Did You Say My Husband...

By AH0PELESSR0MANTiC

Jeremy Rodriguez, a young police officer -One of Seattle Police Departments finest- has a horrific accident t... More

Warning
00. Prologue
01. The Waiting Game
02. Missing You
03. What Are Bestfriends For ?
04. A Sight For Soar Eyes
05. First Impressions
06. (Part 1) Welcome To Reality....
07. (Part 2) Welcome To Our Reality...
08. I Won't Give Up On Us...
09. Unwanted Nightmares &' Questions....
10. The Truth....
12. A Broken, Shivering House
13. His Little Bird....

11. Home Invasion....

11.4K 395 52
By AH0PELESSR0MANTiC

Chapter Eleven

Home Invasion....

Point Of View: Christopher

I reached over and hit the snooze button on the alarm clock, but the noise continued. I hit it again trying to silence it before the body in my arms woke up, but it just kept ringing. Ringing? It took me a full minute to realize it was my phone. The person on the other end was persistant because once it stopped only a few seconds went by before it was going off again. It was still ringing when I managed to reach across the now stirring body to grab the phone.

"Yeah."

"Chris?"

"Derek?"

"Yeah, man, it's me."

I tilted my head to look out the window and saw that it was still dark outside. What the f..."Jesus, Derek. What time is it?"

"It's around three."

I groaned loudly, then cursed softly at myself when the body in my arms shifted once again. Somebody better be already dead or on the verge of dying. "Why in the hell are you calling me at three in the morning? You weren't on duty last night? And, this better not be a friendly call, cause come a reasonable time in the morning I will come to your house and strangle you."

"Ha-Ha," he said dryly. "No man I wasn't on duty and you know I wouldn't wake you unless it was something important. I got a call an hour ago about a possible brake in at a house."

"I'm assuming something or someone was found, otherwise you wouldn't be calling me so early," I whispered.

"Damn straight. I found something, but you aren't going to like it." He sighed heavily, sounding warn out.

"Lay it on me," I replied, thinking about the worse case scenerios.

"It was your house, Chris. The whole place is ransacked; it looks like a damn tornado went through the place. I don't even think they stole anything, just wanted to tare the place apart. But, that's not even the worse part." He summerized sounding pissed off.

"What?" I asked, much more alert and coherent then I was a moment ago.

"It's set up like a gay-bashing."

"That's not a coincidence," I muttered in thought. "The man that broke into our house claimed that he had to make the whole thing look like a gay-bashing too."

"Yeah, he did say that," Derek confirmed. I could picture him on the other end of the phone his head nodding and lips pursed. "Whoever did this spray painted the windows and doors with derogatory words."

"Damn, i'll be there as soon as I can?"

"Are you bringing Jer along? It's pretty gruesome."

"Yeah, i'm sure he'll want to come. He hates being in the dark about whats going on, especially sence he doesn't remember anything. You know how stubborn he can be."

"Ain't that the truth," I could hear his laugh before he ended the call.

Sighing, I gently got out of bed, pulled on a pair of dark blue jeans, a black shirt, and stuffed my phone in the back pocket of my pants. I swiftly turned to face the bed where Jeremy was lying on his side; arms reaching unconciously for my body that was no loger there. Hercules was curled up to his back, his long body taking up most of the queen sized bed. That explains why I was squished up against the wall.

I sat down on the side of the bed next to Jer after shooing Hercules out of the door. I really didn't want to wake up his peaceful slumber, but I knew he would want to tag along. Plus, he had a right to know what was going on sence it involved him. I just hoped he wouldn't be overwhelmed once he found out some spycho was out to kill him. But who in their right mind wouldn't be overwhelmed when the found out something like that. With him just getting out the hospital for a second time and still recovering from the first, I hope it wouldn't set him back. I knew he would have a bucket load of questions for me once he saw the house, and this time I knew I was in for a lashing.

I looked down at the soft features of his face, they were almost feminine but still with a subtle strong jaw line. His wavy, almost curly dark brown hair was longer then it usually was from being in the hospital for so long. It was messily tousled framing his face and cascading around the white pillow. His beautiful golden brown eyes were hiden behind pale eyelids with long dark eyelashes contrasting against his cheecks. His small nose twitched every other moment, lips parted slightly; his bottom lip fuller than the top.

He was simply beautiful.

I couldn't imagine my life without him. My only goal now was to keep him safe, no matter the consequences.

"Jer, wake up, buddy," I spoke loudly.

Those big golden brown eyes that I just could never get enough of opened slowly and struggled to focus.

"Come on, babe. Wake up." I shook his shoulder gently.

"What time is it?" He asked grogily with his eyes still closed.

"A quarter to three," I replied.

Jeremy huddled deeper into the cover, moving around until he eventually fell still. "Why are you up so early? Sleep."

I smiled at the frown gracing his lips as he tried to get comfortable once again. He had no idea how bad I actually wanted to lay back down and wrap his slender body into my arms. "Nuh-uh, come on. Up. Something happened."

"What happened?" He sat up instantly, wincing in pain from the sudden movement. His sleepy, raspy voice sent shivers down my spine, I literaly had to think of something disgusting to dissapitate the problem that was growing in my jeans.

"Hey, Jer. Relax. Take a few deep breaths for me," I soothed, he was practically having a panic attack. I gently grabbed his upper arm and helped him scoot to the edge of the bed. I stooped down in front of him and gently rubbed my hands up and down his arms. Once it seemed his beathing was back to normal I explained. "Someone trashed our house. I was told whoever went through it messed it up pretty bad. I know you probably don't remember it, and it might not hold much of importance to yo-"

"What? No!" Jeremy interrupted mid sentence, looking angrily up at me. "Just because I don't remember all the memories we've built in our house doesn't mean I don't have a connection towards it. It was still our house."

I watched him fold his arms across his chest, his bottom lip pocking out a bit. Damn, how I wanted to take it into my mouth and suck on it until it was puffy and bruised. He honestly didn't know what he did to me.

"You're absolutely right, i'm sorry," I apologized, shaking my head to rid it of that thought.

"Right, i'm right." He muttered.

"You're pouting," I replied trying to hide my smile.

"I am not," he pouted.

"Yes, you are," I countered once again as a full blown smile graced my lips. I stood up and took a huge step back as the need to kiss those pink lips became overwhelming.

"Whatever," he shrugged and stood up to take a look around or to hide the blush coating his cheeks. "Wait, where are we?"

"We're at Mom's house." I answered as I pulled the duffle bag I stuffed with his clothes out of the closet and placed it on the bed.

"How did I get here? I was sleep."

"I carried you." I answered simply with a wink over my shoulder at him.

His cheeks heated up cutely once again. That was one of the things that drawed me towards him when we first met, the way he could blush so easily. It still amazed me and turned me on; how adorable he was when he blushed.

"I'll be in the kitchen when you're finished dressing," I smiled at his obvious embarrassment. "Just descend the stairs and make a right, you can't miss it."

"Kay," he mummered softly avoiding eye contact with me as he rummaged through the duffle bag.

"Morning," I whispered in his ear and kissed him on the temple before heading towards the door without a look back. I just knew he was blushing.

_______________________________________

"Would you like some french toast and coffee?" I asked from within the refridgerator when I heard footsteps round into the kitchen.

"No, thank you," he mummered sounding sheepish.

I looked over my shoulder studying him. He looked embarrassed, but I had no idea why. He was wearing a pair of faded blue jeans that hugged his body in all the right places. A plain white button-up shirt that he rolled up to his elbows, the top two buttons were undone, showing off a bit of the smooth creamy skin of his chest. You could tell he had wet his hair a bit and ran his fingers through it a few times to give it this sexy tousled look.

I snapped out of my admiring when he cleared his throat. I looked away from his lean body to look into his face, his eyes were darting around the kitchen, with a blush coating his usually pale cheeks. God, I seriously just wanted to take him right here, right now, and on the kitchen counter.

However I knew that was impossible right now with his injuries and most important amnesia. For one, he wasn't completely comfortable with me and I needed to take it step by small step. Also, I refuse to rush him into anything of that sort of nature; when he was ready, he would be ready. Until then I could wait as long as it took, he was most important, I would just have to get reaquanted with my hand.

"Coffee would be nice," He replied.

"Jer, you didn't eat last night, you really should eat something," I advised lovingly with a bit of concern. I was worried about his lack of appetite. He had already lost weight from when he was in the coma for so long. Shit, I was worried he'd break just from bumping into something the wrong way.

He just shrugged and hung his head sheepishly, looking everywhere but at me. I sighed softly feeling the tension rolling off him.

"Hey, it's fine. Coffee sounds good to me," I smiled trying to ease his mind.

"Thank you," he replied shuffling from foot to foot with a small smile on his lips. It was small, but i'd take what I could get.

"Have a seat, i'll get you a cup," I offered. Just as those words left my mouth, Hercules came bounding into the kitchen barking happily with his tail wagging crazily.

"Sssh, boy!" I tried to hush him or he'd wake up the dead, including the whole family. I sighed heavily as I watched in frustration as Hercules tail hit his bowl full of water. It went sliding across the tiled floor, water flying everywhere before it came to a stop hitting one of the cabinets.

"You look like you'll have your hands full, i'll get it," Jeremy spoke over Hercules constant barking with amusment shining in his bright eyes. I smiled, grabbing a wash cloth and proceeded to clean up the spilled water.

"Hush," I stated in a demanding tone and sighed in relief as Hercules settled down. I scratched behind his head, "You're a little too excited this morning seeing Jer home."

"Umm...."

I looked up from my task and over my shoulder to see he had stopped short of the cabinets, his golden eyes narrowed in thought, and his fingers raking through his hair.

"Right," I smiled as he turned to look at me obviously annoyed at not remembering where anything was placed. "The cabinet above the coffee maker."

"Would you like some too?" He asked timidly as he pulled out a mug and filled it with coffee.

"Yes please," I replied over my shoulder as I finished pouring water into Hercules bowl and kibble into another. I grabbed the travel mug he held out to me, smiling at him thankfully before taking a tentative sip. I paused to stare at Jeremy in complete surprise.

"What?" He asked once he noticed me staring at him, a blush automatically spreading across his cheeks.

"How did you know?" I asked in complete awe.

"Know what?" He asked back confused, his brows scrunched up.

"How'd you know I took my coffee this way?"

He paused in his movements looking up at me as if I had grown another head before it must have dawned on him what I was saying. He was silent for a good five minutes with a blank expression on his face, it scared the living out of me. It was the same exact expression he wore when he had first saw me walk into his hospital room.

"I don't know," he spoke softly once he snapped out of it. "It was like an automatic thought. I knew wich mug to grab and how you liked your coffee; a bit of cream and three spoons of sugar."

I continued to stare at him, a smile gracing his pink lips; a genuine smile at that. "We'll definately have to tell your doctor about that," I smiled walking towards the mud room.

"I remembered something too!" He said out of the blue excitedly as he followed behind me.

Before I got to the door that led to the garage I stopped in my tracks and spun around. Jeremy ran into my chest, taken by surprise at my abrupt movement.

"Whaaa...." He trailed off. I steadied him with my hands on his shoulders taking a small step back to give him some space.

"You remembered something?" I asked, he nodded. "what was it about?" I asked eagerly. I couldn't believe he actually remembered something. This was definately a step forward. Would he remember everything soon?

"Don't we have to go?" He asked.

"Right," I sighed. "Let's get going. Derek will wonder where i'm at." I looked Jer over carefully as he stood in front of me. "Are you sure you're up for this. It could be pretty nasty, I could go in first to check it out."

"No," he paused looking me in the eyes. "I want to go in with you, right beside you. We're in this together, right?"

"Right," I smiled down at him as he peered up at me under in eyelashes, blushing. Opening the door that led to the garage, "You'll have to tell me about that memory of your's some time soon."

He was smiling beautifully and nodding his head as I held the door open for him. Yeah, he'll be just fine.

_______________________________________

The house was a disaster. It looked as if a tornado went through it multiple times, and just for shits and giggles decided to throw blood and guts across the walls and doors. The minute we pulled into the drive-way you could see the slurs painted on the doors and windows. The house once had a wrap around porch but now the railings were broken into pieces. Most of the windows were broken, the ones that weren't had paint on them. The screen door was on the ground bent in a wierd way, and the door was hanging off it's hinges awkwardly. The swinging seat we had set out, along with chairs were broken and smashed.

I left Jeremy standing along the wreckage of the porch while I went inside for a quick look around and to talk to Derek. The house was a complete mess. I found Derek standing in the middle of the living room, or what use to be it.

"Hey, man." I greeted with a heavy sigh. I was pretty hurt that someone could be so hateful. All the hard work and dedication me and Jer put into making this place a home was now gone. This was our first home together, our safe haven. Now, I didn't know what the hell to call it. I was beyond pissed that someone would do this to us. To Jeremy most of all, he didn't need this shit now. He didn't need it ever.

"Hey," he replied looking solemn. "Sorry about your place, I know how much it meant to you guys."

"Yeah, it sucks." I said as I looked around my surroundings. Everytime I glanced at something that was broken that meant a great deal to us, I would just get more angry. I sighed heavily, shaking my head, "The good thing is that this," I waved my arms around me indicating the entire house, "it can be replaced. The one thing that can not is still here with me and honestly he's all that matters."

A tick formed in his jaw as he feigned looking around thoughtfully. He was pissed, but at what I had no idea. I narrowed my eyes at him curiously, he smirked shaking his head, "Where's that husband of yours?"

"Just outside," I pointed over my shoulder with my thumb, still looking at Derek and trying to figure out what was running through that thick head of his.

"Well don't leave him waiting asshole," he chided pushing me towards the door, "he just got out the hospital, he still needs time to recover."

Now that was the Derek I knew. I rolled my eyes before heading to the door to retrieve Jeremy. Derek was right, Jer had only been out the hospital for a few hours. He still needed rest, plus he wasn't properly eating. I needed to get this over with as soon as possible and get him home. No matter how horrible our home was destroyed, Jer came above all.

I'm hoping he can catch a break soon.

"Is it bad?" He asked just as I stepped out of what should have been the front door. His arms were folded across his chest; hands grasping each of his elbows. He looked scared and I didn't particularly like that look on him.

"It's...." I trailed off trying to come up with the appropriate word, but failed. "Yeah."

Jeremy walked up to me with a frown gracing those sweet lips. He paused for only a second before rushing to me and throwing his arms around my neck. To say I was stunned would be an understatement. For a few seconds I couldn't even comprehend what was going on. He was hugging me. Jeremy was actually hugging me. Still a little astounded I slowly regained movement in my limbs and wrapped my arms around his small waist and lifted him off the ground so he wouldn't have to strain himself, and I wouldn't have to bend so far down.

"Hey," I mummered softly once I heard him sniffle. "It's okay, Jer."

"I-I know..." He choked out, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. "I'm just....i'm scared."

"It'll be fine." I replied automatically, hoping to relieve some of his fear. "The important thing is that you're here and alive. There is nothing I won't do to keep you safe."

I felt him nod his head as he squeezed me tighter. I pulled him closer, his legs dangling a few inches off the ground.

"I love you, baby." I whispered, holding him tighter.

The honest truth was...

I was just as scared as him.

_______________________________________

A/N: Hey lovlies, you see that dedication up above ? Yeah, that one ! You should definately go read her stories, they're flippin' awesome ! I'm talking rolling-on-the-floor-can-not-get-enough-awesome ! Every single one of them &' there's quit a few ! Yes, you ! I'm talking to you, you're the only one reading this ! Well....what are you waiting for ? Click on the dedication above &' go read em' ! Go, go, go ! lol, wait, before you go, don't forget to vote, comment, &' fan/follow (well, only if you want to, no pressure)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

990 169 13
Bailey Cooper's life gets turned upside down when his memory is completely stripped from him. Without knowing who you are or anything about your life...
332 19 41
22-year-old Jed Pearce had it all - fame, money, a band of brothers, world-wide recognition, and two albums that went platinum. After losing the per...
926K 31.5K 43
Being the son of the sheriff puts a huge target on Liam's back. Innocent, shy, Liam Rawley is a victim of harassment by some of the older boys in tow...
The Sun By batareader

General Fiction

85 0 43
A cop and an insurance agent try to track down a killer who is out to get them first. Through loss, amnesia, and bullets, will they get the bad guy f...