Service ➳ n.h [au]

By gymnasliam

wherein a girl is taken to a fancy restaurant by her polite date, but secretly fancies the rude waiter ******... More

Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

6.6K 408 387
By gymnasliam

favorite candy?

*

Mona POV

Harry:

Mona, pick up your phone. I've been trying to call you for the past ten minutes. Stop ignoring me. All the hate, H. x

Harry:

Oops sorry. I didn't mean to say hate.

Harry:

<3

I laughed as I finally picked up the sixth call that Harry had made.

"Jesus Christ, Ramona! Finally!" He yelled into the phone, and I immediately switched him onto speaker.

"What do you want from me? I'm trying to get dressed," I laughed. My eyes tried to decide which - between the only two blue shirts I had - looked best. Liam said to wear something blue and casual, so I would put on a simple t-shirt, with capris of course. In Africa, there wasn't a single day where I didn't wear capris or a skirt of some kind. Too bad most of my wardrobe was changed by Aunt Macy once I moved here.

Eventually I picked the lighter blue, and tugged the cotton fabric over my head.

Harry sighed on the other end, "I wanted to ask you if I could come over later because it's so boring at my house. My mum and Gemma left for some girls night so I have nobody to tell my jokes to."

"What a shame," I told him, while making simple touches my super tight bun. Even though I had to use four hair ties to hold my thick hair together, it was a success. My good friend in Africa, Makeeba, taught me how to do the style. I need to call her sometime.

Harry cleared his throat, "So, can I come over?"

"Well..." I tapped my chin, "I don't know how long Liam and I will be gone, honestly."

Harry scowled, "C'mon, Mona!" He quickly lowered his voice into a husky whisper, "You're going to leave me alone with Robin?"

"He's probably not that bad, Harry. I know he's not your biological father, but give him a chance."

"But it's awkward!" He cried.

Hearing the doorbell ring throughout my house, I perked up and happily exited my bathroom. "Yeah, well get used to it. You'll be fine. I have to leave because the prince is here."

"Prince, my ass," Harry grumbled before I hung up on him and skipped to the front door. I didn't want to keep Liam waiting. He was the knight in shining armor.

Liam was dressed in a baby blue shirt very similar to mine. He also had on darkly colored jeans, which suited him well.

His smile was warm as always, and immediately his muscular arms enveloped me into an extremely warm hug. I sighed dramatically and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Hey beautiful," he greeted, before pulling away from me. "All ready?"

I grinned, quickly pulled my tribal looking bag from the couch, and nodded to Liam. "Yes, i'm ready."

"Alright," he linked his hand with mine and led the both of us to his car. I sat on the passenger side - even though it was the driver's side from where i'm from - and clicked my seatbelt on.

Liam started the car and pulled out, "I hope you don't mind that we'll be meeting up with my mate as well. We're running a booth." He sounded excited.

"I don't mind."

*^*^*^*^*

Niall POV

"Fuck you, man," Zayn blew out smoke in the shape of O's as he laughed, slightly coughing in the process.

"No, lad," I sat a cigarette in between my lips without actually lighting it yet, "I'm serious. My dad wants me to go into University, I didn't know it was your dream or whatever."

It was awkward knowing that one of my best mates wanted to get into University. I felt sort of bad that my excuse of a father could get me and Louis in easily, while Zayn had to struggle. Then again, it was his fault for dropping out of highschool in the first damn place. After all, that was the main reason my father never liked him.

"I don't care anymore. Let's change the topic, yeah?" Zayn snapped, tossing a cigarette to the floor and grinding it into the grass. He quickly pulled out another joint from his pack, and lit it up after placing it into his mouth.

I cleared my throat, still thinking about how I still had this unlit cigarette between my lips. Looking at Zayn made me fucking grateful that I wasn't a chain smoker. He looked like absolute shit.

"Excuse me, sir? Smoking is prohibited in the booths," A woman, with fake blonde extensions in her head and exaggerated red lipstick, approached us. I'm guessing she worked here. "You're going to have to put them out. There are former cancer patients here and - "

"Jesus, woman, you're making my brain ache from your yapping!" Zayn exclaimed, making me nearly burst into hysterics. "I'll put them out when i'm done. Will that satisfy you, yeah?"

I secretly slipped the cigarette from my lips and placed the unused bud inside of my pocket. Shit, if my father caught me smoking at a charity booth he'd certainly be pissed.

"No sir, you need to put it away right now," the woman tapped her foot, hand on her hip.

Zayn scoffed and threw the lit bud to the ground. He noisily stomped onto it, and gave a fake smile to the woman. "Does that please you?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Buy a bracelet?" He tried to persuade the woman, picking up a random green one from the basket that we had set on the table. Nobody bought a single damn thing from us yet. How are we supposed to raise money if people are constantly being stubborn fucks?

The lady picked up the handmade bracelet from Zayn - that we had his sister, Safaa, make - and examined it closely. "You two made these?"

We both nodded, and I reached up to scratch at the bandage around my chest underneath my black shirt. This shit was itchy in the least.

The blonde older woman gave us a suspicious look, before holding the green bracelet in her palm. She didn't seem convinced, but I could give less of a fuck. Either she bought it, or she bought it. "How much?"

"Ten dollars," Zayn grinned.

Her blue eyes widened and she shoved the bracelet towards us. "I'm sorry, boys, but that's too much for a bracelet this simple."

"This simple?" Zayn exclaimed, "I handcrafted this shit with every careful ounce of my being!"

I held in my laughs. The lad really did have jokes every now and then. We didn't have anything to do with the bracelets. Not after we forced Safaa to sit down and make them all damn night, anyway. I felt bad, but at the same time who cared? The girl liked making them for her friends anyhow. It should have been fun for her.

John walked up to the front of our booth just as the woman rolled her eyes and walked in the opposite direction. He was our third partner, and apparently was too late for his own good. John hopped over the stand and positioned himself in between Zayn and I.

"Where the hell were you?" Zayn hissed, pulling up a chair that we had from behind us and sitting in it.

"We haven't even sold a single bracelet!" I told him, my face probably red. "This is all your fault." Actually, we should have just lowered the price. I wouldn't spend ten whole dollars on shit either.

John laughed, "How is your failure my fault? And why hasn't anyone bought them?"

"Well, people are idiots and don't want to spend ten measly euros - shit, I mean dollars," Zayn grumbled. "Don't judge me. I just moved to America two years ago."

"Ten dollars?!" John cried, flipping the price sign over to look at it.

Zayn and I looked at each other for a brief second in confusion before John sighed and showed us the sign. He's stupid. I know what it says. Or at least I think I do.

"It's three dollars for a bracelet, and ten dollars for four bracelets. Not ten for one!" He exclaimed, pointing to the sign. I laughed, and slightly slapped my knee. That was why nobody wanted one. Damn, I wasted all this time and I could have simply looked at the sign again.

"Whatever," Zayn mumbled.

I was about to tell John something, but something - or someone - quickly caught my eye.

The princess, Ramona. She was wearing a plain light blue shirt, and her dark hair was tightly wrapped into a big bun at the top of her head. Her brown eyes smiled, and her brown skin glistened underneath the sun. Her teeth were blindingly white as she laughed. When I saw what she could possibly be thinking was so funny, it didn't surprise me. I'd think Liam was funny too. Funny looking.

Who was I kidding? He was Mr. Nice Guy, Mr. goody-goody. I'm not homosexual, but hell, even I knew he was good looking. He definitely was competition with me, and from the looks of it, he won. He won her over without even trying. And I was nothing at all to Ramona, the African princess.

Nothing.

I kept staring ahead at them. There was a super tall boy that was talking to Liam, and it was pretty damn obvious he was one of his lads. He was wearing a blue shirt, like the other two partners, except darker. I noticed that they had their own booth, too.

My mouth let out a laugh at how stupid it was. They were selling cupcakes. Fucking cupcakes. How much more gay could it get? I would bet anything that it was Liam's damn idea. The thing that surprised me the most was that they had flocks of people buying their shit.

And we could barely sell one damn bracelet.

"Bracelets!" I called, fisting a handful of them and waving them in the air. "Only three dollars each!" I sounded like a pathetic little salesman.

Zayn laughed, "That's not going to do shit, mate."

John grabbed a handful of bracelets and joined me, "I'll show you how it's done." I wanted to ask him what the hell he thought he was doing, but by then he had already made his way onto our booth stand.

I looked at Zayn with wide eyes before looking back at John, who was doing some god awful Stomp The Yard impression. He howled something I could barely understand, and immediately got the attention of multiple people.

"John, get down! You look like an idiot!" I called up at him, but he only let a stupid grin take over his face.

"I am an idiot, my friend."

I wanted to tell him that we weren't even friends, but by then he had continued his ugly dance routine on top of the table. He was a terrible dancer, and resembled a chicken before it was decapitated. Despite how horrific he danced, people laughed and ran up to our stand to get a closer look at what was going on. If I were one of them, i'd trip John honestly so that he would fall off the damn table. Now that would be hilarious.

"Buy a bracelet for three dollars!" He sang in the most awful and off-pitched singing voice i've heard.

"What the actual fuck?" Zayn groaned from beside me. "I can sing better!"

Shortly, people were gathered around our stand. They were laughing, taking videos, and even buying the bracelets. I didn't want admit it, but John really did have a working plan.

"I want four!" An impatient child screamed at me, and I groaned.

"Ten dollars," I told him.

He frowned and held up a five dollar bill, "But this is all I have!"

"Too bad, then. You can only have one," I took the bill and dropped a purple bracelet in the palm of his cotton candy-coated hand. Honestly, I wasn't going to give him change back until John stopped me and told me that I owed the boy two dollars. Griping, I reached into the jar and pulled out two dollars to give back to him.

After giving up the money, I stepped back and let John do the rest of the work. Zayn obviously wasn't doing shit because he was on his phone texting, so why can't I take a break?

Moving my eyes around the mass of people to see what Ramona's booth was looking like, I easily spotted her. She huffed as she arranged a cupcake tray in a specific order. Liam said something to her, and it made a smile spread across her lips. He pulled her into a hug, and she pressed her cheek against his shoulder with that smile still glued to her face. Liam's tall friend who was there, told them something, which made them laugh and finally pull apart from each other. Thank god.

"Niall, why do you look so pissed?" Zayn asked, laughing afterwards.

"I'm not pissed," I snapped.

He laughed again, "Alright, sure mate. Lie to me, then. I saw how your fists balled up, though. You can't hide that."

I rolled my eyes at my friend, "Oh fuck off, Zayn."

He laughed and looked down at his phone once more. Thank Jesus. Normally he'd pester me until I finally told him. In this case, though, i'd never tell him a thing. Zayn would just laugh at my jealousy, and then he would probably try and fucking interfere.

As the people began to clear out, and nearly all of the three hundred bracelets were gone from the basket, we started packing things up. It wasn't time to leave just yet, but we figured we'd go home early anyways.

"Hey, look who it is!"

My head snapped up to see a smiling Liam walking our way, with Ramona by his side. My blood almost boiled at the sight of their hands intertwining.

John whispered, "Who's that?" I only ignored him.

"Niall, what a surprise! This is awesome! I didn't know you were into raising charity money!" He exclaimed, an annoying smile on his face. Ramona looked behind me instead of at me while he was talking.

"I'm not," I told the truth as John shrugged and walked behind me to tell Zayn something about taking down the tables right.

"Oh?" Liam looked confused. "Well, we have a cupcake booth! Would you like one? I can promise you they're delicious."

"I don't have money." That was a damn lie. If anyone knew me, they'd know how wealthy my father was and they would assume that I always had money.

Liam laughed, the most annoying sound i've ever heard. "That's no problem! I won't mind giving one to you for free."

I don't say anything, but he smiles anyway. "I'll be right back, Mona."

"Okay," she tells him before I watch him walk away to the booth where his friend is still selling cupcakes. My eyes instantly shift to Ramona, and I see she put on shades so I can't tell if she's looking at me.

"I like your hair better down," I say quietly so that Zayn and John don't hear me. Those nosey shit heads.

Ramona scoffs - or, what I assume is a scoff. "Liam likes it either way."

"Well at least I tell you the truth."

She puts one hand on her hip and quickly points a finger at me, "Don't try to make it seem like Liam lies to me. He's not anything like you."

I ignore her, "Would you please take off those damn shades? I can't see your eyes." My voice raised a little, but not loud enough for anyone else to hear.

"You don't need to see my eyes." I imagine that she rolled them, as her weight shifts to the opposite leg.

"Yes I do," I argue.

Her eyebrows come together, "Why does it matter?"

"Because I like seeing th - " I stopped mid-sentence when I saw Liam approaching with a cupcake placed in a baby blue napkin that matched his shirt.

"I hope you don't mind red velvet," he smiled.

I look down at the sweet cake that he set before me. It looked like a ten year old girl decorated it. The white frosting was swirled upwards and small chocolate sprinkles were dashed on top of it.

"Thanks," I mumbled. It was forced, but I didn't care. That was the best he was going to get from me. And i'm not eating this shit, either.

"You're welcome," He nodded, and intertwined his hands with Ramona again. I wanted to see her eyes to decipher how she felt, but those stupid ass shades were in the way. She should have listened to me and took them off.

I scratched at my chest bandage, wanting to rip it off already as I awkwardly looked down. Liam was about to say goodbye to me, but Ramona surprised me when she spoke up.

"Does your chest feel any better?" She asked, earning a confused look from Liam. I slightly smiled because of the fact that she hadn't told him yet.

"It's alright," I answered.

She nodded and quickly held onto Liam's hand again, "Good. Bye, Niall."

I chose not to speak as I witnessed them turn around and walk back to their booth. My head shook, and I began to continue packing up the rest of the shit from setting up our booth.

Goodbye, princess.

-

Niall :/

#Ramoniall #Nona or #Miall ???

luv u <3
- Cat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
801K 26.8K 83
When a girl gets a text from an unknown number. | Highest ranking in Fan Fiction: #13 | © 2015 xAUSSIEGALx ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
62K 3K 50
Harry is happy with his boyfriend. He treats him good and he is understanding, he is safe and everything that Harry ever wanted in a guy. But why do...
243K 2.2K 62
One Direction Imagines, Whats more to say? These are some Imagines that I have written by myself :) The Imagines in this Story will surely make you S...