•Survival Of The Fittest• |Ow...

By DarellyLucero

•You better run in this wild jungle• Aella Grant will be tested on her knowledge of survival. Running from Ve... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER SIX

2.4K 90 13
By DarellyLucero

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly.

    6.0

Aella let out a gasp when she woke up, groaning she touched the back of her head in case there was blood, she sighed relieved when she saw nothing. She started to stand up carefully and looked up almost closing her eyes for the rain, but there was nothing at her sight only trees blocking her view.

Before she started to walk, she tried to listen her surrounds in case something was close but fortunately she didn't hear anything. Knowing she couldn't climb back to the road started to walk straight but she stood close to the wall.

There were a lot of things in Aella's head. Were her dad and the kids okay? Did the T-Rex kill them? Did they manage to escape in one of the jeeps? She shook her head trying to calm herself, panic wasn't an option in this case it would only make things worse. She was smart, smart enough to figure out the way back to her family, smart enough to survive, she wouldn't let a dinosaur beat her even if that dinosaur was one of the most dangerous ones with the Raptors. Her eyes widened at the thought. The Raptors. Now that would be a problem, she deduced that the reason of why the Rex escaped was because there was no electricity and if there was no electricity then the Raptors could get out of their cage too and she was an easy prey. "And this trip was supposed to be relaxing" she thought.

ON THE OTHER SIDE

"Are going to get eaten by the dinosaur?" Lex asked Grant scared almost in tears. He turned around and started to shake his head.

"No, no, no" he said "We are going to be fine" Tim looked at him.

"What are we going to do?" the kid asked him.

Alan sighed thinking, all his instincts were telling him to leave and look for his daughter, Aella, but he knew he couldn't do that, he couldn't leave the kids alone but also he couldn't take them with him, he had to take them to a safe place then look for his daughter. Managing to give Tim a small smile he talked.

"Alright. We're just going to walk back home. Together" He walked ober to Lex at the culvert and sat across from her "But we can't walk back on the road. There are fences on either side. And if we meet the Rex between here and the lodge we'd -- have problems" Lex covered her ears. Grant tried to calm her "He's probably staked out the road as a feeding ground, which means this whole paddock is empty. It's safe" he sighed "It's safe, and that's the way we're going to go. What do you say?" He spoke calmly and confidently, so Lex crawled out of the culvert and stood next to him "Good girl" He kissed her hand and helped her crawl out of the culvert. Tim and Lex nodded, and he started off in the direction he indicated. They trailed behind him.

"Might be kind of slow, but it can't be more than three or four miles. I'd hoped the Rex finished feeding by now, but let's not kid ourselves. Did you know a carnivore can eat up to 25% of its body weight in one sitting, so he's probably just ready to move on to the main course by now -"  he stopped in the middle of the sentence, noticing he was alone. He turned around. Now both kids had scampered all the way back into the culvert, terrified.

He didn't mention her daughter; he knew if he said her name then the kids would start to think about her and they would probably start to panic, wondering if she was dead or if the Rex found her and ate her. He closed his eye praying his little daughter was okay and safe.

PARK ROAD

Malcolm was lying out in the back of the jeep, feeling something is strange.  He looked down, at the one of the T-Rex footprints in the road. It was filled with water. The water in the puddle started to vibrate rhythmically. Malcolm's eyes widened.  He looked around, frantically.

"Uh - - anybody? Anybody hear that?" he asked muttering.

Mlalcolm was still staring, wide-eyed, at the rings in the water, which were getting bigger.

"It's a - an impact tremor is what it is, it, uh - -" he muttered but stopped at the sounds of the Rex steps "I'm fairly alarmed here" he looked back to see Ellie and Muldoon coming quickly to the jeep "Gotta move, gotta get out of here. Let's go - we gotta go, we gotta get out of here, right now" he was starting to freak out "Go, go. Let's hurry, let's get out of here" he stopped stalking when he heard the booming louder and faster. Much faster. They looked back, over their shoulders.

"Oh" Ellie simple said seeing the water.

Ellie and Muldoon got into the jeep, Muldoon was in the driver's seat.

"Move now. Let's go, let's go, right now, right now" Malcolm shouted. The tyrannosaur smashed out of the jungle foliage, busted onto the road, and ran straight at them "GOGOGOGO" he repeated over and over again hitting the jeep.

Muldoon fumbled for the keys, turned the jeep over, and slammed it into gear. He dropped the clutch, hit the gas, and drove out of there. But the jeep was slow to work through the first few gears. Terrified, Ellie dared to look down, to the side view mirror, which told her "Objects Are Closer Than They Appear." The T-Rex was still gaining on the slowly accelerating jeep.  All three of them stared back at the Rex in terror.

"Faster, faster" Ellie shouted scared.

"Must go faster, it's getting closer - must go faster" Ian shouted terrified, he was the one closer to the dinosaur.

"Faster.  Shit, shit, shit, faster" Ellie cursed. They didn't saw the half-fallen tree branch right in front of them, blocking the path of the road. Muldoon looked back.

"DOWN" he shouted and they all ducked.

The windshield hit the branch and shattered as the jeep flied ahead, really picking up speed now. The T-Rex just ran right through the branch, smashing it entirely.

They were bounced around pretty badly. Malcolm was knocked into the front, and in so doing knocks the gear shift into neutral. The engine raced, the T-Rex closed in again. Losing ground, the dinosaur made a final lunge for the jeep and crunched into the left rear quarter panel.

"Faster, faster" Ellie screamed. But Muldoon slammed it back into gear and gunned it. The T-Rex gave up, fading into the distance. They drove in silence for a few moments, all scared out of their wits.

"Think they'll have that on the tour?" Ian asked without breath and still terrified.

WITH ALAN GRANT

Alan, Lex and Tim were sitting on the top of a tree; the three of them sat there, dangling their legs, looking out over the park. It was an incredible view. They could see in all directions. And with the full moon, there was a lot of detail. Most striking of all were the dozens of brontosaurs heads that was at a view to them.

"Hey. Those are brontosauruses - - I mean, those are brachiosauruses" Tim corrected himself or more like he tried.

"It's okay to call them brontosaurs, Tim.  It's a great name.  It's a romantic name. It means "thunder lizard" Alan told him.

"Thunder lizard!" Tim repeated.

Grant found a solid web of branch and settled himself in it, leaning back against the trunk of the tree, with a little room on either side of him. Lex nestled up next to him on the branch. Grant was surprised, but accepted it.

Tim climbed off to the side, to a nook in the branch of his own. Silent of a moment, the three can hear the hoots of the animals as they call. Some were almost musical.

"Listen to that. They're singing" Alan said fascinated, he moved over to a higher branch "Of course no one's ever heard one from a dinosaur before, but - - I could swear that sounds suspiciously to me like a mating call to me. On an all-girl island?"

He smiled, enchanted.  He hooted himself, trying to imitate one of the calls.  Immediately, five or six of the heads turned in their direction and hooted back.

"No, no, sh, sh, sh - - stop" Lex started to say scared "Stop. Stop.  Don't let the monsters come over here."

"They're not monsters, Lex. They're just animals. And these are herbivores" Alan told her.

"That means they only eat vegetables. But for you, I think they'd make an exception" Tim said to his sister trying to scare her more.

"Tim, Tim, Tim..." Alan warned.

"Oh" Lex breathed relieved "I hate the other kind."

"They're just doing what they do" Alan said to then get off the branch and go back to sit with the kids. Grant shifted, getting comfortable, but something in his pocket pinched him. He winced and took it out.  It was the velociraptor claw that his daughter found days ago.

"What if the dinosaur comes back while we're all asleep?" Lex asked Grant scared.

"I'll stay awake" Alan answered looking at the moon.

"All night?" Lex asked skeptical.

"All night" Alan replied nodding. Tim looked at him.

"You think Aella is okay?" Alan's almost stop breathing at the thought of his daughter.

"I know she is okay" he answered "She is the smartest person I know" he smiled thinking of the times his daughter had managed to outsmart a lot of people.

Both Tim and Lex closed their eyes to sleep. Grant looked at the claw again and sighed, he was thinking of letting it fall to the ground. But instead he kept it in his front pocket. He closed his eyes trying to sleep and not let the horrible thoughts get him.

WITH AELLA GRANT

Aella was tired, an hour ago she had heard the T-Rex's roar, thinking it was close to her she started to run for at least 10 minutes then she stopped to gain her breath.

She knew she need it to sleep but it wasn't safe.

She looked up and saw the trees, inspecting every tree she had close, she finally saw one big enough to fit perfectly and take a nap. She climbed the tree and lay down, now she was grateful she was a small child.

Aella closed her eyes and fell sleep hoping she would had better luck the next morning.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter.

Like always I want to know your thoughts about it. So what do you think about the fact I separate Aella from the others?

HUGE QUESTION how did you find out about the fanfic, I mean mine, I'm curious did you search key words or something like that?

Please comment, vote and/or follow me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 6.8K 19
Erin Harper had finally achieved her goal in life, to become a trainer at Jurassic World, and she was! Erin was the Pterodactyl trainer. Even though...
237K 5.9K 12
Sadie works at Jurassic World. As what, you may ask? As the trainer for the Tyrannosaurus Rex, of course. Not having many friends, she devotes most o...
540K 14.6K 38
[Completed & Under Editing. Sequel out now!] Animal Behaviorist Tess Williams never thought she'd become a trainer at Jurassic World, but after three...
3.8K 173 10
Y/n worked the dig sites with her father. Dinosaurs have always fascinated the young girl, so when the chance arises to visit this new park Hammond w...