Lopsided Halos

By night_flower3

Leila Mathews is a girl who's life is about as complicated as the United States Federal Tax Code (73,954 pag... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

19 1 0
By night_flower3

Beta Jake POV
The alphas loud and dominating growl echoed through the forest, making the five teens before him cower and bow their heads in submission and fear. I would have bowed my head as well, but I had to look like a strong second in command, not an obedient yet defiant teen.

"I see you have not followed my command to ignore and avoid the human that you have now befriended, and with that comes consequences. Before your punishment is delt, I want to hear your reasoning behind your disobedience." His voice rang through the forest, clear and stern.

The first teen to lift his head and answer was Charley. He was a bit of an airhead, but over all a hard worker and a good fighter, I along with the alpha was greatly shocked when this group had come forward for starting a friendship with the human.

"Alpha, we did not mean to disobey you, but I had not realized she was the human until after I had introduced myself. I was only trying to be welcoming and polite, but had quickly shunned her the moment I had realized she was the one we were told to avoid. She then out of nowhere dared me to an arm wrestle, believing she was stronger than I. I was afraid she would be suspicious if I continued to ignore her, so I went along with her foolish proposition and took her dare. She had said if I won, we could all continue to ignore her but if she won, she would be able to sit with me along with my friends at lunch. I hadn't expected her to win, Alpha. Her strength is beyond any humans capabilities."

I could tell his words had not helped with the alphas temper, probably imagining the male's hands on his mate's, even though Charley meant nothing by it.

Adam then went on to further back up Charley's story, " It's true Alpha, she has strength beyond what any human girl should. I couldn't beat her either, along with the other seniors. Her strength was remarkable and unbelievable."

The alpha digested his words, his anger still showing on his face.

The alpha nodded, then proceeded to ask the other three if this was true.

"Yes, Alpha." was their respectful reply.

"Very well. Even if you didn't mean to as you say you didn't, you still were disobedient, and your defiance will not go unpunished. You will all be doing an extra hour of training everyday for a week. You are dismissed."

As they left on a light punishment, Vanessa stayed behind, asking with hopeful eyes, "Alpha, would it be okay if we were to stay friends with the girl? She doesn't seem to pose any threat to the pack, and is a very nice girl in need of some company. Please Alpha?"

Anastasia chimed in too, adding "Yeah, can we Alpha? She's like soooo nice and funny and-"

"No." Was his curt reply.

The girls looked very disappointed, and they tried to hide the anger and sadness brewing inside of them.

They nodded, bowing in respect before walking away.

Before they girls could get too far, Tyler stopped them.

"Wait."

Tyler sighed, before reluctantly allowing them to be friends. "As long as you keep our pack secrets hidden and stay out of trouble, I will allow you to stay friends with the girl."

Anastasia squeeled, thanking him many times while Vanessa bowed her head, making sure to thank him before leaving.

I looked at him knowingly, smirking slightly.

He growled, "What?"

I laughed lightly. "Nothing, you just seem to be very trusting with this human, that's all. Even allowing her to have acquaintances within our pack."

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

He just didn't want her to be lonely.

I sighed, my alphas going soft.

"Alpha, I have done some research, and I found that the only other supernatural creatures out there strong enough to possibly beat a werewolf would be a vampire, but we would have sensed the vampire on our lands, and a werewolf cannot mate with a vampire."

Tyler nodded, "I had done some research myself. Jake, I really don't know what to do anymore. This girl, who is supposedly my mate, is now some strange supernatural creature that neither of us know about, and this same supernatural creature is also destined to be the Alpha female of this pack. Let alone the fact that she is my second chance mate. What if this girl is a witch of some sort? and she has cast a spell over me to believe that she is my mate. What if-"

"Alpha, with all due respect, I think we are over thinking this. If she is some supernatural creature, she either doesn't know, or is hiding it from us on purpose. Maybe she already knows about werewolves as well? I think we should just wait for her next move."

"No, I am not going to wait any longer. I am going to speak with her tomorrow, and she is going to tell me everything, whether she wants to or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leila's POV

I looked around, dread in the pit of my stomach as I arrived in the children's hospital. The smell of death was weak, but gradually got stronger as I passed more and more rooms. I let the smell guide me, trying my best to ignore the stench of bacterial wipes that burned my nose.

I eventually was led to a room with many family members standing outside, all teary eyed and clutching on to one another for emotional stability. Children, adults, elderly, all standing together outside the room that was beckoning me to come in.

I did, reluctantly so, and almost collapsed at what I saw.

A bald, young girl as pale as snow lying on the bed. Her eyes closed, her lips purple. Her mom and father holding her hand on either side of her bed, her younger sister laying by her feet, clinging on to her legs over the blankets, tears rolling down her cheeks. The dying girl couldn't be older than 13, her sister no older than maybe 5.

The only sound in the room were her parents cries and the slow but consistent beat of the heart monitor.

Anguish and sorrow slithered its way up from the pit of my stomach like a snake, crawling up my throat, rapping around my lungs and making them burn. I couldn't breath, I couldn't face myself with the situation at hand. I was the one who had to stop the beeping on the heart monitor. Ruin the lives of these parents, the young sister.

No one could see me, but I still felt as if they were looking at me, begging me not to end the life of their young daughter.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, I tried to hold in my cry as I neared the young girl, placing my hand over her barely beating heart.

I didn't know what sound would haunt me more.

The long drawn out beep of the heart monitor, or the strangled cry that came from her parents.

I quickly teleported myself to the woods, needing to let out my emotions.

I was angry, sad, and over all miserable.

I used my wings to fly into the crisp night air, breaking tree branches and lifting large boulders, only to throw them down at the undeserving ground. I felt so angry and frustrated with myself. I was a monster.

I screamed, shouted, and sobbed into the pitch black night until my voice was lost and the only sound coming from me were painful winces.

I flied back down to my big rock, turning back into my human form.

I sobbed uncontrollably, lying on the cold rock, my arms around my face as I lay on my stomach.

It was but mere minutes later when I felt something nudge my side, and I quickly lifted my head to see a monstrously large wolf next to me, towering over my small form on the rock. I screeched, quickly flinching back in fright, only seeming to make the wolf wine.

I could feel the pull, stronger now then ever. Oh my god, death was right.

I was in shock. I whispered out a raspy,"Tyler...?"

His familiar brown eyes widened, before coming forward and licking my tear stained cheek. I scrunched my nose, but didn't poke fun of his animal behavior.

The tears just kept coming, but I was too overwhelmed to do anything but cry.

I think I surprised both of us when I rapped my arms around its neck, sobbing into his dark brown fur.

We both had a shitload of explaining to do.

But can I tell him? I don't think I can. I had begged for years to let me tell my dad, but they refused, threatening me and saying that if I told they would have to kill both me and my father.

I'm not exactly sure how they would kill me, but I didn't question them. My tears started to soak his soft fur. I pulled away, using my sleeves to dry my tears.

"God, I'm a mess."

I felt a breeze coming from Tyler's side, followed by the sickening sound of bones cracking. I looked at him horrified, then realized something. He was stark naked!

I screeched, "Balls!" Covering my virgin eyes.

No. Tell me I did not just scream balls. Please tell me I didn't.

He chuckled, something I never thought I would hear. "You did. "

"Oh my lord, shoot me."

His deep voice broke the silence of the forest, "You can open your eyes now."

"No more balls?" I joked.

He laughed, "No more...balls."

I opened my eyes, looking down at him. He was in shorts, his tan and chiseled chest bare for my eyes to rape. Oh God, I am so sorry you have to listen to this.

"Take-"

"Say it. I dare you to say take a picture. I fucking dare you." His eyes turned dark, not liking my tone towards him.

He cleared his throat. "As you probably know, we have a lot to discuss."

I nodded.

"Well, like you saw, I think you have realized by now that I am a werewolf. But the real question is...what are you?" Fuck.

"What do you mean?" Sure, play dumb. That should work. Not.

"You know exactly what I mean. You are stronger than most of-" all of -"my pack, and you aren't a vampire. What are you?"

Think think think.

I sighed, feigning my conciliation. "I have a problem."

He nodded, encouraging me to go on.

"I've been using steroids."

I continued before he could say anything. "Now I know it's wrong, but I just can't help it! I feel so weak without them, you know?"

He growled, "Leila-"

"I know, I know! They could seriously damage my body, but -"

"LEILA!"

"WHAT? Oops, sorry. Roid rage." I laughed a little at my pun, but my smile immediately fell when I saw his serious expression.

"I know you aren't taking steroids. Now are you going to tell me what you are, or am I wasting my time?"

I sighed. "You're wasting your time."

I knew he would bring it up again later, but he seemed to have other things he wanted to press me on. "And you know about werewolves, right?"

I nodded. "Yes, and I know about the mating thing too. I know how awkward this must be for you, so I'm just going to make it quick. I, Leila Mathews, reject you-"

My rejection was cut short when Tyler practically tackled me, straddling my hips and covering my mouth with his hands. He looked like he was in pain, and I immediately felt guilty. I removed his hand from my mouth, sitting up and sliding out from under him.

"I'm sorry, I thought that was what you wanted."

His voice almost broke my heart when he replied, "I would never want that."

"Then why are you acting so...I don't know! Un-wanting? By the looks of it you don't seem to want me at all." I hid my sad emotion, not wanting him to see his effect on me.

He growled, getting angry.

Roid rage? Sorry, sorry. Too far.

"I...It's just--um--"

"Spit it out!"

He sighed. " I had a mate before you. I never actually met her, but when your mate dies you can feel it. It's like you can literally feel the bond to your other half break."

Wait a minute.

"When was this?"

"5 years ago." 

Oh my god. I could feel the pit of my stomach drop, tying itself in knots.

I died five years ago.

I need to talk to Death. 

---—--------------------------

Dun Dunn Dunnnnnnnnn

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed :) leave me a comment to let me know what you thought!!

And vote :)

Also, I have a habit of writing "Amelia" instead of Leila, so if you see Amelia please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 239 20
Leila isn't your typical she-wolf. She's abused at her pack something Horrid. The only thing she can think about doing is running away. So she does...
1.3M 45.4K 37
Alena Brown is half witch, half human but that doesn't mean she isn't as powerful as her mother. Alena just wants to finish school keeping to the sha...
121K 3.3K 39
| Book One | The Alpha pack come into the town of Beacon Hills and more than one Hale comes back with it. With their packs fighting can Isaac and Y...
3.2K 173 74
"Look it's the great conjunction." I tell Alexander pointing at the sky. "Where is it?" He asked trying to find the gaseous planets. I grab on to his...