10 Things: A Cody Simpson Fan...

By CODESTERs

10 things. Just 10 things on her bucketlist that she wishes to have completed, all alone with nothing but smi... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six

Twenty-six

1.6K 34 15
By CODESTERs

Merinda:

          “So what’s on the agenda from now?" Matt paused.

          “Is that Merinda, you’re going to have to go through a small check up, but other than going out to dine for din, we’re just staying in the hotel and slacking off ‘cause it was a tiring journey from Paris, yeah?”

          Matt looked from one person to the other after informing, just to be reassured that we were fine.

          I nodded, along with the crew who heaved loud sighs in exhaustion. My eyes couldn’t stop traveling to Dr. Anderson, the Simpsons’ family doctor, though. He gave me a strong feeling of familiarity, it’s almost like I’ve seen him before.

          Big brown eyes with wavy light brown hair that he brushed all the way behind that gave him a fatherly image and a broad smile that displayed his sparkling white teeth—he was way too familiar for my liking.

          Especially since I just can’t seem to figure out where in the world I’ve ever seen him!

          “Merinda, are you ready to begin with your check up?” Mr. Anderson asked with a firm smile on his face, making me squirm a little in my seat. I’ve never felt comfortable with doctors, much less having to go through a check up—or chemotherapy with one right now, or later.

          My eyes flew right up to look at Cody when he instantly voiced out, though, catching my attention.

          “Can I follow? After all, I’m Merinda’s boyfriend—Doc, you can’t say no to me, can you?” Cody cheekily smirked at Dr. Anderson, wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me closer.

          Though, he slid his hand down slightly and pressed his palm firmly on my hip, resting it there while I absentmindedly melted under his arm.

          Dr. Anderson’s expression switched from a happy one to a dubious one almost instantly, making me frown.

          Who was he to judge Cody and me? He doesn’t even know anything about us. My teeth grounded together tightly as I raged in silence.

          I hadn’t realized how obvious my discomfort was, but the moment Cody reached for my hand and slid his fingers between the gaps of mine from the back of my palm and gave it a light squeeze, I knew I had to erase the look on my face and try not to be bothered.

          “Boyfriend?” Dr. Anderson began, “I haven’t seen any articles about the both of you? Not even on the ones my daughter reads!”

          “That’s because we don’t want anybody to know just yet,” Cody paused, grazing his thumb over my palm softly. “And I trust you not to tell anyone, not even your daughter.”

          “Oh,” he stopped short, “okay. Well, let’s not waste any more time.”

          As we walked down the short hallway (with many rooms), we stopped before one in the middle of nowhere and pushed the door open after unlocking it. Man, this hotel’s huge.

          “Okay, it would be best if you made yourself comfortable before we go on to doing anything else. I’ll just give you a check up, and after that I’ll proceed on to explaining what usually goes through during chemotherapy—and this is just a slight warning, that it isn’t pleasant.”

          While the doctor walked away to attend to something in some place, his last few words replayed in my mind, slowly, softly, and painfully.

          It isn’t pleasant.

          Pleasant. Not.

          Now, can somebody tell me why on earth did I agree to Cody’s and Mom’s consents on letting me do this, again? I’d really rather leave everything behind and go without pain than to go through pain and survive through an illness that also could be a rebound.

          Plopping down on the couch, fearless, Cody patted his lap and motioned for me to sit down on him, but being too scared, I decided to sit next to him because, if I sat on him, for some reason I think I’d just be twice as terrified.

          Hiding my face in his shoulder, he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer; his warmth twisting with mine, warming me up.

          My fingers fiddled with each others on my lap. “I’m scared,” I whispered truthfully, squeezing my eyes shut. All I wanted to do was escape from reality. I think I never should’ve agreed to do this. Because… Great, now I’m going to scare the crap out of myself. “I can’t take pain, Cody, I never have been able to.”

          “You know what?” One of his hands stroked my hair comfortingly while the other ran up my back and down in a soothing way.

          “I’m gonna be here all the time, for you. I’m not going anywhere again. It’s all about you, and remember we don’t just want you to do this for us—we want this for you, too, no matter how painful it’s going to be. We want you here with us, not in heaven with God so soon.” 

          I pursed my lips in and clenched my fists into two huge balls. I sighed in the quietest way possible. “I know. But I’m just too afraid.”

          “Look at me,” he softly murmured next to my ear, luring me up; my light brown orbs meeting his perfect light green ones. “I’m going to do all I can to distract you from the pain. I’m going to do all I can to make sure you don’t get hurt.”

          And I could mentally hear him say ‘again’ which made me smile behind the fear that was seeping through my veins.

          “You trust me, right?” He asked, showing off his hopes evidently.

          I nodded. “I trust you.” But don’t throw it away again…

          “Okay, now give me a kiss and let me be your medicine,” he cutely said before puckering his lips out at me. I let out a small laugh before facing away, not letting him get what he want. At the very same time, Dr. Anderson returned with a greatly stuffed white bag.

          Here goes, oh dear God, please pray over me.

Cody:

          “Cody, can you please leave for a moment? I need to speak with Merinda, as well as start on the check up,” Mr. Anderson asked me nicely, raising his eyebrows when I cocked an eyebrow, suddenly feeling like I’ve been overwhelmed by over protectiveness.

          “But you said I could stay!” I retorted, only to have my frown deepening next.

          “But I decided it would be best if you left for a while,” he paused, eyeing Merinda, which only made me even more frustrated, “unless she’s comfortable with you staying here?”

          Oh, great. Nice way to pull my girlfriend into this. Ah.

          “Cody, leave. I’ll call you back when I can, okay?” Merinda sternly told me, sending a fierce look my way, making me sulk internally, like a little kid who can’t get what he wants. Okay, well, one thing I know for sure is that, at least she managed to push the fury inside of me.

          “Fine,” I hinted a huff, turning out and walking straight ahead to the living room—where I doubt there would still be many people considering they needed to rest to.

          I reached up and ran my fingers through my hair, at the moment, not caring whether it turns messy, if not messier because all I wanted was to have my girl in my arms. I didn’t want to leave her alone, but I didn’t want to seem clingy, but—at least I can go back in there, so, whatever.

          “Cody!”

          My eyes instantly snapped to the side and I jerked my chin at Alli, who was making her way towards me quickly, in response.

          “What?” I asked, trying to figure out what she wanted. I wasn’t really in the mood to talk, and it’s really taking me a shitload not to just explode. Today is just not my day.

          “Woah, chill it—don’t look like you’re about to kill someone, brah,” Alli raised her eyebrows and took a cautious step back in case I blow up, “I just wanted to tell you that Jess is coming for a short visit tomorrow morning, before we all leave for the Fifth Avenue in the afternoon.”

          “Jess?” I raised my eyebrows. “As in, Jessica Jarrell?”

          “No, Jessica Simpson,” she sarcastically stated, rolling her eyes, “Jessica Jarrell, duh. How many Jessica’s do you know, anyway, wow.”

          “Hey, no need for sarcasm,” I coldly snapped, containing a growl. “What’s she coming over for?”

          Alli’s eyebrows rose in curiosity. “What happened to you?”

          “Can you just answer my question and drop it?”

          “No, not until you tell me what happened to you because I’m your sister and I’m good with the internet and I have fans who are your fans and if you don’t tell me I could tweet and—“

          “You win,” I snarled, “just our fam doc—I’ve never liked him, and now I detest him even more.”

          “What could he have done that would turn you like this?” She questioned, tucking her chin between her index finger and thumb, looking like she was pondering over it.

          But before I could open my mouth to reply her, she beat me to it, knowing exactly what was going through my mind. “Merinda, huh.”

          I heaved a sigh. “Yeah.” I paused and stared at her, boring right through her sparkling blue eyes (that didn’t come from our Mom or Dad, but just ran in the genes) “And don’t ask me what happened again, because I don’t even know myself. I’m just mad for nothing.”

          “Okay, at least I know part of it, so,” she shrugged her shoulders.

          “Can you answer my question now?” I sighed, this time lesser of anger but annoyance. Then again, I think a little bit of humor either. I’m just having one of those ‘I’m-angry-but-I-want-to-laugh-at-the-same-time’ kind of thing, oh. Well, yeah, there goes my imperfection.

          “Oh, right! You forgot I have a Love Pastry signing with her?” She gasped, making me widen my eyes. I didn’t even know she had a signing here, too! “Oh, wait. On second thought, I don’t think you were informed about it either, so… Well, sorry, my bad.”

          “Where’s it going to be held? And when is that going to be? And how long were you told we’re going to be in New York for?” I bombarded her, folding my arms across my chest at the same time.

          My head slanted slightly to the left while waiting.

          “It’s going to be held in a mall, but I forgot what it’s called. It’s in two days. Matt told me we’re going to be in New York for at least a week, so that means on your show day…”

          My ears weren’t listening to Alli’s babblings anymore. I only had one thing in mind—Merinda’s bucket list.

          If we’re resting on the first day, visiting on the second, performing on the third, resting on the forth again, and free on the fifth, sixth, seventh… Why don’t I plan a date for Merinda and I on the sixth, have a family outing on the fifth and whole crew day out on the last?

          “Oh, man, New York’s going to be so fun.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 4.4K 46
I never know what to write here, I mean the title says it all.
38.7K 321 46
who knew that one contest could change your life? when you find you and Cody, to what seems 'everlasting love', will something break you apart? or wi...
151K 3.4K 31
Just all of my Robbie Kay Imagines that I posted on Tumblr. My tumblr is darkpeterpanouat. COMPLETED
11.2K 152 16
My life goes on. It carries me to a new journey. In my new journal, you'll see my life with Ryan. My new adventures with Cody Simpson and a little bi...