Hiding My Heart

By J_abbis

Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her br... More

Hiding My Heart
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epliogue
Bonus - We Owned the Night
Authors Note on Sequel

Chapter 32

17.6K 527 80
By J_abbis

I was ready for the beat down today. I ended up waking up earlier than I normally would on a school day. And since Brayden didn't know I was going to skip school, again, I had to act like it was any other day. 

Getting dressed and pulled my hair in a pony I go downstairs where my brother is cooking me breakfast. I breathe in deep, eggs and pancakes. Moaning at the smell I sit at the table, watching him cook. 

"What's the occasion?" I ask after a minute of silence when he places some pancakes in front of me. 

He shrugs. "I got a really good score on my midterm. So good actually that it bumped my grade up a whole letter." He states proudly. "I decided to have a mini celebration before I head off to work and you go to school." He says grinning at me. 

"Oh Brayden! That's so good, I'm so proud of you big brother!" I practically shout in excitement.  

Brayden wasn't the best in Science and he has been freaking out of this exam for some time now. Since his schooling is coming to a close the online classes have been getting tougher and tougher. He's been studying for this exam as soon as the semester started. 

"Thank you, thank you." He teases bowing slightly as I make a sound like a crowd cheering. 

I laugh and start eating the delicious pancakes. "These are heaven." I groan out as he digs into his plate also. 

"Thanks, it's been a while since I've cooked them." He says. 

My siblings and I all know how to cook, very well actually. When you have a dead beat father who just up and left and a mother who drowns in alcohol every day you have to learn how to survive. And food is very essential for survival, we taught ourselves how to cook, Natalie knew how to cook a little, but that was only mac and cheese. And after having mac and cheese for breakfast lunch and dinner you tend to get sick of it. So we taught ourselves, it got easier as we got older, we can thank Janice for that. Even though Janice never gave us her recipes she hosted a cooking class a few years ago, in which all three of us attended. 

"Well they are amazing." I say finishing up the plate. 

"Do you need me to drop you off; you may be a few minutes early." Brayden says picking up his finished plate and mine, putting them in the sink. "You can do these when you get home." He adds grinning at me. We have this rule at the house, whoever cooked doesn't have to clean. And since he cooked it looks like the dishes are mine this morning. 

"No, Sasha is coming to pick me up." I say standing up.  

"Oh, alright, will you be fine by yourself until then? I have to open shop." He says. 

I roll my eyes and nod my head. "I'm not a baby, it's not like I'm going to burn the house down or anything. I'll be fine." I assure him. "Those classes have been paying off." I add trying to look bada_s but by his expression I failed, horribly. 

"Alright million dollar baby," He teases and goes to ruffle my hair but I sidestep him with a scowl of my own.  

"Ha. Ha." I say following him out the door. "I might have to go into work later after school, so either you're cooking tonight or we order out." I say as he walks to the car. 

"I guess it depends on how lazy I feel after work, be safe." He says and climbs into the car. 

I stay on the porch and watch him drive away. Soon it's just me and the rustling of the wind. The weather was a lot warmer than I had been before. It was still chilly, but at least it wasn't snowing. You could actually leave the house without your coat on anymore. 

Going back inside I decide to clean up a little bit until Sasha gets here. So humming to myself I cleaned up the living room, do the dishes and clean up the small mess that Brayden had made while he cooked. I was just about to tackle my room when I heard a honk outside, Sasha was here. Putting the dirty clothes in my hands into the basket I leave my room and hurry outside, closing and locking the door behind me. 

Hurrying to the car I hop in and she pulls away. "Alright boss, where to?" She says in her best manly voice making me smile. 

I let out a shaky breath and give her the directions to the cabin. "Do you think he'll try to run?" I ask after a few minutes of tense silence. 

Sasha shrugs. "We won't get pretty far if he does." She states. 

"I didn't think I would be this nervous or this scared." I admit rubbing my sweaty palms on my jeans once more. 

"It will be fine; I'm going to be right beside you the whole time." She says calmly. 

I nod. Right, cool down, it's all going to be fine. I chant in my head as we near the road that will take us straight to the cabin. 

"I'm going to park a little way away alright? If he sees a car that isn't Katy's we are screwed. Ok?" She asks pulling off to the side of the road. I nod and get out of the car, shutting it behind me as lightly as I could. 

"Ready?" She asks me and I nod.  

"Yeah, ready." I whisper swallowing hard. Following her lead I allow her to lead me a few feet from the road.  

We move silently through the trees, not once talking as we come up to the cabin. It's really a two story building, with a Jacuzzi in the back deck. It was one of the best places I thought I had been to when I was a kid; it was a great escape from Joey. 

"What do you hear?" I ask after five minutes of crouching behind trees and bushes. 

"He's downstairs, in the living room I'm guessing since I hear a TV. What else is downstairs?" She whispers back. 

"Kitchen, dining room and then the master bedroom. There are three more rooms upstairs. The last time I was here the master bedroom didn't have a TV, but I bet they replaced all the old junk from back then with the new stuff." I say. 

"Where is the bedroom? Can you give me a layout of the downstairs?" 

My eyebrows pull together as I think about it. It's been years since I've been here and as a little kid I really didn't pay much attention to the layout of the rooms. But I guess I could try, so grabbing a broken branch I draw a rectangle in the dirt. 

"Well, the good thing is there are only two doors, the front and the back. The living room was on this side of the house." I mumble cutting off a square piece of the rectangle and labeling it with an L, then off to the side there was a bathroom. I start to draw where I think the rooms were last time I was here. I knew for sure that the kitchen was right next to the backdoor. Katy and I would always steal cookies from the jar when we weren't supposed to; the back door was our escape route. 

Finishing up the drawing I pull back and look at it. The front entrance was left opened, the stairs the first thing you see when you walk in. Then off to the right is the living room entrance, where there is a small bathroom hooking into its side. If you turn left there is a small hallway that leads to the kitchen, has a closet door, another bathroom and then the master bedroom. 

She studies the small picture layout that I drew, before looking up at me then the house. "You're sure?" She whispers making me nod. 

"Well, I know where the living room and kitchen are that's for sure. If I got anything wrong it's just the hallway doors, I could have mixed the rooms up, but that's because that was her parent's hallway, they didn't like us going down there." 

"I'll take what I get." She says standing up. "I'm thinking I'm going to go through the back, I'm going to have you by the front door just in case he hears me and try to bolt ok?" She says wiping dirt off of her jeans. 

I hesitate for a moment before nodding. I know I wasn't going to get anywhere if I argued with her that I was going in there with her. She's right; we need someone guarding the front door. So without saying anything I follow her out of our hideout. She's quick and makes it to the side of the cabin in no time. I follow after her, keeping a lookout for anyone else. Seeing a window a little off to the side she indicates for me to be quiet and go to the front of the house. 

Nodding I do as I'm instructed, crouching low and walking to the front porch. This house had a lot of windows in the front, luckily most of the curtains were drawn, but not wanting to chance it I army crawl all the way to the front door. It was uncomfortable and made my elbows hurt but it was also very necessary.  

Standing up I put my ear to the door, holding my breath and trying to listen in. I have no idea if Sasha is inside the house right now or if she barely made it to the backdoor. I can barely even hear the TV buzzing. I release my breath and step back just slightly from the door; if he opens it and tries to get away it would be wise to have my face in punching range.  

It felt like the world stopped when I heard a shout of surprise then the sounds of a small scuffle, something hit the ground hard. My eyes went wide and I jerked the door open just in time to see Sasha rolling around with Jared. She jabbed her elbow hard on his ribs making him cry out in pain, and make him loose his breath. 

"Dee- I told you to-" She shouts at me but I close the door and walk up closer to them. 

Jared panics when he sees me, he struggles to throw Sasha off of him in his haste he only hurts himself. 

"Get off me you b_tch! I won't tell you anything, you hear me? Nothing, you won't get s_it out of-" He's cut off when Sasha's fists slams down on his face. His struggling stops, his arms hitting the ground hard. 

"Did you kill him?" I ask in shock, I can barely see his chest moving, his eyes are closed and his body is too still. 

"No, I just knocked him out." She huffed standing up and looking around. "How stupid can he be to leave the doors unlocked?" She rolls her eyes. 

"What are we going to do with him now?" I ask pointing to the sleeping body. 

"Uhm- well he can't stay here. We wouldn't want Katy coming here and see us torturing you're a_s of an ex for answers." She says looking at the small mess she made.  

Luckily she didn't break anything. "Maybe if we make it look like it did before and get rid of his stuff she'll think that he just left." I say slowly, my brain working once more. 

"Ok, but where do we keep him? It's not like he could stay at our houses." She says breathing in deep before releasing it. 

"How about we think about that after we clean? Please, I need time to process that we finally have him ok?" I plead making her nod. 

Before we clean she searches the house until she finds duct tape. Not protesting I allow her to tie up his hands and his legs, she makes sure to put some over his mouth too. When he's finished and all tied up she helps me clean the living room floor, putting the carpet back in place and turning the TV off. I fix the pillows that were thrown around the room.  

Grabbing a garbage bag I go to the master bedroom where I see his stuff thrown around the room like he owned the place. Not wasting time I put everything in the bag, moving from closet to dresser I pack everything. I even go as far as lifting up the mattress to see if he had anything else lying around, which he didn't. Hauling the garbage bag over my shoulder I go back to the entry way where Sasha is waiting keys in hands. 

"I'm going to go get the car and bring it around. Watch him." She says nodding to the still sleeping body. 

I nod and let her go. This went a lot faster than I thought it would, I figured he would have put up more of a fight, but by the looks of his past bruises and a bad bandage leg I would guess he's still a bit weak to fight back. Which is good, now all we have to worry about is getting him to talk, something I think he's not going to be happy about, but I don't care. 

When she finally pulls up I go and place his bag full of crap in the trunk of the car. 

"How are we going to do this?" I ask as Sasha carries him over her shoulder, not looking like it bothered her any. 

"Well, do you know of any abandoned places? Or something to keep him in?" She asks pulling the back door open and tossing him in so he's lying across the back of the seat. 

I think for a moment before nodding. I think I knew just the place. 

........................................................................................................................................................................ 

It's been two hours since we had kidnapped Jared, two hours since he's been knocked out. And I was finally starting to worry, is it normal to be passed out for this long after you get punched? I wasn't so sure so when lunch had come and gone, Sasha letting me drive back into town to get us some food, I was getting a little sick. 

School lets out in three hours, and we still haven't gotten anything out of Jared because he's been knocked out cold. After leaving the cabin I told Sasha to take him to the other side of town. Right on the outskirts of town there is an old mill that hasn't been in use since, well since I was born. I've never seen anyone even glance at the old mill in years. It was right next to the woods too, perfect for us to sneak in a body and the essentials we needed. 

I knew no one would look here for Jared. Katy is too much of a wimp to come here, she believes in all the ghost stories that are told about this place. I knew for a fact that even the police don't even keep a patrol on this part of town because it's been so old and long since someone has trespassed.  

When we arrived here it was hard getting into the place to begin with, the fence was way too high to climb and the gate doors were all locked. It wasn't until I found a whole in the fence that we were able to get in. The whole was not very noticeable until you looked at it a little closer. But once we were finally in we got in the building by a broken window. Once in we placed Jared on the floor then went back to the car where we went and bought stuff we thought we would need. A chair, some rope, handcuffs-fuzzy and pink but that's because February is just around the corner so they already had stuff out for Valentine's day- and some food and water and more duct tape.  

When we bought the stuff I couldn't help but laugh at the cashiers face, even after holding up the rope and handcuffs. Sasha had glared at the lady and told her that she shouldn't judge her because she had a submissive and she was into the kinky sex slave deal. I was red as a tomato by the end of her little rant but at least that shut the cashier up. 

Sighing I finally had enough of the waiting game. Grabbing my water bottle I uncap it and walk up to Jared, who is as of now tied to the chair, his hands in those fuzzy handcuffs behind his back. Pouring the water over him I hear him groan and shake his head. Finally! If I knew it was going to be that easy I would have done it an hour ago. 

"Wake up." I say finishing dumping the water over him. 

He groans again and looks up at me, his confused face turning to anger as he looks up at me. 

"HIASHLDWME." He starts to shout, but the duct tape covers his words smoothly. 

I sigh and leans back away from him as he tries thrashing around, almost tipping the chair all the way back. 

"Sasha, he's awake." I shout. 

A moment later Sasha walks in, holding more lamps. She told me before she left that she was just going to do a little perimeter check, make sure there wasn't any hobos lurking around. 

"Finally awake!" She says in relief. She wants to be out of here as much as me. 

He just glares at us as we place the lamps around us casting a glow around the room. I walk closer to him, hands on hips as I stare him down. 

"You are going to give us answers, no if's and's or but's. I'm done playing your game with your little masters." I hiss lowly at him, he just glares back. 

"If you refuse to cooperate we aren't afraid of giving you over to Preston, where he will no doubt kill you without waiting for answers." Sasha warns. 

Finally that gets a reaction out of him, he gulps, his eyes widen just slightly and his already pale face seems whiter. 

"I'm going to take the duct tape off, if you yell or scream I won't stop Sasha and let her beat the s_it out of you." I say. 

He doesn't nod or he doesn't glare, instead he just stares at us. Slowly I reach up and grab the corner of the duct tape, then not so slowly I rip it right off making him grunt in pain. 

"I told you, I'm not going to tell you anything." He says his voice hoarse. 

"And like I said you will go straight to Preston, I know he has unfinished business with you." Sasha hiss glaring at him. 

"What if I told you I didn't know anything?" He asks making me laugh. 

"That's a lie, you know everything, and after all you are the rogues spy." I point out. 

He glares at me and shakes his head. "I told you everything I know when I tried to get you that night." He says his eyes narrowing. 

I narrow my eyes at him, he's lying. I know he is, his mouth twitches on the side when he lies. 

"How do you even know the rogues? How did they even find you?" I ask. 

He doesn't say anything for a while, not until I sigh and place my foot on his thigh, making him grunt at the light pressure, I push just slightly making him howl in pain. I stop and step back and watch him breathe in deep, groaning. 

"I told you, Manson seeked me out." He breathes looks like he's going to cooperate. 

"Who is this guy? How did he even know about me?" I ask. 

He's quiet once more, thinking something through, I'm just about to kick him where the sun doesn't shine until he heaves a breath. 

"I don't know ok, he just knew you, so did this other guy, the alpha. They wouldn't tell me much, just to spy on you and help them out. I worked out a deal so that I get you after this is all over. We would have to stay with them of course, but your mine and only mine-" 

"You are lying. They had to have told you something more." Sasha growls out, impatient as ever. 

"And how would you know?" He glares right back at her. "Were you there when he snatched me up, telling me I smelt like Dee-" 

I grimace at this, my lunch almost coming right back up again. I didn't want to think about that right now, or ever for the matter. 

"So what? You didn't deliver and you got beat up? They didn't tell you anything else?" Sasha growls stepping up to him menacingly. 

He laughs darkly at this, sending chills up my spin, I don't like that laugh on him, especially when there is an echo. Talk about creepy. 

"Yes, just told me to continue spying, not to get caught, don't go to school." He says behind clenched teeth. "I will go by undetected because you can't-" 

Sasha steps forward, her hand going to his throat. My stomach drops and I think she's going to choke him but she only snatches the string around his neck. Pulling it off I hear a snap then a curse. Her hand dropped the string, where something was attached to it and she held her palm out, cursing up a storm. 

"What is it Sasha?" I ask concerned. 

"Wolf's bane," She growls out. 

"Oh my gosh," I rush to her pulling her hand up to my face. "Are you ok?" I ask. 

"It's just a burn; it will clear up in a few minutes." She says. 

Nodding I swoop down and pick up the necklace he has been wearing to block his scent. It's the exact replica of mine. 

"Where did you get this?" I say holding it up to him. 

"The rogues," He says in a duh tone. "They told me it will block my scent." 

"What did else did they tell you about this?" 

He shrugs and doesn't answer, just looks at Sasha. "That it works," He says nodding to her burnt flesh. I glare at him and pocket the necklace. 

"Well, looks like you aren't safe anymore." I say. "Sasha now has your scent; there is no escape for you now." 

He glares at me. "Maybe not, but they will find me, and soon. They will just have that doctor make me a new one." He hisses before his eyes widen and he stops talking.  

"What are you talking about?" I ask. 

"They'll find you Dee, no matter if I'm tied up or not. You will be the alphas, right after your eighteenth birthday. And if you don't show him what he wants to see your as good as gone, no matter how much I love you I won't get in the way of him killing you, just as long as he kills me after. Then we can be together-" 

Sasha punches him in the face, shutting him up. "Enough of the crap, stop sprouting riddles, tell us exactly what you mean, what about her eighteenth birthday?" 

He groans spitting out blood. "Times ticking Dee, only a few more weeks until he gets you. He's been waiting your whole life for this." He says faintly making me confused once more. 

Sasha goes to punch him again but I stop her. "He's been waiting years for you to- to-" He groans out. "Don't let your fear hold it back; he knows what you're capable of. That's why he wants you to rule with him, you've just been-" He coughs. "Holding it back." 

That's all he says before he's quiet, his body not moving and I groan. "You knocked him out again." I groan making her give me a small apologetic look. 

"I'm sorry, I just needed to get my hits in for what he did to you, and I didn't get to beat the s_it out of him before." She says sheepishly. "But hey, he told us more, it was still a riddle, but it was a lot clearer than before." She says. 

"What the hell do you think he's talking about?" I ask. 

She shrugs. "How about we go over what he did tell us, from the start. Maybe something will clear up and make sense." 

I nod, that's all we got right now. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................... 

I didn't sleep at all last night. After Jared passed out yet again we stayed for another hour before waking him up and forcing him to eat. After that was taken care of we put duct tape back on his face and left. 

We talked through what he told us, it wasn't much and it was confusing but after a few times of going through what he told us we finally came up with more of the puzzle pieces. 

This alpha is obviously a stalker who has been watching me my whole life, waiting for something to change with me it sounds like. He plans on kidnapping me and having me rule by his side, and because Jared helped I will be forced to be with him. This alpha thinks that I'm holding something back, but what? My inner psycho that really wants me to go around killing everybody? It doesn't make sense. He didn't really clear up anything for me; instead he just left me with more questions. Our questioning failed. 

After leaving the mill we went straight to work, just on time too since the school let out. Preston came to visit just like he promised he would. I smiled and acted like I didn't just kidnap a person and almost torture him for information. Wow, ok, maybe I do have an inner psycho in me. Not good. But anyway we pretended that we were working all day, they didn't suspect anything. 

Now today, we were ditching school once more to go to the mill. Probably not the best idea considering we didn't make up a lie on why we weren't at school, but we couldn't really leave Jared in there without feeding him. I'm not that cruel. 

So here we are driving to the warehouse bright and early. Last night my head kept going back to the things he said. He made no sense at all and didn't really answer any of our questions. I was hoping that today I could get through and solve his little riddles. 

Sasha parks a street away leaving us to walk to the mill, since it would look suspicious to have her car out in the front of the building and everything. We are just lucky there weren't a whole lot of houses around the mill. We walk alongside the fence until we come to the whole in the fence. Only Sasha doesn't go inside. 

In fact she seems to go into alert mode, sniffing the air, her eyes closed. She lets out a growl and a string of curse words before rushing through the fence and into the building. Rushing after her I try to call out to her, to see what was going on but I get my answer when I walk into the room. 

The chair is shattered to pieces, the rope cut up, the lamps all smashed leaving glass scattered around the floor. I gasp at the sight. What the hell happened? Sasha snatches something up from off the ground and cusses again. 

"What the hell happened?" I finally ask my eyes searching for any sign of life. 

"This, this happened!" She growls waving the paper around in the air. 

Rushing up to her I grab the piece of paper from her and read, 

I told you they would find me soon; I guess I forgot to mention they keep a tracking device on me. I'll be seeing you soon love. It's nice to know that you like playing games, only next time it will be you who is tied up. Love always J. 

I curse and kick the glass. Great, just f_cking great. What more could happen? 

I groan when Sasha throws me on the ground, her stance in front of me is protective. I'm about to complain until I hear something from outside the gates. It sounds like growling. Rising up to my knees I peek around Sasha just as she lets out a bark of pain and is forced to her knees shakily. 

"Sasha! What is-" 

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Preston growls out stepping inside the mill, Scott and someone else standing behind him, in their wolf forms. 

My eyes go wide as I take in his hard look, his eyes darkening as he sniffs the air and let's out a low menacing growl. I look at Sasha, worried about getting caught, and being in trouble. This cannot be happening. Out of all the luck in the world why is he here? Why now!? My eyes go back to him and I swallow hard at the look on his face. I'm in deep S_it. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

A\/N: Well? Like? Hate? Thanks for all the reads, votes, comments and support. It means the world to me:) you guys rock. 

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355 43 32
WARNING THERE ARE CURSE WORDS AND LOTS OF THEM TO SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CURSE WORDS THEN STOP READING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW AND GO FIND SOMETHIN...
1.2K 12 24
Seven years ago, Devyn Fredericks mother went missing, her older brother ran away, her dad stopped talking, and her uncle became a big part of her li...
1.2K 79 28
Olivia embarks on an uncanny adventure trying to find her truth, having to go into hiding as a rogue in a new town, to most of her memories unknowing...
18K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...