working with jace {jace norma...

By natalienbaker

[completed] acโ€ขtor noun 1. a person who behaves in a way that is not genuine. โ ๐ข ๐๐ข๐๐ง๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 13

6.9K 135 19
By natalienbaker

I slip my grey tshirt over myself and hang up my sandy bathing suit in the shower.

"What do you want to do now?" I called through the hallway as I made my way back to my room.

"Dont know"

"Well, are you hungry?"

He shrugs.

"You seem to not know a lot, you know that?"

"Guess not"

I shake my head and grabbed Jaces hand, pulling at him lightly to signal for him to come with me.

I hold onto his hand on the way down stairs, the bright sun making it hard to see for a split second as we transition to the first floor.

I shut the windows, Jace following me like a lost puppy until we got to the living room.

He stands in front of our seats, facing me, expecting anything he can get.

My hands gentally push his chest, his body falling back into the couch.

"What do you want to watch?"

"I dont-"

"Dont say you don't know."

He sighs, picking my fingers off of the remote.

"Or we could not watch something?"

I watch him as his eyes gentally meet mine, catching onto what he was leading onto.

"No Jace."

He sighs, "Shameless?"

My fingers find the remote again, pressing the guide to find it on live tv. Mumming to the tune of the song at the beginning.

He snakes his arm around me, being lenient I let him, resting myself aginst his chest as I slouch down further.

"Em?"

"What?" My eyes glue to the tv.

"I love you."

As my lips tug into a smile, not wanting to move my eyes from the unnerving situation.

"I know"

|~*~|

I wake up to the silence of the living room. The surroundings were dark, lit up slightly by the illuminating tv. It read,

Shutting down to unactivity, press 'no' or 'cancel' to go back.

I find the remote between my curled legs that rolled up behind me, pressing the power button. Looking my way through the adjusted darkness in the paths of heavy breaths. Asleep in the same position as before, I watch Jaces chest rise and fall.

Slowly I reach for my phone in front of me on the Coffee table. The time read 4:34 am

I move my body back to Jace, hitting him with the back of my hand as I rub my eye with the other. "Hey"

"Hmm" His eyes remain closed.

"Lets go upstairs"

It takes him a second to readjust himself, sitting up and processing where he was.

"What time is it?"

"Four"

He rubs his eyes, trailing over his hair as he sighs.
"We have to get up anyway"

"Huh."

"You start the script today muffin head"

"We don't have to be at the studio until six"

"By the time you and I get ready on top of California's traffic, what time are you expecting to be there at?"

"Six" I mummble, getting my tired body up from the couch.

I drag myself upstairs with him behind me, feeling the jealousy as he lays back down on my bed.

With my closet light on, my eyes squint at the transition.

"What do you wear to this kind of thing anyway"

"Something comfortable. We're not shooting, just a table read."

"Okay. I'm gonna go take a shower" I bring the tshirt and leggings I brought out of the closet with me.

There wasnt a word from him when I left. I drug my feet through the carpet to the bathroom, turning on the water before I shed my clothes.

My sandy body was washed off in the matter of a few minutes, trying to be quick to spare some time for Jace to get ready too.

As I run the blow drier through my hair, I use my other hand to quickly pull my clothes onto myself. Throwing the towel across the room into the hamper.

My hair now dry, I push it up into a messy bun, out of my face, no longer being a frizzy mess.

I skip on the makeup, but once I put myself together I walk back to my room.

Silently chuckling I find Jace sprawled out across my bed, asleep again.

"Jace" I use my hand to shake him slightly

His eyes closed he speaks, "You ready?"

"Yeah"

"Okay"

His morning voice and pushed back morning hair made me feel weak at the knees. There wasnt a person as perfect in the morning.

As I shut the front door behind us as I look at the empty driveway, sighing.

"You walked here didnt you?"

He hums a yes, still feeling like he should be in bed.

I groan, dragging myself next to him.

"I wasnt planning on staying last night. Didn't think I would be in this situation"

I scroll through my phone on the walk there. About five minutes, we were walking down his driveway a little after five. My arms numb from the cold air.

My energized body bounces up the stairs before Jace drags his.

As we walk into his room, I stand in front of his bed.

His body moves to mine, grinning sleepily,
"Im gonna go take a shower" His warm lips touch my forehead.

I lay across his bed for a while, about ten minutes, He comes out, his body beaded with water as his black Calvin boxers line him.

I hear the clink of metal hangers in his closet, feeling heavey cloth over my face.

I pull his sweatshirt off me, sitting up as I watch him. His gray sweatshirt hood lines his face, his hands in the pockets of the black pants he pulled over himself.

"My car doesn't have heat" He answers to my confused face.

I slip it over my body, taking in the soft, warm material.

I sit down in the passenger side of the car as I pull my hood up, puddling my hands up the sleeves.

The night had been cold, trapping in the tempature in the confined space.

"Sorry"

I look over at him, a grin forming at my chattering lips "Its not your fault."

I watch out the window that my head lay on, rush hour had already started, people and traffic were alive.

"Maeve gonna be there today?" My voice breaks the silence.

"Nah. Wednesday"

"Do I go to the studio all week?"

He flicks on his blinker, looking behind his shoulder,

"You'll get your schedule today. And the studios school starts in a few months, cutting down our studio time, causing us to stay later. So a bit of advice? Sleep while you can. You'll need it"

I nod, fidgeting with my fingers.

"You don't need to be nervous," He smiles over at me "You'll have fun"

The car turns into the studio parking lot crossing traffic.

My body travels across the lot, his hand brushing aginst mine occasionally on accident. The warmth leaving everytime he pulled away.

He opened the door for us, the relieving warm air hitting us on the way in.

The bright lights take a few seconds to adjust to as a black curly haired women comes into view.

"Hey Veronica" Jace smiles. She purses her lips with wide tired eyes

"Goodness you guys are late, okay the scripts are printed out in the dressing rooms. Should be on the table if Calvin is doing his job, you're the new girl?"

I nod, overwhelmed from her fast voice.

"Okay. Your schedule is set with your script, it's only first script day but you need to hurry. Everyone's waiting."

I stand there, wide eyed as I watch Jace nod. Like he processes everything perfectly.

"I'll show you to your dressing room" He nudged towards me.

I follow him down the hallway, shoved into a small congested room.

Today was going to be long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 130 6
ยทหš เผ˜ ๊’ฑ โช ๐–ฅป PLEASURE DELAYER .แŸ โซ ๊’ฑ โ†ณ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ... he's in love with his boss's ...
48.2K 369 30
Random Henry Danger One Shots I daydream about from A-Z. If u love drama and heart warming friendships then this is the place for u!
67.7K 529 18
Complete!!! This book is purely based on imagination so please don't take it seriously. It's just for fun. Thank you for all the love <3 . . [ ONLY...
5.5K 169 41
๐‰๐„๐€๐‹๐Ž๐”๐’๐˜ โ™” ๐—๐—”๐—–๐—˜ ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ฅ๐— ๐—”๐—ก ๐Ÿ’ ๐‰๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฒ - "๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™๐™š'๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๏ฟฝ...