few questions about the ride," the boy said.

"Well, I think it's called the Zipper or something."

"And what about the attendant? What's your name?"

"Kid, do you wanna go on the ride?" Emery asked, as she got up to let another person off.

The nineteen year old let the kids behind him go. Emery rolled her eyes as she strapped them in.

"My name's Ryder," the boy said, giving her a breathtaking smile.

Emery looked back in the line, to see a couple girls giggling and pointing at him. "I think you have a fan club."

"It's just my sister's friends, they have a crush on me or something. So, your name?"

"If I give you my name, will you go on the ride?"

"Probably. But I still wanna talk to you after."

"It's Emery, now come on."

The kid came back after his ride and kept flirting and talking. Emery actually enjoyed it, though the kid was too young for her.

Dean and Sam came over a few minutes later, Dean wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her away from the ride controls and Ryder. He looked back with a look on his face that Emery couldn't decipher, before she realized something.

"Dean, I gotta call the replacement," Emery stated. Dean walked her back to the front of the line, and to the controls, where a phone sat.

Emery was quick to call, letting them know she was going to be going for her break. As they were waiting, Emery chatted with Ryder some more, which made Dean pull her flush against him.

When Emery saw the red coat trying to make their way up to the controls, she said her farewell to Ryder, before she was pulled away by Dean, who was following after Sam.

☪✡

Emery sat in the van, waiting for Dean and Sam to get back. She knew they would somehow mess this up and stated that she was going to be a get away driver.

Not even ten minutes after Sam and Dean had rushed into the house, they were rushing out. Both of them climbed into the back seat and Emery let them close the door before she was speeding away.

"So, what was it?" Emery asked as she looked around. She was looking for a good place to dump the car.

When she did, she pulled into the wooded area, stopping the van to make it look like an abandoned car.

"Well, it definitely wasn't a spirit. Rock salt hit something hard," Dean stated.

Emery knew they were going to have to sleep in here, so she leaned the seat back and looked at the boys.

"And let me guess, it got away?" Emery asked.

"Jumped through the window on a door, actually," Sam stated. "You know, after it turned invisible."

"Well, looks like we have to talk to Bobby, or someone, but for now, let's sleep," Emery stated, laying her head down and closing her eyes.

It felt like seconds when she was opening them again, a stream of sunlight through the back window waking her up. The girl then proceeded to wake up the Winchesters, before she got out of the vehicle. Emery stretched, feeling her muscles tighten then relax.

Sleeping in that car wasn't as nice as in the Impala. Dean should really get on fixing it. Oh, wait.

Sam got them a job.

They grabbed their stuff out of the stupid van, Dean making sure to grabbed the license plate, before they were ready to go.

"You think they saw our plates?" Sam asked, shoving something into the backpack the was carrying.

Emery had already slung the one she was wearing over her back and was ready to start hiking.

"I don't want to take the chance," Dean slammed the back of the van closed. "Besides, I hate this freaking thing anyway."

The three walked for a while in silence. It was easily the most awkward it had been between the boys, and Emery could feel the tension around them. Sure, they acted like it wasn't there, but ever since John died, it seemed to be ever present.

"One thing's for sure, we aren't dealing with a spirit," Dean stated. "Like I said last night, the rock salt hit something hard."

"Yeah, a person or maybe a creature that can make itself invisible," Sam stated, looking at the man beside him.

"Yeah and dresses up as a clown for kicks," Dean stated.

"What I don't get, is why the kids even invite it in, in the first place. When I was that young, I would have been terrified if a clown showed up at my house at two a.m.," Emery stated, before shaking her head. "Kids these days."

"Does it say anything in Dad's journal?" Dean asked, ignoring what Emery just said. The brunette rolled her eyes at that.

"Nope," Sam stated. He then took out his phone.

"Who you calling?" Dean asked, squinting because of the sun.

"Maybe Ellen or that guy Ash will know something," Sam stated. Before he opened his flip phone, he let out a chuckle. "Hey, you think -uh- you think that Dad and Ellen ever had a thing?"

Dean glanced at Emery, before turned back to look ahead. "No way."

"Then why didn't he tell us about her?"

Dean shrugged. "I don't know, maybe they had some sort of falling out?"

"Yeah," Sam stated, looking down at the phone screen to check the number he just dialled, before putting it to his ear. "You ever notice Dad had a falling out with just about everybody?" They walked a couple steps, Sam looking at Dean as he listened to the ringing in his ear. The taller man took the phone from his ear, hanging it up. "Well, don't get all maudlin on the man."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, this strong, silent thing of yours. It's crap. I'm over it."

"Oh my God," Dean mumbled, but Sam ignored it.

"This isn't just anyone we're talking about. This is Dad. I know how you felt about the man."

"You know what? Back off, all right? Just because I'm not caring and sharing like you want me to-"

"No no no no, that's not what this is about, Dean. I don't care how you deal with this, but you have to deal with it, man! Listen, I'm your brother, all right. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

"Dude, I'm okay! I'm okay, okay?! I swear, the next person who asks me if I'm okay, I'm gonna start throwing punches."

Emery would have interrupted by asking if he was okay, she really would have. But, the brunette didn't feel like getting pulled into the fight. Plus, they were talking, and, sure, it was a fight, but it was better than the deafening silence they had when they started.

"These are your issues! Quit dumping them on me."

They slowed to a stop and Emery hadn't noticed until she was a good three feet in front of them. However, she could still hear them yelling. The girl turned back, keeping an eye out in case she had to break up the fight.

"What are you talking about?"

"I just think it's really interesting this sudden obedience you have to Dad. It's like, 'oh, what would Dad want me to do?' Sam, you spent your entire life slugging it out with that man. I mean, hell, you picked a fight with him the last time you saw him! And, now that he's dead, now you wanna make it right? Well, I'm sorry, Sam, but you can't. It's too little, too late."

"Why are you saying this to me?"

"Because, I want you to be honest with yourself about this! I'm dealing with Dad's death! Are you?"

It was silent for a second, the two looking at each other. Emery felt awkward as she looked at them. This was a huge fight, worse than the one on the bridge when they first picked Sam up.

"I'm gonna call Ellen," Sam stated, before he walked away.

As Sam called the woman, Dean walked over to Emery. The girl looked at him, a comforting smile on her face. "Are you okay?"

He gave her a look. "I'm so sick of that question!"

"But, Dean, are you okay?"

"No, not really, but I'll survive."

☪✡

They were walking when Sam told Dean and Emery it was a Rakshasa. And Sam told them about the lore and then they made their guess on who it was.

The boys thought it was Cooper. But the Wilson girl was sure that it wasn't. Maybe it was that Barry guy. The blind guy that thought Dean hated him. And the one that Dean told about the clown spirit.

Fuck.

Emery was the one who was guarding the door for Sam. What she didn't know, was that Mr. Cooper had already been looking at her. So, to make it less obvious about what she was doing, she pulled out a lighter and grabbed a cigarette from her pocket.

Emery didn't smoke anymore, but she kept a pack on her to show that she was better than them. And seeing Jo again reminded the girl about the fact that she spent that year smoking and kissing that girl.

The kissing was good. The smoking, not so much.

Emery lit the cigarette, pretending to take a drag. She didn't let the smoke enter her lungs, however and she nodded at Mr. Cooper as he walked into his trailer. As soon as the door closed behind him, Emery let the smoke out of her mouth, dropped the cigarette and put it out with the heel of her boot.

"Sorry, Sam," she mumbled as she fast walked away from the trailer.

Emery searched for Dean, who had just happened to stumble out of a room. Sam met up with them a second later.

"So, Cooper thinks I'm a peeping Tom, but it's not him."

"Yeah, so I gathered," Dean stated, looking back at the trailer he just exited. "It's the blind guy. He's here somewhere."

"Well, did you get the--?"

"The brass blades? No. No, it's just been one of those days."

"I got an idea, come on."

With that, the three ran for the mirror house, Sam in the lead. They walked in, Sam walking fast. He walked through a doorway, before the black door slid shut.

"Sam!?"

"Dean?!"

"It won't open!" Emery stated, trying to force the door open. It didn't work, however.

"Find the maze, okay?" Sam said from the other side of the door. Dean and Emery headed back, looking at the mirrors and such, keeping an eye for the Rakshasa.

A evil laugh sounded from beside them, making Emery jump and clutch onto Dean's hand. She didn't notice, but Dean smirked at her, before looking down at their hands. Emery felt him grip on her hand tighter.

They walked a few more hallways, before they found Sam trying to pull out the one pipe on the organ.

"Hey," Dean stated.

Sam looked back at the two, "Hey. Where is it?"

"We don't know," Emery stated. "I mean, it is invisible."

"Shouldn't we see his clothes walking around?" Dean asked. Suddenly a knife flew out of nowhere and pinned Dean to the wall by his jacket sleeve. Another knife flew and pinned the forearm to the wall by his jacket too.

"Sam! Em!"

Sam finally got the pipe off as Emery went to help Dean try and pull out the knives. They proved harder than they look as she tried to pull them out of the wall.

"Where is he?" Sam shouted.

"I don't know!" Dean and Emery shouted in unison.

Emery watched as Dean reached and turned on the smoke machine. Smoke flooded the area, and Emery tried to pull the knives out as Dean watched for the Rakshasa.

"Sam, behind you! Behind you!" Dean yelled.

Emery watched turned to see Sam shove the brass into thin air. The thing started shrieking, before Emery saw the blood come out of the pipe.

Behind her, Dean finally pulled the knife out and the two walked to beside Sam. On the ground were the clothes and the brass pipe.

"I hate fun houses." Dean stated.

"I hate carnivals," Emery retorted.

☪✡

They were back at the Roadhouse, Emery sitting beside Sam as Ellen got her a drink. The older woman congratulated the three of them on the job before walking away. Emery felt someone come up behind her and glanced over to see Jo.

Sam sent her a smile and Jo was giving him a look that told him to politely go away. Emery did the same thing.

"Oh, yeah. I've gotta- uh- uh-," he was stuttering and Emery almost laughed. "I gotta go..." He looked around. "Over there. Right now."

With that, Sam got up and Emery turned to her ex-girlfriend/friend.

"So?"

"So?"

"Am I gonna see you again?" Jo asked. Emery took a drink of her beer.

"I think the question is: do you want to see me again? I mean, the times we had together. I wouldn't want to ruin it with how much I changed."

"Em, I would love to have your company again."

Emery gave he a soft smile. Before she glanced at Dean, who was looking around the room, beer in hand.

"It wouldn't be the same, babe. Especially since..." Emery motioned to Dean with her head.

"Obviously," Jo stated. "You guys are... Something special. He was your first love."

Emery couldn't help herself. Her lips met Jo's in a gentle kiss that she was used to from the girl.

"I don't know how I feel about you, Jo," Emery stated as she pulled away. "There is something there, it's just..."

"Wrong place..." Jo started. "Wrong time."

"Yeah."

"It's okay, I get it."

Suddenly, the back room door opened, revealing Ash, who had a laptop and the file.

"Where have you guys been? Been waiting for you."

"We were working a job, Ash," Sam stated, from the pool table. "Clowns?"

"Clowns? What the--"

Dean interrupted. "Got anything for us, Ash?"

Ash got the laptop set up and the three gathered around him.

"Did you find the demon?" Sam asked.

"It's nowhere around," Ash stated. "At least, nowhere I can find. But if this fugly bastard raises his head, I'll know. I mean, I'm on it like Divine on dog dookie."

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"I mean," Ash stated, turning the laptop to face the three hunters. "Any of those signs or omens appear anywhere in the world, my rig will go off. Like a fire alarm."

Dean went to touch the laptop, but stopped himself, removing his hand.

"What's up, man?" Ash asked the man.

"Ash, where did you learn to do all of this?" Sam asked.

"MIT. Before I got bounced for fighting."

"MIT?"

"It's a school in Boston."

"Okay. Give us a call as soon as you know something," Dean stated.

"Sí. Sí, compadre," Ash said.

The three of them then got up to leave, Emery sending Jo a smile as she passed her.

Ellen stopped them when they were about to exit. "Hey, listen. If you guys need a place to stay, I got a couple beds out back."

"Thanks, but no. No, there's something I gotta finish," Dean stated.

"Okay," Ellen stated.

Emery sent the three of them (Ellen, Ash, and Jo) a smile and a wave, before she followed the boys out of the Roadhouse.

☪✡

Emery watched from the window as Sam and Dean conversed. The brunette didn't know how it went, but Sam came in with tears in his eyes.

Emery watched Dean for a couple more seconds, watching him pick up a crowbar.

He smashed the window on a car beside the Impala, before he started to hit the Impala's trunk.

Emery watched in shock as he dented it, eyes wide.

Dean really wasn't okay. No matter how many times he said he was.

___________

edited.

i'm so sorry this took so long. i had a case of writers block, and then i focused on a couple of my other fics to get over it.

plus, i was hoping i would get a few more questions tbh. oh well.

hope you enjoyed. i put some jo/emery in there.

please, vote and comment.

bye, i love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 1.5K 72
"You're destroying me Winchester!" "That's good!" Meeting those boys was either her biggest mistake or something she need the most in her life. A Boo...
472K 12.3K 26
𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 | "why didn't you just let me go?" "believe me, i tried."...
24.5K 698 119
"You sure" "Callie, it's been three years since I last held you in my arms" Have you ever thought you would lose the love of your life? Have you eve...
2.5K 198 44
Together Dean and Evangeline fall out of heaven He gets dragged back into the cruel life of a hunter while she discovers the life of an almost human...