Living next door to an idiot

Oleh beau_angel

(Book One of 'An Idiot' series) Meet Haley Valdez. The Good Girl. She's a straight A honours student with a s... Lebih Banyak

2. Would they fall for it?
3. Self control is important
4. Comfort is nice
5. Spending too much time with an idiot
6. This Is Not What It Looks Like
7. He's my what now?
8. In other words that was fantastic
9. Ending a good day with tears.
10. This cannot be happening
11. Today was a productive day . . .
12. Holy crap ...
13. Should I be scared or happy?
14. A party I will never forget
15. A game with a twist
16. What the heck is going on?
17. Too much for one day
18. Best day of my life...
19. Tables turn.
20. Hell would break loose tomorrow
21. Bad Luck Prone...
22. Teddy bear
23. Second disaster date
24. I'm looking forward to it.
25. Knock, Knock
26. Hidden from me.
27. Man behind
28. Hallucinations
29. Our little secret
30. Best behaviour
31. You guessed it
32. They're coming for us
Next chapter is out

1. I live next to you?

48.6K 563 277
Oleh beau_angel

"MOM!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"WHAT?" My mom yelled back at me from downstairs.

"WHERE'S MY BIOLOGY BOOK?" I screamed.

"I DON'T KNOW." She yelled back. "JUST COME DOWNSTAIRS FOR NOW!"

"PLEASE TELL ME!"

"I DON'T KNOW! NOW GET YOUR BIG BUTT DOWNSTAIRS!"

"FINE!"I sighed out loud.

I quickly grabbed my black and gold Adidas side-bag off my bed and ran downstairs before jumping off the last step looking like an absolute idiot because I thought I was an agile ninja. Ignoring the fact that my biology book seemed to have disappeared I entered the kitchen to see my mom sitting down eating a bowl of Krave's and she had left one for me beside her.

I quickly brushed through my light brunette hair with my hands making sure it looked slightly presentable even if it chose not to be tameable this morning. I got the wild side from my mom you see; both for my hair since it did as it pleased and for my personality. The only thing that had been passed down from my dad to me was his hazel eyes which I had inherited.

My dad was always a sensitive topic to talk about to my mom so I always made up scenarios in my head as to why he was never around. I used to think that my dad had passed away when I was younger because my mom used to cry when she spoke about him but as I got older I realised through the small hints that my mom left behind that he had ditched us. At times she would be angry if someone mentioned him while at other moments she spoke about how he could have been a better person. I guess it hurt her too much to speak about it and so I never really pushed for an answer because I was more than happy with just having my mom and her family. My mom was the only parent I needed. She showered with me with love, provided a roof over my head and kept me from starving. What did my dad do? He provided his sperm but that was pretty much it.

"Honey, here I wrote a note saying we just recently moved house . . ."

"House? Mom, look around you. We live in a mansion, not a house." I corrected her. "Before we lived in a house like normal people. However, you decided that we had to go live in a mansion and look like stuck up rich jerks. Now I'm like almost every other blimey spoiled child in my school something I don't want to be associated with."

"Honey, I was offered a promotion so I took it. I only want the best for both of us. We both needed an improvement from the previous house and whether you like it or not this is that improvement." My mom looked sad but she continued to eat her cereal and turned her face away from me. Instantly I realised that was a very stupid thing to say and so I hugged my mom before giving her several kisses on her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I apologized. "If you don't accept my apology I'm going to be late for school and when the teacher asks why I'll have to say I was kissing my mom. Do you want to embarrass me like that?"

"Evil child, you need to stop learning from me." My mom smiled. "Silly girl. Now you take this note and hand it to your teacher before I go with you to school."

I took the note off her and shoved it in the front pocket of my bag before zipping it closed to make sure it wouldn't get lost or fall out since I happen to be pretty clumsy- especially when it comes to notes and other small things. For example, who trips up over the air you may ask, why that would be me.

"Bye, mom." I kissed her cheek once again before she began to threaten to take all of sneakers and hide them in different areas in the house.

"Darling don't forget to be on time. That means don't get late no matter what happens." My mom reminded me.

"Got it, love you." I shouted even though I was just at the doorway and my mom was only a corridor away.

"Love you too, monkey." My mom shook her head at me before I shut the door closed behind me.

I quickly ran to my brand new red Jaguar XF which I had received from my mom for my seventeenth birthday during the summer holidays. Oh how I wish I was still enjoying my holidays rather than going to school everyday only for teachers to further destroy our lives and ruin any small amount of patience and happiness we have left in us. I was a senior in my high school and so my mom decided it would be best that I didn't move school as well. That and our new home was actually still quite to my school. I would be turning eighteen in July so knew for a fact that this car would be essential for me since I planned on using for an awful lot of stuff. Hopefully my clumsiness would not make me ruin my car or else I would be screwed.

I took my car keys out my bag and unlocked the door, getting in and shutting the door behind me whilst at the same time chucking my bag on the passenger seat. Being the idiot I was you could guess what happened as my pens, books, purse and other items flew out of my bag as well. I may have zipped the front pocket but I definitely had not zipped the main one.

The second I had finished restoring everything back into my bag I quickly took my phone out the front pocket of my bag and quickly texted Juliet, my best friend since kindergarten:

Hey, I'll be at school in like 10 mins, I may or may not have made a mess.

As soon as I hit send I got an instant reply back. Wow, this girl definitely spent way too much time on her phone or she must have been waiting for me impatiently. I read the message:

I should've guessed so you clutz,be quick. Robbie n I are waiting for your big butt to get here.

As I looked out from my car, I stared at the large mansion that set beyond the sidewalk, towering over me. There were neatly trimmed hedges surrounding the sides of the house acting almost like a fence but not as procreative or safe. The roof was peaked, slanting down at an angle. The windows had royal purple curtains hanging on the other side of them.

There was also a marble fountain sitting towards the right side of the lawn. An angel holding a flower was perched on top, looking up towards the sky. Yeah, my mom goes the extra mile when it comes to making a house look 'perfect' or simply just getting to decorate anything she can get her hands on.

Water spurted from the other hand of the angel, which lay gently out in front of it, as if waiting for someone to take it in return. The water fell gently towards the crystal blue pool beneath it, causing ripples to form and wave out until they were no more.

I still couldn't believe this almost like palace was MY home. I mean it was so gorgeous but there was no way I would be admitting that to my mom because that would mean she was right and she loves to be right I wanted her to accept she was wrong for once even though I knew that day would never come.

I turned the key in the ignition and the car burst into life. Putting the car into the gear, I pressed my foot on the accelerator and drove off.

* * * * * * *

"Every time you see me that Hammer's just so hype,

I'm dope on the floor and I'm magic on the mic,

Now why would I ever stop doing this,

With others makin' records that just don't hit,

I toured around the world from London to the bank,

It's Hammer go Hammer,

It's a Hammer yo Hammer and the rest go and play,

Can't touch this, oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh,

Can't touch this, oh-oh oh-oh-oh,

Yeah u can't touch this,

I told you u can't touch this, oh-oh oh-oh-oh,

Too hype can't touch this,

Get me outta here u can't touch this,

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh." I sang along at the top of my voice with the song as it blasted out of my car before realising I had reached my destination. I swerved neatly to the sidewalk and parked perfectly. I grabbed my bag and put it over my shoulder remembering to lock the car as I got out.

I stepped out of the car I couldn't help but look at myself in the reflection of the car window. I had to make sure I looked presentable and that none of my clothes had ridden up wile I had sat down. I fixed my top so my chest wasn't showing and so I looked rather modest. I had worn a black dim hem vest with a white heart that had an arrow through it and the word love in the middle. It brought out my hazel eyes which I adored so much even if I did not adore the person whom I had inherited it from.

I had worn a white pencil skirt that was mid thigh and probably two inches or so away from my knee. My top flowed elegantly on top of it and even if I must say so but I looked rather pretty for once. My long naturally straight brunette hair was down today and thankfully my hair had natural volume so I didn't have to worry about back combing it. My hair had natural lowlights which Juli teased me about because a certain girl in the school who had tried to bully me copied my hair. You see bullies bully for attention, to gain a reaction or because they have nothing better to do so you must never let them gain the upper hand

"Looking sexy." Juliet commented from behind me almost scaring me as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"You idiot, you bliming scared me." I giggled. "You don't look so bad yourself."

"I look flipping gorgeous." Juliet boasted. This was our daily routine I guess, we would compliment each other about something and somehow it'd start our day with a good start and if things went downhill from there then too bad because then the world had to deal with our wrath.

"Gorgeous you are, babe." Robbie chuckled as he put his arm around Juliet's waist.

Robbie had been Juliet's boyfriend for the last six months now. He was taller than both me and Juliet, he had messy blonde hair that flopped to the side and he had light brown eyes with a few freckles over his nose and cheeks. He was slightly tanned and he had a fairly nice body if I must say so.

Juliet was a natural blonde with amazing natural curls in her hair but boy was she smart. She had the perfect figure and when and when not to flaunt it. To top it off she has clear diamond blue eyes that could have easily mesmerized anyone, thankfully for her I had grown immune to them now.

"You dressed up for someone eh Haley?" Robbie nudged me with his shoulder making me scoff.

"Pffftt, what?" I tried lying. "Me, nooo."

"Spill." Juliet said crossing her arms over her chest giving me a serious look on her face almost like one my mom gives me. Now that was a look that I could not disobey no matter how hard I tried.

"Okay." I sighed since I knew she wouldn't be giving up anytime soon being the stubborn lazy cow she was. "My mom's taking me to her business partner's house after school to secure some deal or something along the lines of that."

"That's it?" Robbie smirked holding his laughter from something that may have seemed important at first may now have seemed to appear as a small thing.

"No." I mouthed. "Her business partner is a dad . . ."

". . . And. . ." Juliet and Robbie said at the same time forcing me to say every last bit since they wanted all the information from me not just 'some'. Apparently hearing all the details is far better than hearing only some.

"Her business partner's son will be there too and we have to sit next to one another so my mom wants me to look nice." I quickly looked down and blushed a deep shade of red.

Juli (short for Juliet) and Robbie both burst into laughter. I must have seemed like such a lame child because I knew it wasn't that big of a deal but lets just say I didn't have the best of luck in front of guys and always ended up embarrassing myself.

"What's so funny?" I asked trying to look as serious as possible but clearly that had failed as a small grin made its' way across my face.

"You're getting flustered because you don't want to make your mom look bad. You made a big deal over a guy who you just have to sit next to. Is that it?" Juli asked understanding me partially. "And you want to look good next to whoever this guy is right to make up for previous appearances?

"Maybe." I mumbled blushing slightly. "Anyways-"

Suddenly the bell rang making Juli and me jump.

"Chickens." Robbie laughed. He quickly gave Juli a peck on her check and gave me a quick hug before running inside with his hair bobbing slightly up and down.

"Why's he in a rush?" I asked.

"Coach doesn't want him late to basketball again." Juli giggled. "Seeing as it was my faultlast time which he took the blame for so ..."

"Right." I replied smiling when I remembered Juli told me as to how she'd made Robbie late that day. All I have to say is three words; make out session. "Thank god we only have half a day today."

"Yeah but you moron guess what our half day consists of. We have our favourite subject... biology." Juli said in a sarcastic monotone voice. "That too... double biology."

As we walked inside and I opened my bag to take out my book so that I would be prepared as we entered the class but there was one slight problem ...I didn't have my book. It must've slipped my mind because I then remembered I didn't have it when I left the house either so it must be in my locker.

"Hey, Juli meet you in class. I have to quickly get my book from my locker." I said running off to my locker as fast as my legs could take me and dashed ahead not glancing back.

"Be quick." She yelled before entering our class.

I was going to be dead meat. I was a . . . urm . . . what people call a goody two shoes. I got A*'s for all my subjects and I was never late to class. I couldn't afford to miss out on the one lesson I actually found very difficult . . . biology.

Suddenly, without even realising what had just happened I smashed into something rock hard and nearly fell back when I felt a hand wrap itself around my waist catching me. As I looked up I realized I had just run into Dante Carter. This day was definitely getting worse and worse; if it continued at this rate I may possibly be at my doorstep with bruises and scars everywhere from accidents. He was the number one player in my school and he was the boy everyone's mom warns their daughters about ... a bad boy. Girls seemed to love him but I despised him...

...With a passion!

He was an eighteen year old guy slut. He has screwed most of the girls in my school. He screws and then dumps and this cycle is then continued throughout his whole life; so I guess some would say his tactic is hump then dump, to hit it then quit it. I hope you get the idea.

His hair, dark and lustrous, could almost have been mistaken for jet black and he had short layered haircut, slightly tapered on the sides and back along with dimples that made his smile stand out, emerald green eyes that sparkled so amazingly, a sexy six pack that was noticeable in most tops he wore and a pretty muscular body which I must admit looked pretty attractive. But, I still despised him.

I quickly got out from his grasp and stood there silently however, his arm snacked its' way back around my waist

"How about a thanks or wow Dante, you're my hero." He smirked.

"Thanks but urm . . . you're not my hero." I retorted. "Nor will you ever be."

"If you say so." He grinned showing off his dimples.

"Can I leave now?" I asked impatiently. I was going to be late and this would be going on my permanent record and just this thought scared me and so I harshly removed his arm off me.

"Ah... no." He bashed the locker door that was right next to my head and it flung open. He took a blue book from the bottom of the book pile and handed it to me.

"Your book." He said.

I looked at it and realized he was right. It was my book. It had my name on it and all my doodles on the front cover.

"Why do you have my book?" I snapped.

"Chill, Mr Parker handed us the wrong book. You have mine in your locker." He explained. "So could we go to your locker and get it?"

"Sure." I replied quietly annoyed that all this time he had my book and hadn't bothered to tell me about it until now ... when lesson had already begun. I had completely forgotten that he sat in front of me in biology with his jerk of a friend Chris.

I walked quickly to find my locker and stopped as we approached Locker 45B. I put in my combination and the door opened. As I was searching for my book I could feel Dante leaning against the lockers beside me as he was awfully close to my back.

"Found it." I smiled. As I turned around I noticed we were less than an inch apart. I quickly backed off and slammed my locker door shut.

"Here." I said shoving his book into his rock hard, yet very muscular chest.

"You are one feisty chick." He commented.

"Shut up!" I replied. I held my book in my hand and quickly walked to class twice the speed I had to get here mainly because I wanted to get away from Dante as soon as possible. As I entered the classroom 29 pair of eyes including the teachers turned to face me.

"Oh my god. Nerd face was late to class. Are you going to cry?" Chris mocked me. I could feel the anger inside me building up and I was ready to burst. First Dante, now his little buttlick, Chris.

He was sitting there with his legs up on the table like he was some sort of king. He was wearing a white tight t-shirt that hung to his chest and he was wearing ripped denim shorts. His arms were behind his neck as he attempted to show off his short light brown hair that had slight hints of auburn in it. He had a pair of golden orange eyes that would make any girl fall for him, but of course there were hotter guys around. I mean, no offence but, even Dante was hotter than him.

"I want silence or the next person to make a noise gets an hour detention for the whole week and next week." Mr Parker threatened. "Now then, Miss Valdez. Mind telling me why you are so late to my class?"

I stood there shocked. I didn't know what to say. I was terrible at lying and it was my first time late. Suddenly a big warm arm was placed around my shoulder resting an inch away from my chest.

"Sorry, sir. I couldn't find my book so Haley was just helping me find it." Dante lied. I could feel myself blushing but I did my best to control myself.

"Oh, were you with Mr Carter?" My teacher asked.

"Yeah . . ." I mouthed.

"Well, please quickly get to your seats." He ordered us.

"You owe me." Dante whispered in my ear sending chills down my spin.

I quickly walked down the aisles earning death stares from all the girls in my class. I took my seat next to Juli whilst Dante sat down next to Chris.

"What was that about?" Juli whispered in my ear.

"Basically. . ." I started off. "We bumped into each other. He had my book, I had his. I ran to get to class. I was late and he turns up behind me giving an excuse then whispering that apparently I owe him."

"You kind of do." Juli muttered looking annoyed for me because she knew that Chris was right.

"How so?" I asked confused.

"Well technically, Mr Parker is the harshest teacher in school and he should've given you a double hour det but since Dante's dad helps the school finically and maintains its' excellent reputation, all the teachers respect his dad and therefore they are all scared of Dante and listen to him." Juli explained.

"Bull sh. . ." But before I could finish Chris spun in his chair and faced me.

"What your blonde friend here is saying is true, Dante controls the school, not the other way round." Chris smirked.

"So does Dante control you?" I asked him wiping the smirk off his face. Chris sat there looking pissed off. Juli smiled but this only made Dante turn around.

"I don't buy my friends and I don't control my friends." He claimed in a calm manor as though he was implying Juli does.

"I did not know that." I sarcastically commented.

"Why do you not like me?" He asked.

"Maybe because . . . oh . . . I don't know . . . you're a jerk that hurts every girl he meets and crushes their hearts." I grumbled.

"That's what you think happens?" He asked.

"What then?" I asked sitting up properly.

"Don't waste time talking to her." Chris smirked.

"Ok, class you all have two months to complete a new project which I shall be giving it to you. I'm giving you such a big time extension because I expect the best and not some crap I may find on the bottom of my shoe." Mr Parker exclaimed. "It shall be in pairs."

"Juli!" I shrieked whilst at the same time Juli shrieked: "Haley!"

"Class, silence. Now!" Mr Parker exclaimed in a serious tone. "I pick your partners not you." The whole class groaned so Sir tapped his pen twice against the board and surprisingly every shut up.

"Please listen carefully for your name and your partner's name." He mentioned. "Jessica and Clark. Monice and Frank. Juliet and James. Chris and Mollie. Michael and Asher." I sat there for god knows how long until he finally said my name.

"Haley and . . . Dante." He read out from his paper.

"WHAT?!" Dante and I both got up slamming our hands on our desks while our seats flew back. Of course his hit Juli's and my desk so I staggered backwards a bit.

"Sit down and make no noise or sound. You two must work together as Haley you need someone to bring your grade up for the written work whereas Dante here needs someone to help who has a lower grade than him for extra credit." He explained.

"Are you trying to tell me Dante got higher than me?" I gasped.

"No." He replied and I let out a deep breathe. "He got higher than the whole year. He got full marks in the last five test papers." My mouth dropped in shock.

"Sir, please man. Anyone but her." Dante groaned.

"Deal with it."

Time flew by quickly as soon the bell went and everyone rushed to go home. Two hours had flown by me imagining what a horror it was going to be working with a stuck up jerk. I took my hoody out my bag and put it on, I didn't want to attract strangers and god knows who else.

I took my phone out to read a message from my mom:

Hey hun, sorry my car broke down and I had a spare set of keys to your car so urm you kinda need a ride now. I had to use your car as all my other cars are still in the car lot. Get someone to drop you off home. My business partner lives next door to us so it's all fine hun x

This must be the worst day ever and it possibly couldn't get any worse.

"Hey babe." Dante chuckled from behind me. "Need a ride."

I wonder what poor, innocent unclaimed girl he was trying to hit on now.

"Haley! Are you listening to me?" He shouted in my ear. I jumped and I guess I jinxed it for myself. My day could not get any worse than it already had done so.

"No, I'm fine." I groaned.

"Really? So your mom didn't take your car and you don't need a ride home to see a business partner?"

"Did I ask for you to read my messages and snoop into my life?" I snapped turning around to face him.

"Gosh. Chill babe." Dante smirked. "You owe so I thought why not drop you off."

"Really? That's how I repay you?" I asked bewildered. "By getting in the car with you."

"Yeah, pretty much. That's about it." He answered cockily.

"Just this once, because otherwise I'll be late." I sighed giving in.

I got into his passenger seat and buckled myself in. Meanwhile he didn't because he was trying to act like a 'bad boy'.

"Where to, babe?" He asked.

"Call me babe one more time and I swear to god I'll kick you where the sun doesn't shine." I threatened.

"Chill tesoro." He said changing the 'nickname'. "Now directions."

After 10 mins of him following my directions he stopped the car and parked by a sidewalk.

"Thanks." I said grabbing my bag and shutting the door behind me. I noticed one small thing though. He hadn't left yet. In fact when I turned around I screamed in shock.

"Tesoro, I'm sexy not hideous." He grinned.

"Why are you following me?" I asked ignoring him completely.

"Trust me, the last thing I want to do is follow you." He mumbled.

As I walked to the porch of my neighbour's house I realised Dante was still behind me but this time he asked the question first:

"Why are you trying to come into my house?" I choked on my spit and began to cough furiously.

"What do you mean your house?" I panicked.

"I live here, tesoro." He said in a serious tone.

"Are you trying to tell me . . ." I paused.

". . . you're my dad's business partner's daughter." Dante gasped.

"I LIVE NEXT TO YOU!" We both screamed. "AH!

****************

A/N: Apologies if this chapter is rubbish haha but it's my first chapter and it will be edited once this book is complete so fear not. I hope you all enjoyed it.

For those of you who are confused about the names, I have changed Josh to Dante and Sarah to Haley so if you see any of the old names please do inform me thank you XD

Comment your views and tell me which bits you liked :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.9K 1.3K 34
April has an attitude, but Nico thinks it's pretty sexy. The problem is, she hates his guts. The other problem is, she can't quite get rid of him. If...
85.7K 1.2K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
24.1K 400 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
Saved Oleh ohyizzle

Fiksi Remaja

517K 12.3K 46
[Completed] {Book 1} Her life is a living hell. There's no doubt in that. People think her life's rainbows and unicorns, but in reality it's hell...