Falling Through The Surface *...

By shaunwey

Layla Clancy is the adopted daughter of Hunter Clancy and Bella Clancy. She's abnormally happy and loves life... More

Falling Through The Surface
Karsen- Too Quiet
Layla- Worthless
Karsen- Time Goes By
Layla- Turtle Shell
Karsen- Possesive
Layla- Breifly
Layla- Regret or Revenge?
Tony- Determination
Layla- Shattered
Layla- Forced
Karsen- Realization
Bradley- Uncle
Layla- Betrayal
Danny- Mistake
Layla- Surprises
Layla- Awe
Macy- The End
Bradley- Showing some
Layla- Lost
Karsen/ Tony- Over
Bradley- Handled
Bella- Shock
Layla- Crystal
Layla- Accepting
Layla- Bitter Elation

Layla- Heartbroken

94 2 0
By shaunwey

Layla

Picture of Danny to the side

"Oh...Layla...." Karsen winced, looking at the bulky cast that encased my wrist. I wasn't in the mood for talking, so I just brushed past him. My books in the other hand felt like they weighed eight tons.

"Layla, stop!" Someone called, I turned looking up to glare at Karsen. It wasn't Karsen. It was my old ultimate crush. Liam Ranthon. I felt my cheeks heat up as he approached, wondering what he was doing talking to ME.

Obviously, I wasn't popular. I wasn't as pretty as alot of cheerleaders. I wasn't willing to put on a show. He took long strides, pulling me by my uninjured elbow to a corner by the janitor's closet. He had to bend over almost in half to whisper in my ear.

"Meet me after school, behind the library."

I blinked in a daze, and he walked away to a group of friends. I took a shaky inhale and a smile broke across my face.

He wanted to meet me, ME. I did an internal fist pump and dandied along the hallway's, a loony smile on my face. When I got to first period, I accidently sat next to Macy who snarled and shoved me with a," You and your whore germs aren't sitting next me."

"Ok, not like you don't already have them." I sighed, dreamily going to sit in a seat next to a random nerd who said nothing and stared at me the whole time.

He nudged my arm," Is it true you slept with the whole football team?" He asked.

"Nope." I replied, smiling hugley at him. He seemed confused, but I couldn't care less.

"Macy's saying you did." He told me, I shrugged. I flipped my hair over my shoulder and turned to glance at him," I'm flattered she had nothing better to do than to talk about me." I giggled, Macy heard and sent me a glare. I stuck my tongue out at her chidishly. Karsen and Bradley were eyeing me from across the room.

The bell rang and I skipped down the hallway, a couple," Lalalala."'s slipped out of my mouth. Karsen who was walking normally beside me demanded to know what I was so happy about.

"Who knows, puppies and sunshine." I cooed, reaching up to ruffle his hair. He laughed and turned to Bradley," Dude, she's drunk."

"I am not drunk!" I exclaimed, but fate made me stagger at that moment and they exchanged looks.

"I can't beleive you came to school drunk." Bradley's expression was dissapproving.

"No way, she was totally sober this morning." Karsen said.

"You drank at school! What were you thinking Layla?"

"Yeah, and who were you drinking with? I can't believe you didn't get caught."

"I'm not drunk." I repeated stubbornly.

"Maybe she's not." Karsen said doubtfully.

My eyes caught on Liam who was walking down the hallway in the oppostie way as us. When he saw me his face lit up and he gave a smile that melted my heart. When we passed each other he nodded at me.

I gazed at him over my shoulder and slammed my face into a locker.

"She's drunk!" Both Bradley and Karsen concluded at the same time. They glared at each other for a moment before laughing about it.

"Aw, jinx, isn't that so dreamy." I breathed, giggling uncontrolably.

"I think she might be high, too. Maybe we should take her home." Bradley suggested.

"NO FRIGGIN WAY!" I screamed, gathering alot of glares.

Bradley raised his hands, palms down in defeat," Fine fine, drunk Layla can stay."

"Don't forget high Layla." Karsen reminded.

"Angels are singing." I told them and they laughed at me.

It seemed the day couldn't pass fast enough. When the final bell rang I was the first one out of class. My books were slammed as fast as possible into my locker.

And then I grew nervous. I speed- walked to the tree behind the library. My eyes flicking around. No one was wathcing me thank God.

A frown plastered across my face, it felt odd after a day of grinning. I wondered how I did it all the time.

I sat down under the shadow of the leaves, making myself comfortable in the shade. The grass tickled my hands as I layed them on the ground. I heard a rustling in the tree and peered up, nothing.

Stop being paranoid, I told myself.

After a while I saw Liam making his way towards me. He gave me a smile and I returned it. I stood, wiping my sweaty hands on the bark casually. He stopped in front of me, he towered over me.

"Hey, Layla." He greeted sweetly.

"H-hi." I stuttered breathily, oh God, he was perfection.

He leaned forward," I wanted to talk to you about something." He said, I stood there staring at him for a moment like a fool before I realized I was supposed to respond.

"Oh! Yeah, what about?"

He brought a hand up to brush my cheek and my whole body seized up. His thumb trailed over my cheek bone. My eyes fluttered closed. I had forgotten what it felt like to be touched by someone who cared. Tony used to touch my like this.

Tony... my breath came faster. I tried to stop it but my heart rate sped up, a cold sweat broke across my forehead.

I stepped back, opening my eyes.

Calm DOWN, Layla. It's not Tony. I stared up, shadows crossed my his face, twisting it. I screamed.

"Don't touch me, Tony! Please, I didn't break any rules, please!" I cried. I saw his eyes angle down in concern. I was attracting attention now.

"Layla..." His hand came out. My hands flew up trying to protect my face. My fingertips dug into my forehead.

"Please, I swear, I didn't break any rules. I swear, just please!" I whimpered brokenly, my back sliding down the rough bark of the tree. People were gathering now. Some were laughing, some looked sympathetic.

"Layla. I'm not Tony. I'm not going to hurt you." Tony covered up.

"Don't lie, if you're gonna do it just make it fast, ok?" I begged," Please, just knock me out first. You know I don't like it when you leave me awake." I pleaded, crying steadily.

"Layla!?" A different voice called. Karsen.

"Oh, God no." I spoke, pushing to my feet. I blinked the tears out my eyes.

Karsen was coming, I would be safe. The panic slowly subsided as I gazed up.

Liam's face was the one before me. Oh no. I looked around widly, people were snickering and pointing.

I had just done this in front of half of the school.

He reached out, trying to wipe a tear away. Anger built up inside me.

"Did you bring me here just to scare me? For a prank or something? I don't think it's funny." I glowered at him, his hand jerked away just as Karsen broke through the crowd. He looked angry.

Without a pause he punched Liam in the mouth," Leave her alone! Can any of you get a life and just leave her alone?"

He wrapped an arm around me," C'mon lets get you home." He threw a glare over his shoulder at Laim who was on his knees, cupping his jaw," Put some ice on that." he advised coldly.

We drove home in silence, said our good- bye's. I entered the house and made my way upstairs.

Dad caught me on the way up. His gray eyes filled with worry as he saw me.

"Lay? Is something wrong?" He went to touch me. I flinched, his hand dropped. He looked sad.

"Just leave me alone, okay? WHY CAN"T LEAVE ME ALONE!?" I screamed. Pushing him harshly into the banister and went into my room, slamming the door so hard the wall viberated.

Five mintues later Mom was knocking softly on the door, trying to lure me out with a soft voice.

"Layla, honey, let's talk about it."

" I don't wanna talk about it." I growled. I opened my laptop and powered it on, I needed a distraction. Pointless YouTube videos seemed like the key.

"Come out here, now." Mom demanded, her voice entirley changing. It did that some times, like a switch when she was mad. It was kinda creepy.

"GO make out with Dad or something." I told her flippantly, drumming my fingers lightly on the keys. Mom's voice turned sluggish as my eyes focused on the video box at the bottom.

I had it automatically set so that any new video's in my area would show up.

'Layla the slut cries like a baby' glared at me, with an image of me curled pathetically in a ball. I clicked it, eyes wide. My stomach clenched as it loaded, it couldn't be.

It was. I watched how idiotic I looked.

Who posted this. I devoured the informtion, my eyes blurred as it locked on the name.

'Dannygrl145'

"Danny?" My voice cracked.

"Oh, so you'll talk to Danny but not you own mother? How loved I feel." Mom said from outside.

The description read,' I can't believe I was friend with this whore. She's trash, and no one should ever date her. Like if you agree.'

My lips parted as I started to sob.

"Layla? Are you ok?" Mom's voice turned from angry to worried in a heart beat.

My heart felt broken.

3, 783 veiws.

3,781 likes.

245 comments.

245 including the word slut, whore, or a curse word towards me.

I began to have a panic attack.

"Honey, your asthma!" Mom cried, frantically knocking on the door now.

I slammed my fist to the wall harshly. My fingers ached. I banged my forehead against it in defeat before going to the window.

I just couldn't stay. I slid it open and soundlessly jumped out to the roof. I gripped the edge with my hands and swung down. My feet hit the floor solidly.

My mind fogged up and before I knew it I was knocking on his door.

It creaked open and a middle aged woman with bright blond hair was peeking at me. When she saw I wasn't a murderer she opened it wide, concern on her face.

"I-Is K-Karsen home?" I asked, stopping the sobs. Tears still drenched my face, and they weren't stopping anytime soon.

She had betrayed me.

"Karsen! Get down here now!" I heard him thumping down the stairs, and he came to the door.

"Layla?" He asked, confused. Then he saw my tears and started forwards" What's wrong?"

"D-Did you see the video?" I croaked," Oh, Karsen. It's horrible. No o-one even cares any more." The sobs were back. I shook violently, my head tipping down. I didn't hear him but suddenly his arms were around me and he was brushing my hair.

"Hey, I know things are bad. I care. I care." He gestured for his mom to leave, after a moments hesitation she did.

Now we were alone and I let my tears take over more fully. I almost couldn't breathe. He held me.

"You d-do?" My hands went to his shoulders.

"Of course I do. You think I would punch people for just any body?" He seemed bewildered.

"Yes, you're j-just a nice guy." I clutched onto his shirt, he didn't seem to mind as I buried my face into his chest. He held me tighter.

"Well, you're wrong. I wouldn't do it for just any body." He murmured into my cheek. I pulled back slightly so I could look into his chocolate eyes. They were almost exactly like Tony's, except his held emotion and Tony's did not.

"What do you mean?" I got out.

He seemed torn," I mean- God you have to know what I mean!" He ran a hand through his hair.

"No. Tell me." I demanded, I had to hear it.

He focused on me.

"I, well, I like you Layla. As more than a friend."

"You...do?" My voice pitched higher.

He only nodded.

My eyes slipped from his to his lips, they took their time going back up.

He didn't even notice," Well, are you going to say anything?"

I shook my head and pulled his head down, forcefully slamming his lips into mine.

He made a growling sound in the back of his throat as his arms tightened around me. He pulled me onto my tiptoes, bending.

My hand went up to cup his jaw as his arm went around my back to inch me higher on the tips of my feet.

He made a sound of frusteration," You're so tiny, and fragile." He groaned. I smiled against his lips.

"Is that a bad thing?" I teased, running my lips along his jaw, inhaling the scent of him.

"Not at all." He brung his mouth back on mine, I ran my hand up and down his arm my finger slipping under his sleeve.

We both broke away. His breathing was heavy, but he looked satisfied.

"Layla Clancy, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, still looking like I was going to reject him.

"Of course." I agreed.

"So, what was that video you were talking about?" He asked.

I shook my head," I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

"Then what do you want to talk about?"

"Nothing, nothing at all." I told him and drew his lips back to mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
4.4K 110 29
Layla is a sixteen year-old human girl who was adopted by the demon king turning into a demon by her request, prior to being adopted she didn't have...
206 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
8.8K 362 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...