Saved By The Boss [COMPLETE +...

By wrappedinamystery

He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surpri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 - All In A Day's Work
Chapter 2 - Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Second Time's The Charm
Chapter 4 - You're Fired
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Cabin Fever
Chapter 7 - A Shot In Paris
Chapter 8 - Secrets
Chapter 9 - His Revelation
Chapter 10 - Stay With Me
Chapter 11 - Explosions
Chapter 12 - Case Closed
Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens
Chapter 14 - Apologies At Tiffany's
Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums
Chapter 16 - It's A Date
Chapter 17 - Lay Down Your Weapons
Chapter 18 - Take Two
Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls
Chapter 20 - She's Broken
Chapter 21 - Warts And All
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 22 - A Stranger On The Streets
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell
Chapter 24 - Never Alone
Chapter 25 - Teamwork
Chapter 26 - Pack Up Your Troubles
Chapter 27 - Lost And Found
Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek
Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 30 - See You Again
Chapter 31 - Wake Up
Chapter 32 - Without You
Chapter 33 - Wide Awake
Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave
Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen
Chapter 36 - Troubled Waters
Chapter 37 - Bed, Scars & Beyond
Chapter 38 - Uncovered
Chapter 39 - Take Me Away
Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other
Chapter 41 - CEO, Interrupted
Chapter 42 - Family First
Chapter 43 - In The Dark
Chapter 44 - Dirty Dancing
Chapter 45 - White Lights
Chapter 46 - Confessions
Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime
Chapter 48 - Prison Bound
Chapter 49 - Black & White
Chapter 51 - Sealed With A Kiss
The Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENTS!
CAST LIST!
NEW STORY

Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest

469K 15.9K 1.7K
By wrappedinamystery

*IT'S CHAPTER FREAKING FIFTYYYYYY!!!!*

I've included Lucas in this chapter, he's Jasper's best friend if any of you have forgotten! I know I don't really mention him much, since I honestly just wanted to focus on the main characters but I thought I'd change it up a little for this chapter.

Enjoy!

_______________________________

Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest

Jasper's POV

It had been just under two months since we'd found out that Scarlett was pregnant and to say that I couldn't have been a happier man would have been one hell of a lie.

But there was no denying that the reality of the pregnancy had me - a grown adult - absolutely fùcking scared.

I hadn't slept properly ever since we'd found out and the lack of it certainly was not doing me any favors.

I pretended as if the problem wasn't there but I knew it wouldn't take Scarlett very long to figure it out.

"You're doing that thing again," she laughed as I looked up at her.

"What thing?"

"That, I'd so much rather be anywhere but here, thing," she commented, biting her lip. "You've had that look on for weeks now."

"I'm just tired."

"What's going on with you, Jasper?"

"Come here," I replied, after a moment's silence as she gave me a concerned look.

Slowly, she came towards me, cautiously taking a seat on my lap as I gently rubbed her growing stomach.

"Babe, you're really worrying me," she whispered, running her soft fingers through my unkempt hair. "I know you haven't slept in weeks, you don't eat anymore, we haven't even -"

"I'm scared, Scarlett," I confessed, my voice quiet, as silence filled the study where we were sat.

"Of what, Jasper?" Scarlett asked softly, cupping my cheeks with her small hands.

"I've always known how much I've wanted children with you but now that the reality of it has sunken in, I don't know what -"

"Don't you want the baby anymore?" She asked quietly, as if worried about what I was going to say.

I gave her an incredulous look. "Are you fucking kidding me right now? Of course I want the baby!"

"Then I don't get it, Jasper, what are you so afraid of?"

"I'm scared of what will happen to you if something were to happen to our baby," I answered truthfully, feeling unbelievably pathetic. "After everything you've been through, suffering another loss will -"

"What about you? What about us? We're a team, are we not?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Jasper just because I've had it a little tougher than others, it doesn't make me some volatile emotional wreck nor does it give you an excuse to undermine and hide your own feelings, especially from me."

"I know," I sighed as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Is this why you've been acting up ever since we found out?" She asked, giving me her I-can-smell-your-bullshit-so-don't-even-think-of-lying-to-me, look.

"I didn't want to start haranguing you with all my negative shit babe," I replied, shrugging as she glared at me.

"Well, next time, I would very much love for you to harangue me with your negative shit," she informed me as I laughed. "Lack of communication in our relationship has proven to be very toxic, I think we both know that."

"I wonder who started that trend?" I teased her.

"I'm being serious, Jasp," she said through a smile as I pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "And I don't want you worrying anymore, okay? I'm done with my first trimester, which should lower the chances of anything drastic happening from now until the baby's born."

"I know, babe," I nodded as I'd already done my research.

"I know you know," she grinned as I gave her a confused look. "Your stash of new mom magazines kind of gave it away."

"Can't blame a clueless twenty six year old for turning to very unorthodox material for a little bit of guidance," I shrugged as she laughed.

"Now that we've put your fears to bed," she began, giving me a coy smile. "How about we get ourselves into bed at some point? You know, since you've practically refused to even spare me so much as a kiss lasting longer than three seconds during these past six weeks?"

"Yeah, sorry about that," I apologised sheepishly.

"Doctor Leah did give us the go ahead with sex, you know?"

"I know, baby, I know," I smiled at her frankness. "Bedroom or right here?"

"How about right nowhere?" She quipped defiantly as I gave her a questioning look. "Jasper, I want you to take your ass out and go relax."

"I'm perfectly relaxed here with you," I argued.

"I've already called Luke, Jasper, he's waiting outside," she stood in front of me, placing her hands on her hips.

"I don't want to go," I whined childishly.

"Are you freaking obsessed with me?" She questioned me as I smirked, deciding to piss her off a little more.

"Why you so obsessed with me, boy I wanna know," I sang obnoxiously as she threw her hands to her ears, wincing.

"Jasper, please, stop singing," she pleaded as I continued belting out Mariah's, Obsessed, at the top of my lungs before stopping abruptly when I noticed Scarlett had gone quiet.

"Babe?" I called out in concern as I saw that she was crying. "Shít, fùck, I'll stop!"

"Why won't you listen to me?" She sobbed loudly as I felt a little taken aback. "All I asked was for you to go and just relax and stop worrying about me for just one hour!"

"Scarlett, baby, I'll go right now," I promised her quickly. "But only if you stop crying."

"I thought you'd never ask," she replied cheerily as she wiped her face.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You were bluffing, weren't you?"

"Never!" She gasped dramatically as she grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the door before ushering me out of the house.

"I wonder if I can spank a pregnant woman," I muttered under my breath as she tossed me my keys.

"I wonder if you'll live to see the light of another day if you try it," she informed me sweetly before pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "Enjoy yourself, don't drink too much and bring me back a jar of Skippy's and a cucumber - stop looking at me like that or you might find yourself ball-less tomorrow morning."

"I'll be back in an hour," I said, smiling in amusement as she raised her eyebrows expectantly.

"Jasper, get your whipped pùssy ass in the car!" I heard Luke yell from outside as I sent him a seething glare.

"You heard him, Mariah," Scarlett smirked. "Off you go."

"Fine," I grumbled as I walked out, sliding into the passenger seat beside Luke.

"Luke, keep him away from the karaoke bar at all times!" Scarlett yelled at Luke who gave her a salute.

I glared at her as she winked, blowing me a kiss.

"I take it the pair of you plotted this behind my back?" I questioned him as he drove away from the house.

"Well aren't you just the smartest little thing?" He retorted sarcastically as I ignored him.

"You remind me of Scarlett's friend," I told him as he gestured for me to continue. "Remember Melissa from when both of you started working for me?"

"How could I ever forget that girl?" He chuckled. "She helped me pull off practically all the office pranks we ever played on you, not to mention how she helped me dump all those girls I was with."

"God, I remember when she saved your ass from those two sisters you were two timing," I laughed, shaking my head at the memory.

"I'll also never forget how she rejected me - twice - in two years," he said as I laughed even louder. "How is she doing anyway?"

"I'd say she's doing great, she's got a daughter now."

"I take it she's still with that Blake guy then?"

"He left her before he found she was pregnant," I informed him as he frowned.

"Didn't I always say he was a piece of shit?" He asked me as I shrugged. "I always did wonder why she rejected me though."

"Are you feeling okay, Luke?" I laughed as he parked up outside the bar. "The pair of us were womanizing bástards who wouldn't have known what a relationship was if it came and slapped us square across the face."

"Well, you've certainly grown up," he smirked as I scoffed. "But I've never seen you this happy in years, she really does complete you, doesn't she?"

"My wedding is almost a month away yet I feel as though we've been married for years," I told him truthfully. "The whole CEO, billionaire thing aside, Scarlett makes me feel like the richest man alive everyday and that, Lucas, is happiness in its truest form."

"I don't know whether to laugh at how incredibly whipped you are or to cry at how beautiful that little soliloquy was," he spoke after a moments silence.

"Prick," I snapped as we got out of the car.

"Seriously though, you're a lucky man, Jasp." He said as we neared the table where the rest of the guys were sat.

"Oh, I know."

______________________________

A/N:

Hey Guys!

OMG, I CANNOT BELIEVE WE'RE ON CHAPTER FIFTY *DIES*

Only another one or two chapters left :(

On a happier note, I went with the majority vote and decided Nick Bateman for Jasper and I thought about Scarlett's character.. I saw Amber Heard!

What do you think?

I'll also be posting a little something soon, regarding a new book I've been working on - can't wait for you guys to check it out!! (It features a sexy Spanish cop!!)

Anyhoooo, I hope you enjoyed Chapter 50!

Next update should be before Sunday 23rd August!

Love as always,

Ana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.6K 42
STEAMY 18+ ROMANCE Completed ✔️ Book 2 in my Forbidden Love Series Book one is IT STARTED WITH A TEXT EACH BOOK IS A STAND ALONE AND CAN BE READ SE...
258K 9.1K 37
'𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.' |18+| ❝Look at you so open and sexy bent over...
522K 24.7K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
63.9K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...