Unexpected

By Discov3r

It all started with a call, a call neither one of them will forget. It started with a kiss, a kiss neither on... More

Unexpected
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part A
Chapter 21 Part B
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 37

23.9K 638 31
By Discov3r

I am SO sorry I've been M.I.A!!! BUT GREAT NEWS GUYS!!! I HIT A MILLION!!!! AHHHHH! 

YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST READERS EVER!! :D 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wait….wait….wait, you’re going to stay here? In Mass?” my mom questions and Emery nods. 

“And get an apartment a mile away?” my dad adds. Emery nods. “get a job and no college?” 

Emery nods. “I already have this all planned out. First I’ll get a job and make some money then rent out the apartment, get a job, and then I’ll be graduating in a couple weeks. I just don’t want to be staying here and have you guys pay for food on my plate,” Emery explains. 

“Well.. Emery you can stay here as long as you want, we don’t care. You’re family,” my mom states. 

“Thanks, Mrs. E, really, but since you know Cedes and I are together I don’t really think I should be living with my girlfriend and stuff, you know? Plus, I really don’t want you guys paying for stuff,” Emery explains. 

My dad clears his throat. “How about this, son, we pay for your first month of rent while you continue to look for a job. You can take everything in the guest room to your new place. TV, bed, dressers, and everything in between. It’s the least we can do but since you are our care, we do want you to visit and we will visit once in a while. Now, when do you plan on moving?” 

“Well I was going to rent out the apartment when I got the money but since you insist.. Um but I don’t know maybe in a week or so? Plus, I do have money in my savings for a car so that isn’t anything to worry about..”

I crease my eyebrows, a week? Emery will be moving out in a week? It seems like he just moved in and now he’s moving back out again. I know, I know this time he’s still here and just a mile away but still it felt weird. I just got use to Emery being here and how I could just walk right into his room when I had a problem or when I just wanted to cuddle and watch a movie with him but now I can’t do that. It was strange to have my boyfriend move out and get his own apartment where I know he isn’t safe, like what if something happens to him while he’s sleeping? We won’t be there to help right away… It was heartbreaking in some silly hormonal teenager way. 

“Alright kids, lets head up to bed and we’ll go car searching after school tomorrow, yeah?” my dad exclaims as he and my mom stand up from the kitchen chairs. I stand up after Emery stands up. 

“Night mom, night dad. Love you.” I smile at my parents. 

“Night Steve and Mrs. E,” Emery says and then we head up to my room for the night. 

I walk into my closet and pick out some pajamas for the night, after putting them on, I head to my bathroom where I brush my teeth, wash my face, and quickly put my hair up in a messy bun. After, doing my nightly routine I slide into my bed where Emery had been laying. We both just lay in the dark, starring at my ceiling. “so you’re really leaving in a week?” 

“You can always visit me, my door will always be open,” Emery ensures. 

I sigh. “I know, I know its just….weird. You know? We were all just getting used to you being around all the time and whatnot but now you’re going to have your own apartment…” I sigh. 

Emery pushes me to his chest and plays with my fingers that are not in my cast. “Who says I wont still be here? I’m.. I’m just getting an apartment to start a new life with you and balance my responsibilities. Listen, there won’t be a time where I won’t be able to come here or you come there if you need someone to talk to or just be with each other.” 

“I guess,” I grumble. 

“Good, now don’t stress out anymore. We’ve got a week to talk through everything.” 

And that week needs to go by slowly….

*

I sigh as I open up my locker. 

“Don’t we look like a happy camper,” Matt jokes as he stops by my locker, I glare at him. “what’s up your butt?” he chuckles. 

“I hate Mondays…” I complain as I grab my books and Matt just rolls his eyes. 

“You’re always complaining!” Matt hollers as he starts walking down the hallway, I roll my eyes but crack a smile. I shut my locker shut and fling my backpack over my shoulder. 

Emery moved out this weekend and into his new apartment so I was up to one in the morning helping out Emery unpack everything. The guys also came and helped out so that was nice of them. Not going to lie though, Emery’s place looks pretty epic with all his set up and whatnot. Sure, he still has little things to unpack and rearrange but that’s all little things to do when he has free time on his hands. 

“So! I was thinking!” I jump in my seat when Silver drops her books on her desk beside me. “how about we all go bowling tonight? Then maybe after we can get some pizza?” Silver shares. 

I shrug. “What time were you thinking?” I question. 

“A little after 5?” 

“Sure, why not.” Silver grins and then the teacher walks in when the bell rings. 

Its been maybe a week and a half since Emery and I had our first date and it has just been wild. There was Emery getting his new car, Emery buying his new apartment, Emery buying things for his apartment, and just everything in between. Even with all this happening though we’ve been going on strong and its good. Our relationship is good, sure we’ve had some fights here and there but what couples don’t? I was glad we were standing strong, just Emery and I. 

*

“We’re going bowling and getting pizza tonight with everyone,” I tell Emery as we walk to my locker at the end of the day. Emery nods and leans against the locker beside mine. “my mom wants you over after school, she wants to know how everything is and how you settled in last night,” I inform him. I stuff my textbooks in my locker then I slam it shut and we start walking out of the school. 

“I’m going to pick you up for school again tomorrow,” Emery announces as we start to walk to his new pick up truck, it was a really good truck. It was red with some black striped on the hood of it, it had great mileage and it looked pretty epic. Definitely a Emery truck, in other words. 

“You don’t have to.” 

Emery starts up the truck and backs out. “I know,” he just states.

“So, for tonight we’re going to be leaving about 5:30, works for you?” I question. 

“Yep, plus I’ll probably still be at your house so we can just leave together,” Emery answers. I nod then pick up my ringing phone. 

“Hello?” I answer. 

“Emery coming over?” my mom wonders, I roll my eyes. 

“Yes mom, we’re on our way.” 

“Alright, alright. See you when you come home.” I chuckle and hang up my phone. 

My mom’s been like this since Emery moved out because she’s worried something’s happened to us but in reality she doesn’t want anything to happen to Emery. My mom knows Jess (Emery’s mom) would kill my mom if she let anything happen to Emery. Either way Emery is my mom’s responsibility now and she doesn’t want anything to happen to her responsibility and plus my mom loves Emery and doesn’t want anything to happen to him too. 

“Home!” I call up the stairs as I hold the front door for Emery. 

“In the kitchen!” my mom calls back. I throw my shoes down on the floor and walk up the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom sat at the island with a coffee in her hands. “hey guys,” she exclaims as she smiles at us. 

“Hey, mom.” 

“Hi, Mrs. E,” Emery replies with his signature smile. Emery sits down next to my mom as I grab an apple from the counter. 

“How are you liking your new place?” 

Emery nods. “I’m liking it, no one lives in the two apartments below me so everything’s peaceful and quiet, I like it. You know, I get my privacy so that’s good. And yeah, everything’s good.” 

My mom nods. “That’s really good, Emery, I’m glad. Your parents would be really happy for you, really.” I glance at Emery when my mom mentions his parents and his face goes pale. 

I narrow my eyes at him. That was odd, I’ve mentioned his parents a couple times to him when he got here and never once did he go pale like that. You could feel the pain radiating off of him and it worried me. 

“Home!” Cade yells as the front door is slammed shut. I ignore Cade as I look back at Emery and his eyes are looking at the ground and his head down low. 

“Emery want to head upstairs for a little?” I ask. Emery gets up and walks up the stairs, not even glancing anyone’s way. Cade and I stare at my mom. 

“What did you do?” Cade asks. 

My mom widens her eyes. “I didn’t do anything!” she whispers/yells. I chuckle but head up the stairs. I open my closed door to find Emery standing up near my dresser, holding a picture and I immediately know what picture he’s looking at. It was a group picture of all us before Emery had left for Nevada 8 years ago. I would always stare at it for hours and hours when I missed Emery, Jess, and Clayton (Emery’s dad). Right then and there I knew what Emery was missing. 

His parents. 

Emery puts the photo down and turns around to meet my eyes. I give him a sad smile and open my arms out, Emery chuckles and walks over to me, I tightly wrap my arms around his waist. 

“They’re proud of you Emery, they really are.” 

“I know, I know,” Emery whispers as his voice cracks. 

Maybe Emery wasn’t as happy as I thought he was… He was still missing a part of him. 

*

Silver winces as she guts yet another gutter ball. 

“You. Suck,” I laugh. Silver gives me the finger as Chance stands up to take his turn. 

Matt lifts an eyebrow at me. “And it was her idea to come here… Jesus, Silver you should’ve come up with something that you didn’t suck at!” Matt hollers at Silver. 

“Oh my God! Stop being so mean to me!” she complains. I smile at my stupid friends. 

“I mean you can’t even get one fricken pin down!” Noah adds and I look over at him. Alex was sat on his lap as his hands were wrapped around her waist from behind. 

Noah and Alex have been strong as well since we broke up. They were happy with each other and I’m happy for them, honestly. I’m glad Noah is happy with her and I’m glad Alex is finally someone. Alex is a really funny girl to be around and I’m glad Noah has her. 

Matt found Miranda last week at the mall, she’s a blond with a sea of blue eyes. She was very gorgeous and so sweet. Which is why no one understand why she’s with Matt out of all people.. But we are all happy for Matt that he finally found one girl to cherish. 

Now, all we have to do is find Ross a girl, which shouldn’t be too hard. I’m pretty sure any girl would die for Ross. 

“I think I found out why Matt picked Miranda…” Emery whispers in my ear, I crease my eyebrows but then burst out into laughter as I see her bowling. Her butt. Ever girls dream butt. 

“See, Silver! Miranda can even bowl better than you!” Matt tells Silver as Miranda gets 8 down. Silver chucks a piece of pizza at Matt’s face. I have to hold in my laughter as the pizza slowly starts falling off his face, the sauce leaving a trail on his face. 

“Very sexy look on you, Matt!” Ross laughs. I grin when I feel Emery’s chest rumble against my back. 

After Emery cried on my shoulder non stop for at least an hour, he crashed on my bed for the next hour and a half and then he woke up ready to go bowling. I told him multiple times he didn’t have to go but he wanted to go. I have to say though the worst feeling in history is having your girlfriend/boyfriend crying on you and nothing you say will help them. You feel worthless. I hate it. So it warmed my heart hearing him laugh and enjoy himself right now. 

Emery picks me off his lap and I stand up and walk over the bowling alley as it was my turn to bowl. I grab a ball and look over my shoulder and wink at Emery then pop my butt out as I swing the ball. I hear the guys laughing at me. I turn around as I get a strike and grin at Silver, she’s pouting. 

“Cedes likes to cheat with her fine butt!” Cade yells and everyone looks over here at our bowling alley. 

I really do love my friends. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a filler for next chapter ;) 

Vote <3

Comment <3

And tell me what you think <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
Bound By R

Action

2.6K 106 32
We all thought we were normal. But we learned we weren't 2 weeks before school ended. We have never met our grandparents until we learned what we are...
68.5K 6.9K 37
Being queer isn't the easiest shit. Being queer and living in small town South Dakota is by far the most difficult shit. Unfortunately, five extrem...
1.1M 35.5K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...