Only One •Camren•

By imxgine5h

Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to lea... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

5

2.5K 69 5
By imxgine5h

The next morning Lauren awoke, it took her a second to remember why she was on the couch, memories of last night quickly flooded her mind. Lauren instantly looks to the door to her bedroom, the girl quietly pads over. She slowly opens the door, peeking into the room, her eyes widen in surprise at the neatly made bed.

The green eyed girl quickly turns around and heads to the bathroom, she steps into the room, turning the lights on. Camila's clothes are gone. Lauren looks to the sink, her t-shirt and flannel are sitting side by side, neatly folded. The girl physically slumps her shoulders, her chest feels like it's caving in on itself. Camila left.

The girl reaches for the flannel, before she can revise her decisions she takes the fabric to her nose, letting Camila's scent invade her senses.

She lifts her head, in a flash she balls the shirt up in her hands and throws it against the wall with all her might. "I can't believe I let myself get sucked in like that," Lauren grumbles to herself. She leaves the bathroom, slamming her hand against the light switch. She checks the time, groaning to herself, Lauren lazily walked into her room, she threw a pair of leggings on and a baggy sweatshirt, she couldn't even dress better than how she felt. She throws her hair up in a messy ponytail before grabbing her back pack and sulking across the hall to her friends apartment.

Lauren avoided eye contact with every girl in the room and just went straight for the pot of coffee on the kitchen counter. Dinah was the first one to speak up. "Fun night Lauren?"

The girl rolls her eyes as she mixes sugar into her cup. "The night was fine. Morning? Not so much." Lauren turns around, sipping her coffee, she looks at her friends and their expressions are awaiting an explanation. "She left, when I woke up she wasn't there," Lauren shrugs, hiding her disappointed frown in her cup.

"What?" Ally asks, confused from the couch.

"She wasn't there," Lauren sighs, making eye contact with each of the girls

Dinah gives the green eyed girl a sympathetic look, "Aw Lauren."

Once Lauren is walking through the streets of New York towards her school she has time to think. Why would Camila leave? Where did she go? Did Lauren do something to set off the smaller girl? All of these questions continuously weighed down on the dark haired girl, she almost walked right by her university she was so deep in thought. As she ascended the stairs she quickly shook the thoughts of Camila from her mind. It was time to focus on school.

Lauren was expecting to walk into creative writing and throw herself into her assignment, honestly, she was looking forward to writing, but as soon as emerald connected with caramel that hope is shattered. Lauren's eyes rake over the girl before her, she's all done up, her hair looks perfect, makeup, her outfit is incredibly flattering. Who is this girl before her? Or better yet, who was that girl from last night? Who is Camila? The sight of the smaller girl completely throws Lauren off balance.

The green eyed girl quickly composes herself, keeping her poker face as she walks calmly to her seat. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Camila's eyebrows furrow together in what? Confusion? Guilt? Lauren shakes off the thought, she's sure it's nothing, it seems like Camila doesn't even care, she didn't even care enough to tell her when she left or why she left. Did Lauren do something wrong? The dark haired girl slumps her shoulders as she feels a set of brown eyes gazing at her back.

Lauren takes her time in exiting her writing class, taking the time to procrastinate getting to her next class. She's the third to last person to leave and as her eyes scan the hall they immediately fall on the scene across the hall. Backed against the corner of a hall is Camila, the boy she identified as Daniel from yesterday has his body tightly pressed against hers, his lips were loosely roaming the girl's neck. Camila just tilted her head to the side with her eyes closed, giving the boy easier access.

"Hey lesbian," Jackie pats her shoulder as she walks by. "Jealous of Daniel over there? No surprise." The bitch laughs as she walks onto her next class.

Lauren's blood instantly begins to boil at the sight before her and then over the witch, she instantly storms off towards her art class. As the girl takes her seat at the table near the back her mind begins to race. Why was she so angry over that? Maybe it's because Daniel hurt her feelings, but obviously Camila likes the pain if she keeps going back. Was Lauren jealous? No. Jackie was wrong.

The green eyed girl instantly threw herself into a black and white sketch she's been working on the past few days, trying her best to get the brown eyed girl out of her mind. At least it was Friday.

Upon exiting the building, quickly rushing home so she can think over the day's events, a sudden voice stops her.

"Lauren!" A familiar voice calls out behind her.

The dark haired girl's heart twists in her chest as she turns around to see Camila running towards her. "Hey," The girl started.

"Save it." Lauren quickly turns back around, beginning to walk in the direction of her apartment complex.

"No Lauren please let me explain!" The girl runs up beside her.

"I don't want to hear it Camila! I get it, you played me! You used my sympathy as a weakness and now you're going to use it against me for whatever sick game you're playing!" Lauren's green eyes are wild as they eye the smaller girl, she can easily see tears brimming in her eyes.

"That's...that's not true..."

"Liar!" Lauren shouts.

"Jesus Christ, Camila, fuck off!" Lauren angrily runs her hands through her hair. "I'll remember to never trust you again, okay?"

Camila's lip quivers . "I have no where to go," She squeaks.

"Cut the bull shit, I've dealt with people like you before!" Lauren angrily storms off, Camila coming up to her like a lost little puppy for the second time just made the girl completely snap in half. She couldn't go through this all over again, she couldn't.

"Damn Lauren," Normani sighs from her end of the couch. The green eyed girl decided to go into detail about the prior night's events. She slumps into the back of the couch, her fingers harshly rubbing over her temples.

"This is just Kenzie all over again," Lauren huffs in frustration.

As soon as those words escape the girl's lips, Normani and Dinah whip their heads in her direction. "What?" Dinah curiously peers.

Lauren's eyes quickly widen at her slip up, "No...no it was nothing, it was stupid."

"Kenzie's your ex..." Lauren rolls her eyes at Ally stating an obvious fact.

"So what? She's not the first? Fuck I didn't even mean to say that." The green eyed girl grumbles, covering her face with her hands.

"Kenzie fucked you up like no other though," Dinah sighs, gently running her hand up and down Lauren's arm.

At the mention of her name thoughts of the blonde haired girl floods Lauren's mind. Her soft hair, the way she felt around her, Jesus Christ. Lauren's heart instantly begins to hurt at the distant memories of the girl. As soon as those memories break through a million others come along as well. The tears running down Lauren's face, the way her chest felt like it was caving in, the betrayal. Fuck.

"Thanks a lot."

"Well am I wrong?" Dinah retaliates. This earns a frustrated shrug from Lauren, Dinah knows she won that one.

"Whatever. I don't like Camila, that's just stupid."

As soon as Lauren utters those words she feels a pang in her chest, could she be lying to herself?

Before she can elaborate on the thought she hears abrupt noises from the hallway. "What the heck?" Ally mutters, furrowing her eyebrows at the intense knocking coming from outside.

Suddenly a voice rings out, alerting the group.

"Lauren! Open up now!"

Dinah looks over to the green eyed girl with wide eyes, "Well Lauren, I think it's for you."

She sarcastically rolls her eyes, flipping the Polynesian girl the middle finger as she stands to her feet.

Lauren rushes to the door, quickly whipping it open, the first thing in her line of vision is a small girl banging on her apartment door across the hall. "Camila?" She whispers almost in disbelief. The brown eyed girl whips around to face her, although her cheeks are once again tear stained there is a defiant look on her face.

"Did I get the wrong fucking apartment?" She harshly spits.

"N-no... This is my friends apartment." Why was Lauren feeling so nervous?

As if on cue Dinah skips up to Lauren, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "What's up?" She greets, "We never officially met, I'm Dinah." She worriedly smiles at the smaller girl, noticing how distraught she looks.

Camila only huffs at her introduction. "I need to talk to you." She quickly grabs Lauren's hand, pulling her into the hall.

Before Camila can even let out a frustrated breath they both look over and still see Dinah admiring the scene in front of her with an amused smile.

"Come on," Lauren sighs as she unlocks her apartment, letting the smaller girl storm in behind her.

Lauren closes the door, locking it before turning around to face the angry girl before her. As soon as she turns around completely Camila is in her face, pointing a finger accusingly at her. "You.." She seethes through her teeth. As soon as their eyes connect she loses all of her confidence. "How could you?" Her voice cracks, tears threatening to spill over once again.

What? Lauren's takes a step back, instantly connecting with the door. "What are you talking about? You fucking left, Camila! I let you into my home, I listened to you cry, I listened to your utter bull shit, and for what? For whatever sick game you're playing?" Lauren retaliates, now it was Camila's turn to back up. "You cry about Daniel and Jackie and whatnot and then you're sitting all buddy buddy beside Jackie the next day and Daniel's basically grinding on you in the middle of the fucking hallway!" Lauren doesn't let up, as Camila continues to back up, Lauren continues to follow.

"I don't know why the fuck you won't leave me alone, honestly! I mean I couldn't get you out of my fucking head even before yesterday and now," Lauren sarcastically chuckles. "It's like you're fucking everywhere and it's killing me!" Camila's back runs into the wall, her eyes connecting with Lauren's. 

Camila's head snaps to attention. Did Lauren just say she can't get Camila out of her mind?

"For fuck's sake Camila, What do you want?!"

Gold connects with jade as Lauren's hands lean against the wall by the smaller girl's head. The gap between them is so small that Camila can feel Lauren's minty breath fanning over her face. Lauren's eyebrows arch as she awaits Camila's reply.

'You. You Lauren.' That's all Camila desperately wants to tell the beautiful girl before her, that's what's fighting to get past her lips, but she can't.

Camila weakly pushes Lauren away from her, trying her hardest to remain calm and ignore the electricity she felt from touching the older girl's shoulders. "Fuck off," Camila weakly mumbles.

She begins quickly racing towards the door but a hand around her wrist quickly pulls her back. "You don't get to say that! You don't get to just run away again!" Lauren growls, pulling the girl closer.

"So now you're trying to tell me what I can and can't do?" Camila sarcastically throws at the girl.

"Why did you leave?" Lauren sternly questions, totally ignoring the brown eyed girls comment.

"What?"

"You heard me."

Camila thinks for a moment, the question totally throwing her off. "Why does it matter to you?"

"Answer me."

"I... I don't know... I was scared." Camila stutters under Lauren's intense gaze.

"Why?"

Camila turns away from Lauren, trying to escape the conversation.

"Camila." Lauren states, grabbing the smaller girl by the shoulders and holding her directly in front of her, their faces inches apart. "I would never hurt you." Her raspy voice releases those words, making butterflies erupt in the smaller girls stomach.

"I know," Camila mumbles.

Lauren arches an eyebrow at her reply. "How would you know? You could've walked straight into my trap. I could be a serial killer for all you know." A faint smirk appears on those full lips.

Lauren's hands instinctively slip down to Camila's forearms, gently running her fingertips along her smooth skin, causing goosebumps to form.

"I could be a maniac, kidnap you, take you to my evil laboratory and perform experiments on you," Camila retaliates with a dorky grin.

Lauren laughs, her eyesight darting to the ground. "No I don't think so. You're too small for all that."

"Don't put it past me," Camila grumbles with a slight pout.

"Don't be scared of me then," Lauren whispers, seemingly captivated by the younger girl.

Lauren soon notices her actions and retracts her hands, she's totally getting in too deep. The green eyed girl sighs, looking to the ground. "Maybe you should go."

Camila, thrown off by the sudden change of character, furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"Well," Lauren sighs, "Just because we're on mutual ground right now doesn't make us best friends or anything, I'm sure you need to get back to your 'besties' or that prick you call a boyfriend so." Lauren's lips form a thin line at her statement. Why did everything have to suck so much in that sentence.

Camila's shoulders fall, she doesn't respond to Lauren's snarky comment before shutting the door behind her.

Why did it hurt so much watching Camila leave?

__

(a/n): Hi I'm in advanced English typing because fuck narrative essays. All the love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.3K 11
Camila Cabello is the new kid at school and Lauren Jauregui, being the most popular girl in there, hates her because she's stealing the spotlight awa...
735K 16.7K 50
They both have some bad pasts. Camila Cabello, a new freshman at Miami University, meets Lauren Jauregui, a breathtaking Sophomore. They fall for ea...
1.2K 62 7
Lauren distanced herself from Camila, her best friend, her first love, she left after graduation in college. She left Miami to forget Camila who she...
1.7K 12 20
They knew that they shouldn't be together, everyone told them that they were toxic for one another. From the outside, it looked toxic, but they wante...