Our Love Could Be Lethal

By ninjasawakendmystar

"Sweetheart, you underestimate how much Finnick loves this girl. My tip, don't be the one to get in between t... More

Hey Guys!!!
District Two Female Stats (Official)
Congratulations
Ilussion
Party with Every Victor Ever (Almost)
Victory Tour with my Escorts Raging Hormones
Let the Games Begin Again
Introducing...
Pre-Games Games Part 2
Pre-Games Games Part 3
Pre-Games Games Part 4
Betrayal and Roses
Violent Closure
Violent Closure Part 2
Cards and Chance
Night That We (I) Won't Remember
Meetings with Snow
Meeting Johanna
Inverse Betrayal
Meeting my Brother
Introducing...
Questions
Lyme the Great
Afraid of Getting Close
Snitches get Stiches
Q & A
Q&A Answers
Game Time
Training
The Review Party
Interview of the Year
Let the Games Begin (Again)(Again)
Off With His Head
Talking Bodies
Dam(n)
And They All Lived? Happily Ever After?
ACT II
Act II: Meet the Victors
Act II: Anew
Act II: Norrmalmstorgssyndromet
Act II: Winners and Choosers
Act II: Reap What You Sow
Act II: District 2's At It Again
Act II: Just Another Morning on Floor 2
Act II: Chariots of Fire
Act II: Party With One Eye Open
Act II: Sleepovers and Death
Act II: Brother Dearest
Act II: The Scores Are In
Act II: Once Upon a Midnight Dreary
Act II: Goodbye, Brother
Act II: Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Act II: Be Very Quiet, We're Hunting for Tributes
Act II: This Isn't a Kumbaya
Act II: I'll Tear Your Tree Down B****
Act II: Attack on Tritons
Act II: New Rules
Act II: Crazy Wins
Act II: Dent
Act II: Wake Up and Smell the Death
Act II: We All Fall Down
Act II: Finale
Act II: Epilogue
Act III
Capitolian Magazine
Act III: She's Coming to Town
Capitol Star
ACT III: Pretty Little Liar
Act III: Deadly Announcements
The Capitolian
Act III: Will the Tribute From 2 Please Stand Up?
Rewrite Announcement

Pre-Games Games Part 1

17.2K 376 321
By ninjasawakendmystar

Sorry for the late update guys!!! I'm not going to make any excuses , I would just like to say two words, math homework.

Anyways as promised here's the new chapter!

Please please please comment on what direction you want the sorry go as I have hit a bit of a road block, you will get HUGE mentions!!!
-------------------------------------------

I step out of the train and I hear the crowd chanting my name and reporters leaning over the barrier with their arms and microphones extended in my direction.

"Octavia! Octavia!" I hear reporters call.

I decide to make my way towards them, to see if I could start campaigning for my tribute. As soon as I reach the barrier reporters are shouting questions all at the same time.

"What are your tributes strengths?" Shouts one with blue hair.

"Do you think District 2 has a shot at winning this year?" Another with whiskers and orange hair asks.

"One at a time boys. But to answer your question, you'll have to wait to see my tributes strengths, which I can assure you are quite excellent. And yes I think District 2 has as much of a chance winning as it did last year." With that I walk away from the now buzzing reporters.

If I can keep this buzz going I can help bring home another Victor for District 2. More importantly I can help bring home a friend, which is something I desperately need back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's right before dinner and Percy, Brutus, Magenta and I are watching the reapings. So far 1 looks typical, the tributes from 3 and 4 look weaker this year than usual, five and six looked like they could be a threat and we are just about to see District 7's reaping.

"Johanna Mason." Calls the District 7 escort.

A girl probably my age steps onto the stage bawling her eyes out. "That's what you call not a threat." Says Brutus. Just then two avox walk in carrying our dinner trays. "We'll come back to this later."

We sit down for dinner and have fillet mignon with cauliflower soup. We opt out of the dessert course because it could slow our tributes down.

"Well I'm going to go." I say throwing my white napkin on the table.

"Where're you going?" Asks Percy, who's still sitting at the table.

"I'm going to go figure out an angle for you to work." I reply. I know it's not entirely true but it's true enough.

Percy nods back at my comment, so I take that as my exit and walk out the door into the elevator.

I press the Rooftop button. The elevator smoothly rises towards the top of the building. I pass all the floors on the way up, but I must say I'm jealous of how big the District 12 floor looked. I mean there's only ever like 4 of them in there right?

Sometimes on the District 2 floor their can be over 20 people, like when a tribute wins or a Victor is called to the Capitol it's the place we stay.

The elevator dings and I step out into the darkness on the top of the building scanning the area for Finnick. My eyes finally find what I'm looking for, Finnick is standing by the ledge waiting for me, just like he said he would.

"Finnick!" I rush over and hug the blonde boy.

"I missed you so much." He says while slowly pulling away from the hug. "How've you been." He asks. He sits down on the edge of the roof and I do the same. We sit holding our knees looking out to the rest of the Capitol.

I look down to the bottom of the street and I can feel my eyes widening, it's a long way down.

"Don't worry." Finnick says slightly chucking. "There's a force field that'll rebound you back up even if you were to fall, but don't worry I wouldn't let you fall." He says the last part in a lower voice.

"Thanks Finnick." I say looking into his bright blue eyes. "Why'd you bring me here anyways?" I ask.

"Because we became friends on a rooftop so I figured it would remind you of when we met."

"You make it sound like we're married or something." I joke hitting his shoulder.

He laughs looking down at his lap. "You know not every guy has to be in love with you." He says sarcastically.

"I know I'd just like the right one to." I say seriously.

"You'll find him, I know you will. Mags says the right person can just sneak up on you." He replies.

"Well tell Mags she's very wise, and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean." I say joking again.

"I told her the same thing, but she said I would know once it happened." He says smiling.

"I'll tell you when it happens." I say.

"Me too." He says staring deep into my eyes. I can see that he really means it.

"Do you have to copy me?" I tease.

"Only because you have such good ideas." He replies. We continue to talk about our lives at home for who knows how long.

"Oh, crap!" I say. "I forgot I wanted to go over some ideas for my tributes angle!"

"For Magenta?" He asks furrowing his eyebrow.

"Ew no not Magenta, Percy. So I was thinking-"I start but Finnick cuts me off .

"Wait your mentoring the male tribute?" He says emphasizing the word male.

"Well ya because the female one is a brat." I scoff. "Anyways I was thinking he could pull off the mysterious and charming thing." I say quickly.

"Charming?" He asks.

"Ya like you did, but he's quieter so I was thinking he would be better at being mysterious." I say.

"Wait, go back to the charming part. Why do you think he's charming, I mean I know why you think I am but why him?" He asks a bit too curious for my liking.

"Well..." I manage to squeak out. "Percy was kinda flirting with me on the train, while I was talking to him about being in the same program, but we're just friends." I say, well not really say, I sounded more like I word vomited.

"Do I need to use my best friend powers to intervene?" Finnick asks a bit more like his usual self.

"No, but just think, next year there could be three of us, all best friends sitting on this rooftop next year." I sigh looking up at the stars.

"Tavia." He says in a serious tone. "The odds are your tributes not gonna make it." He says sadly.

"Why not? You and I made it. I have to do everything in my power to get him home." I glance down at my watch. Oh shit! It's 1:30 a.m.!

"Finnick, I'm so sorry I've gotta get back." I say standing up from the edge of the roof. "Do you want to meet at the parade tomorrow?" I ask.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He says getting up as well.

I get into the elevator and hold it for Finnick, but he stays waiting outside the door.

"C'mon." I say. "We're both going down, we can use the same elevator." I say mockingly.

"I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea if they see us in the elevator together this late at night. I have a reputation of uh....." He trails off.

"There's no one up at this hour." I confused.

"Maybe not in this building." He says. "But in the one with the cameras there are. Tavia, one thing you haven't experienced yet as a Victor is that the games don't end. They're always watching." He says seriously.

Apparently I'm too wrapped up in what he just said to notice that he pushed the close button in the elevator.

I start to descend floors, down to level 2. The games never end? Their always watching? What is that supposed to mean.

I step out of the elevator and quietly walk into the District 2 suite. I've almost made it to my room-

"It's a little late isn't it." Says Percy as a matter of factly. I jump out of surprise and put my hand over my heart.

"Shit Percy!" I whisper loudly. "You scared the crap out of me! What are you still doing up?!"

"I was waiting for you to come back. Watching home videos with Brutus and Magenta somehow wasn't cutting it for me." He says sarcastically.

"I was figuring out your angle, and the good news is you just proved you can play it perfectly."

"So what is my angle then?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"You're going to be the mysteriously charming one." I say excitedly.

"Wait-wait-wait." He says baffled. "You think I'm, charming?" He says, posing when he said charming.

"Yup you'll be perfect." I say.

"Wait what about the mysterious part?"

"You sat on the couch, in the dark, waiting for me for who knows how long." I point out.

"Touché." He says nodding. Things were going to work out perfectly. I'm going to get Percy home, and we can all be friends.

Wouldn't that be nice? I think as I get into bed and lie down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And how wrong I was about the outcome.
-------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO VOTE AND FOLLOW ME FOR A SHOUT OUT NEXT WEEK! Till then have a good week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4K 44
"...the other Capitol Darling. Incredibly popular in the Capitol they love her here, she has been a favourite of many for years. Charismatic, charmin...
7.5K 344 72
The day snow fell upon Victor's Village, everything changed. There was no excitement, no joy, only the cold stare of scrutinising eyes into a child's...
18.5K 400 44
Katniss Everdeen, Victor of 66th Annual Hunger Games at the age of 12, meets Finnick Odair, The 15 year-old Capitol Heartthrob. Katniss has trouble a...
404K 8.4K 112
• pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 • Finnick Odair X female OC •I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...