Unexpected

By Discov3r

It all started with a call, a call neither one of them will forget. It started with a kiss, a kiss neither on... More

Unexpected
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part A
Chapter 21 Part B
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 38

23.6K 716 85
By Discov3r

Alright before you read this lovely chapter can I just say I am so proud of myself?! 

So, as many of you might not know this but I've been bullied all through school (luckily, I'm moving to a different school next year ;) ) and so there's this girl who thinks its absolutely hilarous to make fun of me in front of everyone and so today just being so fed up with this, I took a stand. 

I, finally stood up to my biggest bully and told her off! And my God! It felt so good! Later that day after the word got around what I did, the people who got bullied by her came up to me and told me they loved me. 

I literally felt like the strongest girl alive, I was so proud of myself and it felt really amazing. So, if any of you my followers ever get bullied or are bullied PLEASE stick up for yourself! Dont let those bullies win! 

You are stronger than them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Silver and I bounce in our seats as we look around the school. My dad slaps a hand on my thigh. 

“Please, stop, Cedes. Its annoying,” he begs. I groan and stop but still look around the school.

“Calm down, Jesus, its like you two are waiting for Justin Bieber to come out!” Matt complains. 

I glare at Matt whose sitting next to Silver. “I’ll have you know those are our boyfriends graduating, it’s a pretty big deal,” I snap but then smile at Matt. 

“I’ll have you know those are our boyfriends graduating, it’s a pretty big deal,” Matt mocks in a high pitched voice. I roll my eyes but chuckle. 

“Oh my God! Where the hell are they!” Silver snaps and I try to hold in laughter. Okay, I guess we did look ridiculous but come on! Our boyfriends are graduating from High School! 

Emery was practically hyperventilating when my parents and I took him out for breakfast this morning. Emery told me how he wasn’t good with big crowds of people watching him or with just big crowds in general. I told him that his last name started with a W so he wasn’t until later on and so he could calm nerves down. Emery just shrugged and held me tight to his side. I can just imagine how Emery is back inside the school where they’re waiting to come out but he does have Chance and Noah with him in there. 

I was a very nervous girlfriend at the moment. 

“I can’t believe Chance got accepted to Santa Ana College,” Silver mumbles under her breath. 

“Come on, Silver, that’s amazing! He’s got a big future in machinists! You should be happy,” I tell her. 

Silver sighs. “I am happy, I really, really am but all the way in California? California… Cedes that’s literally across the world. How the heck am I going to deal with this? I still have one year of school left and this is torture, Cedes!” 

“There’s skype… There’s holidays… Its all good, Silver!” I grin at her. Silver sighs but nods. 

I really do feel bad for Silver because she loves Chance and he’s going to college….across the globe. Silver’s last boyfriend cheated on her and I can just imagine how she’s feeling and thinking but Chance is a really faithful guy, there is no way he’s ever going to think about other girls. 

“Hey, Silver, Cedes,” Silver and I both look at Cade who is sitting next to Brittany. “there coming,” he says and we both look over near the school to see all the seniors walking. I smile and the ceremony begins….. 

*

“How does it feel to be out of school?” I ask Emery as he walks over to us. 

He grins. “Pretty epic,” he answers. I grin up at Emery and he bends down, pecking my lips. 

“See son that wasn’t so bad!” my dad exclaims as he pats him on the back, Emery chuckles. 

“Oh no because it wasn’t like I felt like I was having a heart attack or anything,” Emery sarcastically replies and my dad eyes him but cracks a smile. 

I smile at Alex who was holding onto Noah’s hand. “Very nice strut,” I tell her with a wink, she winks back at me with a laugh. 

Alex and Noah graduated together as Alex was a senior, so that was cool I guess. Graduating with your boyfriend. I wish I could’ve graduated with Emery but nope still one more year of high school. 

“So, we’ll meet your family back at Pitchies?” my mom questions Chance and Noah. 

Noah nods. “Yeah, when you go there just tell them you’re here with The Blaine’s and The Markus’,” Noah answers. My mom nods. 

“Well congratulations Noah and Chance,” my mom gives the two a hug. “we’ll see you in a bit!” she hollers as we start heading out of the school. I give them a wave and follow them to my dad’s car. 

“You were great,” I announce as I bring my hand in Emery’s. 

Emery smiles down at me. “I tried calming myself down,” he laughs. 

“It worked.” Emery nods then holds the door open for me, I slide in the backseat and Emery closes the door then comes in from the other side. After we’re all settled in, Emery takes off his blue gown and cap. He’s now dressed in a white pollo shirt and some levi denim jeans. 

“Jesus, Emery you’re growing on us old one’s. Soon enough you’ll be married and have children!” my dad jokes around and my eyes widen. My mom quickly looks over at her shoulder at us and laughs. 

“You’re scaring them, Steve! Look! They’re horrified!” my mom comments and I shake my head, closing my eyes. My parents will be the death of me one day, I swear. Finally, after minutes of us all being in the car, my mom parks the car in the restaurant parking lot and we head in. After sharing who we were hear with, they bring us to a private room for us all 20 or so. 

“CEDES!” Izzy yells as we enter the room, I smile at her, and engulf her in my arms. 

“What’s up, tootsie?” I ask her as we walk over to the seats left over for us. I sit down in the seat next to Izzy’s, Emery takes the empty seat next to mine, and my parents take the seat next to Chance’s parents. Izzy finally sits in her own seat. 

“Who are you?” Izzy questions as she leans over the table and looks over at Emery. 

Emery gives her a warm smile. “I’m Emery,” Emery tells her, Izzy nods. 

“Are you friends with Cedes?” she wonders as she plays with the forks and spoons. 

Emery nods. “Yes, I am. Are you Cedes friend?” 

Izzy nods her head fiercely. “I’m her best friend.” 

Emery gives Izzy a warm and heart warming laugh. “Alright, beats me.” Izzy leans in her chair with a triumph smile on her face. I turn to face Silver whose sitting directly across from me. She makes a face at me, I give her the same face back. 

“So, Cedes, you’re a senior next year. Any colleges you’re looking at?” Chance’s dad asks me. 

I shrug. “I mean, I want a scholarship for lacrosse. Next year coach wants scouts to come but we’ll see. Oh! Noah congrats on getting a football scholarship to BU.” I look at Noah and give him a smile. 

He smiles at me. “Thanks.” 

Chance gasps. “Um? No congrats to me? Hello, I’m going to California next year!” he pounds. 

I narrow my eyes at him. “I’ve congratulated you way more than once.” Silver and I took Chance out to dinner the other week ago to congratulate him and then there was the time he told us… so yeah. 

“And no one cares,” Ross retorts with a playful smile on his face. I hold in a laugh. Chance slyly gives Ross the middle finger. 

“Emery? You going to college?” Noah’s mom asks. 

Emery blushes a little. “No but I am taking courses for Police General, ” Emery answers. Everyone’s eyebrows go up in shock. 

Emery told us a couple weeks ago that he wanted to take over his dad’s job and be a General like his dad had been. My parents were proud of him, I was happy for him. So, for the past two weeks he’s been taking courses and been getting paid for being there. He’s been learning a lot and he says the guys are warming up to him. I know he definitely has a future in the Police department somewhere. Its practically in his blood! Emery’s totally showing that he hasn’t that little teenager anymore back in Nevada. He’s not the careless little child anymore, he’s owning up to his responsibilities. 

“Well good for you,” Chance’s mom replies. Emery nods. 

This was good for Emery. He’s finally starting on a clean plate. 

*

I giggle uncontrollably when Emery’s fingers graze over my ribs. 

“Oh my, God! Emery stop tickling me!” I laugh out as my breathing was becoming hard to control. Emery laughs at my torture but eventually falls on his bed. 

“You are seriously ticklish,” he shares. I roll my eyes and try to catch my breath. “but eh that’s what you get for stealing my last cookie.” 

I roll on my stomach and stick my tongue out at him. “And it was a very good cookie,” I add. Emery chuckles, I glance at his clock that sat on his table near his bed, 8:15 flashing in green lights. “what time do you have to leave for work?” I ask as I dance my fingers on his jeans. 

“9,” he replies. 

I groan. “What am I going to do for the rest of night?” I wonder to myself. 

“I told you, go home, Cedes. You don’t have to be here all alone.” 

I roll my eyes. “In other words, you don’t want me to be here all alone.” 

Emery sighs. “I don’t want someone braking in or something while I’m out and you’re here….all by yourself.” 

“I’ll lock the door…” I pout. 

Emery chuckles. “Makes me feel so much better,” he says as he brings his hands up to his chest. I smack his chest and sit up. 

“Please, Emery, I want to be here when you come home in the morning,” I whine. “and it’s the first day of summer, Emery!” 

Emery chuckles. “Phone on you at all times?” I roll my eyes. 

“Phone on me at all times,” I repeat. 

Emery grins. “And when you wake up I’ll be right here, okay?” I nod, Emery drags himself out his bed and walks over to his dresser. 

“I still don’t get why they have you going there at 9 in the night until 6 in the morning,” I complain. Emery grabs his works clothes and walks into his bathroom. 

“Its not so busy in the station at those hours!” Emery calls out. I squint my eyes… makes since… Finally, Emery walks out in his work clothes and grabs a couple things from his dresser. “you know the rules, no answering the door, no answering the phone, and no unlocking the door.” 

I roll my eyes. “Yes, dad,” I tease. Emery turns around and rolls his eyes. “plus I have J-Dog with me,” I inform Emery as I look down at the end of Emery’s bed where the creamy colored cat laid. 

“Oh yes because he’ll keep the bad people away,” he laughs. 

“My knight in shining amour,” I joke. Emery smiles but wraps his arms around my waist. “I love you,” I whisper as I press my forehead against his. 

“And I love you,” he whispers back as his lips barely even touch mine. 

It was moments like this that I cherished. 

I deepen the kiss and Emery kisses back but soon he pulls back, but not before giving me one last peck on the lips. 

“I’ll be here around 6, 6:30,” Emery says as he slips on his shoes. I nod then fall back on his bed. “I’m heading out, see you in the morning.” 

“Love you!” I holler as Emery walks out his room. 

“Love you too!” Emery hollers back and soon I hear his front door closes. I sigh and get off Emery’s bed, walking over to his sweatshirt that hung on his bathroom door. I grab it, slip it on, grab J-Dog, and head out into the small living room. My bare feet touched the cold tiles and I mentally scolded myself for not wearing socks or even pants. I lay J-Dog on the couch and head over to Emery’s stack of popcorn, I put one bag in the microwave and turn on the TV as I grab the remote off the kitchen counter. After going through some channels I stick to some re runs of The Vampire Diaries. I turn off the beeping microwave, put the steaming popcorn in a bowl, grabbed my phone off the countertop, and made my way over to the couch to snuggle with J-Dog as I couldn’t snuggle with my boyfriend. 

Ever since Emery graduated exactly a week ago his classes at the police station have been out of this world and its been driving me up a wall. I’m trying not to be selfish here, I’m really not, and I’m so happy Emery has these classes and he’s enjoying himself but I’ve barely spent 4 hours with him this whole week. Its frustrating to say the least. Then, I see how Matt, Miranda are and I get sad then I try and visit Silver but she’s always too busy hanging off of Chance’s arm, after even being more saddened I go and visit Cade because you know he’s living in my house but noooo he and Brittany are watching a movie together or kissing each other and whatnot. I hung out with Noah the other day but Alex then came over not even 20 minutes later and our conversation was just done. Ross was at a lacrosse camp for the rest of the week so he’s out of the picture. I have never felt so alone. 

Then again I tried talking with my parents but they’ve been packed with work, I’ve probably seen them 5 times in the past week. So, I’ve mostly been spending my time at Emery’s place and cuddling with J-Dog. Oh yeah, its pretty bad but I love Emery and I’m happy for him so I really can’t complain. BUT the good thing is that Emery isn’t working tomorrow, or what we know of, so we planned to hang out with each other tomorrow. All day. I planned to just stay in and watch movies but noo Emery wants to actually do something. 

So, I’ve personally been thinking about going to the zoo because come on, whose too old for the zoo!? Emery had in mind to visit the bike festival they were having a couple miles away. The bike festival is where people just show off their epic motorcycles and girls walk around like little tramps. I guess we’re still debating on what to do. Honestly though I don’t care what we end up doing, as long as Emery is by my side tomorrow I could care less. 

I jump in my skin when I hear Emery’s home phone start ringing.. Jesus… I move the hot bowl away from my freezing legs and walk over to the home phone. Even though I wasn’t ‘allowed’ to answer his phone, I answer it has I see my house number on it. 

“Hello?” I answer. 

“Hey, Cedes. Are you staying over Emery’s tonight?” my mom asks. 

“Yeah, well if its okay with you?” 

“Yeah, its fine. Just wanted to make sure. So what are you two up two tonight?” 

I chuckle and walk over to the slider door, moving the curtain so I couldn’t see outside. “Emery has work until six this morning. I’m on my own for the night so I’m watching some movies.” 

“Why don’t you just come home?” my mom’s friendly laugh fills my ears. 

A smile creeps on my face. “I want to stay the night,” I tell her. 

“Alright, alright. Call us if you need anything.” 

“Will do.”

“Night, Cedes, love you.” 

“Love you too, mom.” I finally hang up the phone and set it down where I found it. I move my way back to couch and set the popcorn bowl back on my lap. I take a deep breath and let the smell of Emery fill my nostrils. Finally, getting fed up with myself, I shut the TV off, set the bowl on the countertop, and walk into Emery’s room. I get under his covers, place my phone near my head, and snuggle in his warm covers. I take a couple deep breaths and finally fall asleep to the old spice smell of Emery….

*

I scrunch my eyes down when the sunlight shines in my eyes, with a sigh I open my eyes and let them adjust to the sudden brightness. I hear Emery’s soft breathing before I feel his warm hands wrapped around my waist. I slowly look over my shoulder to see Emery’s face stuffed in my hair, I let out a small chuckle. He looked so adorable. As I was going to leave his bed to go pee, Emery’s hands tighten around me. 

“Five more minutes,” he grumbles. As I wasn’t sure if he was talking in his sleep or not, I try to move again. “go back to bed,” Emery’s demanding husky voice filled my ears. I try to untangle my feet from Emery’s but he locks me in. “why are you in a rush to get out?” he whispers, I look over at him to see his eyes closed and his face relaxed. 

“I gotta go pee,” I tell him as I try to move but he still holds me down. I groan as my bladder was about to explode. “Emery….” I whine. Emery’s arm muscles move as his arm tightens around me, those muscles… I sigh, this happens every morning. Emery was the warmest person to sleep next to but he doesn’t let anyone leave until he’s up and ready to run a marathon. 

“Stop talking,” Emery grunts and I pout. 

“Fine, I’ll just pee in your bed…” I challenge. 

“Shh..” Emery hushes me and I gasp. 

I look over my shoulder again. “You did not shush me up,” I snap. Emery’s eye lids move at little but he doesn’t open his eyes. “Emery! Let me go pee!” I yell. I smirk when Emery’s arms move away from me. I slip out of his covers and get out of his bed but groan when my leg starts to cramp up from sleeping with my leg on. 

“I thought you had to pee,” Emery says, I look over my shoulder to see him waking up. 

I sigh and start taking my prosthetic leg off. “oh yeah, I was going to wake you up this morning but I just crashed.” 

I chuckle. “Its fine, I just have to keep it off for a little while,” I inform him then I glance over at the clock. 12:56, holy crap… We practically slept the whole day away! “so what are we going to do today?” I ask him as he lets out a yawn and starts getting out of the bed. 

“What do you want to do?” he questions as he stretches his body. 

I smirk mischievously…….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really do love this chapter ^.^

Vote <3

Comment <3

And tell me what you think <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 5.7K 35
*book 1 in the Elementals series* Four teens all connected in a way they didn't know was possible. Kailani: She was left on a d...
179K 6.1K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
624 67 55
Well, this is a journal, so you found it. Can I say Happy reading into my life? The life of a kid who hates love. This is a love story, darling. Well...
193K 5.7K 20
A girl named Selena, 15 years old, is basically like your real life Cinderella. Mean step-mother, and mean step-sisters. She does basically everythi...