Orange is not your colour - R...

By mihzJem

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am rewriting this and aiming to finish the book! I wrote this years ago when I was younger, a... More

Chapter 1: walk of shame
Chapter 2: ready for these balls?
Chapter 3: Paparazzi and nude runs?
Chapter 4: nutriloaf?
Chapter 5: Strip poker and angry visits
Chapter 7: Never make a deal with the devil
Chapter 8: delivery gal
Chapter 9: Untouchable
Chapter 10: Confessions and storms?
Chapter 11: When lightning strikes
Chapter 12: Synovial joints and punches
Chapter 13: The sexy midget with three missing teeth
Chapter 14: Going to the dentist can be very full filling.
Chapter 15: Fifty shades of nope
Chapter 16: Radio could kill the inmate
Chapter 17: Snitches are bitches
Chapter 18: SHU TIME
CHAPTER 19: Why we're here

Chapter 6: The golden hair brush and near death experiences

64 5 8
By mihzJem

Chapter 6: The golden hair brush and neardeath experiences

It's been a week since my talk with Wolfe and I've attempted to avoid him at all costs. That night, I was somewhat vulnerable and let myself go, but now I'm proving that I'm not weak.

I was taking a shower in one of the stalls before I slightly slipped and landed on the wall. As I landed I felt a brick move slightly from my impact.

"That's weird." I whispered to myself before turning to face the wall. I noticed the brick straight away as it was slightly protruding in. I quickly moved the brick and it detached from the wall without any effort. I then noticed the hollow inside of the wall; this caused me to look inside. I detected something golden and I decided to stick my hand into the wall. It was all dusty and I scraped my hands on a few broken pieces of brick before I grabbed something solid.

I took it out and revealed a golden coloured hair brush.

"What the..." I mumbled to myself.

"HEY RICH BITCH" a tempered voice yelled out.

I sighed.

"What" I grunted.

"Hurry up sweet cheeks, we don't have all day"

I rolled my eyes before shutting off the water.

I gripped the brush tightly before sticking out my other arm and grabbing my towel from the rack.

I then stepped out whilst setting the towel around me.

I hadn't noticed the whispers that were escaping before me before I heard someone clear their throats.

I looked up and noticed one of Barbies minions staring at me.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I will trade you five packets of sour patch kids for that brush." She whispered as she leant closer towards me.

"Huh?" I asked in a daze.

"That golden hair brush; I need it" She asserted.

"Why should I give it to you huh?"

"Please" She begged.

"Well what's so important about it? Why do you need it?" I interrogate.

"If I tell you, you won't give it to me" she whispered.

"Well then have a nice day" I salute, before walking away.

"WAIT" She yelled as she grabbed my shoulder.

"Fine" she sighs. "Whoever finds the golden hair brush, gets to spend two days with the bachelor of the month" She explains.

Everything she had said doubled over.

"What?" I asked laughing at how stupid she had sound at that moment.

"We have this bachelor system going on here; you know some entertainment for the ladies and the men. There's a new bachelor every month and the golden hair brush is always hidden somewhere different. We don't know who hides it but we do know that if you find it, you're a lucky girl" she further explained.

I looked at her with a "are you fucking with me" look.

"Look please! The bachelor is Wolfe and everyone knows that he is the most wanted guy here and I have a colossal crush on him." she whispers.

"Well if you know me, you would know that I'm a lot smarter than I look and I never take the first bid, who knows what the bidding range for this would be." I announced before smirking and walking away.

This could be a great opportunity for me, I could gain some power with it. Who knows what bids I would attain from a crappy painted golden hair brush.

I decided to hide the brush inside my towel to avoid any attention; I needed to strike at the right time.

As I walked out towards my room, I thought about this whole bachelor system going on. It sounds stupid but I am not surprised. We are all teenagers and this does seem like a teenage thing to do. However, I didn't think Wolfe was the type of guy to be a part of something like this. But I guess my judgements are slightly wrong.

I walked towards my room and the breakfast bell went off.

I quickly made sure no one was in the room and hid the hair brush under my mattress.

I then quickly got changed into my uniform and headed out for breakfast.

My mind kept discerning about that brush! I could do myself some favours with it; I knew Barbie basically wanted Wolfe's dick twenty four seven and most probably loathed the fact that another girl would be spending time with him for two days. I could get something out of her, gain some well needed power, and make her prepare me some real food, anything!

I walked into the dining room and sat at my table.

"Guys I have some great news" I announced.

"I love me some great news." Oreos replied whilst forking most of her plate into her mouth.

"You really need to talk without the presence of food in your mouth, and perhaps eat with your mouth closed." Hollywood asserted Oreos which caused us all to chuckle.

"Anyways, I found the---"

"Golden hair brush" another voice finished.

I turned around to reveal no one other than Barbie. 

"I knew you were bound to find out about it. But I didn't' expect you to come to me this early. Desperate much?" I asked her with a smirk.

"Bitch got burnt" I heard Oreo's mumble with a slight chuckle.

"No, I just like to claim what is mine before anyone else can" She emphasized, before taking a seat next to me.

"Did I say you could take a seat next to me" I spat.

"You will after I give you my proposal" She announced with a smirk.

Before she could talk I hushed her.

"You can give me your proposal later, I want to save the best bid for last" I winked before getting up to get a plate of food – Or if I can even call it food. I mentally applauded myself for my confidence and my handling of the situation.

--

I looked at my schedule after breakfast. I had community service after a two hour janitor shift, but before my work shift I had some free time. I decided to use the free time to start up the bidding procedure.

I quickly headed out towards the field with the brush placed securely in my bra. It was quite uncomfortable but I couldn't risk someone snatching it off me, I mean surely I'm surrounded by some people who are kleptomaniacs.

I then stood up on one of the benches. I looked around to reveal several girls so I yelled out.

"I've found the golden brush! Bid's start now" I announced. As I made the announcement, everyone turned to look at me with varying looks on their faces; confusion, surprise, desperation, you name it.

Then after about a few seconds of silence, girls started running towards me.

"Two Twix bars", "A pillow", "my shower time for a week", "I'll do your laundry"

"Whoa ladies! Please one line" I yelled out among the frantic offers.

"What's going on here?" Seth asked behind me.

I turned to reveal him grinning.

"Well apparently there's this whole bachelor thing going on around here and if you find the golden brush you get to spend two whole days with the lucky bachelor." I explained whilst chuckling. Saying it out loud made it sound so puerile.

He looked confused which caused me to chuckle. 

"And you see I found the brush, and I don't want to spend two days with some guy so instead I'm trading it for the best bid."

"Smart girl, I like it" he winked but before I could reply he cleared his throat as he took in his flirty remarks and the girls around us. Who knows what rumours could initiate from our friendship? I mean I'm attracted to him but he's an officer, the furthest we can go is him grabbing me by the wrist and taking me too solitary. Officers and inmate relations were prohibited.

He gave me a knowing smile before heading off.

I then turned back around to the multitude of girls before me.

"Okay girls, this is how it's going to work. I will leave an empty carton of milk outside of my room and you will all leave bids in there; find a little piece of paper, write down your bid and name and I will pick out the best bid. Whoever has the best bid, wins the golden hair brush. You have 24 hours, good luck." I announced, before stepping off the table and heading towards the janitors closet. I sighed, I hate janitor duty.

I knew my system was flawed; girls could easily rid of other people's bids to make theirs have an increased chance of winning. But it was just a façade to get Barbie scared so I know she will give me what I want. I knew what I was going to do with my brush and this is just part of my plan. 

--

"There's this thing going around that you found the golden hair brush" a voice let out behind me.

I finished up the wall I had been wiping before turning around.

"Well that thing going around is correct." I informed Wolfe.

I then grabbed my spray and wipe and walked away.

"Why are you selling it?" he asked as he grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Because it's highly valuable" I shrugged like the net value of the brush was obvious.

He looked at me with an unreadable expression. "Well obviously it's valuable. It's me. I know most the girls want me." He shrugged. 

I rolled my eyes and then went to walk away before he once again stopped me.

"I'm glad you found it, but if it's not going to be you, please don't choose some psycho." He asked as he looked me straight into the eyes.

"Don't worry" I reassured. "I'm going to choose your girlfriend, so you're safe. I already know she's going to have the best bid but I don't want to look like I'm giving in easily. I'm smarter than that. And I'm sure when she gets the brush you guys can continue the fun you had last time on my bed" I assured. 

"She's not my girlfriend." He yelled out as I walked away. 

--

Today the community service my group was assigned to do included walking dogs. I am genuinely so excited. I love dogs and miss my American Staffy, Chucky who was stuck at home without his mummy. Apparently interactions with dogs elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine which are nerve transmitters responsible for pleasure and relaxation which is why it benefits us delinquents. Also we are walking the dogs from the pound which is our service to the community.  I am definitely not complaining. 

Unfortunately, we have our permanent groups, meaning I was still in a group with Wolfe. 

This also meant that my attempts to avoid him weren't working.

"Here buddy" I said as I took hold a leash locked onto a cream coloured pug. It struck my interest as I always thought pugs were literally cute; ugly but interesting. 

There were about twenty dogs at the pound and we got to choose which one to walk. I felt so sorry for these dogs, having no owners and all. I see how we are giving back to the community, since dogs are a part of it.

To my surprise, Seth was one of the JJC officers responsible for our group and we all left the pound and walked to a local dog park.

Seth stood close by me and kept sneaking me glances. I smiled back at him and we walked beside each other in a comfortable silence. 

It was quite calming and relaxing, and I see how this is beneficial. The calmness I was exposed to was then faltered from the sounds of an annoying egotistical male beside me.

"I hate dogs" he mustered, obviously struggling with the leash as he chose a very ... manic dog.

"But aren't you considered to be a part of the same family as dogs, since you're an alpha and all" I joked. 

"Say hi to your cousins" I added which caused him to role his eyes.

"Hilarious" he replied monotonously. 

"So about the other night, are you going to keep avoiding me or are we going to talk about it?" He let out, breaking the silence.

"I'd prefer to keep avoiding you" I suggested. 

"Wow that's a first, girls never try to avoid me" he chuckled. 

"Well I'm not like most girls." 

"I can see that."

Before I could reply, the pug I was walking started to chase something which caused me to run along with it. I had no control and I had no idea where it was taking me. I struggled to make the pug stop running by pulling on the leash, but I failed.

Before I knew it I had fell into the lake adjacent to the park.

I yelled out as I fell in. I merely managed to miss a large rock. 

"Jaedyn?" I heard the familiar voice of Seth call out from above the water.

My leg was tangled in some weeds and I was stuck underwater.  I fumbled with the weeds, trying to untangle them but it wasn't working.

My heart started to race as panic raced through me as I was losing my breath by the second.

 The dog had escaped somehow as I let go of the leash, leaving me behind. I thought dogs were supposed to be beneficial?

I then felt pressure beside me as a body had landed in the water. I recognised the body as Seth due to his JJC uniform. He swam to me with his eyes opened and I pointed to my leg that was caught in the weeds. He noticed straight away and he started to untangle the weeds. In a matter of seconds my leg was free and I swam back up to gasp for air. He joined me a few seconds later and I looked at him.

"My knight in shining armour" I stuttered out, as my heart was still racing.

He smiled at me with his perfect smile and all I wanted to do was crash my lips on his, but I knew I couldn't; that's what made him even more desirable.

He then grabbed my hand and helped me to swim back to land. Once we reached the land he got up and unbuttoned his shirt and squeezed the water out. This gave me the perfect opportunity to take in his muscularity and his perfect physique.

I internally groaned at the sexual frustration I was feeling at that moment.

"How the fuck did a pug, the size of my fist cause you to fall into the lake and nearly drown?" Wolfe chuckled as he walked towards me.

"I swear it has like bionic strength or something" I replied, still stuttering which caused him to laugh.

"Stop laughing, I nearly died okay, you could be somewhat nice." I added. 

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood, don't need to get all moody on me." He defended. 

I rolled my eyes at him as my teeth were chattering due to my prominent wetness and I was undoubtedly freezing my ass off. 

"I would give you my jumpsuit but I don't want you to drool over my body." He joked. 

 "You are so annoying".

--

"Five more to go" Seth yelled out as I was basically dying.

"I can't" I breathed out as I finished off a burpee and push up complex before laying stomach down on the grass.

It was currently around five pm and dinner had just finished. I had some designated reflection time and Seth offered to train me. I obviously accepted, just to spend time with him but now I totally regret my choices as I am currently sweating like a pig and I feel like I'm swallowing microscopic glass fragments. This is due to the current, freezing cold weather conditions and increase in ventilation.

"Next time, you have to finish. Remember just do it and no giving up" he motivated.

"Yes, next time..."

Once I caught my breath, I pushed my arms out to push me off the grass. Once I was on my knees, Seth helped me up.

"Thanks." I mustered whilst wiping off wet grass from my sweatpants.

"Here." he said as he handed me a water bottle.

I thanked him again as I bit my lip. I quickly took a sip before noticing that he was staring at me.

"What is there something on my face?" I asked.

He chuckled at my question and shook his head. He was about to say something before someone interrupted.

"I see someone's trying to get fit" I hear the sneer from that stupid, addictive, husky voice.

"Go away Wolfe" I spat out before stretching my burning arms.

"You know before I got locked up I was actually a pretty successful boxer, if you want I can help you defend yourself just in case you experience any girl on girl brawls." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Seth who had an annoyed look on his face.

"No thanks Wolfe" I said dryly.

Just as I rejected Wolfe's suggestion, I mentally and physically froze; my stomach dropped and my heart rate accelerated at the sight of them.

They are going to kill me.

"U-um Wolfe, I-I th-think I wi-will t-t-take you u-up on your ... offer" I stuttered.

He looked surprised.

"Seriously?" Seth and Wolfe asked in unison with raised eyebrows. They then looked at each other with a look of disgust.

I nodded in reply with fear detonated through me.

Why were they here? Why weren't they be sent to another centre?  They told me they wouldn't get sent to the same centre if I talked. Why? How? What?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 11.6K 27
THIS BOOK IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION! WARNING: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY, DUE TO STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT AND LANGUAGE AND SOME SEXUAL VALANC...
9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
19 0 9
This book is about Y/N ,Jeongin and their love story. Y/N dad always hated her because he wanted a son, but he had a son.He wanted two son, but he g...
142K 2.3K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...