Running on the Beach at Night

Av akslate

Samantha "Sam" Smith grew in a small town in Martha's Vineyard, called Oak Bluff. Sam never drew out side th... Mer

Running on the Beach at Night
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 2)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 3)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 4)
Running on the Beach at night (Chapter 5)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 6)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 7)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 8)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 8 Continued)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 9)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 10)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 11)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 12)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 13)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 14)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 15)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 16)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 17)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 18)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 18 continued)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 19)
Running on the beach at Night (Chapter 20)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 21)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 22)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 23)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 24)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 25)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 26)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 27)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 28)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 29)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 30)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 31)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 32)
Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 33)

Running on the Beach at Night (Epilogue)

25.6K 590 104
Av akslate

Epilogue

          My helpless head laid over the toilet as a vomited everything I had eaten that morning up. This was getting ridiculous, I had been in New York a month almost and I was throwing up every day.

          “Samantha, get dressed. I am taking you to the doctor today and I don’t care what you say.”  Carter yelled at me from the other side of the bathroom door.

          “Carter, I am fine. I am just stressed out, and you know what happens when I get stressed out.” I yelled back, I wasn’t about to let him take me to the doctor.

          I ignored him rambling from the other side, and quickly stripped from my cloths. I reached inside the tub in my bathroom and turned the shower on. A hot shower would do me good right about now.

          I stood under the hot water that spewed from the overhead faucet and it felt amazingly good. My mind started wondering off track as I started to feel nausea again. I hunched over holding my stomach tight, hoping that the pain would go away. After I gagged for a moment, my conscious started thinking.

          What if your pregnant, Samantha?

          At that moment my heart stopped beating, and my mind searched through the days and months. It wasn’t possible; I had my period every month, at the same time.

          There was no way I was pregnant, besides Danny wasn’t able to have kids.

          Whew, my heart finally slowed down a bit as I made the assumptions. I giggled a little bit, as I turned the water off and hopped out of the shower. When I got out of the shower, I wiped the mirror off with my bare hand and then looked at myself.

          My mind immediately thought of Danny, and how much I missed seeing him every day, but right about now he was happily married. And I was just here. Yeah, I know I had Carter, but it wasn’t the same. Carter didn’t make me feel the same way as Danny did.

          I quickly dressed and ran a brush through my long, dark hair and then walked out of the bathroom. I see Carter waiting around for me, I smiled at him politely and then he grabbed my arm. “Samantha, this isn’t healthy. You’ve lost like what, 20 pounds? I am taking you to the doctor.”

          Carter escorted me to my room, where he left me to get dressed. I sighed as he walked out, feeling somewhat depressed. I wanted to see the ocean so badly that I thought I would go insane. I quickly slipped a pair of jeans on that were nearly falling off and a plane white t-shirt.

          Might as well get this over with.

          Reluctantly, I walked out of my room where I saw Carter pacing back and forth. “Calm down, Carter. I am fine.”

          Carter looked at me seriously, “Are you…? Are you starving yourself?”

          I looked at Carter like he had lost him mind, and then I started laughing. “Carter, you come over here every night after practice and you watch me eat like a cow. In the past month, I have been eating more than you.”

          I watched Carter as he thought for a minute. “Yeah, you are right. Well, what’s wrong with you?”

          I sighed, “I’m telling you, its only stress.”

          Carter pulled me by the arm, and dragged me down the stairs of my fully paid town 2 bedroom house in Manhattan. “Well, there is a doctor’s office right down the street, and I am taking you to it. Just in case.”

          I giggled a little bit, as I didn’t protest. “Whatever you say.”

          Moments later we were sitting in the quiet doctor’s office. I grabbed a Cosmopolitan and started reading through it as Carter fidgeted. “Carter, calm down. What is wrong with you?”

          Carter looked over at me and blushed, “You know how I feel about doctor’s offices. Terrible memories” Carter closed his eyes and I laughed a little bit.

          “Well, this was your idea.” My gaze fell back down to the magazine sitting in my lap and I started reading.

          I was never the type to not like the doctor. It never really matter much to me, but I was an impatient person. I hated to wait around on them. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a door opening. I looked over at the blonde headed nurse looking down at some papers.

          “Miss Smith?” Her head suddenly popped up and looked around for me before I stood up and walked towards her.

          The nurse gave me a nice look and then led me to my room. I sat around in silence for a little while waiting for the doctor when he finally came about. He was a good looking doctor but he was way too old. Maybe in his thirties?

          I smiled at him as he walked in and sat in the stool across from me, “Miss Smith?” He looked down at his papers as well, “Samantha, what’s wrong?”

          I explained the feelings I had been having, and the problems I had been having as he checked my heart beat.

          “Take a deep breath.” I took a deep breath, and then looked at his dark hair. It reminded me of Danny’s. Finally, he pulled away and then looked at me, “I would like to take a blood sample and a urine sample, and then maybe I can put a finger on what might be wrong.”

          At that moment, I laughed. “Why a urine sample?" I asked curiously.

          “Make sure your not pregnant.Are you okay with that?"

          “Sure, that’s fine.”

          After I went to lab and gave a blood sample, they also made me pee in a cup for some unknown reason.

          Afterwards, I was led back to my tiny room to wait. I leaned back in the chair, and took a look at the small white room. I sighed, and took a look at my watch. It had now been fifteen minutes and the doc was a no show.

          I shifted on the uncomfortable chair I was sitting in and then, someone walked in. I looked up at the doctor as he gave me an odd look, and sat down on the stool.

          “Miss Smith, can I ask you a couple of questions?” My heart sped up as he looked at me seriously.

          I nodded quickly and waited for him to continue.

          “When was your last period?” He looked down at the paper and waited.

          I looked around, counting in my mind how many days it had been. I knew it hadn’t been long. “About maybe 14 days ago?”

          I watched as he wrote something down on his paper, but didn’t look up. “When were you last sexually active?”

          My mind immediately thought back to the morning Danny had made love to me on the couch. My hands started immediately shaking, “Uh, about 2 and half months ago.” I looked at him with an annoyed look.

          There was no possible way I was pregnant.

          He nodded for a moment before saying anything, “Where is this leading doc? I mean there is no way I could be pregnant. I haven’t had sex in two months, plus I have had my period regularly.”

          I waited for him to look up at me, when he finally did he was smiling. “Well, Samantha. You are indeed two and a half months pregnant.”

          My heart slammed against my chest as his words hit me like a slap in the face. I sat there for a moment, stunned.

          “Congratulations, Samantha.” I watched as the doctor stood up from his seat but I stopped him.

          “There is no way. The doctors told him he couldn’t have children.” Tears welled up in my eyes as I explained to the doctor my situation.

          “Mrs. Smith, doctors aren’t always correct. Or maybe, he just got a lucky break.” I felt the doctor put his hand on my shoulder, and I froze. “Go home, tell him. I’m sure he would be extremely excited.”

          Sure, a married guy will be ecstatic that he got another woman pregnant.

          I slumped down in my seat, and the tears started falling. I was pregnant, with Danny’s baby. I sat there for what seemed like forever thinking about everything.

          Just as I thought everything was getting better, I find out I am pregnant with a married guy’s baby.

          Will I ever catch a fucking break?

So, what did you guys think?????? Yes, sadly this was the last chapter. BUTTTTTTT  the sequel will be coming soooooooooooooooooon. Very soon.

But, as for now. I wanted to know if you guys saw Sam’s pregnancy coming? I know, I hinted around about it a lot. But I still wanted it to be a surprise. But anyways please comment and let me know!

Please, please, please comment, and tell a friend!!

So, would you guys like a description?

Here ya go,

It happens, the moment you grasp that your dreams are finally sitting in the palm of your hand, and then you suddenly realize that they weren’t anything that you expected them to be. Well, at least that’s what happened to Samantha Smith. Five years had passed since she had left her home town to go to New York, leaving everything and everyone behind. Including the infamous Danny Bradford. Samantha’s life is now perfect though, her first published book is at the top of New York Times bestseller list. New York Met’s starting pitcher, Carter Nash, is practically begging for her hand in marriage. Not to mention the fact that he wants to father her child. Perfect is what most people call it, but not Samantha.

           What happens when Samantha is suddenly faced with going back home and picking up the pieces that she thought she had left behind for good? Sam realizes that life will never be easy when she is faced right in front of the guy that held her heart so closely all those years ago; the guy that she has been keeping a secret from for five years.  All she knows is that perfect isn’t in the description. Will the secret that Samantha holds bring them together, or rip them farther apart?

          What do yall think? Let me know, I still need a title if any of you have any good ideas!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

673K 25.9K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
192K 8.5K 52
A bet. A tape. A betrayal. Two years ago everything crumbled in Nova Jensen's perfect world after trusting her heart to the wrong person only to find...
3K 382 62
Best friends, Izzy and Em, have been star pupils at their all girls boarding school Watford High on Sydney's North Shore for years. Since joining cla...
403 33 33
This book is now available at Barnes & Noble and nook. This is now only a sneak peak of the book. Trina is a writer, one of her books finally made t...