•Survival Of The Fittest• |Ow...

By DarellyLucero

•You better run in this wild jungle• Aella Grant will be tested on her knowledge of survival. Running from Ve... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER EIGHT

2.6K 89 8
By DarellyLucero

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly.

⇛ 8.0

Three Years Later...

Aella Grant was now 15 years old, thanks to her IQ of 180 she was one year to graduate from the University of Harvard and get her PhD's on paleontology, genetics and microbiology, and soon she would love to get other ones like biochemistry, cell biology; even Ian convinced her to try being also a mathematician. Fortunately being known as "the girl who survive alone in the island" had its perks, the University accepted her immediately.

After the events of the island, Alan and Aella wrote together a book about the new facts they had found while they were on the island. Before the book had been published, Ian Malcolm kept in contact with the Grant's, mostly Aella, the moment she knew that Ian was going to go back to the island started to scream at him claiming he had lost his mind. One night Alan and Aella were watching the news when suddenly they were watching the report of a T-Rex in San Diego. Alan immediately called Ian if he had something to do with what they just saw, anger filled Aella when she knew the scientists and hunters had kidnapped the T-Rex and the baby just to be the first attraction on a new Park, the Grant's were thinking if they didn't learn anything, making another park was just wrong, no matter how much they thought they could control the dinosaurs they couldn't.

In the present time, Alan and Aella were on a tour conference about their book. The last stop was a public lecture hosted by some foundation. There were scientists and students there, but also a lot of "Dino-fans", some even with costumes.

The Grant's were finishing their speech to what was a full house some attendees were grabbing their coats and sneaking out. This wasn't the exciting guest speaker they were all expecting.

A new slide came up. Just black and white, and indecipherable.

"It's through the painstaking study of the interior chamber in multiple specimens that we can determine this exciting correlation between the larynx and the upper plate" Alan said then turned to his daughter to continue, giving him a small smile she continued.

"That lets us theorize -- theorize, mind you – that the raptor might have been capable of bird like vocalizations. Which as you can imagine, would be a tremendous breakthrough" Aella finished.

When she finished no one seemed to notice at first. Then the sympostium leader stood up, leading a smattering round of applause.

"Thank you very much Dr. Grant. And Ms. Grant who in a year will be also a doctor" Aella lifted her head proud while her father rested his arm in her shoulders "Now does anyone have a question?" Nearly every hand went up. Neither of the Grant's seemed surprised.

"Does anyone have a question that doesn't relate to Jurassic Park?" Alan asked. Quite a few hands went down "Or the incident in San Diego, which I'll remind you, we did not witness" Few hands went down again but still a lot were lifted. Aella rolled her eye knowing why.

"How did I survive alone in the island, it is a question related with Jurassic Park" Aella said annoyed. Now most of the hands were down. She picked one of the few remaining.

"Your theory on raptors is good and all, but isn't all this conjecture kind of moot?" one of the student's said while his buddy's nodded in agreement "I mean, once the U.N. and Costa Rica and everyone decides how to handle the second island, scientists will just go in and look for themselves."

"Isn't paleontology itself in danger of extinction?" One of the science reporters asked suddenly. Recognizing those as fighting words, the symposium leader was about to step in. But Alan took care of it.

"No, and let me be perfectly clear on this point. Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago" he said serious "What's left of them is fossilized in stone the actual scientists spend years to undercover. What John Hammond and InGen created are the theme park of monsters. Nothing more, nothing less."

The class clearly disagreed with his assessment.

"You're saying neither of you wouldn't want to study them if you had the chance?" another student asked.

"No force on this earth or in heaven could get me and my father on that island" Aella said coldly.

EXCAVATION BASE CAMP

Alan and Aella returned to their camp, Billy Brennan an associate professor and site manager had something important to tell both of them. Billy took Aella's bags, talking as they leaved.

"How was your trip? Profitable?" Billy asked them.

"We'll be broke in four weeks" Alan said.

"Three weeks. I had to rent some equipment" Billy retorted. Aella scoffed.

"Great" she muttered "At least the University gave me a scholarship or I wouldn't be graduating."

They crossed into one of the tents, which only had two "walls". On a dust-taped table, a dusty Macintosh was feeing data into a strange machine the size of a dorm refrigerator. A mechanical arm swept back and forth across a tray of fine sand.

"You rented an automated litter box" Alan said in disbelief.

"It's a rapid prototyper. I feed in the scan data from the raptor skull, than the computer breaks it into thousands of slices which this thing prints, one layer on top of the other" Billy explained "It's the future of paleontology."

"Not if it can't dig" Aella muttered.

The arm stopped and suddenly the tray of sand shakes, dropping through holes in the bottom to reveal an object the size of a person's fist.

"I give you a raptor's resonating chamber" Aella was amazed by the result; she lifted the strange object up, shaking out the remaining sand. Billy took it and put it to his lips and blows it through it like a conch shell.

The resulting sound was a unique and piercing, the cry of an non-existent animal. The Grant's were speechless with excitement. And so Alan used it again and again, producing different sounds and variations.

Billy looked up to see a man and a woman getting out of a Cadillac. Cheryl one of the students was pointing them in the direction of the tent.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Some visitors wanted to come by and talk to both of you. I told them you'd be happy to see them. Maybe even have dinner with them" Billy said faking a smile.

"Absolutely not" Alan told him.

"They're here" Billy said looking at the couple.

"What?" Aella asked confused. She turned and saw the pair walking up to them. Putting on a friendly smile, Billy went up to them.

"Dr. Grant?" the man asked "Ms. Grant?"

"Yes?" Both asked confused.

"Paul Kirby. Kirby Enterprises" the man said introducing himself and extending his hand and with the other reached to his pocket "My card."

"What can we do for you, Mr. Kirby?" Alan asked him.

"Well sir, ma'am. I am a great admirer of yours, and I have an extremely interesting proposition to discuss. Would you let my wife and I take you two to have dinner tonight? Our treat" he said giving a friendly smile.

"You know, we've been traveling and we are very tired. Maybe some other time" Aella said to him trying to make them leave.

"I guarantee it'll be worth your while" Paul said. Behind Kirby, Bill furtively rubbed his thumb and fingers together, indicating the guy is loaded. Both Grants mustered a weak smile.

"It'll be our pleasure" Aella said grabbing her father's arm.

HELL CREEK BAR AND GRILL

They were only halfway through the entree, but both Grant's were ready to bolt. It was only Billy who was keeping them from being rude. They walked over to Paul and Amanda's table and sat down.

"First off let me say as a dinosaur enthusiast, Amanda and I have admired your work for years, Dr. Grant" Paul said then turned to the young girl "And well you are the definition of genius, a prodigy child, how does it feel Dr. Grant, being the father of one of the most intelligent persons on the world?"

Aella smiled kindly, she knew he was just flattering to get something out of them.

"Thank you" Alan said first "And well I couldn't be more proud of my daughter" not even five minutes and things were already awkward. He desperately wanted to leave with his daughter and get back to his dig.

"Amanda and I, well, we just love the outdoors" Paul said putting his arm over his wife "Heck we've been on pretty much any adventure tour they can come up with: Galapagos, K2, the Nile..." his wife continued.

"We even have two seats reserved aboard the first commercial moon flight" Amanda said. Billy nudged Alan.

"Now, for our wedding anniversary this year we wanted to do something really special, something..." He placed his hand on his wife's.

"...once-in-a-lifetime" Amanda said.

"We've arranged for a private airplane to take us flying over Isla Sorna. And we want you two to be our guides" The Kirby's looked to the Grant's as if they've offered them an amazing gift. But Alan Grant just sighed and smoothed the tablecloth.

"That's a very nice offer, Mr. Kirby, but I'm afraid we are very busy. If you like I can refer you to a number of highly qualified..." Paul interrupted him.

"No, no, see Dr. Grant, you two are the best. You've seen these animals in the flesh" Paul said.

"We are flattered, but we've taken this little adventure tour. And with the air restrictions they've imposed after the incident in San Diego, you can't fly low enough to see anything of interest" Aella told him crossing her arms. Paul was momentarily stymied, but Amanda rallied.

"You see, that's just the thing. Paul and I have special permission to fly low" Amanda said.

"How low?" Billy asked curious.

"Well, I'm no aviation specialist. But I do know its hell of a lot lower than anyone else" Paul assured.

"From what I understand, it's pretty much whatever we want" the wife said.

"That's hard to believe" Aella said not convinced. Paul laughed nervously.

"Let's just say that through my business --imports/exports, emerging markets -- I've made some friends in high places. In this case, the Costa Rica government" the young Grant knew something was wrong.

"You don't know how important it is for us to have both of you to come along. It would make all the difference" Amanda said smiling. Alan was trying to find another way to say no, when Paul pulled out his checkbook.

"And of course, we're prepared to make a sizeable contribution to your research here" Paul said "Money, great" Aella thought sarcastically; if they didn't need the money they sure as hell would say no "I can write all kinds of numbers on this check. Just tell me what exactly it would take" Aella groaned internally, well at least they would be in a plane not in the island.

------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the first one of the third movie<3

Like always I want to know your thoughts about the book or chapter. So please comment, vote and/or follow me.

Please vote if you liked the chapter, I don't like ghost readers:c

Love you all xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598K 20.6K 32
A Jurassic World Owen Grady x Reader fanfiction! Months after the accident with the Indominous Rex, the park has almost been fully cleaned up. They h...
151K 3.2K 17
[Originally published in 2015, rewritten in 2022] Elliot Grady's life has never been simple by any means, but when her father shows up out of the blu...
897K 33.8K 25
[based on Jurassic World] || book one of one || Luck, that was it. A streak of luck followed me since I graduated college. I suppose one night it had...
44.8K 1.2K 15
❝𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶... 𝘳𝘶𝘯, ❞ 𝘐𝘕 𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘊𝘏 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘊𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢 𝘙�...