Stella Academy: The Secret So...

By imbkaas

Stella Academy is a college for only the smartest students in America. Jessica is a 17 year old girl who got... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

79 3 1
By imbkaas

If you like this story, go like the facebook fanpage for exclusive news, short stories and character descriptions:

https://www.facebook.com/StellaAcademy

Frederick tries to pull me away, but I am too astounded. I can’t move. I can’t even look away from the two of them. I am in shock. I can’t tear my eyes from Phoenix’s body, it isn’t because he’s standing in front of me butt naked, but because his scar takes up so much space on his body. Even in the darkness of the trees I can see it clearly.

         “Jess, come on! Let’s go!” hisses Fred and pulls my arm gently but I still can’t turn my attention to him. Finally Fred yanks my arm so hard that I turn to look at him, he looks horrified and I come to my senses. I turn one last time to look at Phoenix, and when I do I realize he’s staring at me. I gasp and grasp Fred’s hand, we run for it together and in no time we’re out of the trees. I can see the Social Hall again and the music is immediately louder.

         “Let’s get back to the party, Fred. I need to find Avalon.” I say, Fred pulls me close and holds me in place so I can’t move.

         “No.” he mumbles down my hair, I roll my eyes. I know what he wants, and he didn’t quite get it in the woods. I kiss him quickly.

         “I'll be quick, I just need to speak with Avalon!” I whisper.

         “No, don’t. She doesn’t need to know.”

         “Are you kidding me? If you cheated on me . . .”

Fred interrupts me immediately, “I would never cheat on you, Jess!”

         “I know. But I’m just saying I would want to know!” I say, Fred leans down and kisses me.

         “This is not the first time Phoenix cheats on Avalon, and she knows it perfectly well. Leave it to Phoenix to tell Avalon about him and Sky.” He whispers between kisses, “Let’s go back to my room. Get some privacy.” He continues and I have a hard time declining him. I really should tell Avalon about her boyfriend and that bitch Sky. On the other hand, I am still kind of mad at Avalon for yelling at me for no reason earlier, she was really mean, I decide to forget about her. My own boyfriend is my top priority right now, grabbing his hand again we walk to his dorm.

When the door closes to his room I quickly get out of my dress as Fred buttons down his shirt.

         “You should wear clothes like that more often.” He says, I grin at him and shake my head.

         “Like what? Skintight?” I ask. Removing his shirt and moving on to his trousers he walks closer to me.

         “Yes. You are so goddamn sexy and you should really show it off more often.” His pants are off and suddenly his hands are cupping my face. “You are so beautiful.” He breathes and kisses me.

         “I love you Fred.” I whisper and we move to the bed.

When I wake up the next morning I am sweating. Frederick is spooning me and his body is so warm I am having a heat stroke. I remove his arm from my waist and quietly I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. When I return I see Fred has woken up and he’s looking at me, I can tell just with a single look he’s got a hangover. I grin as he groans. He looks terrible, and it really doesn’t surprise me. I have never met anyone who gets as bad hangovers as him, I have never tasted alcohol, so I don’t know how it feels like to be hung-over, and I really have no intention of figuring it out. Fred is very pathetic when he is this way, so I put on a pair of his sweats and a hoodie before I kiss him on his forehead and leave.

Faye is already up, doing her morning yoga when I enter our room.

         “How was your night?” I ask.

         “Uneventful. I couldn’t sleep because of the music, but otherwise fine. I finished my book.” She says and holds up The Perks of Being a Wallflower for me to see.

         “You finished the whole thing in just one night?” I ask incredulously, she had just begun reading it when I had left last night. It took me about three days to read it, this girl really surprised me in more than one way.

         “Yeah, it wasn’t that hard. I liked the way it was written.” She shrugs and places the book on her nightstand, “How was your night?” she continues as she moves into the boat pose.

         “Fine, I saw something strange though, and I really need to tell a certain person about it, but Fred said I shouldn’t. That I should keep it to myself, because it is none of my business.”

         “What did you see?” Faye rolls around to her stomach and proceeds to move into the dolphin.

         “Well . . . I saw Phoenix and Sky . . . together.” I hesitantly say. Faye lifts her head to look at me.

         “So?”

         “You know, together! They were making out in the trees behind the Taurus house and they were naked!” I exclaim. My roommate sits down and lifts her eyebrows at me.

         “Oh, dear God. Call the cops. Playboy Phoenix cheated on his girlfriend. Again! Big fucking deal!” she unenthusiastically says, “So what? Who cares?” she continues on.

         “I just thought I should tell Avalon.” I mutter, “I thought she should know, but Fred thinks otherwise.”

         “You’re already pretty close with Avalon, right?” I nod, “Okay, that settles it then. I don’t care about this whole thing, but if you think she ought to know. I say, tell her.” Faye shrugs.

         “Thanks.”

         “No biggie, can you leave now? I need to finish with my yoga.” She continues as she moves into some position I never thought possible for anyone. Without saying anything else, I leave the room. I don’t really get that girl; I’ve only known her for a few days, but still. I really try to be her friend, and every time she begins to soften up it’s like something stops her and she becomes hostile again. She really confuses me. I go outside and make my way to the Taurus house. I figure that’s where Avalon lives since she’s one of the scholarship students. Two pretty buff guys stand in front of the door, guarding it. I recognize them, because they were there yesterday as well. It doesn’t look like they’ve moved at all.

         “You are not allowed to enter the Taurus house.” One of the bulky-looking guys says when I take my first step onto the porch.

         “I just need to . . .” I begin, but the other guy interrupts me.

         “You don’t need anything in this house. Only scholarship students.” He growls evilly.

         “I don’t care! I need to speak to Avalon!” I realize now I’m yelling, but then men’s expression doesn’t change.

         “You are not allowed in here. You will need to wait for Avalon to come out if you want to talk to her.” Number one says.

         “Then can you go in and ask her to come out?”

         “No, we cannot leave. We have to keep outsiders like you out.” Number two growls. I back down from the porch. That really hurt. I know it shouldn’t, but I’ve heard that specific sentence before. A repressed memory surfaces again, and tears sting in my eyes. I try to hide them; I won’t let the guards see me cry. What he said wasn’t bad at all, but my past haunts me. All the girls who bullied me, kept me outside their groups because I wasn’t pretty enough or skinny enough. I was the outsider once before, before I began dating Frederick.

Frederick.

He was my savior back then. He turned my life around; if it wasn’t for him I would probably be dead by now. He heard me cry from the girl’s bathroom one day, and decided – even though it was the girl’s bathroom – to check on me. He saw blood on the floor underneath one of the stalls, and ripped the door open. I apparently hadn’t locked it properly. He saw me sitting on the floor, tears in my eyes, scissor in hand and blood running down the other arm. He immediately jumped into action, taking the scissor from me even though I tried my best to hold on to it. He grabbed some paper towels and held them around my bleeding arm. Luckily everyone was in class, so no one saw him as he carried a crying me through the school and out to his car. He drove me home and stayed until my mom and stepdad came home some hours later. We spent the time talking. Talking about everything, each other, our lives, and mostly . . . me. Especially what caused me to begin cutting. When my mom and her husband finally came home, he explained what had happened, and they loved him instantly for helping me. He made a pretty good first impression. About a week later he asked me out for the first time.

         “Jessica, come with me.” I snap out of my train of thought and sees the most gorgeous boy, no, man standing right in front of me.

         “Why would I even consider going anywhere with you?” I growl at him.

Phoenix chuckles quietly, “Because Avalon isn’t coming out anytime soon, and I want to speak to you about last night.” My goodness, why is he so charming? I don’t like him, I think to myself, he’s a cheating bastard.

         “I don’t want to talk to you.” I mutter, making him roll his eyes at me. 

         “You don’t have to talk, I'll do the talking.” He says as he grabs my arm and begins pulling me away from the Taurus house.

         “But . . .”

         “Jess, I know you saw me and Sky last night.”

         “Oh really? I thought you were too busy making out with that girl who isn’t your girlfriend.” I sneer at him.

         “That doesn’t mean I don’t notice what happens around me at the same time.” He smirks, “I saw you checking me out.” He continued in a low, seductive voice.

         “What? I . . . No! Why . . . uh, you? No! Why would I do that?” I stutter my way through the sentence, making Phoenix’s smirk even bigger. I hate him.

         “Because I’m so hot. You know it, you can’t deny it.” I notice we’re behind the social hall, I didn’t even realize we were going this way. Here no one can see us, all the dorms are on the opposite side of campus. Phoenix stops walking and turns to face me, I back away from him ending with my back against the wall of the building, reminding me a lot about last time I was alone with him.

         “You’re right. You are pretty good-looking, Phoenix. But you know what? I don’t care! I have a boyfriend, and I’m faithful to him! Not like you, throwing yourself at every girl in school!”

         “I don’t throw myself at every girl in school, babe. Only the hot ones.”

         “My God! You are an asshole!” I exclaim. He annoys me so much.

         “You’ll change your mind about me soon enough. But I didn’t want to spend all of our time together talking about me.” I have feeling he would love to spend even more time speaking about himself if possible. “You wanted to speak to Avalon?” I nod, “there’s no reason to do that. She already knows about me and Sky.” He says.

         “Oh really?”

         “Yes, really. I don’t have any interest in hiding it for her. It’s her own fault.”

         “How is it her fault that you cheated?”

         “That is none of your business.” For some reason, I don’t really believe he told Avalon about last night.

         “Why do you cheat on her? She loves you a lot.”

         “I hate to repeat myself, but I'll make an exception this time. That is none of your business.”

         “You’re such an ass!” I yell at him.

         “If I am such an ass, why are you attracted to me?” he smirks calmly. I loose my breath, that smirk does something to me. Butterflies flutter so fast around in my stomach it almost hurts. I feel my lower lip quiver and I’m rendered speechless. He steps closer to me pinning me against the wall.

         “I’m . . . I’m not!” I breathe in a stutter. He leans into me and places his lips on my neck, kissing it lightly. Every hair on my body rises in expectation.

         “You’re saying,” another kiss, “that this,” one more, “doesn’t turn you on?” he whispers as he looks me straight in the eyes. My breath catches in my throat and I can’t say anything. I just stare helplessly into his eyes; those gorgeous golden eyes are just hypnotizing. I feel my entire body yearning for more. I can’t stop when I begin leaning into him.

         “I was right, huh?” he murmurs in my ear, and I immediately snap out of it. What the heck am I doing? I pull away as quick as I can, and with all my force I slap him across his face.

         “What the fuck?” he yells as he backs away from me.

         “Stay away from me!” I growl and begin running away from him. I don’t stop or look back before I make it to the Taurus house again. The guards send me the evil eye, and I sigh and turn to go back to my own room.

         “Jessie!” I turn around just in time to see Avalon stepping out on the porch from inside the house. I breathe a sigh or relief and run to her.

         “What are you doing here?” she asks with obvious confusion in her voice, and a strange look on her face.

         “I came to talk to you.” I say, still a bit out of breath from my run. I am really out of shape!

         “About what?”

         “Last night.”

         “What about last night?”

         “Well . . . I saw Phoenix with,”

         “Sky, I know.” I don’t understand why she looks so calm, even if Phoenix has cheated on her several times. If it had been me in her place with Frederick, I would be so mad, so sad. I would probably be crying all day. Why is she so . . . okay with this?

Comments? :) Do you like my story?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...