The Raven Never Dies

Oleh DarknessSurroundsME

Lebih Banyak

Author Note
Chapter Two: Marcus
Chapter Three: Flashback

The Raven Never Dies

527 24 31
Oleh DarknessSurroundsME

Sunday, 5:00pm

RAVEN: Detective Josiah Raine

DETECTIVE RAINE: Who is this? How did you get this number?

RAVEN: Shall I introduce myself? I am Raven. I thought that it would be polite to introduce myself. After all, I hear that you have been looking for me.

DETECTIVE RAINE: Looking for you? Who is this?

RAVEN: Now I’m hurt Detective L. I’ve been all over the news, these past few weeks, and you still don’t know who I am. Tsk, tsk, tsk. You’ve wounded me deeply.

DETECTIVE RAINE: I’m not for this nonsense today. Get to the point, I have murders to investigate.

RAVEN: That’s why I’m contacting you. The person you are looking for is me.

DETECTIVE RAINE: If this is a joke, it isn’t funny.

Raven: No joke detective. It is indeed I, who you are looking for. Keep looking forward, there’s much more fun to await you. This is just the beginning.

DETECTIVE RAINE: Who is this? TELL ME NOW!

RAVEN: HAHAHA, no need to yell detective. I’ve already told you who I am. I am Raven. I can’t wait to play with you some more.

DETECTIVE RAINE: I’m going to find out who you are., you better believe it. If you really are that sick SOB, I will hunt you down like the dog you are. I will not sleep until I have you behind bars.

RAVEN: LOL, we will see detective. We will see who shall win this game.

****************************************************

Monday, 8:30am

MARCUS: Raven, are you coming to school today?

RAVEN: Of course, you know damn well my parents aren’t going to let me stay home. I’m just running a little late today.

MARCUS: Well you better get your ass here man, we have a pop quiz this morning.

RAVEN: Hell! I’m still about ten minutes away. This is why I hate when I have to catch the bus.

MARCUS: Why are you catching the bus today? Don’t you usually get a ride from you mother.

RAVEN: Yeah, I woke up late this morning.

MARCUS: Had a late night did we?

RAVEN: HAHAHA, you know me man. When I find something I like, I just can’t stop until I get it.

MARCUS: That’s so you Raven, just don’t get caught.

RAVEN: I never will Marcus. I never will.

*****

Monday, 12:30pm

RAVEN: I’m ready to go home. I have planning to do.

MARCUS: Planning? I thought you had already caught and taken care of that thing you liked.

RAVEN: Not yet, didn’t get the chance. I wasn’t prepared last night. All I did was find out their information. I’m just shaking with anticipation dude. School needs to hurry up and end.

MARCUS: You know what happens when you get your fix to fast. You always end up wanting more, and you go out and do something stupid.

RAVEN: I know, I know. I’m going to try and make this one last a while. I just don’t know if I can. The thrill of the hunt is so…so….exciting.

MARCUS: Dude, seriously! I’m glad we’re friends. I don’t think I would want you as an enemy. Hell, I know I wouldn’t want you as an enemy.

RAVEN: HAHAHA, don’t worry, you’re safe. For now! Joking.

MARCUS: You suck Raven. I’m going to remember that. Don’t be surprised if I get you first.

RAVEN: That’s only if you can catch me first, some how I don’t see that happening.

MARCUS: Yeah, yeah, we’ll see. Class is starting I’m out.

RAVEN: I’ll text you tonight, let you know if I need any help.

MARCUS: Alright.

********

Monday, 9:30pm

RAVEN: I see you!

VICTIM ONE: Who is this?

RAVEN: I don’t think that’s important.

VICTIM ONE: Look, I don’t know how you got this number, but I’m pretty Sure you have the wrong number.

RAVEN: HMMM, maybe. Let’s see, is this Corey Wells. Captain of the basketball team, popular with the ladies, a big ass to all the guys?

COREY WELLS: WHO IS THIS?

RAVEN: I told you it isn’t important. I like your kitten pajamas by the way. Did you pick them out yourself?

COREY WELLS: Shut up! There not kittens, they’re wolves. How do you even know what I have on?

RAVEN: You don’t listen do you? I told you I can see you.

COREY WELLS: You’re lying! I don’t see anyone.

RAVEN: Don’t believe me? Right now you’re walking back and forth in your room.

RAVEN: Now you just stopped. You’re scratching your head, looking out the window.

COREY WELLS: Stop playing around. Where are you? I don’t like being messed with.

RAVEN: HAHAHA, now you’re sitting on the bed. You know, I think you should tell your mother to stop picking out things for you. Aren’t you a little too old for clowns?

COREY WELLS: I don’t know who this is, but stop it now or I’ll call the police.

RAVEN: If you do that you will only make me angry. You can check the closet all you like, I’m not in there. Stop trying to figure out where I am. You’re never going to find me.

COREY WELLS: I’m not looking in the closet. Did my sister put you up to this?

RAVEN: Now, now, let’s not lie. I saw you open the closet and stick you’re head in. Just like how you’re looking under your bed now. To answer your question though, no you’re sister did not put me up to this. Last time I looked, she was still in bed sleeping.

COREY WELLS: You bet not touch my sister, you freak.

RAVEN: Don’t worry, I’m not interested in your sister. No, you have my undivided attention. My sights are only on you. Consider yourself lucky.

COREY WELLS: You really are some weird freak, aren’t you?

RAVEN: Didn’t your mother ever tell you, not to call other people names. Stop frowning, the game is only beginning. This is just a courtesy, my way of letting you know that I’ve chosen you to be my next playmate. For some reason all my playmates seem to stop playing before I’m ready to quit. I hope you’ll be more fun.

COREY WELLS: Weirdo! That’s what you are. Don’t text me again!

RAVEN: Call me what you will, just know that once I’ve taken a liking to someone, I can’t help but want to play with them, until they can’t play anymore. Sleep well Corey Wells, and make sure you lock that window of yours. I would hate for something to happen to you before I get to play with you.

*****

Monday, 11:30pm

RAVEN: Marcus, you still up?

MARCUS: Of course! I just got in the house, was out hunting.

RAVEN: Find anything interesting?

MARCUS: Yeah, but it got away. So, what’s up?

RAVEN: Too bad! At this rate you’ll never catch up to me. *wicked grin*

MARCUS: We’ll see. So did you text me to gloat or what?

RAVEN: No, I called you to tell you that I’ve started the game. If you want in, you better hurry up and find your prey.

MARCUS: You know I’m in. I’m going hunting tomorrow night, maybe I’ll find something then.

RAVEN: The round has started. Let the game begin. I’ll definitely win this round, like always.

MARCUS: Last time I checked, the score was 4-3. I’m only down by 1, I’ll beat you this round for sure, just watch me.

RAVEN: You’re all talk Marcus. Show me what you got. Damn, got to go man. See you in school.

MARCUS: Alright dude.

*************************************************

Tuesday, 8:15am

RAVEN: Have you seen Corey today yet?

MARCUS: Don’t tell me that’s who you’re after.

RAVEN: Answer my question.

MARCUS: Yeah, I saw him. He looks a mess, what did you do to him?

RAVEN: I didn’t do anything to him yet. I just let him know that I’ve chosen him to play with.

MARCUS: LOL, he likes to bully others, I’m surprised he’s letting you get to him.

RAVEN: What can I say man, I just have a way of getting under a person’s skin.

MARCUS: Yeah, literally. LOL

RAVEN: HAHAHA, true. I think he’ll be fun to play with. This time I’m going all out. So you better be prepared to lose this round.

MARCUS: Like I told you the other day, we will see who wins and who loses. You need to get here, it’s so funny. Some girl just touched the back of Corey’s neck. He nearly jumped out of his skin. It’s only the first day, I can’t wait to see what he’ll do tomorrow. I don’t think he’s going to make it to the third day.

RAVEN: I think you underestimate him. Just watch, he won’t crack just yet.

MARCUS: Alright you’re on, if he doesn’t make it to the third day, this round goes to me.

RAVEN: No fair dude, you haven’t even found anyone yet.

MARCUS: Where’s that confidence now?

RAVEN: Whatever you’ll see.

****

Tuesday, 8:00pm

RAVEN: Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to have your eyes plucked out while you’re still alive?

COREY WELLS: I thought I told you to stop sending me text messages.

RAVEN: I have. I wonder if the person would pass out before you were even finished with one eye. HMMMM, makes me want to try it. What do you think?

COREY WELLS: This isn’t funny. I don’t know who you are, but you better stop, or else.

RAVEN: Or else, what? I’m just trying to have a nice conversation here. Just asking a simple question. I would like my question answered. So if you would?

COREY WELLS: I don’t have to answer, if I don’t want to. In fact I’m not talking to you anymore.

RAVEN: That’s fine, I’ll just talk for the both of us.

RAVEN: I see you’re still wearing your kitten pajamas. Isn’t it a little to early to be in bed. You’re not afraid to go out at night, are you?

RAVEN: Stop looking out the window, you’re not going to be able to find me. I was thinking that I would start by plucking your eyes out. I’ve never done it before, it might be fun.

RAVEN: Maybe I’ll even carve my name on you, no, on second thought I don’t think it would be too smart to do that.

RAVEN: Just because you leave your room, doesn’t mean I won’t be able to see you. So run down the steps, into the living room, all you like. You’ll never be able to escape me. Why don’t people understand that?

COREY WELLS: Just stop.

RAVEN: No, I’m having too much fun. So tell me something Corey, did you have fun in school today? I heard that you were afraid of a little girl. I thought you weren’t afraid of anything. It wasn’t because of little ol’ me, was it?

COREY WELLS: I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not afraid of nothing. Especially not some freak that won’t even show their face.

RAVEN: When you finally see my face, it’ll be the last thing you will ever see. So try not to be in any rush to see it. Random thought: so what do you think about having your tongue cut out and your lips sewn up? If I do that then I could leave a note that says, “Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil,”. HAHAHA, what do you think of that? Really cool, right?

COREY WELLS: Shut it freak, stop or I’m calling the cops.

RAVEN: *sad face* I don’t want to stop, I’m having way to much fun. I’m just trying to get you’re opinion on a couple of things. I’m open to suggestions.

COREY WELLS: Then leave me alone and find someone else to harass.

RAVEN: Sorry, I can’t do that. Any suggestions on how you want to die, I’m willing to hear any of that. Otherwise I’ll have to think of something myself. I have a really active imagination. You just never know what I might dream up. Word to the wise, don’t try to hide from me. I’ll always no where you are.

COREY WELLS: Don’t be surprised if I’m waiting for you with gun. I won’t go down easy.

RAVEN: Oh really? Guns are so impersonal. I prefer to be up close and personal. I want to feel the blood drench my skin. I want to smell that intoxicating scent, I think I was right to choose you. This will be fun. You’re going to lose, but it will be fun to see you trying.

COREY WELLS: Just stop, please, just stop.

RAVEN: I don’t want to, but I will stop for tonight though. See you tomorrow, COREY WELLS.

****

Tuesday, 11:30pm

MARCUS: I’ve found them! The game is really starting now.

RAVEN: HAHAHA, ok, ok. I’m still going to win, but good luck.

MARCUS: I do not need luck Raven. I got this! How’s things going with your playmate.

RAVEN: Going good. He really is a pathetic little man, you know? He actually thinks he can hide from me. Crazy right?

MARCUS: Insane! When will they learn that will never be able to escape us. Once our sights are set on them, it’s all over.

RAVEN: I tell them that constantly, they just don’t seem to understand.

MARCUS: Don’t worry, soon everyone will know that little fact.

RAVEN: Right as always, my friend. Right as always.

*******************************************************

Wednesday, 12:00pm

MARCUS: I just heard, Corey brought a knife. Does he really think he’ll get a chance to use it?

RAVEN: HMMMM, he’s pretty stupid so he might think he will.

MARCUS: Yeah, he is. I still can’t believe he came to school today. The others never do.

RAVEN: I think I forgot to mention, that he’ll die on the third day. OOPS!

MARCUS: UMMM, Don’t you think that’s kind of important to mention.

RAVEN: I was distracted. I have a test in Biology on Friday. You know I can’t fail. My toys will be taken away.

MARCUS: HAHAHA, yeah I forgot, you’re parents are obsessed with good grades. Though, I somehow doubt it’s possible for you to fail biology.

RAVEN: What’s that suppose to mean?

MARCUS: I’m just saying. So, have you decided how you’re going to do this?

RAVEN: Yeah, I’ve thought of something really good.

MARCUS: Can’t wait to see.

****

Wednesday, 11:00pm

RAVEN: Oh where, oh where, has my little playmate gone, oh where, oh where, could he be. HAHAHA, Coooorrrrreeeeyyyy!

COREY WELLS: Stop you lunatic, I’m telling you this now, I have a weapon with me and I’m not afraid to use it.

RAVEN: If you’re talking about that knife you have under your pillow, you have to take it out of it sheath before you can use it.

COREY WELLS: What are you talking about it, it’s in my hand?

RAVEN: Now, now; don’t lie to me Corey. I can see everything you’re doing. Hiding under the covers, won’t make me go away.

COREY WELLS: I’m not hiding. I’m not afraid of you.

RAVEN: Sure you’re not. It’s just really cold in your room, that’s why you’re shaking, right?

COREY WELLS: Stop this! I’ve already told my father about the text messages. He’s judge, if anything happens to me, they’re going to find you and lock you away forever.

RAVEN: I chose you because your father was a judge. You can’t threaten me. Once I’ve found someone to play with, I won’t be stopped until I lose interest.

COREY WELLS: I hope you’re prepared to die then.

RAVEN: What a coincidence, I was about to say the same thing. I forgot to mention something on Monday. I meant to tell you that you were going to die on the third day that I text you. Sorry.

COREY WELLS: What the HELL are you talking about?

RAVEN: Well, you’re going to die tonight. I’ve decided that I was going to try something different with you. I think I’m going to dissect you. I could use some practice for my test. My knives are sterile, so don’t worry. HMM, I think that last statement was pointless, does it really matter if my knives are sterile, if you’re going to die anyway? What do you think?

COREY WELLS: You’re lying. How do you expect to get in the house, in my room?

RAVEN: First, I’m going to cut you from your neck to your belly button. Try not to pass out on me, ok? I want to see your face as I remove your organs and place them on that comforter of yours. I can just see it now, this is going to be so much fun. I’m shaking with anticipation.

COREY WELLS: What makes you think I won’t scream?

RAVEN: Scream as much as you like, I’m going to cut out your voice box, before I do anything. Besides, I’ve already taken care of your parents.

RAVEN: Don’t get up in a huff like that, I didn’t kill them. I just made sure that they wouldn’t interrupt our fun.

COREY WELLS: You’re crazy.

RAVEN: Aren’t we all. Aren’t we all. Now, stop shaking your head, and turn around. I think it’s time that we begin. I have to get up early tomorrow.

COREY WELLS: What are you talking aboooooooo

RAVEN: The fun never seems to last. Does it? I wish you could see how beautiful the Raven’s Feather looks, when it’s dripping with blood. It’s so, deliciously wonderful.

*****

Thursday, 9:00am

RAVEN: Detective Raine, did you get the present I left you last night?

DETECTIVE RAINE: What are you talking about? Who is this?

RAVEN: Did you forget me already?

DETECTIVE RAINE: Are you that freak that is responsible for last nights murder?

RAVEN: Well that depends, was there a feather next to the cell phone. You know, you have to be more specific, I’m not the only one that goes around killing people.

DETECTIVE RAINE: You really are some sick SOB, aren’t you? His little sister was the one who found him this morning. She’ll have  nightmares forever, thanks to you.

RAVEN: That isn’t my fault detective. His parents should have been the ones to get him up. Isn’t that the mother’s job to wake their child up for school.

DETECTIVE RAINE: You’re really something. I can’t wait to bring you in. I hope they torture you in prison.

RAVEN: That’s not very nice. I don’t think a police officer is suppose to say things like that. Nice talking to you detective, I have to take my leave. Don’t worry though, I’ll be in touch soon.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.8M 97.1K 74
Swallow is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. When Mildr...