The Girl in the Glade // Twin...

By teenwolfgirl90

[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] Clara is a simple girl trying to survive. Her new life finds her among roughly 50 b... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
Author's Note
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

ten

1.9K 45 5
By teenwolfgirl90

A/N: At the end of this one in italics you'll find a dream that Clara has that I think provides a little bit of useful information ;) Thank you to everyone still reading this!

The next morning I found myself in the map room bright and early after Minho literally drug me out of my hammock. He barely paused long enough for me to pull my shoes on.

"Come on Clara! We have to get out there early today! We need to figure out if the changing walls have created a new pattern." He was mostly mumbling as he drug me across the glade so I didn't catch all of what he said. Or most of it for that matter.

"Minho I need food before we go running out there." I mumbled as we both looked down on the map of the maze.

"No kidding shank we'll get food but help me figure out where the walls moved yesterday." He looked at me with a hint of irritation but I could see the playful smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and leaned over the map once more and lazily pointed to a few walls. "Those are the ones that were different."

"Are you sure?" His eyes met mine again and I nodded in reply.

"Okay. We're going to go out this way today then." He hastily pointed to the route we would take before tossing me a harness. "Here, that belonged to Newt so it should fit you better than the one you've been wearing."

I smiled lightly holding Newt's harness before pulling it on. Minho slid my machete into the harness with a satisfied grunt then patted my back. We made our way back across the glade and into the kitchen where Fry Pan had already made up our packs for the day. Minho quickly tied mine to the harness before we grabbed our plates and sat down at the closest table. The table shifted slightly and I smiled at Newt as he sat beside me. He yawned before returning my smile, making me yawn in return.

"Hey, we don't need you over here making my runner tired." Minho told him playfully.

Newt rolled his eyes at his friend before leaning closer to me. "Are you ready for today love?"

I shrugged and took another bite of my oatmeal. "I guess so."

"You guess so? You have the best job here. You get to work with me all day!" Minho said with a smirk.

I let out a small laugh before kicking his shin lightly. We finished eating and made our way towards the doors, Newt grasping my hand tightly in his own. It seemed to be a bit windier today and I wondered if that would affect any of the jobs in the glade. Minho stood right at the edge of the doors while Newt held me a little farther back. "Just please be careful out there. He's not always the most observant." Newt muttered into my hair.

I smiled and kissed his neck lightly. "I will."

The doors started opening so I quickly looked up at Newt with a small smile. "Try not to miss me too much." I winked before turning to sprint after Minho, fighting the gust of wind trying to keep me there.

"Come on slow poke!" Minho yelled out as he rounded the first corner.

I heard Newt laughing at Minho before I too rounded the corner, losing sight and sound of Newt.

We ran side by side for a few hours before Minho finally stopped to take a break. We both pulled our water bottles out of our packs and I eagerly accepted the slightly warm liquid. The maze walls seemed to light up in certain areas where the ivy wasn't as thick and I couldn't help but be amazed at this place and the enormity of it.

"What you looking at?" Minho asked quietly as his breathing returned to normal.

"Just the maze." I shrugged before turning my gaze to his.

He arched an eyebrow and looked at me like I was crazy. "Oh that's right. I was running with some other shank the other day through here." He rolled his eyes seconds before I hit him in the arm.

"Not what I meant shank! This place is just ridiculous. I mean how tall the walls are, the ivy, everything. It's just...a lot to take in."

He nodded and took another drink. "That's a true statement."

I grinned thinking about how Newt said that same phrase just the other day. It was easy to see that the two had spent a lot of time together since they spoke similarly.

"Ready to keep going?" Minho asked, spinning back to me.

I nodded and shoved my water back in my pack. "Race you to the end of the hall!" I yelled out as I sprinted down the long hallway ahead of us. I heard Minho's thundering feet behind me and couldn't help the smirk that spread across my face as he failed to catch up. I yelped, startled, when he suddenly yanked on the ivy on the maze walls and pulled himself to where he was now in front of me. "You're like a monkey!" I yelled out at him, running to try to pass him again. He laughed and pushed me into the wall so he'd stay ahead. "Cheater!" I yelled out, slowly catching him.

We finally reached the end of the hall and we both took a moment to catch our breath. "Ha ha! I won!" He cheered with a bright smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him lightly. "You only won because you cheated!"

"Uh huh. Think whatever you want to make yourself feel better." He winked at me before sprinting off down the hall.

I groaned and followed and we ran silently next to one another until lunch. My back pressed against the cool maze wall as I ate my sandwich with Minho right beside me.

"So, you and Newt huh?" Minho wiggled his eyebrows at me causing me to blush.

"What about us?"

"Oh come on don't play dumb. You know what I'm saying."

I grinned and shrugged, the blush in my cheeks deepening. "I honestly don't know what's going on. We're close."

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Obviously."

"What, are you wanting us to label our relationship?"

He shrugged and turned to me. "Isn't that what normal people do?"

"We're trapped in a maze and you are concerned that we haven't labeled our relationship yet?"

He grinned before shrugging once more. "I guess when you say it like that it is pretty pathetic huh?"

I laughed and shook my head. "You're ridiculous."

"Thanks." He grinned and rose to his feet. "Come on pokey let's go."

I rolled my eyes at my new nickname and quickly packed my bag. We sprinted off down another long corridor, neither of us even needing to say it was a race.

By the time we rounded the last corner heading into the glade it was nearly time for the doors to close. Three walls had moved and forced us to change directions several times but we just picked up the pace and continued back. When we made it into the glade most of the gladers that had gathered by the door dispersed and returned to do their own jobs. All aside from Newt and Alby that is. They walked with us to the map room, Alby questioning Minho the entire way about the walls moving.

Newt remained by my side holding my hand with a small smile on his face. He didn't say anything, knowing I was exhausted from running the maze.

Minho motioned for me to stand beside him as we drew up our maps so he could criticize me while I did mine. He made several sarcastic comments while I worked silently with Newt watching over my shoulder. "You call that a straight line? That wall wasn't there, it was here. Draw faster I want to eat today!" He finally stopped after Alby smacked him in the back of the head with a smirk. After we finished our maps we walked to the kitchen. Minho on my left and Newt was on my right holding my hand.

"Hey Clary!" Fry Pan called out enthusiastically. He slid my plate to me before looking at Minho. "Well, let's move it shank we ain't got all day."

Minho smirked at the cook and they both started chuckling as Newt pulled me to our table outside.

Alby sat down across from us with Zart and Winston joining him. Small arms wrapped around me and I turned with a smile. "Hey Chuckie. How are you?"

He tightened his grip briefly before letting me go. "I'm good. How was your day?"

"It was good. Thanks buddy." I ruffled his hair and he giggled as he ran off into the kitchen. A few moments later he wedged himself in between Zart and Alby with a big smile on his face.

Alby rolled his eyes but neither of them paid any attention to Chuck.

"We need a bigger table." Gally said, plopping down on the other side of Minho.

"We were fine before you plopped your fat butt down." Minho replied with a smirk.

Gally grunted before shoving Minho off the bench making everyone else laugh. After dinner Newt and I went to a spot near the deadheads to get me used to using the machete again. A few hours later I could effectively chop down vines from the neighboring trees and throw the machete at a target, also a neighboring tree.

After taking our showers, Newt stood watch while I showered, we went to our room. Newt started drawing another picture over in his hammock while I decided to try for some sleep.

"You can do this Clara. Just go in there like we discussed and do what you need to in order to get out. You'll be safer there than you will be here. If something happens though...you have to fight to get into the maze." The boy with brown hair and brown eyes spoke quietly, looking around every few seconds to make sure we were alone.

"What do you mean I have to fight to get into the maze, Tommy?" My face scrunched up in confusion.

He glanced around again before leaning in closer to me. "You're not supposed to be going in. They want you for their tests. They might try to get you back but you have to fight them okay? You can't let them bring you back."

"What do you mean bring me back? Bring me back here?" My face contorted in fear and he quickly brought his hands up to stroke my cheeks.

"Yes. That's why you can't let them bring you back. There'll be no one here." His voice sounded sad so I pulled him to me without a thought.

"I'll be okay. I'll get to the maze and everything will be just fine." I smiled lightly at him and he nodded in return with a small frown.

"CLARA!"

We both jumped when we heard his voice. Thomas flipped around and shoved me farther back against the wall. "Don't move." He whispered to me, blocking me from Jansen's view.

The rat man rounded the corner and his eyes immediately fell on Thomas. "Where is she? She's needed in lab 34!"

Thomas shrugged and looked around. "I'm sorry sir I haven't seen her."

"Tell me if you do." Jansen barked out before storming back down the hall.

Thomas sighed and in relief, his body relaxing into me. "You need to go hide somewhere. Just for a few hours and then we'll get you into the maze. They won't be able to do any tests on you once you're gone."

"You really think it'll work Tommy? I'll really get out of here?"

He smiled lightly and nodded. "I'll make sure of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 2.5K 17
(This is the final book to my Newt x reader series. The first book is 'In These Walls' and the second is 'In the Scorch') According to WICKED, the tr...
43.3K 890 38
*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *Going along by the movies* "Always prote...
The Girl By gabbs

Fanfiction

94.8K 1.6K 69
A Maze Runner Fanfiction When a girl shows up without any warning, how will the Glade handle it? Will they figure out her role? Or will her role be i...
26.2K 469 46
Y/N was Ava Paige's favorite, everybody knew that. She didn't work with WCKD like her brother Thomas did, she was simply one of their test objects. I...