Falling Sky

By tigunnies101

Arielle Sky spent her whole life with her Grandmama, playing with her best friend Kyron, and being taunted fo... More

First things first
Before the Sky Fell
Let me get something straight...
Happy Birthday to Me
Stupid Flowers
Falling Again
What the Jlutterby?
Here We Are
Those Mornings
That Hurt
When I Saw You
Bri's Birthday Ball Bashed
Almost There
Okay, so...
The Last Word
The Next Book

Home at Last

12 2 1
By tigunnies101

Arielle's POV

I awoke suddenly. The dreams of me drowning had been replaced with Ky, or Bri, or Grandmama drowning. Grandmama shifted in her sleep, mumbling about war. Ever since I had came back, Grandmama had been getting better... slowly, but surely. I could only hope Orion had forgotten about us.I slowly slung my legs over the side of the bed. I padded quietly over to the window and peeked out. The first colors of the morning were coloring the sky. Grandmama coughed behind me, I turned quickly. Her eyes glowed blue in the morning light.

"You're still here." She stated.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm never leaving you again." I brushed her gray hair away from her forehead.

"You will. One day. At least, you'd better." Grandmama croaked out a laugh.

I smiled at her. "I'm going to go get our daily rations for us, okay?"

Grandmama nodded wisely. "I told you you'd be leaving."

I scrunched up my face at her. "For half a hour."

She shrugged. "Same difference."

I rolled my eyes good-naturedely. I pulled on my boots and one of Mother's old dresses.

"I'll be back soon!" I called, racing out of the house.

¥

"Sky, please." I told the rations man right before someone covered my eyes.

"Guess whooooo?" The person sang.

I rolled my eyes, it was obviously Ky that I almost slapped him.

"Is it my secret boyfriend Uriel who I am dating without telling Kyron?" I said sarcastically.

"Say WHAT now?!?" Ky exclaimed, dropping his hands and turning me to him.

"Just kidding!" I laughed a little and then gave him a peck on the cheek. "How are you Ky?"

"You'd better be." He grumbled. He leaned around me and told the man "Dukawig. Thanks."

"Sooo... It hasn't been a good day? Because it's only the 6th hour, this has to be a new record for you." I grabbed my bag of food and moved out of the way.

"It's... Nothing." He dead panned.

"You better tell me later." I scolded. "Right now I've got to go make breakfast."

Ky gave me a quick kiss, then said. "How does a picnic in the glade sound?"

"Sure, how about around 5, that's when Grandmama takes her daily nap." I juggled the rations around.

"Sounds fine. See you later Ari!" He yelled, as he began to run back home.

I watched his retreating back until he disappeared into the crowd than I began my own walk home.

I was walking down the streets of Witzann. They were totally deserted. I blinked, and all of a sudden I was in Witzann's bustling city center.

"Mommy!" Called a child, running toward me.

"Sorry sis," it was Bri, but she was much older, about 16 I guessed. "I couldn't keep Claree under control."

If Bri was 16, then I was... Then I was... 24! And I had a 3 year old girl? Weird. Claree hugged my legs.

"Awunty Bwiana was gonna make me eat vegitibles." Claree complained.

Like, I was feeded lines, I turned to Bri and asked, "Where's Cas?"

"He's with Ky."

"All right." I said. "Come on honey, let's go find daddy and Cas."

"Kway momma." Claree said obediently. As we walked away she turned and stuck her tongue out at Bri.

I rolled my eyes. There was a lot of Bri in Claree.

"ARI!" It was Grandmama.

"Hmm?" I mumbled sleepily.

"You fell asleep while you were waiting for 5:00. I thought you might like to know its 5:15." Grandmama smiled wickedly. "Who naps in the middle of the day now my old lady dove."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry I called yo-WAIT 5:15?!?!" I yelled.

Grandmama nodded. "I going to go take a nap, my headache is feeling worse." She mumbled.

"Gran!" I called.

"What?" She said, obviously tired.

"Can I- Should I-"

"Just go. And bring back some berries."

"Thanks!" And I was out the door.

Kyron's POV

I sat impatiently on the grass. I felt like I was in kindergarten again, sitting criss-cross.

"Ky!" Ari burst out from the foliage. Her hair was a mess, and her forest green dress was wrinkled, but she was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. If only I didn't have to tell her...

"Sorry I'm late but I fell asleep cause you know how comfy that couch in my living room is I think it's made of lamb wool but anyway I'm so sorry but I'm not really THAT late but I should still honor our agreements and I'm like 20 minutes late and I guess that is pretty late so all I'm trying to say is so-" Arielle rambled.

I cut her off. "Ari. I forgive you. Besides, you're rambling again." It was something she had picked up on after the fairy realm. She spoke fast, like somebody was going to stop her if she didn't.

"Sorry." She said, sheepishly.

I gestured for her to follow me. "Since you were late I was able to set up something a little more... Shocking."

We entered Stella's glade, and Ari's jaw dropped. All of the trees were hung with magical fairy lights that I had bought from the local wizard. A small table was set in the middle, covered in flowers.

"Ky.... What's all this for? Is there an anniversary I missed." She said, alarmed.

"No but next month is the anniversary of the day we met." I kissed her forehead.

"It's beautiful!" Ari exclaimed twirling around.

"Ari, now that we're here, there's something I need to ask you."

Ari stumbled into my chest, dizzy. "Yes?" She asked, her big blue eyes wide.

"One day, in the future, do you think.... Just maybe, you could marry me?" I stammered out.

"Of course I will." Ari stated. "I'm surprised you even had to ask. I love you Kyron."

"I love you too Ari, that why this is so hard."

"What is?" Those big blue eyes were filled with confusion now.

"Ari, the war with Falion is getting harder. They need more fighters. There going to start conscripting soldiers from our village."

"What do you mean?" She asked, but I could see the pieces coming together in her head.

"Ari, they dropped of a letter this morning. I'm going to war."

Ok, so Ky's chapter was a little short but it had a lot of good stuff in there. I'm sorry to say this is the last chapter. There will be an epilogue, but after that I think I'm done with this story. I am so totally joking, I would never desert Ari and Ky like that. The next book is going to be a little different though so brace yourselves.

Vote Comment Share Merci!
Bye bye Bunnies!

TG101

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 522 65
What happens when someone whom you used to call as 'bestfriend' turns out to be someone who you never thought him to become like and all this happen...
59 0 9
Paisley comes into some powers as the world falls apart around her. She relies on her sister and best friend for support as she discovers how to cope...
553 42 21
Stolen from her mom a girl goes through a tough time to get back. She may have obstacles in her way but will that stop her?
575 35 9
「When you had to choose between destiny and your heart.」 What if your soulmate had been decided since you're born into this world? You'll recognize...