The Keeper

By StrakaLaka

Nana was a unknown princess, her father and mother found out shortly after her birth that she was a keeper. S... More

The Keeper
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

21 2 0
By StrakaLaka

Chapter 1

​"Nana!" The king's voice echoed across the courtyard. The guards scrambled to attention as I flew by them. Morgo, the white stallion underneath me, clicking her hoofs hard against the ground, pulling us closer and closer to the rising bridge. We were going to make it, I could tell we had it this time, at least until I saw the gates closing too. The metal gates clanged together as they locked me in here, in the castle, freedom, gone in an instant.

​I pulled Morgo's lash, she skidded to a stop and we crashed against the gate, she yelped in pain. My hair suck to my face and my red cloak covered my face. My breathing slowed as I realized I would never get out of here, out of this dungeon. The tears stung my eyes and begged for release but I would not give in, I would not cry. Morgo was clicking her hoofs, naying, wanting to keep going. I patted her neck and she shook her mane.

​The doors to the castle broke open, the king had arrived. The yellow sun reflected gold off his head and the ground shook with his every step, breaking the floor beneath him, letting hell leak out from below and seep into his skin. His cherry face on the brink of steaming. "How dare you define me again!" I swear the thunder exploded with his voice, mimicking it.

​"You shall never leave, you will never go out!"

​"You cannot keep me here! I have a right to go out someti-"

​"You have no right! I will never allow you to leave!" His height grew "you will never ever leave and I will be here to make sure of that! Guards!"

​"No!" My desperate cry wouldn't help me though, the guards grabbed my arms and confined me. "You can't do this!"

​"Yes I can! I! AM! THE! KING! And you will learn to do as I say." He screamed and turned away going back into his castle. The woman behind him stayed though, her name Kenna. she was my maid but the guards believed her to be my watcher. She shook her head lightly at me and the guards dragged me away to my tower, to my dungeon, Kenna following close behind. They closed my door with just me and Kenna.

" Oh mistress will you never learn?" she said quietly and then left the room. I wait to hear the lock slide over and then I ran to the windows lined with long, cold metal bars. I was trapped, I would never get out of this dam place.

Continue Reading