The perfect timing (In Editin...

由 JustmeN

I'm not like wonder woman, supergirl or catwoman. The only similarity we share is that we all have an extraor... 更多

Plot
Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9-
Chapter 10-
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 15-
Chapter 16-
Chapter 17-
Important
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20-
Chapter 21-
Chapter 22-
Chapter 23-
Chapter 24-
Chapter 25-
Chapter 26-
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28-
Chapter 29-
Chapter 30-
Chapter 31-
Chapter 32-
Book 2 and help!
The second book is out!

Chapter 14-

1.5K 90 15
由 JustmeN

Kitty and Wyatt stop arguing when I walk out of the room, leaving Slade behind, who is too occupied reading his notes.

"So?" Kitty asks. "What did you talk about in there? We weren't able to listen to your conversation. We only could see your lips moving," she says with a slight pout and I chuckle at her expression. She looks even younger and her cheeks are red from rambling on without taking a breath.

"Well," I start and recall the scene with Slade in my head. "First he told me some basic facts and after that we talked about my power. He gave me many stuff to think about," I add.

"I'm sure he did," Juliette suddenly interfere. She steps towards me and puts one hand reassuringly on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly.

"I'm going to talk to him now. You should show Celia around. Maybe start with the training room so she gets familiar with it" she announces and leaves to see Slade.

It seems like a habit of hers to command people around.

But before either of them show me around Wyatt puts in. "But first you have to tell us about your power!"

Kitty nods eagerly about his request and even Eric shows his approval. He pouts like a puppy and I laugh at his expression. It reminds me over their guesses earlier.

"Guys, she doesn't need to tell you anything if she doesn't want to," Reece argues and I look at the guy, who has been quiet all the time. He openly stares back at me.

"No, it's fine Reece. I want to tell you," I say giving him a short appreciated smile.

Then I avert my gaze from him and turn my attention towards the rest of them, who are waiting for my answer impatiently.

"I'm able to freeze time around me and in the meantime I'm the only one who is able to move around," I explain. I wait for there reaction and it takes them a while to give me one.

Wyatt whistles," That is even better than walking through walls."

"Impressive," Eric comments and it is the same word I described his power.

I see the fascination in Kittys eyes and even Reece seems impressed. That also means that he didn't know all details about my power.

"Can you show us your power?" Kitty then wants to know and I froze at her words. She noticed my discomfort and immediately adds, "But you don't have to."

"No, it's not that. I just can't control my power," I admit slightly embarrassed.

"Don't worry about that," Eric comments, smiling at me.

"You only need practice and in no time you are able to do it," Wyatt says and gives me a big smile. And I don't know why, but his smile has something devious.

Suddenly Eric begins to laugh loudly and none of us understand why. He hasn't gone crazy in a few seconds has he?

"Oh, I'm just laughing, because we are kind of stupid," he tells us and I'm not the only one who raises his eyebrows in confusion.What is he talking about?

"We can actually never see Celia's power, because we are frozen in time when she uses it," he clarifies and suddenly his laughing makes sense.

There is some mumbling of approval. But is that true? I remember the accident with Aiden and suddenly that statement has a bitter after taste. Though I don't tell them and keep it a secret.

"Okay, the question about her power is finally solved and we can go now to the training room," Reece announces.

"Let the way," I tell him and after that we all follow him outside.

It doesn't take us long to get to the training room. It is at the end of the hallway I have used yesterday as well. Everything looks so much bigger than I expected and the training room is no exception.

A few teenagers are already inside the room. They are working with some coaches on their power and I'm immediately fascinated with what I see. The room itself is separated in different sections. For example there is a section were you can train your power and nothing is around you and there is a boxing ring where you can train your body and fight against others. There is also a part, where you can train with different kind of weapons.

A few of the teenagers give me a curious glance when I walk in, but I'm too fascinated too care. Right now I watch two teens working on their power. I is an amazing sight and I can't keep my eyes of them

First there is a guy, who is able to light up fire with his bare hands. He is standing in the middle of a circle and is surrounded by torches and big candles. With no problem he lights every single one. For that he uses different kinds of fireballs in various sizes. In not even thirty seconds the room is lit by his firelight. And only after that I take a closer look at the guy himself. His hair matches his power well, because they are fire red. I don't know if it is his real hair color or if he colored them. His face has freckles all over it and he is a tall guy.

The second person is a little girl, with her twin sister. Well, that is what I think first. But she doesn't have a twin sister and it turns out that she can multiply herself. Out of two identical looking girls another one appears and in the end about ten are standing next to each other.

"Wow," I say in amazement. 

Kitty laughs at my expression. "You like it?" she ask me. 

"Yes it is incredible how they use their power."

"Oh you think that is incredible?" Wyatt suddenly asks me.

I look at him in question and not even a second later I'm lifted into the air by his power. I'm hovering over all their heads and I laugh out of joy. I feel free and it is an amazing feeling to fly in their air. I'm able to see the whole room from here and I don't care about the fact that Wyatt could drop me if he wants to.

But Reece destroys my moment and huffs out," Let her down."

I frown at his request, "But why?"

I know he doesn't like Wyatt, but that doesn't have anything to do with me. 

"Do you know what time it is?" Reece ask me in a mocking tone.

I shake my head in confusion. It can't be that late. However I'm terribly wrong.

"It's almost five o'clock," he answers me rolling his eyes and I gasp in shock.

"Can you let her down now?" Reece asks annoyed looking shortly at Wyatt.

I follow his gaze and wait for Wyatt to let me down. Suddenly there is a grin on his face and he moves his hands to let me down. However not to the ground and I fall directly into Reece's arms, who luckily catches me in the right moment.

"There you have her," he grins ," You don't have to thank me," he adds before he walks away from us.

But Reece has my full attention know. Every fiber in my body feels how close he is and I can't stop noticing how perfectly I fit into his arms. We stare at each other like we are in trance before he lets go of me and places me to the ground. That is when I come back to my senses. What am I thinking right now? Though Reece doesn't look at me anymore and turns his back towards me. Why do I get the feeling like he just rejected me?

"Let's go," he says and I sight deeply, running my hands through my hair. 

After that I say goodbye to Kitty and Eric and follow Reece to his car. We don't talk and the ride is silent and kind of awkward. I'm still thinking about him holding me and I ask myself why Wyatt used his power like that. Nothing makes sense and after a while I give up thinking about it. It will only give me more headaches.

When we are almost at the hospital I ask a question which has been on my mind for a while now.

"Reece," I call him out and he looks at me briefly. 

"Yes?"

"What is your power?"

"You really want to know?" he questions, raising one eyebrow.

"Yes, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know," I tell him irritated and he smiles at my answer.

"Take a guess!"

"Reece," I whine, not in the mood to play games.

"Fine," he chuckles as he gets the message.

"All of my five senses are highly developed. I'm able to see better and can look far into the distance for example," he explains and I listen carefully.

"My sense of smell is good, I can remember scents and find them again," he ads with a proud smile, but it immediately vanishes when I ask, "Like a dog?"

He snorts at my answer and maybe I hurt his ego. 

"You really compare me to a barking and slavering animal?" he wants to know and I frown at his answer.

"You don't like dogs?"

"That's not the point Celia," he tells me annoyed and I just laugh heartily.

"Okay, then just forget that I ever said a word. But all in all you can smell, see, feel, hear and taste better," I state and he gives me small nod in confirmation.

At his confirmation another thought crosses my mind.

"Is that the reason why you knew that I was behind that curtain at the party?" I ask him, remembering our encounter.

"Yes, I heard your heartbeat and your breathing," he simply replies.

 A minute later we arrive at our destination and Reece calls out, "See you at school tomorrow," before he drives away, not even waiting for my reply.

"See you at school," I say but my words are only heard by myself.

Hey everyone, another update from me. I hope you liked this part. What do you think about the two super humans I introduced and about Wyatt's action? Leave a comment and please vote. Have a beautiful day!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...
6.7K 571 18
"I've tried telling them I'm only fifteen. That no sane government would force a boy my age to fight crime. 'But Max, you're a superhero! Isn't this...
M-13 由 JL

一般小说

185K 10.8K 35
People with powers exist, believe it or not. And it isn't some magic thing that gave us powers; it's a genetic malfunction that cursed us to a life o...
54.8K 1.5K 27
Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and be disruptive and loud. He's also a werew...