Give Your Heart A Break (Tony...

By ro7137

Riley O'Conner is a top class secret agent who you don't wanna mess with. She is a troublemaker, stubborn, ca... More

Chapter 1: The Bet
Chapter 2: New Mission
Chapter 3: The Promise
Chapter 4: So Close!
Chapter 5: Sparks
Chapter 6: Riley's Past
Chapter 7: Clubbing
Chapter 8: Would He Be Worth It?
Chapter 10: First Date
Chapter 11: Tesseract
Chapter 12: Phil
Chapter 13: This Is Going To Be A Hard Decision
Chapter 14: Tony or S.H.I.E.L.D?
Chapter 15: Germany
Chapter 16: Thor
Chapter 17: Finding Out
Chapter 18: Argument
Chapter 19: Argument Part 2
Chapter 20: Phase 2
Chapter 21: Attacked in the Helicarrier
Chapter 22: Confession
Chapter 23: I Am The Element
Chapter 24: Fighting Chitauri
Chapter 25: Missile
Chapter 26: It's Time To Go Home
Author's Note
Chapter 27: 1999, Switzerland
Chapter 28: Anxiety Attack
Chapter 29: Aldrich Killian
Chapter 30: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 31: Gotten Out of Hand
Chapter 32: Maya Hansen
Chapter 33: Attacked
Chapter 34: Tennessee
Chapter 35: He's Alive
Chapter 36: Captured
Chapter 37: Fake Mandarin
Chapter 38: Ziptied on a Bed
Chapter 39: Barrels of Monkey
Chapter 40: Almost There
Chapter 41: "She Was Already Perfect"
Chapter 42: Arresting Mexican Drug Dealer
Chapter 43: Talks
Chapter 44: Facing Trent
Chapter 45: Cheating???
Chapter 46: Proposal
Chapter 47: Taken
Chapter 48: How Is He Still Alive?!
Chapter 49: Its All My Fault
Chapter 50: New Enemies
Chapter 51: Waking Up
Chapter 52: Phone Call
Chapter 53: Heartbreak
Chapter 54: Tears
Chapter 55: This Is It
Chapter 56: Too Late
Chapter 57: It's Time To Go
Sequel Sneek Peek
Sequel

Chapter 9: Would She Be Worth It?

9.3K 227 47
By ro7137

Chapter 9: Would she be worth it?

Riley's POV:

Finn and Kara went up the stage.

"Well now that everyone is finally here," says Finn giving Tony a look.

"We would now like to tell everyone to take a seat at their designated spot and please enjoy the clip," says Finn.

He sat on his spot next to Kara. I sat on a spot where it has my name on it, but just my luck it's beside Tony. Tony sat down next to me. I ignored him. The projector screen was brought down as they dimmed the lights. The clip played showing when Finn and Kara's wedding.

It was adorable. The clip ended, everyone clapped and the lights went back on. Finn stood up from his seat and went up to the microphone with a glass of champagne in one hand.

"First off, I would like to thank God for bringing this perfect little lady in my life," he paused, he glanced at his wife and gave her a wink.

"That woman is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. She never gave up on me, no matter how much of an asshole I was back then. Falling in love with her is the the best choice I've ever made. If I never met her I'd still be a lonely manwhore I was back then. So for all those who has a special someone in their lives, don't hesitate to fall in love because it's worth it. If you're scared that you'll get hurt, well it's part of the package. You can't have a rainbow without a little rain and same goes for love. Don't let that special someone slip out of your fingertips because you'll deeply regret it. Tell him or her what you truly feel... Before it's too late." He did a little bow and everyone clapped

Tony's POV:

I know Finn is mostly sending that message to me. I told him my situation the day after Riley and I went clubbing.

I look at Riley and foud myself staring at the most beautiful girl in the world. She's breathtaking. But I saw a flash of sadness in her green eyes.

Finn rose his champagne glass and so did everyone else. "Cheers." Everyone said 'cheers' and drank their champagne.

Should I tell her how I feel for her? Would she be worth it? Of course, she will be. A slow song started to play. Okay, now is my chance.

I stood up from my seat and opened my mouth to ask Riley to dance but fucking Terrance had to come.

"Wanna dance?" He asks her.

"Get away from her," I said to him cutting off whatever Riley was about to say.

"Why don't you just fuck off Stark and while you're at it just go back to you little hoe," says Terrance glancing at Kelly, disgustedly.

Why the hell did I even bring her? Oh yeah, trying to make Riley jealous. But I don't think it's working.

"Let's go Zach," says Riley getting up from her seat and dragging Terrance to the dance floor.

They started to slow dance. I felt my blood boil. That's suppose to be me dancing with her.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder, it's Kelly.

"Tony baby, let's dance," she said seductively biting her lip.

I pushed her hand off me.

"First off, don't fucking call me that ever again. Second, just fucking leave me alone. Just leave and go back to dancing on poles, you whore." I snapped at her.

Her jaw drops and her eyebrows furrowed.

"I told you to fucking leave, didn't I?" I ask annoyed.

She made a small 'hmmp' sound before storming off. I turned my attention back on Riley. Why is she even with him?

I felt a hand touch my shoulder again.

"I fucking swear I will-" I turn and see it was Finn, not Kelly.

He raised a brow.

"Sorry I thought you were someone else," I muttered trying to cool off.

"I see you didn't take my advice well," he says glancing at Riley and Terrance.

I sighed heavily.

"And why the hell did you bring another girl?" He asks, shaking his head.

"I didn't want to admit to myself that I am actually in love. All my life I spent it with a bunch of random one night stands. When Pepper left me, I thought I wouldn't find another girl. But no matter how much I try to not think about Riley, it never works. And I thought that if I brought Kelly with me, it would make Riley jealous." I explained to him.

"Look Tony, I know that you enjoy your one night stands. But ask yourself, is it going to be like that for the rest of your life? And I know that you're in love with Riley, I can see the way you look at her, and also because you've changed so much ever since she came into your life. Don't let her go." He pats my back before walking back to his wife.

Finn is right. I can't let Riley go. Okay, that's it.

I approached Riley and Terrance.

"Riley, it's time to go," I tell her but kept my hard glare at Terrance.

"Can't you see we're dancing?" Terrance asks glaring back at me.

They stopped dancing.

"Can't you see, I don't give a shit." I grabbed Riley's hand and dragged her outside.

Zach cut me off standing right in front of me. I let go of Riley's hand as I clenched both my fist.

"You're not good for her Stark, but I am," he smirks.

He goes up to Riley and cupped her cheek. He was about to kiss her but Riley pushed him off and slapped him across the cheek.

I grabbed him by his suit and roughly pinned him against the wall. He groans.

"Tony, let him go," i felt Riley's hand on my arm.

"Don't fucking touch her again or you'll receive much more than bruises," I threatened him.

I threw him hard on the ground.

"Fine, have her! She's garbage anyways," he says as he got up and went to his car.

"Don't listen to that asshole. You're not garbage, not even close." I assured her.

She didn't say anything. I walk up to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask trying to look at her eyes but she just avoids my gaze.

"You wanna know what's wrong?! First you kissed me. Then you ditched me to go with some whore and you came back beating up Zach. After that you started making me feel like you actually care. And now you brought another girl tonight and started getting into my business. Like what the fuck Tony?! I'm so tired of all your damn games." She says irritated.

I sighed and smiled, it's time to tell her.

"You know Riley, before I always thought that love was just a theory, that it is something people just think that they feel when they get close to someone they like. I thought love was just a waste of time and that you'll just end up getting hurt, so what's the point? But I've leaned that true love does exist and it's not just a theory. It's something that is so special that changes you for the better. I've learned that, some love doesn't need to go through here," I pointed at my head.

"Because it goes straight to here," I said pointing at my left chest.

"And you taught me that, Riley. I've changed so much ever since I met you. I care for you more than I probably should. I think you're the most beautiful and perfect girl I've ever seen and met. I tried getting over you because you're in my head 24/7. The only reason why I brought that girl tonight was just to simply try to get you jealous. And what I'm really trying to say is... I really like you Riley." I confessed to her.

Why did I chicken out?! I was suppose to tell her that I love her!

Riley's POV

I was shock and surprised from Tony's confession. Honestly that was the best speech I've heard in my life. I can tell he was sincere about it too.

I also do really like Tony to the point where I almost think I'm in love with him. I look at Tony who was waiting nervously for my reaction.

"I really like you too, Tony," I tell him making him smile big.

"Yes!" He cheers fist bumping the air.

People looked at him and I giggled. He stroked my cheeks with his thumb.

"How long did you rehearse that for?" I teased.

He chuckles, "it kinda just got out of me"

He put his hand on my neck, looking deeply into my eyes before crashing his soft lips on mine. He kissed me gently but passionately, our lips moving in synch.

I hear people clapping and Finn cheering. We ignored them and continued kissing.

Truth is, Tony did change me as well, like a lot. I've never felt this way for a guy before. I've dated hundreds of guys but Tony is different. And most of all he turned me into a softy. Something that I don't think someone was capable of doing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 284 26
(Y/N) (L/N) is a victim of one of HYDRA's experiments. She is stronger, faster, and smarter than all of the Avengers combined. One day she escapes bu...
494K 16K 48
Being kidnapped is bad, being kidnapped when you are an undercover shield agent is worse, but when you are kidnapped from a underground bunker while...
25.2K 579 19
Aurora Stark has always been in the spotlight. As the only daughter of Tony Stark, she has been expected to maintain a certain image. But all she tru...
164K 2.4K 29
{FINISHED} This story is about Y/N as the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Your powers are the same like Wandas and Steves. Your life isn't easy bu...