The Girl in the Glade // Twin...

teenwolfgirl90 द्वारा

[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] Clara is a simple girl trying to survive. Her new life finds her among roughly 50 b... अधिक

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
Author's Note
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

eleven

2.1K 44 23
teenwolfgirl90 द्वारा

A/N: Hey everyone! I am happy to finally post this one. This is a long one. You will see Thomas in this one along with some happy and playful gladers so enjoy ;)

The next morning was calm and breezy as Minho, Newt and I waited for the door to open. Newt had helped strap my harness on while I focused on trying to wake up while we walked to the door.

"Are you sure you'll be able to wake up while you run love? You need to be observant while you're out there." Newt mumbled worriedly to me when we stopped in front of the door.

I smiled up at him lightly and nodded, not able to contain my yawn.

He arched an eyebrow and smirked before pulling me in for a hug. "Just be careful."

"I will. Don't worry about me so much, I'll be fine. This monkey won't let anything happen." I gestured towards Minho who rolled his eyes at my new nickname for him.

"Wrap up your goodbye pokey the doors'll open soon." Minho muttered in reply, returning his attention to the door.

Newt grinned and kissed my cheek lightly as the door started to open, before releasing me so I could do my job and run the maze.

We fell into a daily routine of Newt getting me up, going to the kitchen and harassing Fry Pan with me, waiting for the doors to open with Minho and I before we ran the maze, me pulling some kind of prank throughout the day on Minho and vice versa, eating dinner with Newt, Alby, Minho, Chuck, Winston, Zart, Gally, and Fry Pan, always sitting in between Newt and Minho across from Chuck, practicing defense techniques with Gally or playing with my machete with Newt, then sleeping...with Newt more often than not.

We never did anything but I usually slept in his hammock with him. We both decided that I would run the maze better if I was sleeping through the night and the only way that happened was in Newt's arms. After I woke up screaming from a dream several nights in a row, every time Newt would wake me and calm me down, Newt suggested I slept with him to see if that helped with the nightmares. I haven't had one since.

And every day when Minho and I returned Newt would be there to welcome us and join us in the map room. It's what I looked forward to every second I was in the maze.

Before I knew it I had been there a month and there was a new greenie there. It was impossible for Minho and I to know anything about the greenie until we got back to the glade after the day in the maze but when we made it Newt was there to greet us and take us to the map room so I had actually forgotten about the greenie.

"Newt, how's the greenie?" Minho asked him as we jogged to the map room.

He shrugged then nodded to where the boy stood with Chuck. "His name's Thomas."

I stopped dead in my tracks when my eyes met his. I knew this kid. Knew him, knew him.

Clara?

I gasped when I heard his voice in my head. It was him, Thomas was the voice in my head. I knew it. Newt turned to look at me, his head tilted. "Clara? What's wrong love?" He glanced up at Thomas then back to me. "Do you know him?"

I nodded, maintaining eye contact with Thomas. "He's the one that's been talking to me." I whispered, finally looking at Newt.

His face paled as he turned towards Thomas.

About a week after the last time Thomas spoke to me in my head I finally broke down and told Newt about it. Thankfully he didn't think I was crazy nor was he mad at me for not telling him sooner. That was the same time I told Newt about my dream with Thomas in it along with the rat looking man, Jansen.

Chuck was standing by Thomas and after spotting us the young boy had a wide smile and was now rushing over to us, Thomas in tow.

"Clara! You're back!" He wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug and I patted his back lightly, still shocked at seeing Thomas.

"Hey, Chuckie. Taking care of the greenie here?"

He smiled up at me and nodded enthusiastically. Thomas stood behind him, paler than a ghost and just as quiet.

"Clara, come on we have to go map it out." Minho tugged my elbow and separated me from Chuck. I followed him into the map room trying to shake off the look on Thomas' face. Newt followed too, just as I did.

"Are you sure it's him?" Newt finally asked me.

Minho looked up between us. "What's going on?"

"We know the greenie. Or knew him at least." Newt replied for me.

"He did the talking thing." I told Newt, a frightened look crossing his face.

"What talking thing?" Minho asked, clearly agitated that he was missing something.

"He can talk to her telepathically." Newt replied again, watching me carefully.

"What? That's insane!" Minho replied, a wide smile on his face. He shook his head and muttered something about a stupid shuck while he started mapping out what we had ran. I followed his lead momentarily forgetting about Thomas.

"You guys made it all the way out there today?" Newt asked, peeking his head over my shoulder.

Minho nodded silently as we both remained focused on our task at hand. When we finished, just as we did every night, we made our way to the kitchen together. For some reason I always walked beside Minho with my hand in Newt's. Every night it was the same thing. Minho had made a joke two weeks ago that it was because he's the keeper of the runners so he's technically my keeper now and that's why I feel compelled to always be near him. Newt disagreed and said it was his charming personality. They had one hell of a fight that night and it was hysterical to watch. They fought like brothers and I guess in many ways they are. Just like I had become quite close to several people here. Fry Pan, Zart, Winston, Gally, Alby, Minho, Chuck, Jeff and Clint from the medihut, Dan and Jake the other runners, they were all like my brothers and I loved them all like my own family. The only family I knew.

And then there was Newt. As cliché as it sounds I couldn't put into words what I feel for him. He's my sun, the stars I no longer see, my air. Everything. He's the one who literally keeps the nightmares away and keeps me happy. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I know I've felt this way about him before, I can feel it. I was shaken from my thoughts as we crossed the threshold into the kitchen.

"She bean!"

"Hey, Fry!" I high fived him as I took my food and followed Newt out to our usual table. Only tonight Thomas sat by Chuck. We had three tables pushed together so we could all eat by one another so there was plenty of room but it was still a bit unsettling to sit across from the guy who had spoken in my head several times before he even got here.

I felt a leg kick me and my eyes met Chuck's. He had a wide smile on his face as he pointed at Thomas. "It was him."

Thomas looked up bewildered and I felt my grin grow as I looked at Chuck. "Oh yeah? That's why you were just stretching towards me right?"

His cheeks turned red as he giggled at me.

Newt and Minho started bumping me with their elbows as they ate, as they did every night, but I just ignored them and shoveled my food in my mouth not realizing how hungry I was before then. Until finally, Minho bumped me too hard and caused some food to fall off my fork.

"Dammit monkey!" I yelled out, shoving him back.

He giggled quietly ignoring the looks everyone else gave him.

"Clara, how was the run today?"

I shrugged and smiled lightly at Alby. "This stupid shank didn't get us lost so that's always good."

Newt's head snapped up to look at Minho which caused me to laugh quietly. Minho elbowed me lightly and I returned it.

Alby shook his head. "Anything new though?"

Several pairs of eyes turned to us, including Thomas, and I looked at Minho, not wanting to talk about the maze. "It changed again." He replied, a solemn expression on his face. He shrugged, looking at me. "We had to double back and go a completely different way. It's actually getting kind of dangerous for us to be running that far out now. Especially since we don't know why they're doing it." He shook his head and took another bite of food, leaning towards me. I bumped him quickly before he had the chance to get me causing him to grin.

"Who's they?" Thomas asked Minho.

I glanced up at him and met his gaze but quickly looked back down at my food. Newt and Minho both shifted closer to me feeling my discomfort.

"The creators, the ones who put us here." Alby replied instead. "Minho, if you don't think you guys should be running out that far...or out there at all..." Alby's eyes lingered on me before returning to Minho. Several others turned their attention to us, the tension heightened at our table.

The silence settled around us before I glanced at Minho and shook my head. "We're fine. We can both run fast enough to make up the time we lose when it changes." I glanced back at Minho and he was eagerly nodding in agreement.

"The other night was bloody close though." Newt mumbled.

"It was damn close, you guys got lucky." Gally replied.

"Yeah, really lucky." Zart added.

I looked up at the boys around us and sighed, they weren't making this any easier. Minho shifted nervously next to me, leaning closer to me. My eyes met his briefly before Alby spoke.

"They're right. We can't risk having you guys get stuck out there." Alby said, placing his fork on the table.

What does he mean, stuck out there?

I looked up at Thomas sharply and Newt followed my gaze. "There's a maze beyond the walls greenie. Every night the walls close to keep the grievers and such outside. To keep us safe. You'll learn about that on your tour." Newt told him, realizing Thomas must have asked the question in my head.

Thomas' eyes widened and he looked around at the walls once more.

"Don't worry greenie we're safe in the glade. The only ones who have to worry about it are the runners." He gestured to Minho and I. Newt grunted before sulking off to the kitchen.

"Really Alby? You had to say that?" I shook my head and Minho patted my shoulder as I got up to follow Newt and drop my plate off. "Newt, wait up."

"No, he's right. It's getting really dangerous for you guys now." He stopped and looked at me and I reached up to gently caress his cheek. "You can't worry about that my love. It's okay. I'll get back to you each night."

He grasped my hand and shook his head. "You can't know that. What if it changes one night too late and you guys don't make it?" His voice had risen and I glanced around at the other boys now looking at us.

"Then we'll do what we're trained to do. Run." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes rushing off to the homestead. I sighed and Fry Pan started laughing as he walked into the kitchen.

"Don't worry Clary he'll come around." He winked at me before I nodded and sprinted off in the direction Newt went. I ran out of the kitchen and collided with Thomas, his hand went to my elbow instantly to keep me upright.

"Sorry." I mumbled before realizing who it was. My eyes widened slightly and he nodded in reply. "How can you do the talking thing?" I asked him before I could even think about the words.

"You can hear me then? I don't know. I don't know how I do it. I think you and Newt can too if you try hard enough."

I nodded and glanced towards homestead. "Speaking of Newt I need to go to him so I'll see you around."

He nodded and continued in to the kitchen. I ran up the stairs and found Newt in his hammock roughly drawing something.

"Newt."

He didn't look up from what he was doing so I plopped down beside him. "Why are you being so stubborn about this? We'll be fine."

He glanced up at me and I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Stop worrying about it now. I'm here with you, isn't that what matters?"

He sighed and nodded, pulling me into his side. I laid my head on his chest and he kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry love. I just worry about you being out there. It's so dangerous already and now the bloody walls are moving..." He tossed his notebook to the side as he spoke.

"I know. I know why you're worried but...right now we can't do anything about it but run faster and be on our guard."

His grip tightened around me and he rested his head on top of mine. We laid like that for several minutes before I leaned over him and picked up his notebook. "Can I see?"

He nodded and pulled it from me, opening it to the page he was just on. I gasped when I saw the amazing picture he had drew of me. "Newt....it's beautiful." I whispered.

"Nowhere nearly as beautiful as you my love. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me back downstairs. Newt made his way over to where Zart and several others had started preparing logs for the fire. I was about to join them when an arm grabbed me.

"Everything okay?" Minho whispered to me, coming up from behind me.

"Yeah, he's just worried. With the walls moving now it's just another obstacle."

"One of these days you both need to start documenting the changes. I mean I know you do but with the walls moving during the day things have gotten more...complicated." Alby said, joining us.

"Well, we have to keep running it or we'll never know if there's an exit out there." Minho replied, shrugging.

Alby nodded and looked at me before glancing back at Newt. "He okay?"

"He has to be." I replied.

Alby sighed and squeezed my shoulder. "We'll get through it." He turned and started making his way to the fire.

Minho smiled at me and disappeared after punching my shoulder lightly.

I made my way to Newt, grasping his hand tightly when I was close enough.

Alby stood in the center of our group with his arms open. "Listen up!"

We all turned to look at him and I jumped when hands appeared on my shoulders. I glanced back at Minho and grinned before returning my attention to Alby. Newt leaned closer to me and squeezed my hand and I smiled at having my favorite people around me.

"Today we welcome our new greenie, Thomas!"

Everyone cheered for the boy and I spotted Gally making his way around the group, specifically searching out keepers and handing them their torches. Minho and Newt both grabbed one and my eyes met Thomas' once again across the fire. Chuck stood by him with a wide smile on his face before sticking his tongue out at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him before focusing back on Alby.

"Keepers ready!" Alby yelled.

Everyone that had a torch raised it high.

"Now!"

They threw the torches on the wood and it lit up, a loud cheer erupting through the crowd. Everyone in the group had a smile on their face and nearly everyone had a drink in their hand.

"Clary! Drink with me!" Fry Pan pushed his way through the crowd bringing Winston and Zart along with him. Gally came up to me from behind, pushed his way between Newt and Minho, and draped an arm over my shoulder with a jar in his hand. "Take it!" He yelled.

I shook my head and took the jar glancing nervously at Newt. Fry Pan clinked his jar against mine and the others followed suit, Alby rushing over from the other side to join us. Minho released my shoulders to clank his jar against mine, effectively spilling some from both jars on me. "Way to go! Thanks!" I told him sarcastically, everyone around us began laughing. I took that first sip and cringed causing more laughter. My eyes locked with Thomas and he grinned, making his way over to us with Chuck following.

"What is in this stuff?" Thomas asked as he approached.

"No one knows. It's Gally's special brew." Newt replied before taking another drink.

"It tastes like gasoline." Thomas replied with a smile.

"Excuse me? I work hard on that shank!" Gally said, pushing Thomas lightly. Thomas' eyebrow arched like he didn't know how to take Gally. I felt the overwhelming urge to protect this boy flare up inside of me. It was nothing like how protective I was of Minho, Newt or Chuck but it still surprised me.

"Gally, let's battle!" I declared playfully shoving him. His eyes lit up and he quickly shoved his drink into Winston's hand, grabbing mine as well.

Thank you

I winked at Thomas before pulling Gally to the circle that had started forming. Gally grinned wickedly as all the keepers pushed their way to the front of the circle. "My money's on Clary!" Fry Pan yelled, several others joining in.

"No way man Gally's gonna take it!" Winston yelled back.

"Hey!" I yelled at Winston with a fake glare.

"No way! Clara is going to win!" Chuck yelled excitedly.

I spotted him standing beside Thomas and smiled at him. "Thanks Chuckie."

I made eye contact with Thomas once more before getting into the stance to push Gally.

"Ladies first." He said with a wink.

I charged at him and caught his bluff, diving to my right and tackling him out of the circle. The circle of gladers cheered as Gally spun to face me, a smile on his face. "I've taught you well Clara." He nodded thoughtfully at me and got into stance once more. "Ready?"

I nodded and hunkered down ready to take his attack. My leg trembled from the alcohol at the last moment and he easily pushed me out of the circle, into Minho's arms. Minho laughed and pushed me back to my feet. "Come on pokey, I know you're faster than that!" He told me pushing me back to Gally. I regained the stance and faced him again.

"You come at me this time. Remember what I told you about staying firm on the ground." He nodded towards my left leg and I shifted my posture slightly. I looked up at him questioning my stance and he nodded in encouragement. "There you go, now come at me."

I grinned and sprinted towards him and he dived out of the way at the last second, causing me to go flailing through the crowd that was all too happy to catch me, thank goodness! Fry Pan wrapped his arms around me with a wide smile. "I got a Clary now! She's mine!"

I laughed as he pushed me back out. The cheering grew louder and Gally smirked at the group surrounding us before rolling his eyes at me. I smiled and nodded for him to come at me. His eyes flickered down to my legs and I did the same, readjusting my stance. He nodded before rushing me and I was easily pushed out again, only this time into Thomas' arms.

"Alright, there we go greenie! Help us out a bit here." Gally said with a grin.

Thomas helped me back to my feet with a smile and I shook my head at Gally. "I'm done, it's drinking time for me." He nodded and patted my back with a wide smile. "Thanks Clara, that was fun. You did great!"

I smiled and went to Newt, grabbing my jar from Winston along the way. "You're lucky I don't kick your shuck ass for putting money on him." I told Winston with a smile and a light punch to the arm.

He winked at me and shook his head. "No matter how much I love you there's no way I'd bet against Gally, sorry cupcake."

Newt wrapped his arms around me and I turned towards the circle to see who was going next. Surprisingly Thomas had taken my place. "There we go! You can do it Tommy!" I yelled the name before thinking about it and his eyes locked on mine. I felt Newt tense around me briefly before cheering as well. "Yeah, Tommy, let's see what you can do then!"

Thomas smiled and nodded at us before imitating Gally's stance ready for a battle.

Gally was much rougher on him and Thomas didn't last long in the circle, not that anyone had expected him to.

I pulled Newt through the crowd over to the fire when Chuck turned the radio on. It was hard not to notice the way the ground seemed to move, Gally's brew taking effect. Newt gripped me around the waist to keep me upright, laughing when I stumbled, and we started dancing.

Others quickly joined in and I was soon dancing my way around the boys, getting passed from one to the next. Sounds horrible but it was all innocent. Until I got back in Newt's arms. His lips crushed against mine and I smiled tasting the brew on his lips. It was about time this boy let loose and forgot about all the problems in the glade for a night. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me, our bodies swaying to the music.

"It's about time this shank had some fun!" Minho yelled at us in passing, patting Newt's back as he passed.

We both laughed in return and I smiled when Newt's arms tightened around me. "Do you think I'm too serious?"

I instantly shook my head no in response to his pouty question. "Of course not, you're second in command you have to be serious!"

"Yes but am I a buzzkill?"

I laughed out loud at his question causing him to chuckle as well. "No, you're far from it."

"Do you love me?" The words stumbled out of his mouth in a slur and I froze, watching him closely. His eyes widened and he gasped. "Bloody hell. I am...I am so sorry." He released me and ran through the crowd, disappearing into the night.

"Clara? Everything alright?" Minho asked placing his hands on my shoulders. "You look like you've seen a ghost. Where'd Newt go?" He looked around but then returned his gaze to mine realizing I hadn't spoken. "Clara?"

I turned towards the direction Newt went and pulled myself free from Minho, chasing after Newt. I saw a hint of blonde hair through the trees as he passed a torch. I followed him into the deadheads and paused when he slumped against a tree mumbling to himself. I took a deep breath and slowly approached him, smiling lightly when his eyes met mine. I sat beside him and took his hand. "Did you mean to ask it?"

"No, I shouldn't have I'm so bloody sorry." The words rushed out of him and I shook my head in reply.

"Did you mean it though?" My voice was barely a whisper as he stared back at me.

I could see the conflict in his eyes but there was something else too...passion. Passion flared through him as he nodded.

"I do. I do love you, Newt." I replied, a tear trailing down my cheek.

He raised his hand to wipe it away with a smile and pulled me into his lap. "I love you Clara." He crushed his lips against mine again and pulled me against him. I straddled him, his back against a tree as he held my face and kissed me.

He held me in his lap and his head rested on top of mine as I rested my head on his chest. We must have fallen asleep because I was shaken awake by Minho the next morning. "Hey, get up we have to go."

I looked up at him and yawned, looking back at the sleeping boy below me. He pulled me to my feet and walked me to the kitchen so I could grab a quick breakfast.

"Doing okay today Clary?" Fry Pan asked me as he handed me my sack of food. "Take care out there today." He nodded at me and I smiled lightly in reply letting Minho drag me back outside. He tossed my shoes to me and started strapping my harness on. I pulled my shoes on and tied my hair up while he tightened my straps.

"Ow! Minho be careful, I have boobs remember?"

He let out a sharp laugh and shook his head. "Trust me, I remember." He winked at me and pulled me off the table and back to where Newt still lay. I gently woke him up and pulled him to his feet so he could walk us to the door. He grasped my hand tightly as Minho pulled us along.

When we reached the door Newt pulled me to him for a tight hug and kissed my cheek. "I meant what I said last night."

I blushed and smiled brightly at him. "I did too." I hugged him the last remaining moments until the doors started to open.

I stretched briefly before winking at Newt and sprinting into the maze with Minho.

A/N: And there we have it! Welcome to the glade Thomas! The next update should be by Saturday :)

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

12.1K 212 32
Y/N was one of the first people sent up by WCKD. After over two years, a brunette boy comes up in the box and turns her life upside down. This is ba...
85.3K 1.8K 34
Being the first girl in the maze came with its own set of challenges... Including falling in love with a boy, meeting old friends and saving the worl...
The Girl gabbs द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

94.8K 1.6K 69
A Maze Runner Fanfiction When a girl shows up without any warning, how will the Glade handle it? Will they figure out her role? Or will her role be i...
11.8K 217 12
When Minho gets taken by WICKED, Raven is desperate to save him. She makes plans with the few other Gladers that are left. But it's not that easy as...