Voodoo Doll ➟ Taehyung

By Woozical

❝It's just a doll they said. It can't do anything they said. They're all dead.❞ Kim Taehyung was just the n... More

P R O L O G U E
I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII

II

5K 315 71
By Woozical

-----
II - Mild Violence
-----

Taehyung was still shaken up when he left the others. Hoseok was the only one who was sick with worry, the others were worried, but only to a certain extent. They believed there was nothing wrong with the house and he would be perfectly fine. Hoseok insisted he take Taehyung home and tried to convince him to let him comfort him. Taehyung allowed Hoseok to walk with him to his house because Hoseok lives around the corner, but kept declining the invitation to keep him company. He already knew what was waiting at home. 

"Are you sure, Taehyung?" Hoseok asked him when they stood outside of Taehyung's small house. He nodded in return. 

"I'll see you on Monday." With that Taehyung left Hoseok alone on the pavement. When he was about to close the front door behind himself, he noticed Hoseok watching him. The worry was evident on his face, Hoseok knew something had happened in the house. Before closing the door, Taehyung gave Hoseok a small smile. The smile disappeared instantly when he smelt the strong stench of alcohol. 

He walked into the living room to see his mother with a glass of whiskey in her hand. Taehyung knew she was already drunk by her cloudy eyes and the empty bottles of whiskey lying around the coffee table. On the carpet was a smashed whiskey bottle with whiskey stains on the carpet. That's where the smell's from, he thought. Letting out a sigh he rushed past his mother to open the windows in the living room. 

"Taehyung~" He heard her sing his name behind him. He proceeded to ignore her while picking up the shards of glass from the floor. "Tae Tae~" He continued to ignore her throwing the shards into the rubbish bin, careful not to cut his fingers. After mixing dish washing liquid with warm-water he took a cloth, wetting it and began to dab the stain on the carpet. She kept speaking to him, complaining about the draft from the windows making the room cold, and repeatedly trying to get his attention. When he finished dabbing the stain, he mixed white vinegar with warm water and sprayed it. Taehyung knew the ritual from back to front - he's done it day after day. While cleaning up the mess in the kitchen he made as well as rinsing the cloth he used, he heard a loud noise from the living room. 

He left what he was doing and looked to see his mother had fallen onto the floor while walking because she was too drunk. 

"What were you doing?" He complained while picking her up by her arms. 

"Oh Taehyung~ It's cold," She slurred and he could smell the alcohol on her breath causing him to try hide his expression of disgust at the smell. He silently put her back onto the couch and closed the windows a fraction, but left them slightly open. He rushed up the stairs to his bedroom, locking the door behind him. He fell back onto his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He could only think about the girl at the house. And the dolls. The doll of himself. He couldn't forget the promise that he would have to go back tomorrow. Sighing, he rolled onto his side closing his eyes. Before he fell asleep all he could think about were her dead black eyes.

-----

Taehyung woke up early the next morning with a splitting headache. Groggily he climbed out of bed while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. First thing he did was head down the stairs to clean up the mess his mother undoubtedly made in his absence. He was surprised that he didn't find her sleeping on the couch or sprawled out on the floor like almost every morning. Sighing he picked up the glass bottles and glass she drank out of. He threw away the empty bottles and began to rinse the glass out when he heard someone yawn as they shuffled into the kitchen. 

He looked over his shoulder to see his mother, her eyes were bloodshot and she was holding her forehead. Probably a headache from drinking, Taehyung assumed. 

"Morning, Taehyung." He heard her greet him. He placed the wet glass onto the drying rack. 

"Hi." He replied while rushing out of the kitchen, not wanting to hold a conversation with her let alone be in the same room as her. He went into the bathroom and pulled out a box of painkillers and took one of the white pills, hoping to get rid of the headache. After getting ready, he put his black hoodie on and grabbed his cell phone stuffing it into his pocket as he left the house. He couldn't forget about his appointment.

The weather wasn't any better than the previous day. It was still as grey and dull as it was although the clouds were darker. Taehyung wished silently that it wouldn't rain before he got home, and soon felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He unlocked it to find a message from Hoseok. 

"I hope you're feeling better Tae Tae. :) " Taehyung smiled when he read it, he knew there was at least one person who cared about him. He replied a short and sweet, "Yes" back before putting his phone back in his pocket. He looked up to see the house looming ahead of him again. His headache still hasn't subsided, if anything all it did was worsen. The painkiller should have worked by now. This time he felt more unsettled by being close to the house. He went through the metal gate and the air around him already felt ten times colder. Pulling his hoodie closer around his body for warmth he walked up to the house. 

He was shaking from the cold and placed his hand on the doorknob, opening the front door again shakily. The house was the same as the previous day, although the dust looked lighter than it did. A gust of wind blew past and closed the front door with a bang. Well if she didn't know I was here, she does now, he thought, shaking his head. 

Taehyung stood at the front door staring into space, wondering where he should go or find her. He didn't really want to see her or be near her ever again. He let his eyes wander the walls until he looked into the living room where the bookshelves were. His eyes met a pair of dead eyes staring directly at him. 

"God..." Taehyung muttered under his breath. She looked exactly the same as the previous day although now she was sitting on the couch with his doll sitting on her lap. 

"Took you a while to notice me," The corners of her mouth curled in an unsettling smile. Taehyung walked closer to her slowly, careful not to take the wrong step. He noticed there was a pin hanging loosely on the head of the doll. The doll gave Taehyung shivers, especially the black button eyes and stitched mouth that was curved into a smile. 

"Take a seat," She offered, gesturing to the couch opposite her. He nodded his head and sat down on the edge of the couch. There was a different air around her today. She seemed less...creepy, was the only word Taehyung could think of. She seemed a tiny bit more friendlier, although he still didn't trust her and he was ready to run away at a moment's notice if he needed to.

"Why did you want me to come back?" He asked her, his voice came out sharp and she stared at him amused. 

"Because I want you to stay here." She fiddled with the pin in the doll's head which caused his headache to worsen. 

"Why would you want that?" He snapped, "I can't stay in this creepy house, with you, even if I wanted to."

"Is the headache getting to you?" He looked at her bewildered. 'How did she know about the headache?' She giggled at his expression and pulled the pin from out of the doll's head. Almost immediately the headache subsided. "Now you know, no matter where you are, I can hurt you, or kill you."

"Whatever, but I'm not staying here. I want to finish school." He used school as an excuse, although he did want to finish despite only finishing assignments at the last minute.

"You want to finish school so badly that you forget your assignments?" Her face was now vacant of expression, fiddling with the arm of the doll which made Taehyung uncomfortable. "But no, you have to. If it's your mother that worries you then I can make an arrangement." She pulled out a replica of Taehyung's mother from behind. She was holding one of the pins close to the heart.

"Don't." He spoke up, worried if he spoke against her, he'd kill all of them. He didn't know how many of the creepy dolls she had. 

"Then agree voluntarily to stay here," She whispered. 

"What? Voluntarily?" He emphasised the word 'voluntarily'. 

"I don't like to keep victims here, involuntarily. I like to watch them in pain if I can," She began to smile and lightly prodding the doll of his mother with the pin. 

"You can't make anyone do something," Taehyung laughed at the thought of being able to control someone's mind and feelings. 

"I could make you stay here, or passionately kiss that girl walking on the pavement outside if I wanted you to," She joked at the end, trying to prove a point which made him roll his eyes. Her smile vanish and her eyes hardened. She picked up the doll of Taehyung and thrust the pin through his upper arm. He grabbed his upper arm as the sharp pain hit him and gritted his teeth. He guessed from her earlier statement that she would enjoy watching him in pain. She pulled the pin out of the arm and thrust it into the arm again in the same area. 

He winced this time and began to bite his bottom lip. She watched him with a look of dissatisfaction. She took out a second pin and stabbed the arm in the same area. Taehyung fell onto his side that wasn't in pain and soon tasted the faint metallic taste of blood. He saw red beginning to colour the white of the shirt he was wearing underneath his hoodie. He felt his eyes widen when he realised the crimson colour was blood. 

He saw her smile through the corner of his eye. "Don't disrespect me again," She ordered and yanked the two pins out of the dolls arm, and the pain in his arm lessened although he continued to lie on the couch. He was beginning to feel faint as he stared at her. 

"Do you understand now?" She walked over to him and knelt down in front of his face, her face only a few inches away. She stroked his cheek looking into his eyes. "I won't harm your mother, but you'll stay here. If anything she does is suspicious, I'll get rid of her. The same for your friends." Taehyung nodded slightly, his vision growing dark. 

"And don't worry, I won't let you die... At least not this early." Was the last thing Taehyung heard before he was dragged into unconsciousness.

-----

A/N: I hope you like it. :) 
Also - it's meant to be creepy, so I hope it is XD 
I'm sorry if it is bad, it is my first time writing something of this particular genre. 
And I seriously feel evil while writing this. XP
And I'm not sure if this is 'Mature Content'... O.O I've always assumed Mature Content was an alternative name for 'naughty'. >< 
-> Ignorant
~Sammy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 2K 23
Kim Taehyung really thought he'll go straight to hell after trying to saved the woman he likes, but maybe it was the heroic move he did that God gave...
699 27 26
You ever want your life to all be just a dream? Jungkook's story started out that way where he and a person he has never seen or met named Kim Taehyu...
15.8K 1.2K 35
Seo Haegi isn't your typical girl-next-door...... she can see ghosts, has a dark past, and her whole 20 years of living in this world is always full...
179 33 13
"Don't believe anyone." "Why?" "They're monsters." "I don't believe you.... I'll save them...from this hell" A girl who thought she is normal, met a...