Otokage

بواسطة writer168

"He chose your fate. You have to take over his job. His village. His place in the world. This is the life you... المزيد

Doorstep
Sky
A Done Deal
Selection
Allies: Part One
Allies: Part Two
Allies: Part Four
The Man Who Called Himself God
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November: Part 1
November: Part 2
December
Rokudaime
The Exchange Program
Rumor Mill
Six Kage Summit
Six Kage Summit: Part Two
Konohagakure (Last Chapter)

Allies: Part Three

37.9K 2K 1.2K
بواسطة writer168

"I'm really starting to doubt your tracking skills."

"Like you're one to talk, shark teeth! I'm the chakra sensor around here-- not you! And Uchiha Itachi is in this direction!"

"Tch. You're leading us on a goose chase."

Karin bashed her fist into Suigetsu's head, grimacing as it liquefied and soaked her sleeve.

"Now look what you've done!"

"It's your own damn fault for assaulting me, bitch face!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes and bit into his onigiri. It had been two whole weeks since he had gathered all the members of Team Hebi and really, he was starting to think that this wasn't such a good idea after all. Juugo was pleasant to have around as he tended to keep to himself and only spoke when it was absolutely necessary. His fits of rage were minimal, and even when he did go berserk, the level of irritation of his transformations were nowhere near close the level of irritation of this other two teammates.

Karin was even more annoying and flirtatious than Sakura had ever been. If she wasn't clinging onto him, she'd be arguing with Suigetsu. Suigetsu was normally indifferent to his surroundings, but once he got into a fight with Karin, the two never seemed to stop going at each other's throats. It was like the old Team Seven, but more tiresome.

Even their breaks were loud and obnoxious.

Sasuke glanced over at Juugo who was contently reading through a Universal Bingo Book to try and find a person they could cash in to replenish their funds. He wondered how someone could keep a smile on his face even with all this endless noise. Suddenly, Juugo's face grew confused as he read one of the pages.

"That's odd..."

Sasuke swallowed the piece of his onigiri.

"What is?"

"This entry. Konohagakure no Sato is offering more for her to be returned alive rather than the black market is offering for her death. I wonder what's so special about Haruno Sakura." Juugo mumbled. Sasuke froze for a few seconds before extending his hand.

"Give me the book."

Once it was in his grasp his eyes went to the corner picture. Sure enough, it was her.

Basic Information

Name: Haruno Sakura

Age: 16

Village: Konohagakure

Village Rank: Jounin

Personal Data

Date of Birth: March 28

Blood Type: O

Height: 161 cm (5'3")

Weight: 45.4 kg (110 lbs)

Bloodline Limit: N/A

Data

Rank: B

Status: Unknown

Organization: Unknown

Alliances: Unknown

Wanted for: Leaving Konohagakure

Other Notable Information

Has trained under the sannin Tsunade. Is able to utilize chakra-enhanced strength and is a high-ranking medic. Considered a traitor. Proceed with caution.

Sasuke's jaw tightened.

::

Kabuto was looking worse for wear the week Sakura had gone off looking for allies. His thoughts were in a million places with both Sakura's and Orochimaru's words bouncing off the frayed edges of his mind. He already sent Sasame and Kotohime to start implementing the new curriculum in all the schools, and currently, he was managing the money the high ranking shinobi were bringing in. And as it stood, he could only start donating little by little to construction and public services.

But there still was far too much to consider!

He was tempted to start banging his head on the desk and wait for someone to just end his life, but he resisted the urge. There was a time and place for everything, but not now. Kabuto took in a deep breath and sat up in his chair, rubbing at his face to try and wipe away the look of sleep deprivation. So far, it wasn't doing him any good.

And what was he doing here, anyways? Sakura gave him the choice to leave. He could get up at this moment right now, drop all the work, and walk away with all the information he had. He could even tell her enemies, Konoha especially, where she was and watch her be incarcerated for her actions. Granted, he prompted them, but it wasn't like he was on good terms with her anyways.

'... I'll give it some more thought.' Kabuto decided eventually, 'It wouldn't hurt to bide my time.'

There were a series of knocks on the door.

"Come in." he sighed. The door slowly pushed open, revealing an older woman that Kabuto recognized immediately.

"Rinha?"

"Yes. Hello." Marisu greeted, raising an eyebrow at the man's disheveled appearance, "I'm Rinha Marisu, as you seem to already know, and I came here on Haruno Sakura's behalf. She said she wanted me to take up the position as Chief of Medicine."

Kabuto leaned forward, his hand sliding up his face to grab at his unbound hair.

"What."

"Haruno Sakura said she wanted me to take up the position as Chief of Medicine." she repeated. Kabuto pinched the bridge of his nose in disbelief. Sakura was only gone for barely a week and she had already gotten her first ally. He stood.

"I see. Follow me and I'll lead you down to the hospital. I suggest you review the patients first before moving on to train the doctors and medics-- it's been a long while since I've been able to check myself." he said.

Yes, he would bide his time. He would see how far Sakura would go before deciding to stay or leave.

::

Nadeshiko Village was built atop three steep hills that were aligned, the largest portion being the hill in the center. Two iron bridges connected each body of land, creating the image of a stronghold rather than a village.

"I've been here many times." Bunko said, eyes sweeping over the village, "The kunoichi truly are formidable here. Did you request an audience with their leader?"

Sakura scratched the back of her head with a sheepish chuckle.

"No. I'm gathering allies on a whim so I don't know if they're going to say yes to me or not." she admitted. Bunko hummed.

"The leader is a young one such as yourself. I'm positive that she'll understand your plight."

"Well, here's hoping."

Bunko flew off the woman's shoulder and assumed a new perch on a tree just outside the village. Sakura drew in a deep breath and approached the village entrance at the base of the largest hill. The gate guards regarded her curiously.

"Hello, ma'am." one of them politely acknowledged, "What brings you to Nadeshiko Village?"

"My name is Haruno Sakura and I'm the current leader of Otogakure."

The guards straightened.

"I came here to speak with Shizuka-sama about a possible treaty between our villages. I understand that I appeared on extremely short notice and I'm more than willing to wait for an opportunity to talk if she isn't available."

She watched as the guards conversed quietly with each other before one of them walked up to her, offering a short bow of respect.

"I believe Shizuka-sama doesn't have any major plans for today. If you'll follow me, Haruno-sama, I can take you to her office."

Sakura complied with a friendly smile. As they walked through the village, she was still surprised to see that most of the people she saw were women. That matrilineal line must really be no joke here. The people were jovial, making Sakura give a genuine smile. Nothing would make her happier than to see Otogakure eventually get so the same state as Nadeshiko.

The guard led her to the central tower and up to the top floor. She directed Sakura to stand just a little ways away from the office. After a minute or two of being alone, the guard came back out to meet Sakura.

"Shizuka-sama is able to see you now."

The first thing the Otokage saw was the tall, imposing kunoichi standing beside the desk. Her eyes were dark and narrow with her angular face framed by short, spiked brown hair. An unusually long katana was strapped against her back. Seated at the desk, presumably, was Nadeshiko's leader Shizuka. True to Bunko's words, the woman looked young-- perhaps a only a few years older than herself. Her long black hair was pulled up into a ponytail, and her deep green eyes were blank as they observed the stranger.

"Otogakure's leader, Haruno Sakura? A pleasure to meet you. Etsu-san says that you've come here to discuss a treaty." Shizuka said.

"Ah, yes. You see, I've been in Otogakure for about three weeks now. I've been trying to fix the problems and raise the economy as quickly as I could. And in all honesty, I've only been able to do so by a fraction of a percent. If I keep at the rate I'm going, it'll take far too much time to get the village where I want it to be. My only possible solution was to gather allies." Sakura explained, "Of course, once Otogakure reaches its full capacity, I will repay you for the inconvenience it caused in the beginning."

Shizuka silently mulled over the idea, her attendant glancing over to her casually.

"... Say we do make this treaty and we offer you our help. What makes you so sure that Otogakure will ever reach its potential? I've heard the rumors. It isn't exactly in good shape."

'What did I say?'

"It will." Sakura stated firmly, eyes hardening in determination, "I know you have no reason to believe me, nor any reason to help me, but Otogakure deserves better than what it was given. Someone gave the chance to help these people and I'll be damned if I'm going to let it get any worse."

She quickly realized how rude she must've sounded and tried to rectify her words.

"That is-- Sorry-- I didn't mean--"

Shizuka raised a hand.

"No, no. I shouldn't have doubted your plans. So, if we do push through with a treaty, it sounds like you want something from us immediately. What is it that you require? Supplies? Money?" she asked. Sakura shook her head.

"None of that, actually. All I need are some of your shinobi. Ten, maybe fifteen at most."

Shizuka's eyes narrowed a fraction.

"And your reasoning behind this?" she questioned.

"What I know of the Nadeshiko Village is that it's full of incredibly strong kunoichi that get stronger with every generation. If I can get some of your kunoichi to come to Otogakure, I can address one of the root problems in terms of power-- the Academy students and the genin." Sakura began, "Since the village hasn't had a leader in so long, nothing has been done to properly educate future shinobi. With such a success Nadeshiko Village has become with their power, I request for some of your people to come to re-teach Academy students, re-teach Academy sensei, and maybe become genin-sensei."

Nadeshiko's leader leaned back in her chair as she took the other woman's words into consideration. What she was asking for wasn't much, and really, was a rather low price for a treaty. It was also such an odd thing to ask for. She then looked up at Sakura's, seeing the confidence and true intent written on her face.

"... Tokiwa."

The tall woman inclined her head.

"Yes, Shizuka-dono?"

"Gather twenty kunoichi. Preferably ones that work well with small children. Once you've done so, assemble in my office."

Tokiwa bowed at both Shizuka and Sakura before excusing herself from the office. The older woman then turned to the other occupant in the room, a small smile on her face.

"So? Shall we continue discussing the terms of our treaty?"

::

"The situation is getting much better." Marisu said as she shuffled through some hospital files, "The staff here are quick learners. They ask a lot of questions, but they're a good lot."

Kabuto jotted down the information on his clipboard. Marisu had only been here for about five days and the changes to the hospital could already be seen happening bit by bit. About six more months of this fast pace, then she could go assess the smaller clinics and such that was spread around the village. Another daunting task, seeing that she was only one person.

"But?" he urged. Marisu sighed.

"But medicinal herbs and medical supplies are low. Did Haruno-sama say anything about getting them on her quest for allies?"

"No."

"Well, I'm sure she knows of this. We'll get the help we need sooner or later."

Kabuto stopped writing on the clipboard to adjust his glasses.

"... And you trust in her?"

She put her hands on her waist and pursed her lips.

"Why not? Someone who doesn't care wouldn't come this far." she said. He hummed to himself and looked back down at the clipboard. That was true... Soon enough, there was a knock on the door followed by the entrance of a large group of intimidating looking kunoichi.

"Can I... help you?" Kabuto questioned slowly. One of them stepped forward.

"Yakushi Kabuto? We're here to train Academy students and genin on Haruno-sama's request."

He blinked.

...

"What."

::

Catch the Pokemon reference?

Shout out to Professor Rowan from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl who wouldn't let me use my goddamn bike inside buildings. Asshole.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

518K 16.6K 43
When the war had come to an end, rumors spread that Uchiha Sasuke was dead. Three years had passed since the war was ceased, Tsunade received a lette...
4.7K 243 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...
905 45 9
❀︙Sakura-centric︙Coming to the realization that she can't keep being ignorant to the ways of the Shinobi World, Haruno Sakura does everything in her...
69.5K 3.9K 35
~SEQUEL TO ANOTHER TAKE~ After leaving Konohagakure, Kiyomi Himura, host of Fenrir, set out first for the mountains where her teacher, Ryuuko of the...