Many Shades of Rae

By MercuryMessenger

"How do I always get into situations like this?" - - - - Let's start over - - - - I'm Raven Roth. I am apart... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9

Ch. 3

1K 50 21
By MercuryMessenger

Chapter 3 - Many Shades of Rae

Rae's POV:

I can't believe that happened. I will kill Beast Boy.

Grrrrrr.

My stupid cloak is ruining everything. I can literally feel my emotions bouncing off the walls. It's as though they are having a fun time showing themselves off to the world. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttt.

- - -

The next day I wake up abruptly. This time I am ready. I have no idea how long I am going to have this mood-cloak. But as long as I remain emotionless on the outside, it won't matter what the cloak does. I can do this.

Great. Now that my pep-talk is over, I walk outside my safe room into the strange world outside. Where people could give a glance and try to know the true me. But I'm not afraid...totally not freaked out.

BB's POV:

I'm with Cy. We're in the kitchen. NORMALLY we'd argue over a meat-filled or meat-extinct breakfast; but today we have another topic.

Raven.

"You know how Rae has her new mood-cloak?" Cy says. He sounds like he has a plan. It's making me a bit nervous...

"Yeaaaahhh..."

"Weeeeelll, maybe you should try to get a date with her." Cy says quiet enough that no one else hears, but I hear him.

"What?!" I have no idea why he would think that. I mean I like Rae, but not as more than a friend. We're just pretty good friends. Then again, going on a 'date' would be fun. After all, annoying Rae in any way is fun. Especially if every time she was embarrassed or happy I could tell.

I love to annoy her. Plus she looks kinda cute when she's mad. Hmmm. Maybe this idea isn't too bad.

I smirk. "How would I pull it off?"

Cy smiles back. Though his is much more of a friendly smile. "How about you make a bet."

I thought a moment. "Hmmmmm. I GOT IT!"

Cy asks, "What do you think?"

I open my mouth to reply but then Rae walks into the room.

I look over to watch her walk into the kitchen. She attracts attention wherever she goes. Even if she doesn't mean to.

Currently her cloak is the natural deep blue. I have a feeling that her emotionless façade will fade soon.

Quickly before Rae walks into the room I send Cy a quick message through our communicators. "Hey Cy. Tonight we are gonna have a scary movie marathon. If someone happens to get scared-then I guess a date's gonna happen ;D"

All I have to do is make a bet with Rae.

-----

Rae's POV:

I walk into the living room and then into the kitchen. It's taking a bunch of effort but I am able to keep an emotionless face. My familiar dark blue cape is giving me a bit more confidence.

As I walk into the kitchen I see Beast Boy. He's messing with my tea cup and as he turns to look at me he drops it. Just like he broke the last 5.

I can't help it, my cloak changes to a bright sky blue.

"Great Beast Boy! That was my LAST ONE!" even if I didn't have a mood-cloak on, you'd be able to hear the annoyance in my voice.

I walk up to him but as I do something catches my eye. Something's in the trash and Beast Boy is feebly trying to cover it up.

"What's that." I say. I feel my cloak changing. Slowly. I don't even glance at it. I have a feeling that I know what fiery color will be staring at me.

"Well, I may have ACCIDENTALLY droppedyourbookinsideofthesinkfullofwater."

I knew it. He freaking soaked my book. My poor book. And I hadn't gotten to finish it. I know for a fact that my fiery cloak is there now. I can feel the anger flowing through me.

"WHY do you ALWAYS mess with ME and MY stuff?!?!?! AZAR, just LEAVE ME ALONE for ONCE!!!"

"Ahhh!" I silently scream. I had felt someone tap my shoulder and freaked out. I guess they scared me a little. As my silent scream happened, my cloak changed quickly into a glowing bright purple. My cloak glows? Anyways I turn around and see Beast Boy again. I look around the room. It's just us-No witnesses for this murder.

"Rae, I have a proposal for you." He says in a deep voice.

Actually he sounds very different. I have to adjust my head slightly, when did he get taller than me? Staring into his emerald eyes I kept a steady voice and vaguely noticing my cloak change to a deep purple-red maroon, I said "what..." I was trying to sound suspicious but instead my voice can out softly. Barely audible, but he heard it?

"We're having a scary movie marathon tonight. If you can get through without getting scared then I will leave you alone for a week."

Regaining myself, I reply "What would Oh no no no. What would you get if I lost..."

"You and me would go out together, alone."

I felt blush coming on and my cloak changed but I remained calm, "No."

"How about I leave you alone for a month?" he asks seemingly sincere.

"I.." I was lost. I really didn't want to. What if I lost... "I don't think so."

"Scared to lose?" Beast Boy says with a smirk and you could see one fang poking out.

I can't help myself. That was just cute. I have no idea what I am saying, I can't think Beast Boy is cute. Not even for a moment. But I do right now. And my cloak is the purple-red maroon. Attraction I guess. Somehow I muster up a dark green cloak of bravery.

"Fine." I say with some confidence. Then I shake his hand that was extended to me.

"Great. See you tonight. Oh and your fear is that glowy purple, right?"

Looks like I couldn't hide my color of fear. Even if I tried. "Yeah, it is."

"Good luck." And with that he left the room.

And left me with my mystery mix of emotions.

As soon as he leaves Cyborg walks in and says something about some awesome movies we'll be watching tonight.

I kind of ignored him. I focused on making it through tonight. I refuse to go out alone with Beast Boy.

You mean you refuse to go on a date with BB. Says someone.

I turn around surprised. No one in the room was looking at me, I guess someone from Nevermore is contacting me.

Who are YOU? I question.

Oh, you'll see me later. I can't talk much now. The person replied. The voice was slowly disappearing.

Why can't you talk? I ask.

You can't show me enough right now. Good by-

The voice stops talking. I guess it was a suppressed emotion. Whatever. If I suppressed it there must be a reason. I'll be fine.

- - - - - *time for movie marathon*

Walking into the living room I see the titans are already sitting. Star and Robin are on the love-seat curled up with one another sharing a bowl of 'popped corn' as Star would say.

Cyborg is sitting in a chair off to the side. He has a large bowl of popcorn in his hands.

Beast Boy is on the couch. I sit on the opposite end. As soon as I do he says, "You can't get any popcorn from way over there."

I can hear his smirk. Reluctantly I scoot closer to him.

"Before we start," says Robin taking charge, "Let me set the rules for a certain bet I heard was going on. Any showing of being afraid including your cloak changing colors, hiding behind something, hugging something etc etc count as you losing Raven."

"Got it!" I snap.

As the movie started I was alright. About halfway through the music combined with the idea of one of the main characters dying at any moment got to me.

I slowly scooted towards Beast Boy. Through the televisions light I could see Beast Boy smirk.

Then I locked eyes with him. I just stared into his emerald eyes that looked dark and deep from the television's dark lights.

I was so lost in thought trying to control my growing fear that when the music blasted and the main character was attacked I jump up and my cloak changed from my controlled blue and flashed into a bright purple.

"I think that's enough proof that I've won."

Frick-shiz-crap-ness-overload.

Ugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Looks like it's Beast Boy: 1

Rae: none

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
63.9K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
233K 10.8K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...