Alone In A Sea of Boys

By musicXadict

Breanne Shayler is you average tough, bad ass chick. She get's in a lot of trouble when she is caught almost... More

Alone In A Sea of Boys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
New Characters
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
New Character
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilouge (final Chapter)

Chapter 21

5.1K 112 28
By musicXadict

Jacob’s P.O.V Friday November 11th

Me, Hayden, Rage, and Parker, and Kyle, watched as Bree left to go work on the project with Clayton. I could see the worry in everyone’s eyes, and I’m sure mine were the same.

“I really wish we didn’t let her do this.” I mumbled after awhile of silence.

“Same here.” Parker agreed.

I put my head in my hands, “What if something goes wrong? She’s already let her guard down around him.”

“What are you talking about?” I heard Rage ask. I didn’t say anything. Hayden could explain, he was knows what I was talking about.

“Last night when Bree came back, at 7 P.M, from working with Clayton she told us that he was nicer than all of us thought.” Hayden explained, discreetly rubbing my leg in a consoling manner.

“Fuck…” Rage muttered under his breath.

“We have to make sure that nothing happens.” Parker said seriously. I lifted my head up from my hands.

“How? How are we supposed to do that?” I asked a little more harshly that intended, but we were talking about my sister here and I wasn’t going to let anything happen to her.

“What if we put a bug on them or something?” Kyle asked hopefully. That was almost the first thing he said all day. Nobody even replied to him, it was really the dumbest thing any of us heard.

“We could follow them around?” Hayden suggested. I thought about that for awhile. Honestly it wasn’t that bad of an idea.

“We’d have to, you know, make ourselves look, well, unlike ourselves.” I grinned. This could really be fun.

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s be girls, and get a makeover!” Hayden grinned like a Cheshire cat. I smiled as well, but Parker, Kyle, and Rage looked anything but happy.

“Sometimes I think you two are gay.” Rage commented, shaking his head as he stood up from the bean bag chair. My eyes went wide. I discreetly looked at Hayden, he was looking at me. The look definitely meant something along the lines of ‘we better tell them’. I took a deep breath and nodded my head stiffly; Hayden’s hand wrapped around mine.

“Guys.” He said to get their attention; they were already walking ahead of us. They both turned around at the same time. Kyle’s eyes saw our hands first and he smiled.

“WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HANDS?!” Rage yelled in shock and surprise.

“Dude, don’t be so shocked.” Parker smiled. I gave him a confused look.

“Honestly, you two are not very sneaky.” He smiled and turned away walking into his bedroom.

“I thought we were sneaky.” Hayden pouted. I patted his shoulder consolingly, seeing as I was about four inches shorter than him.

“This is definitely going to take some getting used to.” Rage said quietly, shaking his head as he said it. Kyle just shrugged and followed him. I looked up at Hayden, he looked down at me. We both smiled and walked into the bedroom.

“So we need to decide what we are wearing, and quickly.” Parker stated as he threw clothes out of the dresser.

“I really need something to hide my hair.” Rage commented pulling at pieces of his bright green locks.

“And I’m going to have to cover all my tattoos…” I sighed sadly looking at all my wonderful tattoos.

“I gotta change these piercings. Maybe just put clear ones in.” Kyle said to himself, playing with his multiple lip piercings.

“Okay guys. Here’s the plan.” Parker announced, getting our attention. “Hayden will change his lip rings and put on this. (Make polyvore) It should make him slightly unrecognisable, or at least just help him blend.” Parker through the hat, t-shirt, and jeans at him.

“Jacob you are going to have to wear your contacts, and this.”He threw a tight fitted blue, long sleeve shirt. “Just wear the pants your wearing, they’re fine. Do you have your contacts with you?” I nodded my head. “Good.”

“What about me?” Rage whined childishly.

“You can wear Kyles beanie, this sweater, and these jeans.” (Make polyvore) Parker pulled Kyles beanie of his head and threw it at him along with the sweater and jeans.

“This is Bree’s sweater.” He said seriously as he looked at it. He looked as if had never been so insulted.

“Actually it’s mine. She took it from me while we were dating.” Parker clarified, sounding fairly annoyed. Rage opened his mouth to make some kind of comment, but Parker shot him a glare.

“As for you Kyle, you just going to throw together an outfit and wear sunglasses.” Parker finished giving us orders. We all changed into assigned outfit, I put my contacts in, and Hayden put his clear labrets in.

“Okay, one last mirror check.” Parker instructed walking over to the big mirror in the room. We all looked fairly not like ourselves, which was good.

“I need fake glasses.” Parker decided after a moment. He quickly grabbed a pair out of the dresser and then looked at us. “Let’s do this guys.”

We all walked casually to the elevator, and hit the down arrow. “Any plans?” I asked nobody in particular.

“Well we can’t all walk in at once.” Hayden pointed out.

“Good point. I say we all walk in around 2 minutes apart. Jacob you go first.” Kyle said looking me straight in the eye. I nodded my head.

Rage spoke up next, “I say we all just kind of hang out around the room, play pool maybe. We cannot make it look to obvious.”

“Good plan. Now everyone, go look natural.” Parker ordered. We all nodded and walked out of the elevator. I took one last look at the guys before walking shyly into the lounge room. I headed straight for the book shelf. I didn’t want to look really obvious and sit beside them just staring into space, so I decided a book was the best way to go. I grabbed “The Horrors: Book One”. I swiftly moved so I was near Bree and Clayton, but not close enough for them to be suspicious.

“Okay Clay, Tell me about your favourite memory. It can be anything you want it to be, just be descriptive.” Bree’s voice filled my ears. She sounded happy.

“I think my favourite memory would have to be when I was 14. Me and my friends went to our first concert.  We had such a good time, it was an Escape the Fate concert. We went by ourselves, so we didn’t have any damn parents to tell us what to do, or to kill our fun.” I could hear the smile in Clayton’s voice. It almost sickened me.

“At that time I was really into playing guitar, I still am but more then than now.” He continued.

“My brother’s really into guitar too.” Bree randomly added. Clayton didn’t say anything, so I assumed he just nodded his head or something.

“Anyway, at that concert Bryan Monte gave me his guitar. He even sighed it. I have it hung in my dorm. I keep that thing absolutely protected. If anyone even laid a finger on that guitar, I’d probably cut their balls off.”

Bree continued to write everything he said down. She was actually really taking this project seriously. Hayden and I sure weren’t. The questions were really random, and my answers were really pointless, but extremely funny.

I looked up from my book for a second, I could see Rage playing pool with someone, Hayden was “watching T.V” a few chairs away from me, and Parker was just sitting in a corner texting. Kyle was just walking in.

“Okay, Next question. Describe your time here at Dr. Reids.”

“Reids has been interesting so far. I’ve been in too many fights to count, but it’s actually been a good thing for me. I’ve made really great friends, a few enemies, and I have actually become a slightly better person.” I internally rolled my eyes. I truly doubt he has become a better person at all. He’s just saying that to get Bree to trust him.

“That is all good to hear. Okay, so the next question kind of gets a little personal. Have you ever been in love before?” I stopped halfway through flipping a page. That question wasn’t one of the ones she planned on asking.

“Actually I have. Her named Angle. She was the first person I let my guard down for. We met at the park one day. I was writing a song for my band, and this beautiful, blonde hair, blue eyed, girl walked up to me and sat down. We talked for hours. It was almost midnight before I left the park. We started going out and I fell head over heels. A year later, I found out that she was cheating on me. I was absolutely devastated when I found out. I let her in, and she broke me. Just like my mom had done to my dad.” Clayton took a shaky breath. Bree’s pen continued to scratch against the paper.

“She was the one and only girl I ever loved. I don’t ever plan on falling for a girl, or guy, again.”

“Don’t be hating on gays and bi.” Bree voiced my thoughts sounding fairly peeved.

“I wasn’t hating. I was just telling you.” He assured her. I snuck a peek at the two of them. Clay has his hand very near my sister leg. It took all I had not to stomp over at them and Slap his hand away.

“Good. Now, I think I’m almost done for the day, how about you?” She asked closing up her notebook.

“Yeah, I think we answered enough, plus it’s a Friday night, you probably have a date or something.” I couldn’t help but hear the sadness in Clayton’s voice. I couldn’t tell if it was from the fact Bree was about to not be near him, or if it was because he wanted to be on a date with her.

“Actually I don’t have a date tonight.” Bree stated, matter of factly. Where was she going with this?

“You maybe wanna go watch a movie or something? I hear Fast Fives in the campus theatre.” Clay suggested. There was a short silence, I flipped a page in my book.

“That sounds like a not bad idea. I guess it would be okay. What time does it start?” Bree agreed. I couldn’t believe my ears. I quickly put down my book and pulled out my phone.

Bree and Clayton are going to a movie on campus! WTH. Were going too. Follow when they leave. –Jacob

I sent the text to Rage, Hayden, Parker, and Kyle. I looked around and everyone made quick eye contact. We all nodded a little to show we knew what was happening.

“Well I guess we should go then, since the movie starts in like 20 minutes.” Bree said. Obviously I missed the time of the movies, but it soon.

“After you m’lady.” Clayton said bowing a little to let Bree walk infront of him. I inwardly rolled my eyes at his actions. What a fake. As Bree and Clayton walked away, her eyes briefly met with mine. There was a look of confusion on her face, and I hoped she would recognise me. She didn’t say anything as they walked out of the lounge. I sighed in relief.

“Okay so what’s the plan now?” Hayden asked as he walked up to me, along with all the other guys.

“We go to the movie and stay a safe distance away.”

“Agreed.” Everyone said at the same time. With that our small group walked out of the lounge and towards the theatre. We followed Bree and Clayton the whole way there, but we were about 30 feet behind them, so it would be suspicious. We were also dead quiet so they wouldn’t look back at all.

As we neared the theatre I saw Clayton lean down and whisper in Bree’s ear. My hands curled up into tight balls as Bree giggled at whatever he said. It made me want to go up there and punch Clayton right in the back of the head, but that wouldn’t work well with the plan.

“Let’s let them go into the theatre before us.” Parker whispered so only we would hear. I nodded my head. Bree and Clayton walked into the theatre and we waited outside for a few minutes, just to make sure. When we did finally walk in there was no sign of them, which I was beyond grateful for.

“Five tickets to Fast Five please.” I said to the ticket guy. He handed me the tickets and I handed him cash. Hayden was over getting snacks, and Rage was getting drinks.

“Knowing Bree, she will probably be sitting really close to the front, or in the middle. We take the back.” I whispered as we walked towards theatre 2.

“Sounds good.” Parker whispered back as he headed for the door leading to the black room. We walked in and just as I thought, Bree and Clayton were sitting middle-ish. We took the back row.

None of us said anything, we just sat there and ate and drank in silence, hoping to catch something of what they were saying, but we had no luck. They kept whispering to each other which only made me more and more made. I was almost going to yell when the movie started.

To my enjoyment, nothing happened while the movie went on. Clayton never pulled anything. They just sat there and watched, the occasional whisper or laugh. But when the movie ended, Bree did something I thought she would never do. She turned to him and kissed his cheek. My jaw hit the floor, as did the rest of the guys.

With that Bree and Clayton stood up as the lights turned on and headed for the door. We all turned away and started having a ‘whisper conversation’ which was only consisted of ‘that was great’ or ‘I want those cars’ in fake voices so we wouldn’t get caught.

Once they were finally out of the theatre I turned to the other guys.

“We need to do something about that.” I whispered angrily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 1.2K 28
Brenna was the new girl for over a year. No one looked at her and she had no friends from her school. She has Michae, who's the only one that knows...
27.6K 1.1K 33
On a boarding school crazy things can happen. Disputes are bound to happen with teenagers being together constantly. Add hate, love, competitions and...
22.9K 592 42
18 year old Keeley Hollingsworth's life is going seemingly ok, she just graduated high school and is at the top of her surfing game. She's even lined...
1.9K 45 17
Please read 'Alone in A Sea of Boys. Wonderful...' before you read this one! This is an Alternate Ending/Sequel) Breanne Shayler has gone through qui...