This I Promise (Beast Boy x R...

By DiamondClark

"RAVEN STOP THIS! THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!" "Beast Boy-" "PLEASE RAVEN! PLEASE!" He begged her, tears tri... More

The Promise
The Letter
The Search
The Cloaked Girl
The Goodbye
The City
The Revealing
The Cost
The Forgotten
The Dream
The Torn
The Small and The Fall
The Decision
The Council
The Black Witch
The Plan
The March for Maleta

The Mistake

1.4K 59 23
By DiamondClark

"Alright, remember to stay close." Raven said, "The caves will split up here and taking the wrong path could mean trouble."

"Got it" Beast Boy said.

It wasn't long after saying that they came to a big opening in the cave where it split to three different paths. In front of the paths was a statue of a strange beast.

"So cool." Beast Boy murmured as he gazed at the statue.

"This way." Raven said as she began walking down the left tunnel.

Beast Boys gaze was focused on the statue as Raven continued walking down the path.

"What's this?" Looking closer at the statue Beast boy saw something glimmering and tried to reach for it.

"Just a little further..." he mumbled as he reached further up the statue to grab the shiny object.

"Ah Ha!"

Boom!!

Beast Boys short lived victory was cut off by and explosion going off in the cave tunnels.

The explosion shook his surrounding and forced him on his back as dust floated around the air.

"Raven?!?!" Beast Boy chooked out between coughs.

"Raven where'd you go?" He gasped as he inhaled a mouth full of the dust and started looking around he tried to find the tunnel she had went through.

As the dust began to settle, Beast Boy heard a heart wrenching scream echo through one of the tunnels.

Before he could even think, his body sprung into motion as he rocketed down the tunnels towards the sound.

Rushing around a bend in the tunnel he was suddenly thrown back onto his butt as a magical shield blocked him from going any further.

On the other side was a scene that made every ounce of strength in him plummet to the ground.

Her green hair hung low over her face as the familiar girl was held to the wall by a spear pierced through her abdomen.

Tears fell down Beast Boys face and suddenly replaced with an unearthly rage that consumed his mind and soul.

Beast Boy, consumed by rage, suddenly burst through the barrier and sprinted all the way to the end of the tunnel where he found a gaurd.

The guards face turned stone white as he gazed in fear at Beast Boys transformation, but Beast Boys focus wasn't on the petrified human in front of him. No, his gaze was on the long pointed spear in the guards shaking hand.

The firey rage consumed him as he dashed at the gaurd, ripping his throat and then throwing his lifeless body across the opening to the other side.

A scream rang out in the area as Beast Boy slammed his fist into the ground.

Looking up, he saw a crowd of people, many of whom held weapons pointed at him and were shaking down to their very core.

Before Beast Boy could even think to stop himself, the rage took over and he ran at the group of people.

~~

Raven coughed as the dust settled around her.

She couldn't get back to where Beast Boy had been because the tunnel had caved in a sealed off the way she had came.

She just hoped Beast Boy wasn't still at the statue when the explosion went off. The explosion had been big enough that it could have shook out the halogen that the rebels had place in spots around the statue.

There was no telling what would happen if someone so irrational like him inhaled that stuff.

Raven let out a sigh and shook the dust from her cloak. She had a few scratch marks from falling but other than that she was okay.

Turning away from the caved in portion of the tunnel, Raven walked down to the end of the tunnel till she got to an opening that was glowing green and purple.

This was their mining ground, she thought to herself. Glancing around she tried to find the little girl with green hair.

Flying across the ceiling, Raven took extra precautions to not be seen by the occasional Draeja gaurd walking around forcing the human slaves to work harder.

She wasn't like these people but seeing them being treated that way disgusted her. Most of these people here were captured from the rebel group that hangs out somewhere in these caves while the others were children and others that were picked up from what ever city the Draeja destroyed.

You could tell the difference between the rebels and the others by the look on every rebels face.

That disgust and hatred writen faces. The ones who haven't given up and still had hope for a better country.

A sudden cry made her stop and quickly glance around. Being thrown to the ground by a guard was a little green haired girl with tears falling down her face.

"No! Leave me alone!" Sunshine yelled at the huge orc looking creature in front of her.

Her body was shaking and her eyes were flooded by tears.

The gaurd jerked her off the ground and into the air by her arm, causing it to dislocate.

Sunshine let out another scream as more tears fell down her face and she began to cry.

Raven watched from above in anger. She barely remember the little girl who had helped her in the desert, but she was furious.

She was about to jump down and rescue the little girl, but suddenly froze and hid in the shadows as the huge door off to the right began to open slowly.

She heard chains clanking and heavy foot steps enter through the door.

Pressing further into the ceiling she watched as the leader of the Draeja walked in with his giant battle axe hung around his back. He was a huge creature that was said to kill a Voar with just his bare hands.

A chain whip hung at his side and behind him was his ugly little pet, a huge wolf foaming out the mouth and flesh rotting off its bones.

She felt sick to her stomach as he looked over at a nearby slave and then with with a chuckle, he dropped the chain holding the beast.

With wide eyes the slave got up and tried to run only to be jerked down by the chain holding him in place.

Raven turned her head as his screams were suddenly stopped by the crunching of bones.

Covering her mouth she tried her best not to puke right there.

Her eyes quickly turned to the small girl frozen in horror staring at the huge Beast in front of her.

With tears still falling down her face, Sunshine backed away with a whimper.

Suddenly the beast stopped chewing on the lifeless body in front of it and turned it's attention to the whimpering little girl.

Ravens heart dropped at the same moment that the beast dropped it's kill and faced Sunshine.

It's master watched it in amusement as the beast began pacing towards Sunshine.

Saying a quick prayer in her mind, Raven didn't have much time to do anything else as she pushed off the ceiling and flew straight at the beast.

As if sensing her, the beast jumped back and slid across the ground as Raven sent a dark shockwave at it to further the distance between them and the man killing beast.

The whole giant room seemed to grow quiet as all the attention was focused at the sudden appearance of the dark girl before them.

The rebels began to quietly whisper to each other as the leader of the Draeja glared at Raven in anger.

Glancing around, Raven noticed that some of the rebels stood in a battle ready stance as if they were prepared to fight to the death.

She needed a way out, and these people just might be her answer.

Closing her eyes she focused her energy on all the chains around everyone's feet as the beast began to run back at her.

Before it could reach her, Raven managed to snap all the chains, setting the prisoners free and then quickly threw up a wall of darkness to protect her and the little girl, now clinging to her leg.

Suddenly the place lit up in chaos as the imprisoned rebels picked up what ever they could use as a weapon and charged at the gaurd and at the beast. Though their weapons consisted of rusty pickaxe's and chains, their numbers were greater than the Draeja at that moment and the leader was forced to run.

Raven tooked this moment to grab Sunshine and fly out of the place.

As she got back up to the top from where she came, she heard the large doors creak back open and watched as an army of Draeja rushed in.

Quickly covering Sunshine in her cloak while covering the little girls ears, she turned away from the slaughter that consumed the area.

She felt Sunshine crying into her cloak and she quietly stroked her hair to calm her.

"Shhh..it'll be okay. I've got you." Raven whispered to Sunshine.

"M-mommy..." Sunshine whimpered back.

Raven let out a sigh. "I'm not your mother, but when we get out of here I can take you back to her" She told Sunshine as she stroked her hair.

With tears still in her eyes, Sunshine looked up into Ravens eyes and stares onto them.

Raven felt chills go down her arm from the little girls intense gaze, but she shook it off and held out her hand to Sunshine. Come on, we need to go find Beast Boy before he does something stupid.

*******

I really hate that it took this long to update. I was hoping to have this up sooner but unfortunately with this being my senior year I have been EXTREMELY busy.

So ya, as always, let me know what u think and I appreciate people correcting my misspelling lol. And also let me know what you guys thought about the chapter.

No clue when next update will be but hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you all have a fabulous year!

Love ya,
~Diamond

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 151 25
*(COMPLETED) "The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth." He bit his lip. "I wanted to te-" His eyes began to water...
1K 52 13
"Who were they???" his voice came out as a whimper. he is so fragile that if I try to touch him he will scatter in pieces. wait what am I thinking d...
45.5K 1.5K 75
[***EDITING***] It was boring, having to wait. Not knowing how it will end. My plans were simple enough, if he didn't like me, then my life was over...
156K 3.9K 62
"The only way out is through." ***Warning: Is very triggering. Lots of detailed descriptions of abuse*** When your life turns into a nightmare and so...