Cotton Candy

By BigRed3

Chelsea's older sister, Janae, and Jake's older brother, Tanner, used to date but had a bad break up. Tanner... More

1. Losing my Patience
2. The Mistake
3. Morals
4. Party Planning
5. He's Home
6. Dan Collin
8. Flirting with the Collin Twins
9. A Deadly Encounter
10. Forbidden Friendship
11. Cat Fight
12. Jocelyn Howe
13. Jealousy
14. Caught
15. Bitterness
16. Liking Brothers
17. Coming Home
18. Home Sweet Home
19. He Did What?
20. Thinking of Him, and Only Him
21. A Not So Great Reunion
22. Misunderstandings
23. The Collin Brothers
24. Mr. Jerk
25. Saved by Collins
26. Crashed Party
27. Making a Move
28. Going Down Together
29. No More Boys
30. Secrets Come Out
31. Closer
32. Triple Dating
33. The Truth

7. Hanging Out

673 10 3
By BigRed3

Tuesday May 30

Dan's P.O.V.

            I go through an average day of school.  Jake introduces me to some new people and I get to meet Chelsea more adequately.  Chelsea seems like a really sweet girl and I can tell Jake really likes her.  The upsetting part is that he really likes her.  Like likes her likes her, but he doesn't have the guts to tell her or he doesn't realize it yet.  I guess that's why they call love blind.  Anyway, since Chelsea and Jake started to talk I decided to speed things up a bit. 

            It's the end of the day, and I see Chelsea standing at her locker.  She's all alone as everyone else walks by, and her pretty red hair is hanging messily around her face as she tries to grab too many books out of her locker.  I walk up beside her and grab the books for her.  She turns to look at me and smiles.

            "Hi, Dan.  Thanks for getting my books for me." 

            I hand Chelsea her books and we start  to walk down the hall together. 

            "You don't ride the bus do you?"  Looking out the window, I see the school buses drive away.  "That'd be unfortunate considering they are all leaving and you aren't on one of them."

           "No, my mom picks me up.  She'll be here in about 5 minutes."

            I smile at her, "Good.  I really didn't want you to miss your bus.  Anyway, I saw you and Jake are talking again."

            "Oh, yeah."  Her smile widens.  "It's nice to talk to him again.  Wait.  You don't know what happened between us do you?"

            "Of course I do.  Jake tells me everything, and he talks about you a lot too."

            She looks away and I see a blush creep up on her face, "Oh."

            There's a silence between us, and neither of us seems to know what to say.  Then, I get an idea.

            "Hey Chelsea, how about if you come over tonight?  We could hang out like old times.  Except you and I have never hung out before and you and Jake haven't hung out in a while.  So?"

            "Umm..Sure.  What time?"

            "How about 5?  Oh, and bring your swimsuit.  See ya."  I wave at her and walk out to my mom's car before she can protest or ask any questions. 

            I get into the car, and look over at my mom.  She's been looking so happy since I'm home. 

            "Do you know where your brother is?"

            I turn around to look at the rest of the car.  There are three leather seats behind the driver and passenger seat and they are all vacant.  Turning back around, I pull out my cell phone.

            "Nope, but I'll find him."

            Hey.  Get your butt out here.  Mom and I are waiting in the car.

            I get a response almost right away and sit back in my seat, waiting for my brother.

            Ok.  I'll make sure to move my butt faster.

            After a few minutes, Jake finally climbs into the middle of the car. 

            "Hey.  So, how was your first day?"  Jake asks.

            "Ehh..ok I guess.  That Chelsea girl is pretty cool.  I invited her over for supper and so we can go swimming."

            I turn around to see Jake's reaction.  His mouth is hanging open.  "You invited her to come over?"

            "Yep."

            "Well, that was nice of you honey.  I'm not sure she'll be allowed to, since...  Well, I'm sure Jake told you," mom says looking at both of us.

            "She seemed ok with it."

            We head home and no one talks.  We are all lost in our own minds.  The only sound is the radio playing "Come Down With Love" by Allstar Weekend.

            I can't help but chuckle to myself. 

            Sounds like Jake's theme song.  If only he weren't afraid of his feelings..or too ignorant to ignore them..

~~~~~~~

            We get home, and my Mom starts to clean the house and make it look tighty for when Chelsea comes over.  Jake and I get right to our homework so the rest of the night we can hang out with Chelsea.  At around 4:30 we both have our homework done.

            After some consideration on what we should make, we decide to cook hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill.  We also make some macaroni salad and potato salad to go with it. 

            By now it's 4:55 and everything is done cooking and the house is clean.  Only one thing left to do.  Jake and I need to go change into our swim trunks. 

            I'm the first one done changing, so I head downstairs to find my mom and Chelsea talking in the living room.  She has shorts and a tank top on so I'm assuming she's wearing her swimsuit underneath her clothes. 

            "Hey!" I say, waving at her.

            She waves back at me, "Hi Dan."

            Jake comes down the stairs now.

            "Hey Chelsea.  Ready to swim?" 

            "Yeah.  Are we eating first?"

            "Sure, why not?  You're going to love what Dan and I made for supper."

            We head outside and eat supper.  I decide to eat a hamburger and some macaroni salad.  We're only having a good time until my mom's cell phone interrupts us.  She excuses herself from the table, and answers her phone inside. 

            I look at Jake and he shrugs.  Our mom is a doctor, and a good one at that.  She really knows what she is doing and everyone depends on her when they don't know what to do.  Since Jake shrugged it off,  I assume this isn't unusual. 

            She comes back outside and frowns.  "I'm sorry guys.  I have to go to the hospital.  This one patient is in a really critical condition and they need me to help find a way to save her.  Will you guys be ok for the rest of the night?"

            Jake answers, "Sure Mom.  Go and save that woman's life."  He looks at Chelsea then me.  "We'll be fine."

            "Ok.  I should be home around 10 then.  If not, goodnight boys.  It was really good seeing you again Chelsea.  I hope you can come over again sometime soon."  Then she heads to her car and leaves.

            I lean back in my chair.  "I guess it's just us then.  Who's ready for some swimming?"

            "Let's do this!"  Jake says.

            We throw our trash away and Jake looks at me before he whispers something in my ear.

            He smiles devilishly.  "So..How'd you like to help me dunk Chelsea in the pool?"

            I grin.  "I'd love to big brother."

            Chelsea took off her tank top and shorts and is now standing near the pool in her tan-kini.  She's watching us carefully.  We both nonchalantly walk over to her in our swim trunks. 

            She starts to fidget and we can both tell she knows something is up.  She turns and starts running.  Jake decides to run after her.  I start to run the other way so we can corner her. 

            She manages to slip in between our grasp, and we continue to run. 

            Hmmm..She's actually a pretty good runner.  I wonder if she's on the track team?  Huh..well no matter how good of a runner she is, she can't outrun us.

            Jake manages to grab hold of her ankle and pulls her down.  They both end up falling and I have to try hard not to start laughing at them both.  Chelsea manages to get up and pull free from Jake, but she's not watching where she is going.  She runs right into me and I manage to get hold of her.  She screams and tries to get out of my reach.  I laugh as Jake comes up behind her. 

            Now she's cornered and together, Jake and I pick her up.  I have her arms and Jake has her legs.  We start to swing her back and forth while she struggles.  We swing her three times before we finally let go and she falls into the pool.  Jake and I both laugh.

            Chelsea swims to the surface.  She pushes her hair out of her face and gives us both a glare that says she wants revenge.  We continue to laugh.  While we are laughing she swims over to the edge of the pool where we are standing.  We are too busy laughing to realize that she's right there.  By the time we realize that she's there it's too late. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...