The Girl behind the Throne (E...

Oleh roiskate

its hard being the secret best friend of the next king, for Tess and James their friendship spanning twelve y... Lebih Banyak

Introductory Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 13
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 14
The Girl behind the Throne chapter 15
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 16
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 17 part 1
The girl behind the Throne Chapter 17 part 2
The Girl behind the throne Chapter 18
The Girl behind the Throne. COMPETITION :)
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 19
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 20
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 21
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 22
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 23
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 24
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 25
The Girl behind the Throne 26
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 27
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 28
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 29
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 31
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 32
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 33
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 34
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 35
The Girl behind the Throne Epilogue
Author's Note. IMPORTANT

The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 30

144K 1.7K 146
Oleh roiskate

hey guys, so i did my exams- the big'uns and now im FREE, i went to the pub straight after, while still in my uniform and found my way home! so i only have to have my graduation now and im done, graduations in ireland are like a debs, we wear tuxes and evening gowns and then we party it up, so i definitely will not be uploading on the 29th of june as ill barely be able to speak english let alone type it :D

but anywhos back to the point, so now that im free im going to be uploading as fast and as often as i can, and im trying to finish this book quickly. i have another book planned to put up soo called 'Insincerely Yours' something im really looking foreward to, its going to be R rated so i can make my characters as crazy as i want, so you guys are warned :D 

anywhos it wont be long until i upload again, maybe a couple of days or so :D

enjoy 

roiskate <3

“Flight 101 to Paris to the boarding area”. Said a ladies voice through the intercom, I looked checked my ticket to make sure it was my number and sure enough it was, I looked over at Sloane who was eating ice-cream and moaning delightedly, but it was still better than her looking like she would burst into tears like she had earlier. I had made her promise in the car-ride here that she wouldn’t tell anyone where I was until I felt like coming home, if I felt like coming home. I pulled my baseball cap down so it covered the tips of my sunglasses to protect me from the people who now knew me as the prince’s girlfriend. My body was hidden in a baggy hoodie and baggy shapeless jeans.

Sloane looked at me, her lip trembling again like she was going to cry again, I tried to offer her a smile but judging by her grossed out expression, I hadn’t succeeded in my attempts. I grabbed my handbag and stuffed it under my arm, I couldn’t help but feel a little excited through my sadness, I was going to Paris!. Luckily it had only taken a phone call and a hint towards a big donation for the school before I was happily accepted into their records again by an enthusiastic French woman.

I looked at Sloane again trying not to cry at her expression. “Hey it’s not far away; you can come and visit me whenever you want”. I said rubbing her arm; she nodded sadly adding a nice attempt at a smile at the end of her little moment. She too was dressed inconspicuously her hair pulled back under a beanie and dark sunglasses too, the last thing we needed was for a ‘fan’ of hers or even a pap to recognise her and the game was over.

“I know, but ill still miss being able to invite you over when something happens, like the time Andrew got his hand stuck in the chocolate spread jar when he was drunk, or the time flapjacks was chauffeuring hatchet face around on his back like a turtle. Or even when my baby kicks for the first time, what will I do when that happens?” She asked tearfully, a big fat tear rolling its way down her beautiful face.

I rolled my eyes at her and smiled properly for the first time all evening, “Sloane knowing you, you will fly over just to give me the privilege of feeling your, what I am guessing is going to be extremely weird child doing back flips”. I said to her before grabbing her into the biggest bear hug ever, cutting off both our breathing successfully and making me sound like a wheezing panda at the end of the hug. She pulled away and punched me on the arm.

“Hey”. I said rubbing it, she just frowned at me and put one hand on her hip.

“That’s for calling my unborn child a freak”. She said before pulling me into another hug.

“Bugger off”. I said into her hair and felt Sloane shake slightly laughter before she started crying again. “Seriously Sloane I get that you’re pregnant and whatnot but you started crying at a toilet paper advert the other day”. I said finally managing to pull her off me.

“Im sorry, but that kid was ADORABLE and his relief at finally being able to go to the toilet was Oscar worthy”. She said wagging her finger, I pulled away from her, and turned around not wanting to see her crumbled expression, I walked towards the departure lounge before turning around last minute to look at her “pregnant freak”. I shouted out, I got the privilege of watching her nostrils flare before I heard. “You’re just jealous ‘cus my jugs are bigger than yours” yelled back at me, successfully drawing everyone in the checkout vicinity’s attention to her.

I handed my ticket to the blond security guard and walked through the metal detector, setting it off rather embarrassingly and had to be frisked by a large security officer, to whom the term ‘personal space’ was non-existent, seriously, I think if I had been hiding anything on the illegal side of things I wouldn’t be hiding them in my boobs. Before I could slope off to one of the many bars in the departure lounge to spend my hour and a half before I boarded the plane, I hopped up on the counter chairs of the bar, looking at the young barmaid who was polishing glasses and watching MTV; she shot me a warm and professional smile.

“One glass of merlot”. I said with an amiable smile, she nodded her head and left down a large bottle of red wine, filled my glass and went back to her polishing. I mellowed with my full glass, which soon found itself reduced to half and then was empty. I couldn’t ignore the glances the barmaid gave me out of the corner of my eye and kept my eyes glued to my phone playing angry birds viciously so she wouldn’t figure out who I was. Unfortunately my closed off persona was ruined by the voice of MTV news blaring through the small bar.

“Prince James has been a naughty boy; apparently sources close to the prince say it’s down to relationship troubles between the prince and his girlfriend”. Came the voice and I sucked in a breath, it’s only been a day? How in the hell could somebody get to the press in that amount of time. I didn’t realise in my confusion I had looked up and pulled off my sunglasses in an effort to see the pictures more clearly. I felt my eyes begin to burn with repressed tears at the sight of Jamie being carried out by an extremely tired and beyond his years Andrew.

The barmaid had seen all of this of course and was watching me; I looked around the bar to make sure no one else had noticed. Fortunately there were only three people in the whole place, an extremely overweight gentleman whose hair was doing a vanishing act and a young and extremely chic couple who were staring intently into each other eyes, that was another thing that made me remember my abysmal birthday and the reason I was escaping to Paris in the first place.

Without saying anything the barmaid walked over the television and turned over, so attention wouldn’t be drawn to me, I shot her a grateful smile which she returned before topping up my drink. All without saying a word. I downed my drink quickly and bought the bottle.

The hour passed quickly and before I knew it the bland female voice on the intercom came on it announcing that we were ready for boarding and I shakily made my way off my bar stool and grabbed my travel on bag waving goodbye to Jake (the overweight man- who had been pouring his heart out to me about his cats broken heart) and left a one hundred pound note as a tip for my friend the bar maid who had saved me from my breakdown and staggered drunkenly to the check in desk. Thankfully I had talked to the airline manager earlier and he had graciously allowed me to be the first to get onto the plane.

Taking my comfy first class seat I looked around at the other upper class and rich, and I hated it. I didn’t think that money and power could taint people, but unfortunately I had seen it first hand, I was still drunk I pulled out my sketch pad out of my carry on and drew ignoring the cloud of hurt surrounding my eyes. I was accustomed to my hands working without my mind; many of my best designs were the outcome of my daydreaming with my pencil in my hand.

But it was not a dress I was drawing subconsciously; my hands were sculpting a sketch of a pair of eyes.

So that was how I fell asleep drunk, with a pencil in my hand.

The Noir School of fashion was bigger than I had expected despite the many brochures I had pored over for the last year. It was housed in a large grey brick building that had to be a couple of hundred years old and right on a busy street in the middle of Paris.

I walked aimlessly trying to find my dormitory, pulling my cap down so it covers my face as I made my way through the long corridors eventually finding room 202. Opening the door, I was met with an angry scream “close the damn door. Jumping and squealing slightly I ran inside and closed the door quickly being left in total darkness.

“Umm hello?” i asked the darkness, holding my hands out in front of me trying to find out where everything was, unfortunately while i was scoping out the room with my hand out, it came into contact with something soft i grabbed around trying to find out what it was, but was met with an outraged yell.

“Dude get your hands off my boobs”. Jumping back and staggering over something, making me fall in a large and bruising heap on the floor. The light flicked on, blinding me slightly. I looked around to find a small-ish room, with two beds. One of which was accommodating a petite girl who looked as light as a sparrow. Her pretty face scrunched up in anger, and she was quite obviously looking at my clothes. “Who the hell are you?” she asked her American accent obviously angry.

“Im Tess”. I said getting my ass up off the ground and dusting it off. “Can I ask, why in the name of sweet baby Jesus were you sitting in the dark?” I asked looking at the room more. One half was, ludicrously tidy, with only a duvet, a pillow, a desk and a bed on it. The other side looked like Coventry city after the blitz. Clothes were flung everywhere a bra was decorating an open cheese sandwich which looked like it had seen better days. Furiously she pointed at her head which was covered by a by a turban style scarf.

I shrugged, not exactly understanding what she was getting at. Rolling her eyes she pulled off the scarf so it landed on the bed revealing short pink hair making her looks seem even more elfin, I gasped at it. Not because of the unusual colour but also about how it made her face seem even prettier.

“It’s so pretty”. I said looking at it. It was no more than four inches long and glamorously dishevelled and rough, the deep pink of her hair making her brown eyes seem like warm chocolate.

“You really think so?” she asked scrunching up her face in earnest. I nodded seriously dumping my large suitcase on the bed and pulling my cap off my head.

“So you got a name?” I asked while pulling out my clothes out of the case. She was watching this very seriously her mouth open as I pulled out the Prada shoes and designer jeans. Eventually she roused herself out of the daydream and looked at me.

“Im Peaches”. She said with a small smile. I tried hard not to laugh.

“Peaches?” I asked not sure if I should believe her or not.

Peaches rolled her eyes, “my parents were hippies, I have a sister named tiger-lily and a brother called moon beam, I think I got the best option out of the lot” she said shrugging. I stood there looking at her for a few minutes before I came to the conclusion that I agreed, she did have the best name out of a lot of bad choices.

“So you’re rich?” She asked pointing at my clothes. I got the vibe that Peaches was a very blunt girl, something I liked in a friend.

“Kinda” I said shrugging; I unloaded my clothes into a chest of drawers on my side of the room and uncovered my tooth brush and pyjamas. Peaches sat there watching me with a strange expression on her face like she was trying to figure something out.

“So how old are you?” she asked stretching her body before jumping up and opening the wide sash windows letting the noise of the city plow into the room.

“I turned nineteen yesterday. You?” i said trying hard to keep my voice light and carefree.

“Oh cool, im twenty in a couple of weeks” she said with a small smile, I watched as she pushed half her body out of the window and lit up a cigarette.

“So I take it you can’t smoke in dorms here?” I asked putting the duvet cover on the bed.

“You can’t smoke, screw or scrap” she said with a pout, “all the fun things in life”.

I laughed at that before throwing myself on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. “You know I’ve got the funniest feeling that I’ve seen you somewhere before”. She muttered. Not taking my eyes off the ceiling I answered her.

“I just have one of those faces”. I said in a voice that sounded dull and lifeless even to me. I felt her eyes examining my face but I didn’t turn to face her.

“So mysterious. Just as long as you are not in the mafia or something that’s cool. Im not fond of finding heads of people in my bed unless it’s his”. She said with an easy grin pointing to a poster of a gorgeous man standing under water, his dark curls falling into his brown eyes.

Barely looking at it I looked up to the ceiling. “He’s hot, who is he?” I asked not really caring what the answer was.

“It’s only the best singer in the world. His names Felix Blacc” Peaches said with a heavy sigh making me laugh. I thought back to the amount of times I had heard girls saying the same thing about Jamie and Andrew, and how hot they were. The aching in my heart grew worse; making me put a hand over my chest.

“Hey Tess, are you ok?” she asked looking at me with great interest.

“Not really” I said with a light sob that shook through me. “But I’ll live”.

I heard Peaches flick her cigarette down onto the street below and outraged yelling of a man, who was calling Peaches every name under the sun in French. I turned my head to see her pulling down her trousers to flash the guy her arse, while yelling loudly “kiss my ass douche bag”.

I smiled widely and earned a wide grin from Peaches. Before I groaned when I saw the time, judging that I had classes in little over six hours, I shucked my jeans and hoodie and fell into my freshly made bed. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

40.1K 2K 38
What would you do if the boy, who used to be your best friend seven years ago suddenly appeared in your school halls, as gorgeous as he is and turned...
42.9K 659 37
Lily and Jacob have been best friends since they were 2 years old. When they turn 13 they start developing feelings for each other. But Jacobs best f...
2.3K 160 36
Alfie and Natalie have known each other for pretty much life now. Natalie has and endless love for Alfie as she has had since they were little. Anoth...
1K 30 32
This story is about a girl who had a boy as a childhood friend. This precious friendship had gone for years already. Will challenges break that frien...