In The Spotlight

By rwinawrites

Xavier wants out. All his life he's had to endure the pains of being a celebrity. As the days go on, Xavier'... More

In The Spotlight
{ Chapter 1 }
{ Chapter 2 }
{ Chapter 3 }
{ Chapter 4 }
{ Chapter 5 }
{ Chapter 6 }
{ Chapter 7 }
{ Chapter 8 }
{ Chapter 9 }
{ Chapter 10 }
{ Chapter 11 }
{ Chapter 12 }
{ Chapter 13 }
{ Chapter 14 }
{ Chapter 15 }
{ Chapter 16 }
{ Chapter 17 }
{ Chapter 18 }
{ Chapter 19 }
Wattpad Was Acting Up
{ Chapter 20 }
{ Chapter 21 }
{ Chapter 22 }
{ Chapter 23 }
{ Chapter 24 }
{ Chapter 25 }
{ Chapter 26 }
{ Chapter 27 }
{ Chapter 28 }
{ Chapter 29 }
{ Chapter 30 }
{ Chapter 31}
{ Chapter 32 }
{ Chapter 33 }
{ Chapter 35 }
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilouge
......There's A Sequel !
Actually, There Isn't

Chapter 34

43 3 0
By rwinawrites

Updating Schedule : Tuesday and Thursday
------------------------------

Kesley's POV

After seeing what happened on the TV with Tracey, it seemed like every other agent, manager, movie director; you name it, couldn't stop contacting me. I wanted to kick start my career, but who knew the best way to do that was to ruin someone else's career.

But I didn't do it.

I sighed, walking into the bathroom. This isn't what I wanted, I stared at the girl in the mirror and it wasn't me. My hair was pulled back and it had lost it's luster and shine. My eyes were dull and tired, the stress of this situation had taken a toll on me. This isn't who I am. All my life I had a fire inside me, a burning desire to be somebody and I wouldn't let anyone take that away from me.

So, why did I let myself become my greatest enemy?

I gripped the bathroom counter.When this whole thing started I never knew that the one thing I wanted would be the one thing I hated. Xavier hates me, Tracey hates me, heck all of America hates me. Living in the spotlight took away the things that I cared about. I took a deep breath, my head dropping as I stared at my hands, tears starting to blur my vision. I want my old life back.

"Kes? You okay in there?"Tara knocked on the bathroom door. I looked up at my tired and sad face before sighing. I tried to keep my voice empty, void of the emotions I was feeling.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I replied back, I don't think she was convinced because I sounded anything but fine.

"Are you sure?" She asked,sounding concerned. I shook my head smirking slightly, I knew she wouldn't believe it. She always knew how I was really feeling.

"Yup! I am a okay sis." I chirped back, it was forced and I hoped that it was believable because I felt like I was going to break. All that I had ever wanted had been given to me, but with every gift, there's a curse.

I heard shuffling from the bathroom door, I assumed that it was Tara leaving but what I heard was not something I expected. "Ayana? What are you doing here?"Tara's confused voice rang through the door.

I frowned, I hadn't seen Ayana since the BBQ at Xavier's cabin. After that she just dropped me out of her life, what does she want now? Curiosity getting the best of me, I walk out of the bathroom and into the living room. Sure enough,standing at the door in front of a confused and worried Tara was an anxious and scared Ayana.

"What do you want?" I asked, not bothering with pleasantries. I mean she drop kicked me out of her life, why should I invite her back into mine.

Ayana flinched but didn't look shocked. She looked down at her fidgeting hands. "I need to talk to you guys." She spoke finally after a moment of silence.

I rolled my eyes. Tara looked over her shoulder at me, with an eyebrow raised she sent a silent question: You wanna handle this or me? I gave her a nod,telling her that I got it. I looked back at Ayana and replied "Too bad. We don't want to talk to you." I then started to turn on my heel and return to the guest room.

"Wait! I have information you want." The sound of her frantic voice made me pause for a second before shaking my head, letting her know that I didn't care. Once I took another step she said something that made me stop in my tracks and pull her into the apartment. "It's about Greg and Xavier."

* * *

Tara and I sat down facing Ayana who had yet to look up at us. "Well, are you going to tell us or not?" I finally snapped, her silence running my last nerve. Upon hearing my voice her head snapped up and she looked at me with fear and sadness in her eyes.

She broke eye contact but started talking. "It was the last day of the BBQ party at Xavier's cabin when Greg approached me..

I was chilling on a lounge chair by the pool, flipping through some random fashion magazine when Greg approached me. He cleared his throat and I looked up, he had a uncertain look on his face like he wasn't sure if he could tell me something. "Yeah." I said putting down the magazine and sitting up while crossing my legs.

He cleared his throat before taking a seat in the empty space where my legs used to be. His hair was still wet, like he just came out of the water which I assumed he did because his swimming trunks hung tightly on his legs instead of hanging around them. "I need you to help me out with something." Greg spoke finally after a moment of awkward silence. I looked up curious.

"What?" I asked,wondering what in the world he would need my help for seeing as we just met.

"You know Xave. He told me he wants to take a..break from the industry world you know?" He replied, looking a bit uncomfortable and worried. "So, I decided that I'd help my friend out and do just that."

I frowned wondering what he would do to help, and why? Shouldn't he be telling Xavier that this was a blessing, even if it was hard work. "Um, how exactly will you do that?"

He shrugged, but the look on his face told me that he knew exactly what he was going to do. "I don't know, but I need your help to do it I'm sure." I quirked an eyebrow, don't know what he's doing but knows he needs my help.

"I don't think so. Unless I get full details I'm not agreeing to anything." I replied, turning to grab my magazine again.

"Wait, when Xave and Kesley leave meet me in the deep end and I'll tell you." He grabbed my leg to get my attention while he explained his compromise. I looked up at him once again and nodded. He then took that as a signal to leave

"...after that once you guys left. I met him in the pool like we planned but I didn't know what the plan was and once I did I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go along with it..."

I swam towards Greg, who was leaning on the edge of the pool with a pair of sunglasses on. "Hey."I said trying to catch his attention. He turned to look at me,sending me a smile.

"You came." Was all he said, before pulling me next to him.

I rolled my eyes, "I said I would, but that's not what were here for. Tell me the plan." I said.

"Ohh, feisty. But here's what I got. Me and you spread rumors around about Xavier. You know like he had a troubled past stuff like that to make him lose offers and stuff." He began. I frowned, what kind of stupidity? Greg noticed my facial expression and carried on to explain. "I know it seems really sabotage-y but if we tell Xave he'll ruin it and besides this is what he wants. I'm just trying to be a good friend."

"That was the only idea you had?" I asked, thinking there was no way that was all he could come up with. He just shook his head, continuing with what he had planned.

"So, after we do all that.We'll need to have someone else take the blame..once we find that person we just walk away and live our lives like before."He finished. I was shocked, so I didn't say anything for a while.

"So, what do you think?"Greg asked, leaning against the pool wall. I bit my lip nervously,this didn't seem like a good idea but maybe it was, after all I didn't know Xavier that well maybe he'd appreciate this.

"I'm not sure.." I replied. "Why do you even want to do this?"

Greg sighed, he sounded like he was getting annoyed. "I've already explained, I'm being a good friend to Xavier. I'm getting him out of the spotlight." He gave me expectant look.

Even though he explained it I wasn't sure. I felt like I was betraying Xavier by agreeing to this."But why do you want to do this of all things?" I asked once again, considering actually agreeing.

"Because it's the best idea I've got." Is all the information he gave. I wasn't completely convinced but I told him I would think about it. I started to get out of the pool, when Greg called out to me. "But you can't tell either of them, no matter what they ask and or say to you. Capish?"

I nodded, "Capish."

"And that's how it all started I know I was dumb and I regret it so much please just please,consider forgiving me because I'm-I'm so sorry." Ayana blubbered out, she had tears running down her face but I felt little sympathy.She, my best friend, framed me and didn't bother to tell me out it until it was too late.

I glared at her, hatred was slowly turning my heart dark and unloving for this crying girl in front of me. "Forgive you?" I scoffed sarcastically, "I can't even look at you. You framed me for something I didn't do and then carried own like you didn't know. Not only that, you threw me away like yesterdays trash because of this!" I stood my voice getting louder with each word I said. "You were my best friend for basically all my life and then you do this to me. You took away people I really cared about, people who became something like my family. And you think I'll forgive you?" I screamed.

Ayana leaned away from me, eyes wide with fear and hurt. But I didn't care, she ruined me and my life. And Greg..

Greg...

When his name passed through my thoughts, I fell to my knees and clutched my chest. My mouth was open wide, and the blood running through my veins were laced with so much hurt. I mean I already knew but this, it took my pain to a whole other level. "Gosh, Greg..he and you..did this to me.." I said, my voice croaking and tears blurred my vision. I looked up at Ayana and felt so much hurt, so much pain, but most of all betrayal."You did this to me..you hurt me.." I whispered, looking at Ayana and searching for the friend I used to know.

We sat in silence. No one daring to break it. I stared at the ground, slumped over as the weight of all this information came down on me. All of a sudden the silence was broken by a persistent knocking.

"Tara? Are you there. We need to talk now."

We all looked at the door,before turning to look at one another with shock on our faces.

Xavier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896 83 25
Henry is in a gang Riele is a normal girl who doesn't want into any trouble she has a boyfriend who is also in the gang. what happens when they cross...
222K 1.2K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
10.9K 238 7
This book is about thugs basicly teaching people about how most thugs are deep down inside they just dot want to show is because they suppose to be "...
22.2K 1.5K 19
[ONC Longlister] Teagan's beloved family bakery is struggling, and her fear of taking risks has them losing more customers by the day. Enter Colton...