Secrets Within the Flame

由 BrightLightz__

"Never be afraid of the flame, overwhelm it." Rachel never got what her grandma was telling her, and... 更多

Prologue
Chapter One: Bad Dreams
Chapter Two: Musical Detentions
Chapter Three: Trust Me, Don't Go Into the Wood Alone
Chapter Five: When You See a Huge Dog, Run for your Life
Chapter Six: Seriously! Did I Just get Embarassed by a Skeleton
Chapter Seven: Your Usual Nightmare Right on Schedule
Chapter Eight: Not The Only Thing Stolened
Chapter Nine: Iriana Scott and Stone Blake
Chapter Ten: Who were they?
Chapter Eleven: Wind And Fire
Chapter Twelve: Hidden in the Big City
Chapter Thirteen: Motorcycle Ride: Fun; Falling to your Death: Not so Fun
Chapter Fourteen: Debeo Diligo
Authors Note
Sorry another author's note
Prepare for an update!!!
Good News!

Chapter Four: Rule #1: Freak Out When Handed a Magic Flower

353 26 17
由 BrightLightz__

*Sad right now because my friend decided to delete her book because no one was reading it*sigh* Well here is chapter 4 hope u like. Plz still follow @ColorfulWriter10 and @Brokenhearted_xX *

~Andy~

I cursed under my breath when instead of hearing Rachel's voice I heard her voicemail. I shoved my phone in my pocket. That was the tenth time I called her but she haven't answered.

"Rachel!" I called out,"Where are you?" Again there wasn't an answer. I exhaled. Why did she wonder off in the woods anyway. I know that she knows these woods like it's the back of her hand, I do too, but still it was late and dark out. And she would of answered me back by now.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I started to smell smoke fill the night air. I looked up. Hovering over the trees were smoke coming from a fire in the distance.

Then a shrill scream filled the air. Rachel! I ran through the trees hurrying toward the fire.

"Rachel!"I yelled out. I stopped in a clearing and saw a cave entrance ahead with smoke coming out it. I never seen this cave here before. Where'd this cave come from? Pushing that out of my mind I ran through the entrance covering my nose and mouth. I ran until the cave led another clearing near a waterfall. Everywhere was bushes and trees on fire. I walked around coughing. It was hard to see through the smoke. I squinted my eyes and examined the place.

"Rachel,"I called out again.

I looked near the pond then my eyes stop on something,making my heart drop.

Laying on the ground unconscious was Rachel by the water. Blood was all over her and around her.

I sprinted toward her trying to dodge the falling trees. I bent down and held her in my arms. What happened? How did she even get here?

I felt her pulse. It was faint but still beating. Then I saw a particular part in her clothes that was soaked with blood.

I pulled back her white shirt a little so I could see her stomach. Her stomach was covered with blood, then it was a deep size cut on the side of her stomach. Who would even do this to Rachel? Rachel flinched then looked up at me slowly.

"Andy,"she cried weakly.

I smiled,"Yes it's me."

"Where is she?"

Who? I can't ask now. I have to get her out of this place.

"We have to get out of here."

She nodded. Before I picked her up I noticed something beside her. I picked it up, realizing it was a ring.

"Andy?" I shoved it in my pocket to examine later then I picked her up in my arms and turned toward looking for the cave entrance. The smoke was getting thicker, making it hard to breath. I looked around  frantically looking for where the cave entrance was. When I spotted it, I sprinted toward it.

It was just red flames everywhere making it hard to see. Everything was burning down and nothing could be saved. Trees started to fall around me and I sprinted faster. I made it through the entrance but the fire from one of the trees scorched my arm. It blocked the entrance and the smoke. I exhaled and kept running back out to the clearing. I kept running until I could no longer see the smoke in the sky. I heard police sirens in the distance as I neared the road. I breathed out in relief. I glanced down at Rachel. Her breathing was really faint and her face was pale. She stirred.

"Rachel."

"Hmm."Her eyes were staring into mine exhausted and scared.

"What happened, back there?" I asked her.

"I don't know,"she answered,her face flushed."I don't remember."

I stood at the edge of the trees and on the street from where I started. We were surrounded by police cars and ambulances.

Everyone from the party was down from the house now, behind yellow 'Do not pass' police lines. Two paramedics hurried toward us with a stretcher. "What are her injuries?"One of them asked as I sat her laid her down.

"A knife wound on her stomach."I told them and started moving along the stretcher.

"Andy!"I turned my attention to my right and saw Danielle, Kent and Roxie running toward us.

"How did you three-"

"My mom started to get worried because Rachel hasn't come home yet. Then your dad called and told us you weren't home either. So we went out to search for you two when we saw the fire coming from the woods. " Danielle explained, looking at her sister with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" Kent asked, his arm wrapped around Danielle.

"I don't know."I replied as they walked beside the stretcher with me."I went looking for her when I found her in the woods in the middle of the fire."

"How did the fire even start?" Roxie asked playing with her black hair with there green highlights. Her eyes were feel with worry.

I sighed, "I really don't know." I looked at Rachel. She looked zoned out. Then she started mumbling something.

"Lotus...fire...someone tried to...kill me..."

"Someone tried to kill you?"Kent asked, his eyes opening wide.

She didn't answer. She just looked up dazed, breathing heavily. The paramedics pulled up to the ambulance and started to lift the walker into the ambulance. "Get something to stop this bleeding!"The first paramedic yelled, the other moving at the command. They started to close the doors, closing me out when Rachel reached out her hand and pulled my leather jacket.

"No, please stay with me."She pleaded weakly. I looked at our friends for a second then got in when they nodded. The ambulance pulled away and the paramedics started to do something about her wounds. One pressed a white cloth to her wound and she winced. She started to thrash her legs around as the paramedic held the cloth harder into her wound, the cloth staining with blood.

I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze to calm her down."Andy,"Rachel whispered.

"It's ok Rachel. Everything's going to be alright. Were on our way to a hospital."

"Andy I can't-" Her breath was even more faint.

I put my other hand on top of hers."Hang in there Rachel. Stay strong."

"I-I can'-"She let out one quick breath out and let her head fall back. Her eyes closed shut and her hand felt limp in my hand.

The ambulance siren grew louder, the paramedics moved quicker while I just stared at Rachel, my eyes opened wide. The other paramedics went to move around frantically, looking for something to help."Step on it! We need to get to the hospital now!"

* * * *

~Rachel~

I had the most weirdest dream. Or was it a dream? I looked around. I was at a beach, sitting on the sand. How did I get here. Where was Andy? Where was Danielle,Roxie and Kent? Where was my mom? Or anyone.

"Hello,"I called out. A soft breeze went through. Where is everyone? And what happened to the woods? I was so confused and alone. Then I saw someone coming toward me. It was a young woman with flowing black hair. She was wearing a snowy white dress. She looked so elegant and graceful. She smiled as she stopped beside me.

"Hello Rachel."

"H-hello. Am I-I dead,"I asked.

She laughed,"No. Your very much alive."

"Then where am I? This isn't the beach in Ravenhaven? How did I get here? Who are you? Wha-"

"Woah there,"she let out a giggle," Let's slow down on the questions."

"Oh I'm sorry."

She smiled,"My name is Crystal and how did you get here? Well that started with this didn't it." She held her hand out and showed me a flower. The red lotus flower!

"Don't move your hand away Rachel." She held the flower out to me and placed it in my hand. When she moved her hand the red lotus was now a beautiful necklace.

It was an amulet with a rich red ruby. It was wrapped in gold with beautiful designs sketch in it. "I can't talk long or tell you much Rachel, but this is yours." She pointed to the necklace in my hand.

How is this mine? I don't want nothing to do with this flower, erm necklace. Oh whatever it was!

"You must be so confused right now. I know I was too when I known someone with the Red Lotus of Energy. This is the thing that will effect your future young witch."

Witch? Future... what?

"I don't get what your telling me," I said confused.

She sighed,"I can't repeat it but I can only tell you this. This is the lotus that started the ancient war of the witches. Don't let the necklace control who you are and never take it off."

I looked at her still confused."I don't get how this lotu-erm necklace has anything to do with me."

She shook her head,"You claimed it, now it's your responsibility." She looked around as if someone was listening.

"I have to go now,"she started walking toward the water this time.

"Wait no! I don't know what to do with this necklace? And why did you call me a young witch?"I called after her.

She turned and faced me,"Sometimes you learn by yourself, Rachel. You have to find the answer inside you."she smiled then she was gone.

Witch? Necklaces? Red lotus of energy? I was so confused right now and all I knew was that the necklace in my  hand effected my future.

* * * *

~Kent~

I put my hands through my dark brown hair as I got out of my chair and walked toward Andy, who was leaning on the wall, his eyes trained on something held between his fingers. We were all at the hospital waiting for the doctor to tell us the news about Rachel. It's been a good two hours and still nothing.

"Are you ok man,"I asked Andy.

His eyes snapped up to mine, the look in then troubling me. It was a mixture of worry, curiosity and something else. Something I couldn't quite decipher."Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me, you should be comforting Danielle. It looks like she's barely holding on over there. "

I looked over at Danielle, my heart seemed to sink once I did. Her head was in her hands as she silently sobbed, her brunettes curls all over her head. Her legs were shaking repeatedly, body nearly curled in a ball into the chair.

I looked back at Andy and nodded."Your right." I patted his shoulder."But still, I know this took a toll on you as well, especially because of how you feel about her." The look in his eyes wavered for a moment but he didn't say anything.

I turned around and walked over to Danielle, sitting in the empty seat beside her, wrapping an arm around her. She looked up at me with tears falling down her cheeks, her eyes red and puffy. I pulled her into a hug, her sobbing starting up again and her tears falling on my shirt.

"Mr. and Mrs. Parker." We both looked up and saw Dr. Steven walking back to Rachel and Danielle's parent, a clipboard held tightly in his hand.

"Is she alright Doc?"Mr. Parker asked, his wife clinging to his arm. The Doctor face stayed serious, trying to show no emotion. Yet in his eyes, you could see that he was worried. His eyes dazed and seem to be somewhere else. He opened his mouth to speak but sighed. The Parker's looked at each other with a worried look, a tear escaped Mrs. Parker eyes and Mr. Parker hugged her tight. I looked at Andy. He was staring at the doctor, his expression as blank as his.

I hung my head low, knowing that the doctor didn't have to say anything. From now and on I knew that everything was going to change.

* I left ya hanging there but that's the point=p HA but I really hope you liked this chapter.

Also thank you to @Riker_is_my_love for the comment. I thought no one cared bout my book and I was about to delete it but u gave me hope.

Well thx yall for reading this. Not updating it unless I have 35 votes for this chapter. Please follow my twin sister @Brokenhearted_xX  and read her story because she dont have a lot of read and votes so she might delete it. She would appreciate it so much.

Love ya guys!!!=D***

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

29 6 5
**My debut novel is available for pre-order with all major online retailers from 11/03/2019** This is just the first five chapters, which are also a...
1K 328 12
Monsters Are Created By Other Monsters. Sou & Isabelle, A set of eccentric and unhinged twins with erratic elemental powers has to set aside their di...
88.4K 185 3
The human race stands on the brink of extinction; the result of a plague the likes of which the world has never seen. When salvation comes, it isn't...
1K 102 20
No one knows the true story about what happened 10,000 years ago when Red was locked into the moon and honestly no one cared they thought she was bad...