Not Your Average Girl

By Unimaginable21

Lola Kloss is average, what with her girl next door looks, blonde hair and blue eyes galore. But underneath t... More

Copyright statement
Foreword
1 || Life is like a toilet paper

2 || Blonde Jokes. Headlock Chokes.

66 3 7
By Unimaginable21

As I flew home, the difficulties of removing the tight spandex which was stuck to me like a second skin, struck me as less than graceful. Of course, because of my mood the weather kept getting worse and rain kept pouring down, the thundering getting louder by the second. I reached home in an hour because of the shit weather and my shittier attitude.

As I peeled off my suit , my body grew rigid because of the cold. Pulling on my sweats gave me a sense of relief and warmth. I shook my suit to remove any traces of water and made a mental note to wash it. Holding it in my hands gave me time to admire the cobalt blue skirt with a small silver belt etched into it and the matching cobalt full sleeves crop-top with a silver cape attached to it. The mask which covered almost all of my face was a striking darker shade of blue than the rest and, of course, my knee length boots which had a built in pocket to keep my small silver knife.

I traced the silver lightning logo on my top while sniffing it. Unsatisfied with the current odor and my misfortunate events only made me rethink my decisions of keeping it back in my hidden closet, and I quickly threw it in my laundry basket, promising myself that I would wash it later.

Slowly climbing down the stairs, I reached the dining hall where my mother was seated on the table. She smiled up at me and said,"Welcome home Lola! How was your day?"

"Same old same old, mum", I replied. Her gaze was fixated on my lips and I reached out and kissed her on her forehead. She signed at me, her face expressing disdain and ordered me to eat. In response, I nodded and helped myself to her delicious home made meal.

I glanced at the clock just as it struck ten. The noise of the cuckoo bird startled me as usual, but it didn't even faze my mum. That was when I noticed her hearing aids had been laid out on the kitchen counter. I pushed my chair back, retrieved them and stuck them in her ear.

She smiled gratefully and said,"I wasn't able to remember where I had kept them."

I looked at her sparkling eyes and shook my head. Instead of replying, I simply nodded and went back to eating my food with a small smile tugging on my lips. As the weather cleared up, I realized my mum always seemed to bring up my mood.

********

The next morning I was up and out of my house early. I wore my regular skinny jeans with a graphic comic top and sneakers. My bag, as usual, was very heavy with my books as well as my super suit.

I was in my first year of college and to be honest, classes plus my superhero duties were piling up and it was very hard to keep track of everything. As I headed to my first class for the day, an arm was slung over my shoulder and I was slowed down by a heavy weight who was known as none other than Seth Parker.

"Well well, if it isn't Seth Parker again," I grumbled out loud.

"Awww, how cute! You knew it was me without even checking! I'm honored to be in your 'I know who it is without even looking back' list," he smirked.

I shrugged off his hand and said,"Isn't it too early for you? Shouldn't you be sleeping at home as usual and bunking classes?"

"Now that we're done with our daily dose of fighting, can I tell you a joke?" He said while smirking.

"Go ahead Seth. You brighten up my day every time with your amazing jokes,"I replied in a monotonous way.

"What did one blonde say to the other when she asked for the capital of Mexico?" He asked.

"What"

"It's 'M' of course!" He laughed and shoved me.

"Is that supposed to be funny? You're such a loony booger! You're racist! Wait... That doesn't make sense! I know!! You're being a blondist!" I scoffed back.

He looked at me and burst out laughing again.

"Did you just call me a booger, Lola?"

"So what if I did, Seth," I chastised back.

I shoved him but he rarely budged and when he had done the same I thought I was gonna land far far away. But you see , Seth has this kind of love hate relationship with me because right after shoved me, he did hold my hand so I wouldn't fly off and knock into the lockers.

Even though I am a super, his strength always shocks me. And as usual right before I ran away he shouted,"Bye bye blondie!" And again as per my usual routine with him I gave him my middle finger salute.

*******

A few days later

As per popular demand, I found myself being pulled out from my precious nap time and pulling on the familiar spandex suit. Tch tch! Obviously I had quite a few replicas of my suit. Having just one would be dumb.

My spider senses were not very active these past few days and that only meant one thing. The city was safe for a while before something big might happen.

And that just so happened to be today. The pain in my chest today seemed to be quite strong. After each minute I could feel my breathing getting harsher and tears were now freely flowing down my face. The feeling was inexplainable. It felt like an elephant was sitting on top of you while a python kept constricting your air flow by squeezing your neck.

I leaped out of my window and with a clumsy start I rose above the clouds. I kept flying faster and faster till I reached the destination where my senses were at their highest. I slowly descended, anxious to see if there were any bullets being fired.

The first bang went off suddenly and after that a series of them followed. The area was on the outskirts of the city where all of the mafia and gangs lived. I was expecting to see few people fighting it out but what I saw made the hair on the back of my neck rise.

The dried up grass was covered with splatters of blood. Dead bodies were lying everywhere. In the center of all of this stood a group of twenty men, all poised to battle it out with me. Their guns were are raised towards me and one by one they all aimed and fired.

I dodged all of them except one which lodged itself into my calf. My calf burned and blood oozed out of the gaping hole. I staggered from my position in the air yet looked towards the sky. My blue eyes glowed a grayish white before the first signs of thunder and lightning struck.

Laughing manically I called out,"Come out, come out wherever you are. Momma's got a lesson to teach you. The last thing you'll see is blue."

Just as I said that fifty more men came out, holding various objects, ranging from machine guns to baseball bats. The rain grew heavier and the temperature dropped as my anger grew stronger.

The men billowed out various battle cries and headed towards me as I descended. This will be easy enough, I thought. I concentrated my mind towards the rain and willed it to flow towards the men in thick sheets so as to blind their eyes.

The thunder rumbled louder and louder as almost all of the clouds gathered overhead of us, that was when the lightning struck. I started aiming all of the lightning at the men and as most of them had some sort of metal in their hands, they hit the ground within seconds of coming in contact with it.

The rest of them rushed towards me with a renewed force and came at me in small groups. The first three I took out easily with a punch to the stomach and my trademark headlock chock. As I fought, I suddenly felt the presence of another super aiding me to kill these maniacs.

Now this was strange for me as I haven't ever needed the support nor had I ever been helped by another super. See, when a powerful superhero comes to the rescue all of the other minor ones just help the people evacuate or help the medic team but they don't ever interfere with their work.

So I naturally I felt a little defensive about my position and called out to the super dressed up in a bright red and gold suit. He whipped his head towards me and said,"Take the back to back stance and we'll win this in seconds."

I did as I was told and wiped out more than a few guys with the lightning before saying," I don't need help newbie. Get off my turf. This isn't my first time."

"Can you just trust me for once? I know what I'm doing," he replied instantly.

Within a matter of a few minutes there were no more goons left standing and I crumpled to the ground as my calf started hurting like a bitch.

The anonymous super carried me easily, bridal style might I add, and leapt over the bodies. He sprinted towards a high rise building and snuck in through the back. After we reached the basement, he unlocked a red Porsche car and helped me into the front passenger seat.

"Address?" He asked.

I scoffed,"Why would I give my address to some random super? I don't want to be stalked for the rest of my life, thankyou very much."

He looked at me and said,"Hello. My name is Dynamite. I have come to your aid in your time of need. Now please comply with my wishes and give me your address."

I shook my head and huffed,"No. You can leave me near kings cross tower. I can walk from there."

I tried to sound brave even though the blood dripping from my calf was currently drenching his seat. I thought boys loved their car yet he wasn't saying anything to me at all. Strange.

He shrugged and drove me to the tower. As soon as we reached there he grabbed my thigh and pulled my leg up on his lap. He gritted his teeth and said," You got lucky Lo- Storm. It's just a flesh wound."

I spun my head towards him and pushed him back, in turn, pulling my leg out of his grip. My eyes glowed as I said, "What did you just call me?"

"Storm, look now is not the time to worry about your identity. Just let me treat you first and we'll talk about it tomorrow," he sighed.

I blanched and looked at him shocked. This super knew my identity. That means he knows which school I go to. Who my mother is and my friends too.

During my hyperventilating session, he was silently wrapping a gauze tape around me leg and trying to stop the blood flow. After five minutes of complete silence he opened my door for me and pushed me out slightly. All I could do was stare at him but in my head I was trying to formulate a plan to kill him.

Just before he shut the door and drove away he said," Bye bye blondie!"

*********

So can anyone guess who Dynamite is? ;) Early update if you can.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975K 22.2K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
50.3K 186 10
As the title says
915K 81.7K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...