Swapped Kunoichi (Completed 2...

By Nimo-Neko

Not too long after Naruto and Sakura enter the alternate universe, Tenten experiences the same thing, and end... More

Chapter One - "Something's Wrong Here..."
Chapter Two - "I had a sudden realization!"
Chapter Three - "I Don't Belong Here."
Chapter Four - "I'm not your Tenten!!"
Chapter Five - "Not Sure If Starting To Like You Or..."
Chapter Six - "Do I Love You? I Do Love You."
Chapter Seven - "I Want You."
Not An Update - HOLY SHIT
Chapter Nine - "It Wasn't Supposed To Be Like This..."
Chapter Ten - "You're drunk, and I'm Sober."
Chapter Eleven - "Time To Make A Move, Baka!!"
Chapter Twelve - "More Dead-Ends!?!"
Chapter Twelve -"Hey, We Need To Talk."
Chapter 14 - "Come Back Safely."
Chapter Fifteen - "Let's Do This!"
Chapter Sixteen - "I Will Defend You."
Chapter Seventeen - "Now Or Never!!"
"I'm Home..."
Epilogue - "Stay With Me, Neji."

Chapter Eight - "He's MY Neji!!!"

1.1K 59 25
By Nimo-Neko

Okay, so we're doing things a little bit different in this one. I decided to make POVS, because it was just easier and less confusing. If you see a character's name underlined while in a certain POV like "Tenten", they mean the character from the other universe. Sorry, it was the best I could do. I also wanted to say that I didn't expect this story to go on as long as it did. Don't expect the chapters to go on and on, because this is more or less a halfway point. Enjoy.

Tenten POV

I took a step back, and Neji grabbed my arm. I wanted to yank myself away from him, away from the image in front of me.

I wanted to cry, to scream; anything to get rid of the pain swelling in my chest. I didn't know what to think, and based on how quiet Neji was, neither did he.

I looked back over at them, over at the Neji I grew up with and my copy; my other self.

Neji was smart.

He knew at this point that it wasn't me. But if that was the case then why?

Why were they kissing?

Why was he embracing her?

I overheard him say, "Quit saying you're not the other Tenten. You both are the same, you hear? I love you and I won't hurt you. I never will. We'll get through this together, alright?"

The other me smiled and leaned up to kiss him once more. I opened my mouth to say something, but the Neji standing next to me opened his mouth first.

Neji AU POV

"So, you've abandoned her, then?" I caught them off guard; the shock made it evident. I was angrier than I needed to be, but seeing the girl next to me break down, I almost lost all my composure.

Tenten quickly moved herself from my other self's arms and said, "N-Neji? No, that's impossible."

The Tenten next to me gripped her shoulder, forcing herself to have a stone face. But it was all too clear that she was falling apart. The other Neji went from shocked to furious in seconds, and he stalked towards me with murderous intent.

I would've done the same had Tenten not stepped in front of me.

"Don't," she said, her voice breaking. The other Neji seemed to be confused. "Tenten, you've been with him long enough to know who he is. You shouldn't be defending him."

"And you've been with her long enough to know she isn't me," Tenten spat out, "What's your point, Neji?"

"My point is that he's dangerous. Get away from him."

~

Neji POV

"If that's the case, then get away from her."

I couldn't believe it.

She was defending him, even though she knew that he was truly a bastard; a man that needed to be put in place.

Yet there she stayed, seemingly content in defending him. "Tenten," I pressed, "has he told you what he's done to her exactly? Do you even know how cruel he is?"

"He's as cruel as you were when you were younger," she said, clearly angry, "But he's also confessed about more than one thing. It's true; I don't know what he's done. But I believe my vote counts when I say I can forgive him."

"You have no right to say that!!!" The Tenten beside me spoke up, clearly pissed. I looked at her in slight shock. "You don't know what he's done to me... How dare you say that?"

"How dare you kiss my Neji?!" Tenten demanded. "You know damn well he had another waiting!! You knew damn well that someone else was on the other side!! You can't just stand there and say what I say doesn't count!"

Tenten AU POV

I was taken aback.

But she was right.

She had as much a right to forgive him as I did kissing Neji.

I asked, "Why do you care if I kiss him anyways?"

She let her arms fall to her side. "Because I love him," she replied, "but it was clear that he didn't care. All those moves I made, all those times I asked to hang out with him; they were fruitless. I didn't know I had to fake like I was weak to gain his attention."

I looked up at Neji, who faltered. "Tenten... I really didn't know, honest. I thought you wanted to hang out just because, but the Elders were demanding... I'm sorry."

"Sorry. Now you're sorry. Well I'm sorry too. I'm sorry I had to see you lip lock with a lookalike."

"Don't make him feel guilty!! I'm sure you were having a wonderful time grinding up on Neji over there! Don't act like you're the victim!!"

I was done being quiet. I knew how Neji was, and I knew how she was. It would've been too easy for them to cover their sadness with... Other things.

I didn't trust either one of them.

~

Tenten POV

She was implying that I had sex with him.

She was so blunt with it that I couldn't keep from laughing. I held my stomach and gripped Neji for support.

He held be up and asked, "Are you alright?"

I coughed a little and said, "I'm fine, I'm fine! I've just never heard such bullshit in my life!!"

I stood up straight, feeling amused and angry, and said, "Do you really think I was hitting it up with Neji?! I'm not that low; I knew he wasn't my Neji! And when I love him, I love HIM, not someone from another universe!"

I struck a nerve, as she shrunk slightly. I calmed myself down and said, "I just.... I guess I was wrong in some way. This is weird. I've never been mad at myself before."

"Neither have I," the other me admitted. I smiled a bit, but it wasn't a truthful smile.

Neji stepped forward and said, "Emotions aside, and I mean ALL emotions," he glared at the other Neji, "We need to find a way to get them back to their own home, damn all consequences. And Tenten?"

He looked at the Tenten across and his face softened. "I'm sorry. I should've never put my hands on you. I should've never treated you like you were nothing. You were something you me. You are. But I was an idiot. And I guess I missed my chance."

Neji AU POV

I smiled slightly, but I didn't feel happy.

I felt like the worst living being on the planet. On both planets.

I hurt Tenten so much, and I didn't expect her to want to see me again. She didn't reply, and I looked at my counterpart.

"She's probably told you bad things about me. And, she's most likely right about them. But I haven't touched your Tenten at all. All I've done is look out for her and make sure that my cousin hasn't beaten her to death yet."

Before he could respond, Tenten said, "He's not lying... The only time we've touched was when he put ointment on my back, like how you do... I was saving my first kiss for you, but that was a stupid idea."

I rubbed her back as she started to tremble, but she straightened herself up as she said, "I'm still trying to come back home. But if you don't want me back, then just say so. After all, it looks like you've gotten comfortable with her."

My counterpart was silent, so I spoke up. "Do you want her back or not?"

He looked down at my Tenten before sighing and saying, "I have no right to say no."

Tenten broke into a quiet sob; her fists balling up.

Before I could try and comfort her, she took a step forward.

~

Tenten AU POV

"No," she said, looking broken, "You don't have to say that, Neji. If you want her to stay over there, then it's fine. But don't say you don't have a right. I know when I'm not wanted."

"Tenten, that isn't what I meant," Neji said, almost desperately, "It's just... I'm connected to both of you. How can I just choose one can not the other?"

"It's simple, really," Neji replied, "Choose the Tenten you grew up with."

"And leave the other with you? Not going to happen," the other replied.

"Neji, I can't believe you!!" the other me spat out, "That Tenten belongs over here with this Neji, not with you! I don't care if you don't like the way I am, it isn't about what we care about!!"

"Why can't it be though?" I asked, feeling enraged, "What if I don't want to return?"

She was taken aback, but I couldn't stop myself, "Yes, maybe Neji wants a second chance, but I don't care. I don't want him." He looked hurt, but I didn't care.

Neji said, "No, Tenten... Our emotions don't matter in this situation..."

I looked up at him and felt guilty.

He looked hurt as well.

"Then what do we do?" I blurted out, irritated, upset, and tired.

Neji POV

I sighed and said, "We keep looking for a way to get back. Until then... It's best if we don't intimately get close to each other."

"It's a bit late for that now isn't it?" Tenten asked, taking a step back. My counterpart grabbed her hand and said, "No, don't you dare run from this."

Tenten was about ready to fall apart.

She said, "I tried... I tried, and I failed... What's going to happen to us if we do make the switch?"

"Then we handle things as they are," I replied, my chest feeling heavy.

"And if we can't?"

I looked away and said, "I don't know... I'm sorry."

"Don't be," my counterpart said, "This may be all my fault. If I hadn't made fun of Tenten as much as I did, they wouldn't have been switched. I'm sorry, too all of you."

Tenten looked at him and said, "No one would've seen this coming. Don't blame yourself."

After a moment of silence, Tenten said, "I guess I'm in the wrong as well... I just... Neji, I just want to know that I really did care about you... I do care about you. I just... I don't want to get hurt. I can't talk about it right now. I'm sorry."

He said nothing. He just simply looked at me and said, "Just take care of her, damnit."

I nodded, saying, "You do the same." He nodded and watched as Tenten turned to go.

However, she groaned softly and started to collapse on the ground.

"Tenten!!" Both he and I rushed towards her, but I could feel something grab onto my consciousness and yank it away.

Before I knew it, nothing but darkness started to surround me...

~~

Cliffhangerrrrrrs.... I'm not doing this on purpose. XD Totally sorry but not at the same time.

Until Next Update

~ Nimo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 154 21
••• A brand-new school for a brand new group of friends- hybrids, humans, and even Watchers and Listeners, all living in peace... Or so they think. T...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
3.3K 80 11
Ooga booga Uh, Jonah works at Claire's and Adam at hot topic. Not much to say man,
83.2K 1.8K 13
Madden is no stranger to violence at work but when things start to get bad with her husband, the stress overwhelms her. New bruises showed up everyda...