The Girl in the Glade // Twin...

Av teenwolfgirl90

[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] Clara is a simple girl trying to survive. Her new life finds her among roughly 50 b... Mer

one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
Author's Note
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

six

3.1K 58 36
Av teenwolfgirl90

A/N: I don't know about you guys but I've been looking forward to when more characters can be brought in... especially Minho! Well, we get some Minho time in this chapter y'all! Little warning though, this one is long! I'm sorry, couldn't find anywhere I wanted to stop! As some of you have probably already noticed, I love Gally so his personality is completely different than depicted in the movie and books so I hope you all can get past that!  Also, I've noticed Newt may not speak quite as he does in the book/movie but I can't seem to connect to that boy's British roots so please bear with me on that! Please let me know what you guys think about it :)

The sun hadn't risen yet when I heard the scuttle of feet around me. I opened my eyes sleepily and they landed on Newt. He was already dressed and getting ready to walk out when he turned and his gaze met mine. He smiled lightly and walked over to my hammock. "Good morning Clara. You ready for today?"

I felt the blush in my cheeks in reaction to his morning voice.

I yawned and leaned up in the hammock, putting my feet on the floor to stop the rocking. "Yeah." I replied, my voice still groggy from sleep.

His smile widened. "Well, after you get dressed come on down to the kitchen and we'll get some food in you. Then we'll start the day." He disappeared and I watched his retreating back with a lazy smile. If I could wake up to him every morning I wouldn't mind being trapped here.

"Good morning Clara." Alby said, breaking my trance on Newt, again. I jumped, startled yet again, and groaned.

He let out a small laugh as he stepped closer. "Sorry, I seem to have a bad habit of startling you."

And catching me staring at Newt I thought. I nodded and stood. "Yeah, I startle rather easily."

"And I'm sure it has nothing to do with a certain blondie right?" His eye brow arched and he grinned as my cheeks reddened.

I cleared my throat nervously before replying. "Nope, not at all."

His expression turned to one of amusement as he nodded. "Right, no worries, I won't tell." He smiled at me, for the second time, and left the room.

I dropped my head into my hands with a sigh. I had to be more cautious or everyone here would know I found Newt attractive. I changed into my other set of clean clothes and ran my hand through my hair. I would have to remember to ask Newt about hair products.

I went to the kitchen and Fry Pan handed me a plate of food with a smile. "Good morning Clara! Sleep well?"

I easily returned his smile and nodded. "I did, thank you. How about you Fry Pan?"

"The hammock seemed extra sway-ey last night so...I'm thinking of ways to keep that shuck thing still." He grinned at me as I smiled and walked over to a table thinking of my own swaying hammock, which wasn't an issue for me because of Newt. Chuck plopped down beside me, all smiles at such an early hour. Or what I had assumed to be early at least.

"Good morning Clara! How are you?" He had a huge smile on his face and his cheeks were bright red.

"Hey Chuck, I'm good. How are you?" I asked, risking a glance at him before shoving a piece of egg in my mouth.

"I'm okay! Are you looking forward to your job today?"

My stomach nervously flopped at his question. "Should I be looking forward to it?"

His eyes widened and his face paled. "Bye!" He got to his feet and ran out of the kitchen. I stared after him in confusion until I felt the table shift. I looked up to see Gally sitting across from me with a small grin. "Ready for today?"

"Why do people keep asking me that?" I asked him.

"You're working with the builders today. With me. Not the easiest work but we can help you get through it."

My eyes widened marginally which made him laugh. "You'll be fine, really. Don't worry about it. Just meet me out there when you're finished?"

I nodded and he made his way outside.

"Man, day two with the builders? Someone wants to see what you're made of!" Fry Pan said with a small laugh.

"What's this about being with the builders today? Are you up to that?" Jeff asked, walking into the kitchen.

I shrugged. "I guess we'll see."

He sighed and shook his head. "People like you are what keeps us busy. Just be easy out there."

I smiled and got up, walking around to wash out my dish.

"And there she goes again! Man, I like you greenie!" Fry Pan nearly yelled winking at me.

I laughed before walking out, throwing out a "see you later" to Fry Pan.

Gally grinned when I made my way over to him. "So, what am I doing today?"

"Man, you are eager to jump into this aren't you?"

I looked up at the structure they were currently working on. "Yes. I think?"

"Today should be pretty easy. We're going to hoist this slab of wood up there, so that's where we'll start. Want to help grab a side?"

I made my way to the side across from him as the other builders did the same. We all lifted the wood high and everyone started laughing when my feet left the ground. "I'm happy to help, guys!" I yelled out, jokingly, about five feet off the ground. I released my grip and dropped to the ground so they could lift it without my dead weight. After the wood was in place Gally walked over and patted me on the shoulder. "Sorry, Clara. I'm not too sure building is the best option for you."

With a laugh I nodded. "Yeah, me either. Thanks for letting me try though."

"Wait, meet the guys before you leave. You never know, you might be one to bounce around and help us later on." He turned back to his group. "Hey, everyone come meet Clara!"

I smiled and shook everyone's hand, taking in the sea of faces surrounding me.

"Building didn't work out, eh?" Newt asked as I made my way over to him in the gardens.

I blushed and shook my head. "I was about five feet off the ground before I realized I'm not tall enough to help. Or strong enough for that matter."

He grinned and nodded. "I saw that. You can go on up to the bloodhouse and see if Winston needs your help if you'd like? That's what you would be doing tomorrow anyway."

"Okay, see you." I turned and made my way to the bloodhouse, smiling when I could feel his eyes on my back as I walked. I froze when I heard a pig squealing. This wasn't going to work.

"Clara? Come on in, girl! We don't bite!" Winston yelled from inside. Oh boy. I walked into the bloodhouse and my eyes widened when I saw the blade cut into the pig. My feet didn't move until the blood started flowing from it. "Oh shuck, I am so sorry!" Winston was saying as I ran out of the building. I stopped at the first tree that I came to and emptied my stomach. I ignored the chuckles from the guys that witnessed it and shook my head lightly. I sat back against the tree and rested my head against it willing my heart to slow.

"You alright?"

I dropped my head into my hands as Newt came closer not wanting him to see me like this. "Yeah, just saw Winston end a life in there is all."

He sank down beside me and bumped my shoulder with his. "Want to come back to the gardens with me?"

"I need some water first. And do you have anything for a headache?" My head still rested in my hands as I refused to look at him.

"Yeah, follow me." I heard him stand so I followed, finally lifting my head off my arms.

"Bloody hell Clara you're so pale, are you sure you're alright?" He stopped walking and grabbed my arms lightly and turned me to look at him.

"Yeah." I replied weakly.

He frowned when my voice cracked and shook his head. "What are we going to do with you?" He brushed the hair off my forehead before turning and walking once more. One of his arms gently guided me towards the medihut and I smiled, feeling the heat from his hand on my lower back. This boy had me so twisted up inside it was ridiculous. We entered the hut and I heard a low chuckle.

"I told you, you would keep me in business!" Jeff smirked as he rounded the corner and patted the table for me to sit.

I grinned and pushed myself up on it. "Yeah, it's nothing just a bit queasy."

"Bloodhouse?" Jeff asked, grinning at Newt. Jeff grabbed a cup for some water, keeping his eyes on Newt.

Newt nodded, leaning against the wall while Jeff looked at my head. He had a flashlight he shone in my eyes and shook his head. "I think you've aggravated your concussion. Easy work the rest of the day I'm afraid. We can't have you passing out or anything on us." He looked over at Newt. "She could always stay in here with us and learn our job. Probably going to be one of our frequent visitors anyway so it might help to have her know what's going on."

Newt glanced at me with a question in his eyes.

"I'm okay with blood when it's not flowing from a recently slaughtered pig." I told him with a small smile.

He let out a small laugh and nodded. "Alright. I'll be in the gardens if you need me." His gaze lingered on mine a moment longer before he walked out.

"I don't know what you did to that boy in one day but you have him wrapped around that finger of yours." Jeff said with a wink in my direction.

"Newt? You're crazy."

"In the year that I've been here I've never seen him smile so much than he has since you've arrived. Well, since you've been up that is."

My wide eyes met his. "Seriously?"

He grinned and nodded. "Seriously. And by the looks of it, I'd wager that you're wrapped around his too. You're both just too oblivious to it."

"Shut up." I mumbled, my cheeks heating up. "I've only been here one day so...you're wrong."

He shook his head and gently pushed me off the table. "Whatever you say greenie. Let's get to work!"

He showed me the basics of the medical supplies and how to use them. We went over all of the supplies for over an hour before he finally let me start playing around with what I was learning. 

After practicing fixing up some fake wounds and learning all about the medical supplies, I was able to successfully dress a cut even though I nearly sliced a chunk of Jeff's skin off when someone outside, close to us, started screaming. His alarmed eyes met mine briefly before we both ran towards the scream.

Chuck lay crouched on the ground gripping his leg to his chest. Tears streamed down his face as the blood streamed down his leg. Jeff and I reached him before anyone else. I grabbed Chuck's hands so Jeff could look at the wound.

"Chuck, shhhh, you're okay. You're okay. Just take a deep breath and look at me. Don't look at your leg okay?" I murmured to him softly. His teary eyes met mine and his sobs quieted.

"We need to get him inside." Jeff said, moving Chuck's arms around his shoulders. He carried him in and I followed close, holding Chuck's hand. "Clara, you want to take a look?"

I moved around to the side and looked at the deep gash. "Hey Chuck, what did you do buddy?" I asked as I grabbed the ointment Jeff handed to me.

"I fell when I was trying to get something from the roof of the showers."

"You were on the roof?" I asked, looking up at him.

His cheeks reddened. "Yeah. I was just trying to help."

"That's okay, that's okay. You did great Chuck." I told him with a smile. He smiled back and kept his eyes glued to me while I sterilized his wound, Jeff helping as I did. I glanced behind me and noticed the large crowd that had gathered, Newt being the closest one to us.

"You're doing great." Jeff told me with a small nod of encouragement.

I blushed slightly and glanced up at Chuck. "You're doing great too." I winked at him and he started laughing.

I used the stitch strips Jeff had showed me to seal up the wound and cleaned up the rest of the blood. "Okay, you should be good to go Chuck." I helped him sit up and the group behind us started clapping.

"Great job, Clara!" Newt said, clapping me on the shoulder lightly.

I blushed and smiled. "Thank you." I grasped Chuck's hand and helped him to his feet, noticing him favoring his wounded leg. "How about you take a break Chuck? You don't need to be on that leg right now."

"Coming from the one who should be on bed rest." Jeff mumbled.

I turned towards him with an arched eyebrow. "You want to start that? Really?" I became instantly aggravated with my new 'friend' for saying anything considering how well I thought I had been doing.

He grinned and rolled his eyes and started cleaning up the table.

"Should she be, Jeff?"

I turned back and looked at Newt. He had a slight frown on his face as he gazed back at me.

"Well, she had a pretty bad concussion Newt. We're lucky that she hasn't passed out yet."

I watched Newt's expression change to worry and started silently cursing Jeff.

"I can't go on bed rest Newt, I'll go crazy." I took a step towards him as I pleaded my case. "Please."

I saw the conflict in his eyes shift and sighed in relief.

"Fine, but you're working by me so I can keep an eye on you."

I nodded and looked back at Jeff. "Thanks for teaching me things about stuff." I grinned and he winked at me as I followed Newt back to the gardens. Jeff thinks he's so crafty but I know what he's up to. There's nothing going on between Newt and I!

"You better bloody let me know if something's wrong with you before you pass out on me, good that?" Newt glanced back at me as we walked and I nodded eagerly.

"Good that. I'm fine, really. Jeff's just being a pain."

He glanced at me before nodding, continuing the trek in silence.

An hour passed before I saw Newt straighten, popping his back as he did. "You ready for lunch Clara?"

I stood as well and nodded. "I didn't realize I was so hungry but yeah, I could eat a horse."

Newt grinned and he looked at me. "How about a pig?"

My face paled and I shook my head. "Too soon, Newt. Too soon."

He laughed and bumped my arm. "I'm sorry, couldn't resist."

I smiled back at him. "Not sure I would have been able to either."

"There she is!" I heard as soon as we stepped into the kitchen. I smiled at Fry Pan and grabbed the plate he had made for me. "How's my favorite she bean today?"

I laughed and shook my head, wonder crossing my features. "She bean?"

"Yeah, you know like greenie, green bean, so you're a she bean!"

I smiled up at him before I replied. "I love it, thanks Fry. I'm doing good by the way, how about yourself?"

He shrugged and gestured to all the boys around us. "Just living the dream and feedin' an army."

"Well, thanks!" I replied before retreating outside, Newt following. We sat down at a table closer to each other than necessary. We kept bumping elbows while we ate, joking around with one another until Alby sat down across from us.

"How's the day?" He asked, glancing from Newt to myself.

"It's great! I've learned a lot so far." I smiled, feeling somewhat proud of myself when Alby returned my smile.

"That's great to hear. Where do you like working the best so far?"

I saw Newt glance at me before I was able to reply. "Anywhere away from this kid." I said, grinning as I gestured to Newt.

He faked that he was wounded before he smiled lightly, shoving more food in his mouth.

"No, really though I do like working in the gardens. And the medihut."

Alby nodded as he took another bite as well. "Good, I heard that you did very well in the medihut but you can always bounce from job to job if you wish, as long as you're helping."

He looked at Newt and arched his brow.

"Nothing's happening so that's always good." Newt said with a small shrug as Alby nodded in reply.

"Okay. Bye." Alby stood and retreated towards the kitchen.

"You really know how to run people off." I mumbled, bumping Newt's elbow playfully.

He grinned and bumped me back. "That's nothing new I'm afraid. Every bloody shank here has dodged me at some point."

"I won't dodge you. Even if you are coming to yell at me." I grinned at him before getting up and taking our plates to the kitchen.

"Give me my plates!" Fry Pan cheerfully said as I walked in. I smiled and shook my head, pushing him out of the way to wash our plates.

A grin split across his features that made me freeze. "What are you..." I was cut off as he pushed me towards the sink, soaking me in the process. "FRY PAN!" I shouted at him, shaking from the cold water.

Unfortunately for me though, he was laughing too hard to hear me. Newt appeared in the doorway, a bright smile on his face. "Come, I'll get you a towel."

I slapped Fry Pan's arm before I left and followed Newt to our room. He tossed me a towel, a smile still on his face.

"I can't believe he did that." I said, shivering, gratefully wrapping the towel around myself.

Newt's eyes watched me closely as I gathered new clothes.

"I noticed the shirt and shorts you borrowed, I'll ask for more that way you have plenty." Newt said, backing out of the room with me.

"Well thank you. I didn't really want to sleep in these pants so Chuck got the shorts and shirt for me."

"You should have asked me, I would have been happy to get you something to wear." He glanced up at me as we walked and I shrugged in response. "You were already back at the fire, I didn't want to bother you. Plus Chuck wanted to walk me to the showers so I wasn't alone."

"You seem to be making quite the impression here." Newt said, looking back down at the ground.

"Good, beats the alternative." I elbowed him lightly and his eyes met mine. They were a light amber color, slightly darker than the honey but still very pretty.

"That's a true statement." He barely whispered, quickly looking away.

I blushed when I noticed the red in his cheeks and focused on my feet as we walked. He stopped and I stopped, looking around. We had already reached the showers. "Well, thanks for walking with me. I'll meet you in the gardens when I'm done?"

He smiled lightly and nodded at me. "Good that, I'll be there." He turned and headed towards the gardens, his head dropped. I watched him a moment longer, a smile on my lips, and then retreated to the showers.

I found Newt working in the spot we were in earlier. "Hey." I greeted as I approached.

He glanced up at me before returning to his work. "Hello there."

I leaned down beside him and looked at the plant he was struggling with. He started pulling harder on it but it wouldn't budge. I reached over and helped him pull on the stem and we both toppled over as it gave way. I started laughing as he shook his hair, dirt flying everywhere.

"Oh, you think that's bloody funny do you?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

I nodded, not able to control my laughter. His smile widened and he started laughing with me as we both sat there in the dirt. Finally, he climbed to his feet and reached down to pull me up. I grasped his hands tightly and pulled him back down, laughing all over again.

"Will you children do some work? Jeez." Winston said, smirking as he jogged by.

Newt cleared his throat and shook his head. "I've never been this bloody distracted while I'm working ya know." He grinned at me as he stood and wiped the dirt off his clothes.

I climbed to my feet, still laughing and brushed my clothes off as well. "I'm sorry." I was finally able to get out.

He smiled at me and shook his head. "Don't ever apologize to me for laughing my love." He wiped some dirt off my cheek and started walking towards the kitchen with the basket of plants he had collected. My eyes widened slightly and I knew my face was fifty shades of red from his touch and his words, my love. That was new. I followed behind and started laughing all over again when I spotted the dirt on his butt. I wondered idly if I was always this much of a laugher or if it was just Newt.

"What's so funny now?" He asked, glancing at me over his shoulder.

"You have dirt on your butt." I replied between chuckles.

"Oh, looking at my bum are you?" He grinned when my cheeks heated.

"It's hard not to notice the big patch of dirt walking in front of me."

"Newt, I need your help in the hall." Alby stated, rushing towards us. I grabbed the basket from him and he nodded gratefully to me before running towards the council hall with Alby. I made my way into the kitchen and dropped the basket on the counter.

"Hey, she bean!" Fry's happy voice announced.

"Hey, Fry! I brought these since Newt had to do something else." I looked over at him and pushed the basket forward.

He grabbed it eagerly and started pulling the plants out. "Want to help me cut these?"

I glanced at the knife next to him and shrugged, quickly slicing the vegetables. Before long everyone started pouring into the kitchen, ready for dinner. I was stirring the large pot of stew when Fry Pan hovered over me. "Come on she bean we don't got all night!"

I rolled my eyes and stepped aside so he could take over. "In my defense I never claimed I could do any of this, I just said I was willing to help."

He smiled down at me. "Thanks for your 'help'." He put the word help in air quotes and I grinned, kicking him lightly. "Here, fill this spoon and fill some bowls and start handing them out to people." He told me, nodding to the weird spoon I had noticed earlier. I nodded and did as instructed, greeting everyone that came in. By the end of the dinner rush I had successfully met all of the other gladers aside from the runners and even made a few friends. I was just washing up when the keepers came in.

"Clara, I was wondering where you disappeared to." Newt greeted when he saw me.

"I've been coerced into serving the army." I smiled at him and handed him his bowl.

He smiled back and looked at Fry Pan. "I'd say she's good to come eat now, yeah?"

Fry Pan grinned and nodded, pushing me out of the way once more. He shoved a bowl into my hand and patted me lightly on the head. "You did great today she bean, thanks for your help."

"Thanks Fry!" I followed Newt out and we sat side by side once more.

"I think I've met everyone but the runners now." I told him before eating a spoon full of soup.

"Oh yeah?" He glanced up at me and I nodded in reply. "Hey, Minho!" Newt called to the keeper of the runners as he made his way towards the kitchen. Minho jogged over, sending me a smile. There was a light sheen of sweat on the muscular Asian, he must have just returned from the maze.

"What's up shank?" He greeted Newt with a smile.

"Have you met our greenie, Clara?" Newt asked, nodding to me.

"Nope, Minho. Keeper of the runners." He shook my hand with a smile. "Have you met any of the runners?" His hand lingered on mine and he winked at me before shifting his attention to Newt.

"No, that's why I called you over here." Newt told him with a dumbfounded expression.

"I was asking her." Minho replied to him, his mouth quirking into a grin.

"Oh bloody hell, just get your runners."

Minho laughed and signaled for the group to join him. There was Ben, Dan, and Jake and they all seemed happy despite the jobs they did every day in the maze. There were four other runners still out there running.

"Clara, you a fast runner?" Minho asked with a wicked grin.

"Don't you even." Newt replied, his tone angry.

I placed a hand lightly on Newt's shoulder in response to his sudden hostility and shrugged to Minho. "I suppose. Why you want to race?"

Newt grinned at me, slightly baffled, then turned to Minho. Minho laughed. "Are you serious? You want to race me?"

I smiled and shrugged. "Why not? Unless you're scared?"

His eyes widened in disbelief and he smirked at me. "You're on greenie."

I grinned and followed him across the field. He stopped and shook his head at me. "You sure about this? I'm the fastest one here."

I arched a brow at him and smiled. "I guess we'll see then, huh?"

He glanced at Newt then leaned in closer to me. "You doing this for him?"

I shrugged and started stretching. "I don't know what you're talking about."

A genuine smile stretched across his face and he nodded. "Alright then." He turned to Newt. " Newt, count us down."

I got into my runner's position, my body remembering this from my past.

"Three! Two! One! GO!" Newt yelled, a smile of anticipation stretched across his face.

I sprinted across the field at a dead run, surprising myself at how fast I was.

"Wow!" I heard Minho exclaim from right behind me. He pushed himself harder and we were neck and neck, dead even, as we raced around the glade. "Going right past that last tree!" He called out to me.

I nodded, focusing on the finish line and pushed myself as fast as I could go. I barreled past the tree, my breathing coming out in short gasps and noticed I had beat him.

The glade had been noisy the whole time we raced, boys cheering both of us on and now they ran to where Minho and I both tried to regain our breath.

"You beat me!" He stood and walked over to me, shaking my hand. "You're impressively fast for a new shank."

I smiled up at him. "Thank you. I appreciate that, I think."

"You're going to be a runner one day." He nearly whispered, winking at me before walking away.

"That was incredible!" Newt told me when he finally reached me. "I've never seen someone run so fast!"

"Since you're over here blowing everyone's mind there's something I need to see." I heard Gally's voice before I spotted him, his voice rising above the crowd. "Clara, battle me." I grinned when I noticed it wasn't a request. I glanced at Newt before I nodded to Gally.

"Okay, what do I do?" I took another deep breath still trying to calm down from my race with Minho. He gestured for me to follow and as I did I noticed Newt walking really close by my side and he had his hand lightly on my lower back again.

The gladers formed a large circle and Gally walked around the center. "Basically, the object is for me to try to push you out of the circle and you last more than five seconds."

"Hardly." Newt scoffed. "The object is for both of you to try to push the other out of the circle by any means necessary. Considering Clara's recent head trauma though I think you need to take it easy, Gally."

Jeff appeared beside him nervously shifting from one foot to the other.

I shook my head immediately and stepped closer to Gally. "No, don't take it easy on me. If we're doing this then we're doing it for real."

Excitement lit up Gally's face as he nodded at me. "Alright, you ready green bean?"

"Clara..." Jeff cautioned.

I grinned and nodded, waiting anxiously for him to make the first move. He smirked and dove at me and I jumped out of the way, letting him crash through the line of boys that stood behind me. He spun around quickly, mouth dropped open. "You are fast. I'll give you that." He nodded at me and dove at me again and once again I waited for the last moment to move. This time he ended up on the ground. There was a loud ohhhh coming from the crowd when he pulled himself to his feet. My fingers twitched in anticipation when his cold stare turned to me. Uh oh.

"Gally, she's only playing the game remember that. Keep your temper calm!" Newt called out with a worried tone, a few others yelled out in agreement.

Gally didn't even acknowledge them as he dove at me, missed and turned, taking me down to the ground hard. He smirked before he realized the dazed look in my eyes. "Shuck! I'm so sorry, Clara!" He climbed off of me and frantically looked around for Jeff. By then however I had pulled myself up and lunged at him, taking him to the ground.

Everyone cheered, both impressed and relieved, loudly as I climbed to my feet and grasped Gally's hand to pull him up as well. "You are impressive." He said with a small smile. He patted my back lightly and the circle broke apart.

Newt appeared at my side and grabbed my hand. He turned and started pushing his way through the crowd with me in tow and one thing was clear, he wasn't happy. And again I say uh oh. He pulled me into the medihut and pushed me lightly against the table. He found the flashlight Jeff had earlier and turned, his free hand lightly caressing my cheek as he shined the light into my eyes.

"Newt, I'm fine." I tried to grab his wrist but he pulled away from me angrily.

"Will you stop saying that? You were bloody unconscious for three days Clara and you've already had two hits to the head. Don't try to tell me you're bloody fine!" He snapped at me before his head bowed and he sighed.

I didn't think before I reacted. His head, although lowered, was so close to me that I reacted on instinct. I reached up and lightly caressed his cheek with one hand and my other went to his waist and pulled him closer to me. His eyes slowly rose to meet mine and I gasped at the passion filled chocolate eyes that stared back at me. My eyes closed as he leaned down and rested his forehead against mine lightly, his hands each moving to my face. I could feel his breath hitting my lips every time he exhaled and I could feel his heart pounding in his chest. I moved my hand from his waist to rest it against his chest and his breathing hitched. My skin tingled and I could hardly hear my thoughts as my own heart beat pounded in rhythm with his. This felt so familiar, so right.

I opened my eyes and dropped my hands when his arms dropped to my waist and picked me up, placing me on the table. He stepped in between my legs and pulled my body to the edge of the table, closer to him. I could feel every inch of my body leaning forward, itching to be closer to him. I wrapped both of my arms around his waist tightly, pulling him even closer. His gaze penetrated mine for what felt like an eternity before his thumb traced my cheek lightly once more. His other hand gripped my waist so tightly it was easily going to bruise. And I didn't care. His face was only an inch or two away from mine but neither of us dared to move as we continued our intense stare down.

That is, until someone came into the hut of course. We were so entranced in one another to notice the approaching footsteps until Alby walked in. Newt pulled back quickly but Alby's expression told us that he definitely had seen our intimate moment. He grinned and kept walking through the hut, not saying a word to either of us as he passed. Newt let out a big breath of air and laughed nervously. His hand went up to scratch the back of his neck.

I smiled up at him, jumping down off the table. "We should probably get back anyway."

He nodded and grabbed my hand once more, taking me outside where everyone else was. We sat down by a log beside the fire and I grinned when I noticed him yawning. "Why don't you lay down and relax for once?"

He shrugged but a moment later he laid down beside me and put his head in my lap. "Better?"

I smiled down at him and nodded. "Yes, much." I watched as his eyes closed and a peaceful smile settled on his face. After a few moments I was finally able to pull my gaze away from his face.

I glanced up when I heard approaching footsteps and my gaze met Alby's. He arched an eyebrow and glanced at Newt getting ready to ask something. I shook my head silently and he took the hint, smiling and retreating back to where he had come from. My hands absently went through Newt's hair and it wasn't long before his breathing settled and he became more dead weight. He had fallen asleep. After another hour or so Alby announced it was time for bed so I gently shook Newt awake and helped him up.

We made our way to our hammocks together, walking close to one another but not touching. Neither of us mentioned what happened earlier as we climbed into our hammocks to go to sleep.

"Sleep well Clara."

I smiled, more in love with his accent than ever. "You too Newt. Goodnight."

Sleep claimed me quickly that night.

A/N: There we have it! Finally some closeness for Newtie and Clara! The next chapter will start with a memory flashback for Clara and we'll have a few more Newtara moments...do we like that name? Please provide your thoughts below! If you guys have any other ideas for their couple name let me know! Until next time friends.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

111K 5.6K 54
[REWRITE COMING SOON] A story where a boy with a mysterious and complicated past falls for the boy with a limp. [ newt x male oc x teresa] *** PART I...
48.2K 1.2K 71
COMPLETED - UNDER EDITING!! This will include The Maze Runner and The Death Cure (I'm only going to do a brief summary of The Scorch Trials because G...
301K 6.2K 39
☆~°His Cure°~☆ ☆~°Newt X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) was one of the first Gladers, she was only 13 when she arrived not long after Alby and Minho, Newt cam...
43.2K 890 38
*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *Going along by the movies* "Always prote...