Goode To Be Back

By Dazed_1344

More

Goode To Be Back
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16 (Final)

Chapter 6

18.1K 430 531
By Dazed_1344

Percy POV

“How do I look?” I turned around to face Annabeth, who was lying with her head hanging over the side of my bed. She analyzed my jeans and a green t-shirt.

“Like a plain human boy.” She answered.

“Perfect.” Annabeth smiled and flipped over onto her stomach. She was in jeans and a plain grey t-shirt with her hair in a ponytail, yet somehow she looks more glamorous than any model I’d ever seen. I walked over to sit next to her.

“I really don’t want to go tonight.” I whined for about the fiftieth time. Annabeth laid her head in my lap and looked up at me.

“Me neither, but if we don’t go she’ll just get more suspicious because of the last-minute cancellation.” I ran my fingers through her soft hair.

“Promise me that you won’t get jealous when she hits on me, because we both know she will.” Annabeth’s nose wrinkled in disgust.

“No promises on that one, but I won’t hit her.” I grinned at her and bent to kiss her forehead. I frowned, there were extremely dark circles under her eyes, and her nails were bitten.

“You don’t look so good.” I blurted out, then realized that it didn’t sound all that good, “I mean you look tired. No! No I mean that you look unhealthy. No, no not that! Um…” She smirked up at me.

“I know what you mean.” She said. Good thing my girlfriend had a sense of humor, “I just haven’t been sleeping so well.” I could guess why.

Annabeth and I didn’t talk about Tartarus. We’d been on dangerous missions before, but this time was different. Usually I had a gut feeling that we’d make it out in the end, but that time I’d had absolutely no idea. We were alone, helpless, and in way over our heads. If Annabeth hadn’t been there with me… I shuddered. She reached up to cup my cheek.

“Thalia’s been getting pretty mad. Apparently I scream sort of loud when I’m having a nightmare.” I tugged on her hair affectionately.

“Why don’t you Iris-Message me? Or just break in, I know you’ve done that before.” Her cheeks got a little bit pink.

“I’m a big girl, Percy. I think I can take a nightmare or two.” Her voice wavered just a little bit.

“Annabeth, next time just IM me. I need to know you’re ok just as much as you need to know I am.” She pretended to pout, but I saw the relief in her eyes.

“Ok.” She whispered. A flash erupted from the corner of the room.

“Oh!” My mom cooed, “That one’s for the wedding slideshow!” Annabeth sat up instantly and blushed.

“See you later, Mom.” I muttered in embarrassment, and led Annabeth by hand out the front door.

“Have fun!” She called, taking yet another picture.

“I hate seeing rich people houses.” Piper grumbled as we pulled up to Calypso’s mansion. Her mom was a famous model, and they owned this really big house just outside of the city, “They remind me of home too much.”

“One thing’s for sure,” I said as we parked and hopped out, “This place puts my apartment to shame.” Annabeth chuckled. I reached out and took her hand as we all walked up to the front door. Sounds of music and splashing flowed back to us.

“Sounds like one big party,” Leo said, already bouncing to the beat. Oh Leo…

“Welcome!” A perky voice said behind us. We turned to see Calypso in a bright pink bikini and one of those white skirt things that girls wear to the beach. Why anyone would have a pool party in October…

“I’m sooo glad you could come.” She said, but her eyes narrowed like a cat, “Follow me, the party’s in the backyard.” Before we could react she reached out, and pulled my arm. Annabeth let go of my hand and glared while I stumbled awkwardly behind Calypso.

“Hurry up, slow poke!” She giggled and opened up the gate.

I’ll admit, her backyard was impressive. It was the size of a football field, with a rectangular pool to one side complete with a diving board. A gazebo nestled in the back corner in the middle of a flower garden. A stone patio held a table filled with party snacks, a DJ playing music, and about a hundred dancing teenagers. The entire place was strung up with Christmas lights. It was obviously a professional job.

“Nice place,” Annabeth commented dryly as they caught up to us. I slipped my arm out of Calypso’s grasp and returned it to it’s rightful place around Annabeth. Calypso didn’t look too pleased with that, but I didn’t really care.

“Please, make yourselves at home.” Well that’s what she said, but it sounded more like get out or I’ll feed you to my snake. I hope she doesn’t have a snake.

“Thanks for the invite.” I said. What? I have manners! Sometimes, that is. She beamed.

“No problem! My pleasure, actually.” She clapped her hands, “Now then, disperse! Mingle, dance, swim, go party!” And with that she disappeared, probably to someplace she could spy on us in peace.

“Yo Jason, I see artificially flavored cheese snacks over there.” Leo wiggled his eyebrows and pointed to the snack table.

“I’m in, come on Pipes!” Jason dragged her after him and Leo.

“Let’s go check out the garden.” Hazel said. Frank didn’t look too excited, but he followed her anyways. That left just me, Annabeth, and Rachel.

“I guess I’ll just… go that direction to avoid an awkward third wheel silence.” Rachel said with a wink, and sprinted away. Annabeth squeezed my hand nervously.

“What now?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Want to dance?” I asked, almost sarcastically. Annabeth chuckled.

“We are battle-trained warriors, not dancers.” I fake-gasped.

“Are you doubting my moves?” I joked.

“You have moves?”

“Why yes, yes I do.” I said proudly. Did I? Doubtful…

“Prove it then.” Annabeth said smugly. It was pretty likely she knew how to dance, seeing as she was good at everything.

“I will.” Why the Hades did I say that?! Annabeth tugged my arm down to the crowd of dancing teenagers.

“We’ll slow things down for just a little bit here,” The DJ said, changing to a slower paced song. Thank the gods, this was dancing I could do. What guy couldn’t just stand there and move side to side? Annabeth put her hands around my neck and I put mine on her waist and we started to sway among the crowd.

“So, these are your impressive moves, huh?” Annabeth teased.

“They are just as good as yours.” I argued weakly. She chuckled and put her chin on my shoulder.

“Remember that time we had to dance when we got Nico and Bianca from their school?” She asked. I nodded. It was hard to forget my first dance with Annabeth. I had been so nervous then, and so scared just from being that close to her. It was kind of hard to believe, looking back at it.

“And then that time on Olympus too, after we returned the Ophiotaurus.” I whispered that so that the people around us couldn’t hear what I said. I doubt the words Olympus and Ophiotaurus wouldn’t sound all that normal to people.

“You kept stepping on my toes.” She chuckled.

“Well then maybe you shouldn’t have such big feet, it would be easier to avoid them.” I joked. I swear I felt her roll her eyes at that one.

“That was a terrible comeback.” She muttered.

Calypso POV

I sat next to Sloan on the patio, watching Percy and Annabeth on the dance floor. Ugh, they looked so in love I wanted to vomit. I still don’t understand what he could possibly see in her!

“Still staring at him?” Sloan asked. Was that jealousy in his voice?

“I’m just seeing if they do anything weird,” I lied.

“Uh-huh, sure.” I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” I asked accusingly. He sat up.

“You know exactly what that means. I know you have a crush on Jackson!” I gasped. Of course he was right, but was I gonna admit it? No way, then I’d get dumped and my place on the social pyramid would go down a step.

“Of course I don’t! I told you, I got over him last year.” Man, I was a good liar. I should get an award for this kind of stuff.

“Whatever, Calypso.” Sloan grumbled, and stood up.

“Matt? Where are you going?!” He started walking through the dancers as the song ended and Percy and Annabeth stepped apart. Not a lot, but enough that you could tell whose limbs were whose.

“Yo, Jackson!” He snapped. Percy looked up, and the change in his expression was so fast, for a second there I considered a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type of scenario.

“What do you want, Sloan?” He didn’t answer. He walked up to Percy with all eyes on him, and brought his fist up to Percy’s jaw.

But Percy wasn’t there, he’d ducked his head. Nobody was that fast!

“Hey!” Annabeth yelled, “What was that?!”

“Me, trying to knock out your little boyfriend.” He answered. He took another swipe, but Percy ducked again. He stood protectively in front of Annabeth, even though Sloan wasn’t after her.

“Oh I’ll show you how to knock someone out alright!” Annabeth jumped past Percy and lunged for Sloan, but someone reached out and grabbed her before she could. It was that one weird redhead girl um… Rachel Dare, that’s it.

“Don’t bother, he isn’t worth it.” Rachel said. Annabeth still had a fire in her eyes, but she wasn’t swinging yet.

“Matt Sloan!” I yelled, “Get off my property!” Hey, better I break up with him, than him with me.

“B-but Calypso!” He sputtered.

“There will be absolutely no hitting at my party, now shoo!” Sloan glared at us all one last time then stomped off.

“Um… thank you?” Percy said. I beamed at him. He was so cute when he was confused!

“Absolutely! Enjoy the party!” There was no way they’d do something weird if I was around, so I had to resort to watching from out of sight.

“Um… ok…” Annabeth narrowed her eyes suspiciously, but didn’t make any comments as she dragged Percy away. He was so whipped. Of course he’d be whipped with me too, but at least it would be me and not that bottle blonde.

Two hours later…

Ok, this is getting kind of dull. All they do is talk! And talk…. And talk… Yawn fest! I almost wished I’d let Sloan beat him up.

I was just about to give up and go away when I heard someone yelling.

“Paint ball on the front lawn!” Everyone started whooping and racing each other out of the backyard.

“Well it’s about time!” I said out loud, and ducked underneath a table while everyone else ran away.

Everyone except the losers and Percy, of course.

I watched from my hiding spot as they all gathered around the swimming pool with their random junk: the baseball bat, the hairbrush, the butter knife, all that weird crap. There was a splashing, and inside the pool was what looked like… a goldfish? Ok…

“What is he doing here?” Annabeth asked, looking down at the goldfish.

“I thought he was on Olympus.” Frank said, looking at Percy. Olympus? Is that some kind of pet store or something? I almost fainted when Percy shrugged off his shirt and jumped in the water. The goldfish started swimming really fast around Percy.

“So did I,” Percy said. Annabeth knelt down on the side of the pool and Percy kicked towards her.

“It was probably some minor godlings playing a trick or something.” Jason said thoughtfully.

“We can just call my dad to take Bessie back up.” Percy said. The goldfish mooed.

Wait, what?

“It’s a dude, Perce. Remember?” Leo knocked on Percy’s head.

“The name still stuck, though.” Percy argued. Ok, now I’m confused. There’s a mooing goldfish named Bessie that’s a dude in my pool? What did Percy’s dad have to do with it anyways? I mean, last I remember he left when Percy was a baby and nobody’s heard from him since. But Percy was talking about him like he was just at home sipping tea in front of the fire or something.

What in the world is going on?

“Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly. Pretty soon everyone’s gonna realize there’s no paintball out front.” Rachel said when she came running back, “I told them that someone would bring the guns out in a few minutes. That gives us enough time to disappear.” Annabeth gave Percy her hand and pulled him out of the water.

Ok… that’s so weird. Why is he totally dry?! It must be the light or something.

“We could just use the Hermes Express.” Leo suggested. Frank nodded.

“It’s the fastest way to get this done, anyone have a sticky note?” Rachel pulled one out of her pocket along with a sharpie.

“An artist’s always prepared.” She said proudly.

“If you have paper, then why do you draw on your pants?” Hazel asked. Rachel shrugged.

“Artistic preference.” Percy scribbled something onto the note, and then threw it into the water.

“Ok, someone who isn’t on Hermes bad side—that means not you, Annabeth, and not me—, please start praying.” Um… praying? I never took Percy for a religious type.

“What did you do to him now, Perce?” Piper asked repetitively. Percy turned red.

“Well I certainly didn’t cause a small hurricane that made the roof of his cabin collapse when the Stolls put worms and mud in my bed last week.” He said with embarrassment. Stolls… Stolls… those two twin weirdo’s that left last year when Percy did? Hurricane? There weren’t any reports of a hurricane last week.

“Oh Percy, classic.” Jason chuckled and closed his eyes. I turned to look at the goldfish, but it was gone! Did the filter suck it in? And where was that note Percy threw in the water? Weren’t they going to call his dad or something?

“Come on, let’s get out of here before they realize we lied.” Rachel said.

“Movie night at our place?” Annabeth asked.

“Just no chick flicks, please.” Percy begged.

“I have to agree with that,” Piper said. Frank started arguing about how tearjerkers were the best kind of movies while they walked away.

Once they were gone, I slid out from underneath the table and rushed over to the pool. It was absolutely empty, minus a few plastic cups and leaves here and there.

I’m not sure what just happened, but what I do know is that I’m going to find out.

Annabeth POV

After a LOT of debating, arguing, and telling each other who-saved-who’s life, we finally agreed on a movie. It was one of those action thrillers with a hot male lead who has a few romantic scenes, so everyone was happy. Leo popped five bowls worth of popcorn, and then claimed two of them for himself. Piper and Jason lay on their stomachs in front of the screen while Frank and Hazel claimed the loveseat under the window. Rachel curled up in the armchair with Leo at her feet, so me and Percy got the couch.

One of the first scenes of the movie was a semi-mushy love scene, so my mind started to wander.

It was really weird. I never really got these “relax and watch a movie” moments growing up. It was always training, campfire, something demigod related. If a stranger were to walk into the room right now and see us, they would think we were just a bunch of teenagers hanging out on a Friday night (minus the fact that Percy was making water in the glass on the table spin around in a little mini tornado).

Thanks to ADHD, my mind wandered to Percy, who right now had his head down in my lap, eyes totally glued to the screen. As much as he denied it, I knew he was a sucker for romance movies. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that a woman basically raised him on her own. Sure, Smelly Gabe was there, but we didn’t really talk about him. Whatever it was, I loved that about him.

You know, I don’t really blame Calypso (and pretty much every other girl in the school, though they didn’t showcase it) for having a crush on him. Percy was kind of perfect. He’s so selfless, and funny. The fact that he was totally oblivious was sort of endearing, and saved him from being a stereotyped hero. Not to mention the fact that he was a looker. Percy was hot in that natural kind of way. Though his messy hair and glittery green eyes weren’t the reason I fell for him… well, not the whole reason anyways. Maybe 5% of the reason. Actually if I were to calculate that out I’d have to configure how his personality tied in with the look he got in his eyes sometimes. Oh gods I wish I had my calculator on me right now…

But then something in the movie, and I stopped thinking about math and started thinking about how the special effects in this movie were so lame the Stoll brothers could have done it better. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587 33 32
Read rick rordans books 📚like percy jackson and heros of Olympus who also likes harry potter cause I got an idea 💡
373 18 7
Previously called Redamancy "We are the warriors, who learned to love the pain" Leo Valdez x OC The Lost Hero-The Tower of Nero [The Lost Hero-In Pr...