The Gatekeeper's Sons

By EvaPohler

A modern teen becomes entangled with the ancient gods when Thanatos, the god of death, wants to meet her. More

Chapter 1A
Chapter 1B
Chapter Two
Chapter 3A
Chapter 3B
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter 7A
Chapter 7B
Chapter Eight
Chapter 9A
Chapter 9B
Chapter 10
Chapter 11A
Chapter 11B
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter Six

173 11 0
By EvaPohler

Than left Charon and headed to Mexico to escort the souls of three teenagers who had died in an earthquake. He would be making several more trips there over the next few days as the frail human bodies gradually expired. He had disintegrated and dispatched himself to four other locations--Turkey, Japan, Iraq, and Egypt. It was a busy day, busier than usual, and because of the disintegration, he found it a little more difficult to keep his mind on his duties.

Therese had come back, had called out his name. He knew she wanted her parents, like so many of the survivors whose family members he carried away. Than had learned to block those futile prayers, "Spare my sister," "Bring my child back to me," "Let my husband be alive when we find him," and so forth. He had blocked them because there was nothing he could do about them. Therese's prayers were no different. He could not help her.

Yet, he couldn't forget the feel of her soulful arms around him, the sensations of her warm lips against his, and the scent of her sweet breath. No one—human or god—had ever touched him like that. His mother must have when he was a baby, but he had no memory of it. If Therese's spirit were capable of making him feel so much sensual pleasure, how much more pleasurable could she make him feel in the flesh?

Only now did he become aware of what he had been missing.

He disintegrated and dispatched another part of himself to the poppy field beside Hip's rooms. Than wanted to re-enter the dream world and talk some more to his brother, even on this busiest of days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 535 32
Thanatos The God of death, the God everyone loathes, and yet the one everyone longs for at the end, the God they cling too, seek comfort in, the God...
327 24 26
- A young poet suffering from PTSD and Depression thought she knew her place in life. Thatโ€™s before she gets acquainted with a boy who seems to be fo...
660K 39.7K 44
~ retelling of Hades and Persephone ~ EVERY TEN YEARS, THE GOD OF DEATH TAKES A BRIDE. In the Kingdom of Minoa, a sacrifice of a virgin girl is given...
14 0 14
A young girl discovers she has the power to destroy one of the Greatest Gods out there, Hades, who wishes to start a war. With the help of her friend...