✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon...

By softballtayy7

(The Sequel to A Melted Heart) Electra Gilbert finds more dangers than expected when Damon and her finally be... More

✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Return
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Bad Rising
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Memories
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Kill or Be Killed
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Plan B
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Killing Katherine
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Elijah
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Katerina Petrova
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Surrender
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Light of The Moon
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Descent
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Daddy's Home
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Crying Wolf
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Dinner
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Guest
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Know Your Enemies
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Dance of The Century
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Klaus
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Final Day
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Sun Rises
✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) As You Lay Dying

✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) New World

23.9K 370 49
By softballtayy7

Sequel to : A Melted Heart

I stood next to Bonnie and Elena, as I looked at the list in my hands. Today was Mystic Falls high school annual carnival. Why am I looking at a stupid list of things that has to be organized or done in order for this thing to be a success? Well because Caroline is still in the hospital.

"Katherine looked just like you." Bonnie said to Elena who was looking over my shoulder at the list, "It was freakish."

I scoffed, "Tell me about it. I mean she slipped right under my nose the other night. Trust me I know how much they look alike."

"She is mine and Electra's ancestor." Elena said with a sigh, "Hey where are we moving the student booth Lec?"

"The cafeteria."

"Your vampire ancestor. And she didn't just resemble you, like Electra, she was you." Bonnie explained further to Elena who ripped a bag of stuffed animal prizes out of my hand and then began to put them behind the counter at one of the games.

Elena threw a stuffed animal down, "I- I don't know. I can't explain it." She said with a shrug, "It's creepy, that's all I got."

Annoyed with this conversation about Elena and I's ancestor, I began to help setting the stuffed animals up as well. This better be one heck of a carnival..

"How do you know she's not still out there? Pretending to be you." Bonnie pressed.

"We don't." I said.

"But I could sit here-" Elena said while grabbing another item she needed to set up as she began to walk away, "And be tortured by the not knowing- Or get these prizes to the ring toss."

I looked towards my older sister to see her struggling with opening a bag of the plush toys. So with a roll of an eye, I walked towards her and helped. We ripped the plastic bag open together and well... Continued to set up.

Bonnie sighed, "So have either of you talked to Damon since he almost killed Jeremy?"

Elena instantly tensed up, as I did the same. I really didn't want to discuss this at this particular moment, but I knew that they was only a slight chance that I could avoid answering my witchy friend.

"No Bonnie I haven't." I said turning around to face her. My eyes were probably blazing, and showing how much I was already hating this conversation.

Elena shook her head, "Me either. And I won't. And I'm pretty sure that Electra feels the same and doesn't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related... okay?"

A smile played at the corners of my lips. At this very moment, I was glad that Elena was annoyed with this conversation like I am. And that she told Bonnie to basically shut up about it, but in nicer terms of course.

"Copy that." Bonnie replied.

And then Elena shoved a bag of animals into my hands. Their fuzzy coats tickling my face, and causing me to sneeze.

I shot her a glare but she ignored me, "I'm human. And I have to do human stuff because other wise I'm going to go crazy."

"Okay.. I'm sorry, I'll focus-" Bonnie apologized to my sister with a small smile, "We have to make Caroline proud or she'll kill us."

"I don't know how she does this all of the time." I said out loud as I let out a small laugh thinking about her neurotic self.  

"Well she's not human... obviously." Elena joked back as she marked something down on the list.

"Obviously." Bonnie giggled.

~*~*~

Later that night, I had met up with Elena and Bonnie yet again. I was actually pretty exhausted today though from all of the setting up and managing for the carnival.

I have no idea how Caroline does this all of the time, I'm dead serious.
"The ring toss is out of dolls and Team Jacob tees." Bonnie explained to Elena who was managing the stocks of the games.

"Okay, I can grab some from the science club." She said.

I cleared my throat, "Also, we lost a speaker in the karaoke booth."

"I'll get it." Bonnie piped up and then she smiled at us, "Guys! Take a breath. Look around, it's a huge success."

"You mean-" I said leaning in and making my face go all serious, "The Gilbert sisters can do more than reek vampire havoc?"

Bonnie gasped in surprise, "Go figure."

We all laughed at our joke.

"Hey! Carter right?" Elena called looking past us to a dark skinned guy who was actually fairly attractive who was working, he looked back at us, "Your with the carnival?"

"That'd be me." Carter said walking towards us with a smile on his face, making his brown eyes sparkle.

"Okay great-" Elena began but it seemed to me that Carter didn't hear her. His eyes we looking past my sister to.. Bonnie. Carter looked her up and down and had a boyish smile on his face.

"Wow." Carter said looking at Bonnie, "What do you need beautiful?"

Bonnie giggled, "What do you know about karaoke speakers?"

"Why don't you show me the problem?" Carter asked with a smile.

"Yeah Bonnie." I said with a smirk playing on my lips as I looked over to my friend, "Show him the problem.. I'm sure he'd love you to."

"Okay." Bonnie said gleefully as she nodded towards a certain direction, "Come on."

Both of them laughed together as they walked away.

I turned back to my sister with a big smile, "Do you think she'll jump his bones?"

"Electra!" Elena yelled as she hit my shoulder playfully. I giggled and rubbed the spot where her hand had collided, "Be mature."

"I am." I argued.

Elena rolled her eyes, "Shut up, we have to get back to work." She giggled.

"But I really want to ride the Ferris Wheel!"

"Too bad." Elena said as she stuck out her tongue.

~*~*~

3rd Person's POV

Jeremy stood in the concession stand line waiting to be served when he heard a voice that sent chills down his spine.

"Jeremy!" The man said playfully, "It's so good to see you."

Jeremy turned his head to see none other than Damon Salvatore walking towards him. He rolled his eyes at his sisters boyfriend, or ex boyfriend. He wasn't quite sure of their standing as of the other night.

"Aren't you a little old for a high school carnival?" Jeremy snapped back as he received his popcorn from the man working the stand. He nodded a quick thanks as he turned back to Damon.

Damon grabbed a piece of popcorn as he spoke, "150 years too old."

"You think your pretty funny cracking jokes when I could- I don't know blow the whole lid off this thing by telling someone what you really are." Jeremy threatened.

Damon furrowed his brows for a second. He was considering how much more trouble he would be in with Electra if he set her little brother straight. He shrugged the thought off and then grabbed Jeremy, making it look like they were old friends.

"So please tell me that's not a threat." Damon said In Jeremy's ear as he held him in a slight head lock.

"Maybe it is." Jeremy said as he glanced down at his right hand where his ring- that was once his uncles, sat on his finger. The ring that would bring him back to life if he ever were to die by the supernatural.

Damon let out a sigh, as he grabbed Jeremy's arm. And forced him into a choke hold, "This is what were not going to do. Were not going to walk around like were invincible when it's this easy for me to end you." Damon hissed quietly in Jeremy's ear.

Damon then threw Jeremy out of his hold. Causing Electra's little brother to stagger back a few steps as he stared at her boyfriend.

"You want to tell people what I really am." Damon continued stepping closer, "Go ahead and try-" And then Damon help up the ring that was once on Jeremy's finger, "I will shove this ring so far up your ass, that you'll really have something to choke on."

After that Damon threw the ring at Jeremy hitting him right in the face. You could hear the ping as it hit the ground.

Damon then began to walk away before Jeremy's words stopped him.

"Yeah and if you do anything more to hurt me or possibly kill me!" Jeremy yelled in a hushed whisper knowing that people were around and that Damon could hear him, "And Electra will never forgive you!"

Damon stopped dead in his tracks. He turned his head slowly to look at the boy that was his girlfriend's brother, "Maybe so.. But I'm sure after a century or two, she'll get over it."

Damon then walked off without another word.

 ~*~*~

Electra's POV

After escaping Elena's dictatorship. I swear that's what it was like : 'Electra do this' or 'Electra the ring toss needs more stuffed animals'

I almost bashed my own head in.

Walking around the carnival was calming actually. Although, I hadn't seen any of my other friends since leaving my sister behind. But then I heard a loud DING.

I looked towards the sound to see that people were arm wrestling at a table. And who was there? None other than Tyler Lockwood, who was at this moment arm wrestling I think his name was Duke from the football team.

Smirking, I walked towards the table and stood beside Tyler.

"Hey Ty." I said with a laugh, "You losing yet?"

Tyler rolled his eyes, "Ha-ha, very funny Electra."

And then just like that Tyler slammed Duke's arm against the table. I smiled and let out a small giggle. He was still the same. Always trying his best to win arm wrestling matches when I was around.
Then Mason walked up behind me.

"I bet I can take you." He said to Tyler.

I smiled at Mason, "I don't know Mase, Tyler's pretty good."

"I'm better." Mason said as he went to the other end of the table and grabbed Tyler's hand. Tyler licked his lips as he stared at his uncle.

DING.

The bell sounded and both Mason and Tyler put all of their strength into beating each other. I kept cheering for the both of them, as their arms battled.

They stayed equal for a minute until Mason slammed Tyler's hand on the table without breaking a sweat.

"Is that it?" Mason asked Tyler with a smile.

Tyler was panting slightly as he spoke, "Alright he's the champ, who wants to go next?"

No one spoke for a minute. I knew that everyone was contemplating that if they couldn't beat Tyler, then they most certainly couldn't beat his buff uncle.

And then I heard his voice, "Stefan wants a go!"

I turned to look at him, regretting it instantly. There Damon was standing there with a smirk on his face as he looked towards his brother. He was dressed in black, of course, but it didn't make him look washed out or anything.

His blue eyes glimmered with amusement as Stefan agreed reluctantly to the challenge. What was Damon planning? I stared at him for a long moment as his eyes finally met mine. Damon's smirk dropped as he stared at me, there was remorse in his eyes.

The intensity was too great and so I forced my self to look away towards Mason and now Stefan. My heart was pounding in my chest and it wasn't from the intensity of the last arm wrestle. It was from Damon.

And I knew that if I looked too long into those pools of blue. I would forgive him. But I wasn't ready yet, I was still pissed about the whole Jeremy thing.

Damn.

I snapped myself back into reality as Stefan approached the table, "Go Stef!"
Stefan chuckled and shook his head at my immaturity. I smirked back at him and winked as I looked over to Mason.

"What about me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry bout that... Good luck Mase."

Mason smirked at me and shook his head, "Nah, I won't need it. But thanks anyways Lectra."

"My brother over there thinks I can beat you." Stefan interrupted Mason, and we all looked over to Damon to see him smirking as he waved his fingers.

Tyler scoffed.

"Your brother's wrong." Mason said as the bell rand and they began to arm wrestle as Tyler and I stood there watching up close.

I knew that Mason would have no chance against Stefan- seeing as though he's a vampire. And Mason is completely human. I mean seriously, that's like a fish and a bear fighting, it doesn't work.

I heard small growls coming from Stefan as they wrestled. I knew then that he was putting some of his inhuman strength into it. I looked to Mason to see him smirk before he slammed Stefan's hand on the table just like he did to Tyler.

How did he do that? Shouldn't Stefan have won? I mean Stefan is the supernatural being here.

I furrowed my brows as I looked over at Stefan, "Good job Stefan?"

Stefan nodded slightly at me as he made his way back to his older brother who was fuming. It was a pretty funny sight to see Damon lecture Stefan. It almost looked like Damon was about to rip his hair out.

I then felt strong arms pick me up.

"See told you I wouldn't need it." Mason said to me as he spun me around bridal style causing me to giggle. Only Mason would have the balls to do that, because other wise I would have probably punched him.

I rolled my eyes, "Show off."

Mason let out a booming laugh as he allowed my feet to touch solid ground again. I ran a hand through my hair as I looked over to Stefan and Damon to see them  still arguing in hushed whispers.

"Any one else?" Mason taunted as he looked to the crowd.

A boy in a red t-shirt raised his hand and walked over to verse Mason. The bell rang and then before the poor boy could fight back, Mason had already won.

I stared confused. How could he win this much and not even break a sweat? Something most defiantly wasn't right. Sighing I unfocused from the wrestling matches and looked towards the Salvatore brothers.
Stefan was standing there staring at me with an apologetic expression. Damon was no where in sight. I frowned and mouthed 'what?' but before he could answer I was slung over someone's shoulder. Mason and Tyler who were too preoccupied by the arm wrestling of course didn't notice.

I hit the mans' back, "Let me down!" The man who was carrying me was wearing a black shirt and dark jeans- oh no! It was Damon. "Damon put me down!"

I got not response as we finally reached Stefan.

Damon slung me off his shoulder and allowed me to regain my footing. I glared at him as I looked towards Stefan.

Stefan chuckled, "Told you that'd piss her off."

"Again." Damon said annoyed, "No comedic timing... At all."

"Why the hell did you drag me all the way over here!" I growled out glaring daggers at Damon, "I was having a good time with Mason-"

"Yes you were having too good of a time with Mason and failed to realize that he's not human." Damon interrupted.

I stopped talking. No, just because Mason beat Stefan without wearing out at all doesn't mean that he's a freak of the night. No offence to my vampire friends of course.

"W-what?"

"Yep that's right your little child hood friend is something else. And until I know what that something else is, you." Damon said pointing at me, "Are not going to hang or do whatever with him."

I sensed a bitter tone in his words.

I rolled my eyes, "Someone's jealous."

Stefan chuckled while Damon pursed his lips, "Here-" He handed me a ten dollar bill, "Go play some games, away from here."

"Why?" I asked, "I've known Mason since I was a little girl, he won't hurt me."

Damon sighed, "It's just not safe." He tried to reason with me, "So please Electra, just do this for me... Please."

I stared into Damon's eyes and noticed that he was pleading with me. For some unknown reason he didn't want me anywhere near the Lockwood's and it wasn't just because of jealousy. He was afraid that I would get hurt.

"Fine."

 ~*~*~

After blowing the ten bucks Damon had gave me on food- well I was starving since Elena wouldn't allow me to have a break. So I decided to spend the money on food. And lucky me I had ran into her once again.

"Electra! Where have you been? You were supposed to be back 30 minutes ago!?" Elena ambushed me as I held my popcorn in my hand.

"I got pre-occupied." I said to her, and then help up my popcorn, "Popcorn?" I offered.
Elena smacked the popcorn out of my hand in frustration.

"Hey!"

She sighed, "Sorry, I'm just stressed is all." Elena then looked down to the popcorn that was on the ground, "I'll buy you a new one later."

"No biggie." I said sarcastically.

Elena then let out a big breath through her nose. I knew right then and there I was going to get ripped into. Just like mom used to, but the funny thing is, she isn't mom. She's my older sister, my twin sister.

"Electra, Elena." Damon said from beside me causing me to jump slightly. Didn't he just say that it wasn't safe for me to be with him right now?

"What do you want Damon?" Elena asked bitterly.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see right now- but I need you to come with me- both of you."

"Whatever it is, were not interested." Elena snapped back.

"Yeah, I need you two to come with me right now Elena." Damon said  empathizing 'now'.

Elena and I stared at Damon for a long moment. I was searching to see if he was really serious right now, that he actually wanted me- or expected me to come with him after he bribed me to go away with money.

But then after a moment I saw that he wasn't kidding.

"Fine." I said glancing at my popcorn on the ground before looking at Elena, "We should see what he wants."

Damon nodded and then grabbed my hand and began to lead me, before I ripped my hand out of his.

I shook my head, "I haven't forgiven you completely yet, Damon."

Damon sighed as he stared at me. But he shrugged it off and lead us off in a certain direction for whatever reason.

 ~*~*~

"How did this happen hmm?" Stefan asked as he paced around Alaric's classroom. Yes we were using Alaric's classroom to hold our vampire related conference.

Damon was perched up on his desk, Elena and I just stood, while Stefan paced. I gulped as I digested the news we had just been told.

"Well I fed her blood, Katherine obviously killed her." Damon explained to a brooding Stefan, "And A plus B equals..."

"But why?" I interrupted, "Why would she want to turn Caroline?"

Yes that's right. Katherine had killed Caroline while she still had Damon's blood in her system and in return turned her into a vampire. And I guess according to the story Damon told us. She's here.

Damon saw her in a hallway and she brought up things about the past like him feeding off of her, ect. And that Katherine had a message for the Salvatore brothers, which was 'Game on'.

"Because Katherine is a manipulative nasty little slut." Damon explained, venom dripping from every word.

"And she said 'Game on?'" Stefan asked clarifying what Caroline had been told by Katherine to tell Damon, "What does that even mean?"

"Playing dirty.. She wants us to know." Damon said.

Elena furrowed her brows, "But why Caroline?"

I nodded in return. I wanted to know why Caroline as well. I mean she could have turned anyone. I'm sure Katherine knows that, so why did she chose Caroline?

"Caroline must be out of her mind. She has no idea what's happening to her." Stefan said running a hand through his hair.

"Oh, I think she does." Damon said, "My compulsion from the past, started wearing off the minute she was in transition."

"We have to find her." Stefan said, still pacing. The dude really needs a chill pill every now and then. You know what, I'll get that for him, for Christmas.

Damon nodded, "Yep, and kill her."

"Your not going to kill her!" I almost shouted across the room at Damon.

"She knows who we are, she's officially a liability, we have to get rid of her." Damon attempted to reason with me.

"Damon.." Stefan said to his brother with a disapproving look, "Absolutely not."

"Yeah were not killing Caroline!" Elena yelled.

"May I remind you of  a tragic little story of a girl named Vicki Donovan?" Damon asked us all. I froze, remembering her and how she was after she turned, "Yeah, Caroline of all people will not make it as a vampire. Much less a vampire hunter."

No one said anything, so Damon continued.

"Come on we all know how this stories going to end, so why don't we just flip to the last chapter and-"

"It's not an option Damon." Elena cut in her voice cracking and her eyes rimming with tears.

"No?" Damon asked skeptically, "Your silence is deafening Stefan."

I looked towards Stefan to see him looking at the ground shaking his head. I knew he was contemplating what to do, and was actually taking into consideration what Damon had just said.

Stefan looked up as Damon continued, "Wasn't there a school carnival the night you staked Vicki?"
Stefan didn't say anything.

"Talk about a town where history repeats itself." Damon said with a smirk before he narrowed his eyes at his little brother, "You know I'm right."

Stefan then walked towards Damon and pointed a finger at him, "Were not going to kill her."

Stefan left the room without another word. Elena shook her head hastily and then practically ran out of the room. I licked my lips and then followed her slowly, until Damon grabbed my wrist.

"It's the only way... And deep down I think you know that." Damon said softly as his grip loosened. I looked at him as I took a deep shaky breath.

"Maybe so." I said in a soft tone, "But we have to try."

Then I wiggled out of his grasp and left, trying to catch up to my sister.

 ~*~*~

I walked along side Stefan and Elena- well Elena. Stefan was like marching in a band and was a few steps ahead of us. Everything was quiet between the three of us.

The only thing on my mind was that Damon was probably right. We probably would have to kill Caroline.. As much as it pained me to think that. I tried to push it aside as licked my lips and walked on.

"You agree with Damon don't you?" Elena asked Stefan.

Stefan didn't reply instead he looked in a different direction.

"Stefan."

Stefan then walked over to a concession stand that was closed down and punched it, leaving a small dent. He was stressed.

"Stefan.. Hey!" Elena said causing Stefan to stop and turn around.

"Damon's right." Stefan said quickly, "Not about what we should do, but about what's going to happen." I bit my lip as he continued, "Katherine almost signed Caroline's death sentence."

Elena shook her head, "Well we can't let it end that way." Stefan just sighed as he shook his head,

"She's doing this to Electra and I? Isn't she?"

"Actually she's doing this to me." Stefan denied.

I smiled softly and put a hand on his shoulder, "It's not your fault Stefan."

 ~*~*~

Elena, Stefan, and I were now searching the carnival. We had to find Caroline before Damon did, otherwise my once friend would be dead by the hands of my boyfriend.

And yes, he's still my boyfriend after all of these advents. Surprisingly but I realized that if he feels the same way about me that I do about him, we'll get through this.

"Stefan where is she?" I hissed under my breath.

Stefan didn't answer. Instead he stopped dead in his tracks and looked around. I furrowed my brows, what was he doing?

"Do you hear her?" Elena asked.

"Yeah." I said glancing around, "What's going on Stefan? What is it?"

"Blood." He said In monotone as he stared in a certain direction, "I can smell blood." And then just like that the three of us ran off in that direction.

 ~*~*~

We had reached where Stefan had smelt 'blood' and now there was proof that his senses were correct. Caroline was hugging Damon with blood all around her mouth.

Damon then raised his arm with a stake In his hand. I gasped but before I had time to react Stefan was already at the scene and pushing Damon away from Caroline.

"Stefan!" Damon growled out as the stake fell out of his hand.

Elena and I then ran to Caroline's sides. Elena on her right and me on her left. I rubbed Caroline's back as did Elena until Caroline pushed us off of her.

"Get away from me!" Caroline screeched, "You killed me!" She continued as she looked at Elena.

"No no no! That wasn't me! That was Katherine!" Elena denied with pleading eyes as we stared at our friend.

I nodded, "Yeah Caroline it wasn't her!"

"No! Then why did she look like you!? Why!? Why did she do this to me?" Caroline asked aloud as her voice became slightly hoarse.

"Stefan, we've got to get her inside." Elena said softly as she put a hand on Caroline's shoulder again.
"Alright, alright come with me." Stefan said taking Caroline's hand in her own.

"She will die. It's only a matter of time." Damon said.

Stefan cleared his throat, "Maybe, Damon. But not now, not tonight."

"Yeah she is."

And then in a flash Damon picked up the stake and was headed for Caroline. Out of instincts I jumped in front of Caroline and put my body between Damon's and hers.

I gasped seeing how close Damon was to me. Our chests were pressed together as my heart pounded in my chest. I knew he could probably feel it radiating off of me. In Damon's right hand, which was raised, he grasped a stake.

He wouldn't kill her now. I repeated in my head as I stared at him, I knew that he wanted to do that. But I also knew he wouldn't, not now. Not since I was in the way.

"Damon.. She's my friend." I said sternly or at least tried to. My breaths were so loud and uneven I was unsure that he could actually hear me.

Damon stared down at me. His blue eyes were searching my brown ones as we stood there. There was a slight pain in his eyes as he gazed down at me.

"Damon.. Please don't."

And then just like that Damon took a small step back.

Damon looked over me to his brother, "If anything happens to her because of this, it's on you."

I let out a breath of relief knowing he was standing down. I furrowed my brows though. It was my fault that he couldn't stake Caroline. Why was he blaming it on Stefan? Although I knew 'her' meant me. Why would Caroline hurt me?

My mind was defiantly not working at it's best. Since I couldn't put the puzzle pieces together. But do you blame me? A lot has happened that past couple of days and I didn't get much sleep the last couple of nights.

"It's okay come on." Stefan shushed Caroline as they turned towards a building. And there in front of that building was Bonnie. Bonnie stared at Caroline horrified.

"Huh? You- you can't be." Bonnie denied as she gulped. Bonnie then rushed forward past Stefan and grabbed her arm. Her eyes glazed over and I know she was getting the same feeling that she got when she first touched Stefan.

"Bonnie.." Caroline cried out.

Bonnie shook her head and took a step back.

"Bonnie..." And then Bonnie walked away from Caroline, "Oh god, Bonnie.."

Bonnie walked over to the truck to see who Caroline had killed. And there in the back of the truck was the guy that Bonnie had thought was cute and was flirting with. Carter.

Caroline then turned back to Stefan as he ushered her away from the scene.

"Go with her." I whispered to Elena.

Elena stared at me unsure before she nodded and followed behind our vampire friend and her vampire boyfriend.

A tear fell down Bonnie's face as she stared at Carter's body. I took in a deep breath and then walked up behind her and rubbed her back.

 ~*~*~

"I can't believe this is happening." Bonnie said, her eyes were now rimmed red. I licked my lips but didn't say anything. I knew that nothing that I could possibly say would make her feel better.

"Come on." Damon said walking around from the opposite side of the truck, "Stop pouting, we've got a body to bury."

I shook my head at him as he came to stand next to me, "Thought you were calling the shots?" I didn't answer, "No?"

Damon then walked away from me and put the shovel in the back of the truck, "Sucks to be you buddy."

After that, everything happened so fast.

Damon dropped to the ground groaning in pain. He had both of his hands on both sides of his head, just like I did when I faked being a vampire the night of Founder's Day.

I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, and then it hit me. I looked over at Bonnie who was glaring in a very witchy way at Damon. She was making his head hurt.

She was doing this.

Damon held his head in his hands tighter trying to get rid of the pain as he rolled over onto his back. His whimpers of pain came out louder and louder causing me to flinch. And then a water hose came on and the water began to travel towards him.

"I told you what would happen if anyone else got hurt." Bonnie said to Damon as she continued to work her voodoo on him.

"Hey!" I yelled trying to get Bonnie's attention, "It wasn't his fault! None of it was!"

Bonnie gave me a weird look, "Everything that happens is his fault, Electra."

I looked down at the ground to see the water drifting closer and closer to Damon. It separated the area between Bonnie and I. The flames rose up a little less than a foot keeping me away from both Bonnieand Damon.

"Bonnie what are you doing?!" I asked afraid.

She didn't answer me, instead the line of water became enflamed with fire and drifted towards Damon. My eyes widened.

"Bonnie stop it!"

The fire then spread all the way to Damon's legs. He thrashed as they lit on fire and I felt my heart drop.

"Bonnie stop it! Your going to kill him!" I yelled at her my eyes wide with fear, not for myself but for Damon.

Bonnie then began mumbling Latin under her breath and I knew I had to stop her. I jumped over the flames in between us and ran at her. I shook her a few times until she snapped out of her trance.

"Why!? Why did you stop me!?" Bonnie exclaimed pushing my hands off of her after she came to her senses. I heard Damon groan in pain in the background as I looked at my friend.

I put my hands on her shoulders, "Because this isn't us! This can't be us Bonnie!"

Bonnie nodded slowly, tears streaking her face. "I- I have to go." Bonnie said all of the sudden as she pulled out of my grasp.

"Bonnie! What's wrong?" I asked curiously.

"I- just have to go."

Bonnie then turned and left with an almost panicked expression. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I knew she was still probably freaking out about the whole Caroline being a vampire thing. And everything else. I felt bad, almost as if it were my fault.

I then heard a groan.
Snapping out of my thoughts I turned around to see Damon struggling to sit up on the pavement. I ran towards him and helped him sit up.

"Hey, hey." I said to Damon as I rubbed his back, "Easy."

Damon chuckled, "I thought you hated me."

My eyes widened from surprise. Damon thought I hated him? Is he serious? I just about bulldozed my friend to save him and he thinks I hate him? Oh man this is rich!

"Why would you think that?"

"Hmm, well I almost killed your brother, took you away from the Lockwoods, and wanted and attempted to kill your friend.. Does that explain my thoughts?" Damon asked me.

I sighed, "Well for one, you didn't kill Jeremy."

"I almost did."

"Almost, but you didn't. And you did take me away from the Lockwoods but then again I suppose you had your reasons, and lastly you didn't kill Caroline."

Damon smirked, "If you didn't get between us, you know I would have."

"True... But you didn't."

"So do you forgive me?"

"I never said that Damon." I pointed a finger at him, "I said I don't hate you... Ask me tomorrow and you'll get your answer."

 ~*~*~

I felt a small stroke on my cheek, causing me to purse my lips as I slept. And then I felt lips press against my forehead. I slowly turned my head towards the way that the presence of a person was and fluttered my eyes open.

My chocolate brown eyes met two blue orbs. I squeezed my eyes tightly together to regain focus as I opened them again.

"Damon... what are you doing here?" I asked him softly.

Damon smiled a dazzling smile, "You said to come back tomorrow and well-" Damon glanced at my window, "It's almost dawn."

"Real mature." I giggled out as I sat up.

"Get dressed." Damon said as he motioned towards my closet.

I tilted my head, "Why?"

"It's a secret."

 ~*~*~

"Damon!" I giggled under my breath, "If we get caught I'm blaming it on you!"

Damon and I were now back at the school. And at the carnival. Everything was closed down of course, so I had no idea what Damon had in mind.

"Well being as smart as I am. I compelled the guard to go on break, so I could kiss my girlfriend at the top of the Ferris Wheel." Damon explained with a smile as he took my hand in his.

I stared at him in awe, "How did you know I wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel?"

"I'm physic." Damon said with a straight face until I gave him the 'yeah right' look. Damon chuckled, "No,you told Elena..."

"And she told you." I finished, "I should have guessed."

"Well I'm glad you didn't guess. Because otherwise it wouldn't have been a surprise." Damon said as we reached the ride, "Here we are, the good old Ferris Wheel."

"Damon.." I said with a smile as I stared up at the now lit up Ferris Wheel, "How are we getting up there?"

"You'll just have to hold on and find out."

Damon then wrapped his arms around me. I felt secure and safe in his arms, although I was a little nervous about getting up there. But I shrugged the feeling off.

He then jumped off the ground. I stared amazed as we went higher and higher. Towards the top of the Ferris Wheel. And then we landed in the seat causing it to rock back and fourth, but he held onto me and kept me sturdy.

I smiled widely and let out a laugh as I looked around. Looking back to Damon I saw that he was staring at me with an amused expression.

"What?" I asked him, "Is there something on my face."

Damon shook his head, "No, your beautiful."

I blushed and looked down to our intertwined fingers.

"So am I forgiven?" Damon asked.

I looked over at him. His blue eyes were sparkling with hope as he stared at me. Damon had a small almost pout look going on as he stared at me . I didn't  answer for a moment as I glanced around the area.

He had actually took me on the Ferris Wheel, after hours. Even though Elena probably gave him the hint that I wanted to, he didn't have to. Also even if he is impulsive he wants what's best for me.

Turning back to Damon I smiled, "Yes, Mister Salvatore, you're forgiven."

Damon tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Good, so now I can do this."

Damon then leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I felt my heart pound and my lips respond immediately. Our lips moved in sync for a few moments before we pulled apart.

I pulled away and sighed, "It's not going to get any better is it?"

"What's not?"

"Katherine.. The vampire drama, our small fights." I explained.

Damon shook his head and smirked, "Probably not, but it'll be easier if we stick together.. Just you and me."

"I like the sound of that."

 ~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 1.1K 17
In the tenth century Klaus and Kassia were childhood sweethearts;until the werewolves took her life. The witches cast a spell onto her, reincarnating...
35.2K 894 23
This is book two of Undeniable Attraction so please read that before reading this. The last book ended tragically so here we are continuing our story...
16.1K 247 27
Family was everything to Kate Salvatore, well that was until her family abandoned her ! Kate is the sister of Stefan and Damon Salvatore. She is a v...
296K 5.1K 50
Melissa Gilbert is older sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert she is Damon's girlfriend and like a sister to Stefan what happens when she meets klaus...