Scared Of The Dark

By lucidality

Princeton Mumford is twenty, a sophomore in college, and he has a secret. It's not something uncommon but... More

Scared Of The Dark
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

191 13 3
By lucidality

Jethro's POV

I was dead asleep until I heard the scream.

I was having a lovely dream where in a different solar system there were people of sorts that lived on many different planets throughout their solar system and there had been some sort of war and I was trying to find survivors along with a few other people but then a shout had cut through my dream and I was awake and on my feet in seconds.

I quickly sprinted into Princeton's room where I spotted the guy thrashing around on his bed.

What am I supposed to do?! Do I wake him up? I heard that you shouldn't wake people from night-terrors though... or was it sleep walking? Damnit, what do I do?!

Princeton quiets a bit for a few seconds so I go to wake him up since he seems to be calming down but I realize he's struggling to breath before another shout comes from his mouth while he thrashes around and before I know what to do he's falling off his bed and hitting the ground with a thump.

His cries stop and are replaced by a groan as his hand presses to the side of his head.

He lifts his head and I guess he only sees me at the corner of his eye and he jumps before I quickly turn on the light.

"Oh my god, you scared the piss outta me," he says with a slight laugh.

"Are you okay? I didn't mean to barge in but you were like shouting and I didn't know what to do and you ended up falling off the bed. Are you alright? How's your head? What was that?"

I can't really stop my mouth as I ramble on and move his hand from where he bumped his head to make sure its okay, which it is.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. I guess I was having a bad dream. Really, I'm fine. Thank you," he replies.

"There's no way that was just a bad dream," I reply before I can stop myself.

He sighs. "Don't worry about it. Go back to sleep and I won't bother you anymore," he assures. "Goodnight."

I blush when I realize he's in nothing but boxers and quickly leave the room. I didn't mean to bother him, I just wanted to make sure he was okay. What if there was a cereal killer in the house or something? I suppose I did the right thing by running into his room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...