My Boss is my Roommate

By wildlyeccentric

"Go away !" I protested,pushing him back. It was hard to resist the urge to pull him in an embrace and kiss... More

My Boss is my ROOMMATE
Chapter - 1 (Start to an Imperfect Fairytale)
Chapter - 2 ( Meeting Mr. Darcy)
Chapter - 3 (Sorry Said Through Spaghetti )
Chapter - 5 (Alcohol Took a Day Off)
Chapter - 6 (Big Day)
Chapter - 7(Chameleon Showed His True Colour)
Chapter - 8 (I Knew You were Trouble)
Chapter - 9 (Believe me, I Wish We didn't)
Chapter-10 (Ugly Truth)

Chapter - 4 (Warning from the Queen Bee)

12.2K 378 34
By wildlyeccentric

                                                           CHAPTER - 4

                                            WARNING FROM THE QUEEN BEE

Next morning I managed to get ready before time. I quickly buttoned my blouse while I walked out of my room. I stopped in front of Ashton’s door and raised my hand to knock. I didn’t know whether it was my cracked up brain or the kind gesture he made last night, I had a strange urge to thank him. It took me hours of self-babbling to gather up courage which finally made me walk up to his room. Before I could even fight with myself again, my hand dropped.

I was such a coward.

 I balled my fist and tighten my lips feeling annoyed at myself, yet again.

So much for noting,

  I was about to walk ahead but a suspicious clatter made me turn back. I walked up to my room, flung open the door and carefully scanned every corner, Noting. I let out a sigh and shook my head in dismay. Clang! I snapped my head back, my heart thumping out of my rib cage. My instincts told me to run back to Ashton’s room, force him to get up and then act Sherlock Holmes. However, if the intruder turned out to be a mouse, I preferred to save the embarrassment for some other day. Slowly, cautiously I walked past my room. I unlocked the storeroom, Noting. I took several small step back with my eyes fixed at the dark unlit room. Suddenly my hands fell upon another doorknob. I turned one eighty degrees at my toe. Sweat dripped down my temples as I turned the knob around. It made a screeching noise, which in silent fear sounded hundred times amplified. I slowly, deliberately opened the door.

The cold white light blinded my eyes. In fear, I took a step back but lost my balance. Instinctively I reached for the wall to support myself. The wall was unnaturally cold and wet. My hand slipped but I managed to keep standing.

What had this robber done to me?

I finally opened my eyes and saw the sole of my wedges resting upon white tiles. I examined the complete floor: white tiles were everywhere. I looked to my right then to my left. Strange arrangements often seen in bathrooms were installed all around.

Toothpaste, Brush, Listerine, Shaving gel, Razor ........ What the fuck!

I looked straight ahead and saw a bathtub covered by beautiful shower curtains. I shifted my neck and saw another bathroom equipment. Was it another exquisite tap or bathtub? I wish it was when I realized it was none other than my naked boss. 

                                                                      ***

I gasped and held my breath.

“WHAT THE FUCK!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I waved my hand around my eyes, letting my palm censor my view.

“What the fuck?” He roared, “You are the one who walked in the bathroom.” Through my fingers, I could see him rushing for a towel.

“I..I , You like an arse left the god damn door open,” I countered, “It is a bathroom ,you fool .”More ‘cling’ ‘clang’ and ‘clatter’ followed in an effort by him to search for a cover.

“So, you like a perverted bitch walked in to check out a guy naked,”He scowled.

“WHAT!” I exclaimed, “Excuse me, I thought there was an intruder in here so I walked in. I had no intention to check out your ... Baby or whatever,”

“So, that is the reason you are standing here facing me,” He condescended.

I looked around realizing he was true, I was actually facing him while he was struggling naked. I quickly turned around, mortified at myself.

“Just so you know-” I started explaining.

“I think you have seen enough live porn for one day,”He muttered.

“I HAD NO INTENTION-” I yelled with anger.

“GET OUT ALREADY!” He shouted at me.

I ran out quickly, picking up my purse on my. He was right I had seen enough action porn for one day.

                                                                               ***

As I steered along the coast to reach my office, every second man I saw jogging along the sea instinctively I imagined him naked. I was just not shocked by the response of my brain to nudism but also internally humiliated and disgusted.

On my way to my cabin, I made sincere efforts to avoid any interaction with a male colleague. Even when Ryan called out my name, I acted as if I didn’t notice him. Maybe gay but he represented the same male reproductive organ.

I ran into Natasha just before I entered my cabin. Her short blonde locks were tied in a messy ponytail and her bangs were let loose over her broad forehead.

“Dump your stuff and rush for the meeting,” She yelled running towards Ashton’s cabin.

“Where is the meeting room or what- ” I started.

“Right next to Darcy’s office ...” Her voice reached my ears almost as a whisper.

Like she said, I dumped my belongings in my cabin and hustled towards Ashton’s cabin. The meeting room was just a few steps away from it. That arse had designed everything according to his convenience.

 The last night’s soft feelings had evaporated in seconds after the morning’s drama. The idea of seeing him again made me very uncomfortable.

“Morning,” I greeted breathlessly, smiling at the girl preached behind the white desk. She looked up at me with big blue eyes. Her skin was pale as snow, her lips were red as rose, her hair darker than night so the name of my boss’ secretary was...

“Minty,” She introduced herself with a childish enthusiasm. I pouted with disappointment realizing her name wasn’t Snowhite. ”You must be Shanaya Quinn, pleasure meeting you.”

I shook hands with her and then entered the meeting hall.

                                                                       ***

I hurriedly settled at my seat, the boss was nowhere to be seen so I made myself busy with Temple Run. I could hardly concentrate at my game as naked Ashton kept stomping in my thoughs. Nervousness started numbing my sense. I bit my inner lip until the skin came off. I looked up and saw Natasha eyeing me. She shot me darts of questions just through her eyes. What is up with you? What are you doing? Did something happen! What is up with the constant lip biting? I shook my head casually and said a silent ‘noting’. She glared at me with suspicion but finally gave in.

Suddenly everybody stopped fooling around, they all straighten their backs and flashed a fake smile.  I ran my eyes to the door and saw Minty escorting Ashton Green the CEO of Westin Advertising Firm. My eyes stoned up to Minty’s face because over that was Ashton’s. My eyes traced his suit but they never once wandered up to his face. I knew the moment I would look up ,our eyes would meet and then.........

“Good morning!”He greeted in his now usual silky tone. “So, we have a new campaign coming our way and it will be very successful if I have all of your support.” He waited for our response, which was almost muted. He finally gestured Minty to start the slide and she in her chirpy yet monotonous tone  told us about the campaign.

The company had a very common story. Once it had been very successful but  lost it’s goodwill . The money invested had gone down the drain. The company dealt in cosmetics and  had recently developed a new product. Therefore, it wanted to re-launch itself. Hence, it yearned for a marketing strategy that forces consumers to buy their product and makes them win back their position in the market.

The problem was simple but the solution wasn’t. We had to do something dynamic, different and eye popping to attract attention. I knew this could be my golden ticket to success and establishing myself here.

After the slide was over Ashton got up. I could imagine his wide sexy smile.

“I need the creative directors to build up their teams ,think about their strategy and present it to me by the end of the week. Then I will decide who will be leading this campaign.......” He announced.

I would be leading this campaign.

I looked up at him with faith and confidence, later realizing what mistake I had done. The moment I looked up, his eyes locked into mine. Those deep olive green eyes adorn by perfect eyelashes, peeped righ into my soul . I soon broke away, shifting my gaze to his sharp nose then to his lips, which were pressed against each other. Our conversation from today morning ran in my mind. Perverted Bitch, Baby or....whatever....

The corners of my lips turned into a smirk, I glanced at him. His face turned red, he looked down avoiding my gaze then suddenly looked up straight into my eyes. The seriousness on his face disappeared in a flash and the sly smirk, which I knew too well surfaced.

“Sir,” Minty whispered to him. He looked at her with a lost expression then excused himself. He shot me one last look and then exited the meeting hall smiling to himself.

“What happened to him?” Ricky whispered in my ear.

I glanced at her, smiling flirtatiously and said, “Tell me about it!”

                                                                                ***

We all walked out of the hall with files in our hands and ambition on our minds. It took me time to collect my papers and prospectus, hence I think I was the last one evacuate the room. Walking right ahead me was this tall woman with a voluptuous body. Without heels, I stand almost five feet eight inches tall. She had worn ballerinas and yet stood just one or two inches shorter than me. She moved with a certain rhythm, swinging her hips, tapping her feet against the cold floor. She suddenly turned around and stopped. Her amber locks cascaded down her shoulders. They were carefully styles to give an authentic retro look. Her heavy eyes judged me under her scrutinizing gaze. She then rolled them in an exaggerated fashion.

Enough Miss I –Like-to-judge- people!

“Hey, I am Topaz!” She said in her seduction induced voice.

“Shan-” I began. She waved her hand in ignorance and said, “I don’t need to know”

Ah..WHAT!

 “Listen, you are young and new here, this all might seem so exciting,” She said, then took a momentary pause and continued, “I have been working here for five years, I know my game. So, I would really appreciate if you don’t finger with it.”

I narrowed my eyebrows and grimaced. I laughed silently at the grimness of the situation. Did she really think that her wry warning would keep me on bay? That I like a ‘coward’ would let a ‘nobody’ like her trample down my career. Sorry bitch, you were mistaken!

“What do you mean?” I asked severely.

“Stay away, stay away from Ashton,” She warned, “I saw the way you smiled at him and if I want I can squash your career within seconds. Advertising is a dirty business, it is a dog eats dog situation here.”

“Listen Miss Arse-paz, I think I know my job. Bitches like you don’t scare me!” I muttered clenching my teeth. “And if Ashton is concerned, have you ever looked at yourself!”

She gasped at my bluntness, tighten her big pouty lips and mumbled, “Wha-”

“Shut up!” I demanded , “Next time before you give an advice to a  newcomer, just pray it is not me because starting from today Miss Topaz  you’ll regret every word you just said to me.”

I flaunted a sarcastic smug and walked away.

“You’ll reg-” She yelled from behind.

“Warn the walls, Bitch!” I shouted ,shrugguing my shoulders

A Queen Bee driven by her insecurities, this journey would be fun!

I hope you like this chapter !!!! Do keep reading and show me some love by voting or commenting. I would really respect all of yours opinions :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

962K 67.8K 69
You are angry I know, I know I was wrong, I did wrong, if you are mad then hit me, slap me, punch me, hurt me physically, I would bear that, but don'...
204 0 71
"Ace if they walk in my room and see you, they'll kill you." I said. "Darling." He said brushing my hair back, "You need to stop worrying so much. Ju...
983 155 49
He slams me into the wall and I can feel his heavy breath on my neck. "What's wrong-" I ask but he cuts me off by putting his finger on my lips. He p...
292K 9.1K 34
"I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you right now,"he whispered in my ear as he breathed down my neck leaving small kisses here and there. ...