Walk On The Wild Side [Not Ed...

By itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! [Originally called Crush On The Bad Boy] Socially awkward Victoria Pennington is a com... More

P R O L O G U E [ S N E A K P E A K + T R A I L E R + C A S T ]
Prologue
1. "You can never get rid of me"
2. "What are you really hiding Tori?"
3. "Tori, just get in the damn car!"
4. "Why a gay stripper bar?"
5. "I'll give it back to you if you give me some answers."
6. "Just leave me alone, Carter"
7. "I dare you to kiss me."
8. "Who knew the bad boy is a softie"
9. "She's back"
10. "I'm here if you need me"
11. "He doesn't do love he bangs different girls, every day"
12. "All things go back to Daniel"
13. "did he just call me Kitten?"
14. "Aww Kitten, you worry about me."
15. "I'm here for you Tori, I'll be by your side."
16. "Do it now Carter!"
17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."
18. "You are so stupid Tori."
I have a Snapchat account?
20. "What secret?"
21. "Did you just smell me?"
22. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."
23. "I'm giving you an offer."
24. "surveillance camera"
25. "Only Two Weeks Left"

19. "Do you have feelings for him?"

5.3K 207 44
By itsjustmejessica14

[listen to music] 

Chapter 19 – "Do you have feelings for him?"

I ran away as fast as I could.

I couldn't stand there watching them, it felt wrong.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to feel, what should I do?

I'm feeling numb, why am I feeling like this?

Why am I feeling these emotions when I'm around Carter?

Why does he make my heart beat fast whenever I see him?

Why can't I control my breathing when he's close to me?

Out of everything I've thought about, means one thing.

I like Carter. But do I?

"Tori!" he shouted out my name.

I quickly ran away fast and went inside the girl's toilet.

I went inside one of the stall; I sat down with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Why did I have to like Carter? Things were better when I didn't feel anything for him. I guess he was telling truth about him having a girlfriend. Was he really going to be serious with Sasha?

I gasped when I heard the door shut, was someone inside here?

I grabbed full of tissues and wiped my tears away, then flushing it away.

I open the door, ready to kick someone with my ninja style.

Unfortunately there was no one here. I could of sworn I heard someone come inside or leave? Either way someone was in here.

It couldn't have been Carter, right?

***

Friday morning, another day avoiding Carter.

I also didn't have to face my dad last night, thank god.

But I had a feeling I would have to see him this morning, as he offered to drop me to school.

Definitely a father and daughter talk.

I came downstairs as I finished changing and freshened up, I walked down the steps with my bag and text books. As I see dad reading the newspaper, he's down here early. Of course he is, he told me is was going to drop me to school.

Great now why am I talking to myself.

"Good morning dad." I said worried about what he would say.

He put his newspaper down, "Good morning." I knew he wasn't finished with what he had to say. "Listen Tori sweetie, about when you left without anything no phone or a note. You know me and Maggie were very worried about you. I don't want you to ever make that mistake again, I thought something might have happened to you."

"I'm fine dad, you really need to start trusting me. I'm 17 dad, I'm nearly 18 in a couple of weeks. I think I'm responsible enough to look out for myself." Dad sighed looking down.

"I know sweetie, but you're still my little girl." I smiled. "You should be glad I didn't call the cops, Carter's dad came over to see if he was here, but he wasn't. So it made perfect sense that you two were together, I hope he didn't try anything on you?" dad asked, which made me cringe slightly.

"No of course not!" I said rather loudly.

Dad looked at me suspiously. "Is there something going between you two?"

Did dad know about my feelings to Carter?

Wait feelings? I wasn't exactly sure about what I was feeling around Carter anyway.

I rolled my eyes. "There's nothing going on, I just happened to bump into him on the streets on the day and I guess we got talking and we didn't know our way back home. So we stayed at this house with these lovely couple." I said honestly on some parts.

Dad nodded. "Very well, never make this mistake again. Either text me or leave a note on the table." I nodded. "Come on, I'm going to be late for work and you'll be late for school." I grab an apple on the way out, I hang my bag around my shoulders.

***

"You saw Carter and Sasha making out in the janitors closet!" Serena shouted, I cover her mouth with my hand as my eyes were wide open.

"Shhh, you're going to let the whole school find out." Serena pulled my hand away from her mouth as she rolled her eyes.

"It's not like it's the first time people are hearing about it." She said casually, somewhat my chest tighten. It's true it's not like it's there first time making out or having se-...

"What happening to you?" I furrowed my eyebrows at Serena's random question. "You seem very ill, have you been sleeping alright?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded while laughing. "Yes mom, I'm fine."

"Sorry I'm just worried about my best friend, are you sure you're okay?" she asked again.

I grab both of her shoulders. "I'm fine." I reassured her this time.

She smiled pushing it away this time. She checked her watch, "I have to go, don't want to miss my calculus test." She definitely didn't want to go, as she used her fingers as gun, putting it up to her forehead.

"You'll do fine," I said smiling. Serena is a smart girl, I'm sure she'll ace the test.

"I'll see you at lunch?" I nodded as she walked away.

I take out of some of my books out of my locker.

I hear someone clear their voice, I look up surprised.

I quickly look away from him.

Hurry up Tori and take out you're books and leave!

I shut my locker after getting all of my text books out for AP French.

"Tori can you let me explain, just hear me out." He said coming in front of me, trying to stop me.

I closed my eyes tightly, I didn't even want to hear his voice. "Hear you say what? Exactly Carter?" I snapped.

He looked surprised. "Tori, what's gotten into you?"

"Nothing, just leave me alone." I said talking my books out.

"Not until you tell me what's up with you." He said sternly. "Why have you been avoiding me?"

I remembered what he had to said to me before. I shut my locker and face him.

"I thought you told me before to stop following you around?" I said smartly, he looked bewildered. "I'm just only reminding you back your words." I said walking past him.

I'm sorry Carter, but I just can't help but remember what I saw in the janitors closet with you and Sasha.

***

I pushed my glassed between my eyes, while looking down hoping Britney and Sasha won't come towards my way. I kept my head down low on the desk.

I heart their heels come closer and closer towards where I had sat, I definitely knew now for sure they came to see me, because they pulled two chairs in front of me.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the Nerd of the year." Britney said giving me a bitter smile, Sasha snickered at the back.

I looked at them through my lashes, when is Sir going to come into this lesson and teach this lesson? I'm in desperate need of therapy after I get out of this conversation with Britney and Sasha.

"Why are you hiding from us? We won't bite." Sasha said smiling sweetly, it made me sick to my stomach.

"N-No r-reason." I stuttered, I mentally slap my forehead. More reasons for them to start making fun of me.

Britney laughed, if looks could kill. "What are you going to do? Call your mom?" my breath slightly stopped when I heard her say something about my mom. "Sorry sweetheart, she's not here to protect you anymore, and it has been a while since she's gone." She smirked then examining her red nails after.

I looked down tears threatening to spill.

"Get out." I heard Sasha say.

"What?" Britney seemed surprised.

I looked up and saw Sasha looking at me.

She turned to face Britney. "Go." She said with a glare.

Britney gasped and walked away and sat a couple of seats away from us, not before sparing me a glare.

Wait was Sasha being nice to me?

Sasha focused on me this time. "Don't get the wrong idea Nerd, I'm just not always on her side." I looked and fiddled with my fingers underneath the desk.

"Anyway the reason I'm here is because I want you do to something for me." She seemed so confident that I would agree straight away, but then again I would.

"What is it?"

She came closer to me on the desk, showing her full on cleavage, once a slut always a slut. She had a mischievous expression planted on her face. "I need you to stay away from Carter, he's mine not yours and it needs to stay that way or else."

To be honest I wasn't surprised at what she said, it was very clear she wanted Carter to herself.

"Or else what?" I pushed, I pinched my skin as I was a little worried at what she would say.

Her face seemed angry or a little mad.

"Then I will tell everyone in this school that you like the schools bad boy." She said smirking, my eyes widen slightly how did she know? "Then you can face humiliation from everyone."

"How did you-..."

"Know?" she laughed. "It was easy, after you saw me and Carter in the janitors closet together," still something I can't forget, it burned into my mind. "I heard you crying, actually I was the first one to see where you had gone off to. I heard someone crying in the girls toilet and I knew it was you. Everyone was in lessons and that was the closet toilet there from where me and Carter were." So someone was there in the girls toilet and it wasn't Carter. "Since then, I noticed that you have been staring at him for a while. It's pretty obvious you like him. So that's why I need you to stop."

"Not only do you need to stay away from him, but you need to listen to everything I say and do them."

I knew that I wasn't going to get out of this one, I had to do it or else she'll tell everyone about my feelings for him.

"Fine," her eyebrows shot up in surprise

"Really?" she then cleared her voice.

I nodded biting my lip, was I doing the right thing?

It's not like anything's going to change, I've already started avoiding him it shouldn't be too hard. I wanted to avoid him because I knew that if I keep seeing him, I'm going to like him more and trying to forget about my feelings is going to be harder if it's got Carter involved. So I'm somewhat relieved Sasha told me to do this.

It's going to hard. But no one said it was going to be easy.

***

After the conversation with Sasha had finished, after a couple of classes it was finally lunch.

Serena came by my side. "History was a bore, so how was your lessons?" she asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but someone cut me off. "Hey Nerd, buy me my lunch. Salad and bottle of water. " She handed me her money and walked away with the group of friends, laughing while walking away and guess where they are sitting? With Carter's friends.

"Wait, wait, what's that about?" Serena asked coming in front of me.

I looked away sheepishly. "She wants me to stay away from Carter because – well you when I saw them in the janitors closet?" she nodded, gesturing to go on. "Well she followed me to the girls toilet and ever since that happened, she saw me looking at Carter a lot, so she came up with this theory telling me that I have some kind of feelings for him." I said nervously laughing at the end.

Serena raised her eyebrow at me. "Do you have feelings for him?"

"Absolutely not!" I said quickly.

She gave me a blunt look. "You don't have to lie to me, Tori."

"I'm not, I just don't know, look can we get going we can't the let Queen Bitch waiting can we?" Serena agreed while rolling her eyes and laughing a little.

"Wow, Tori are you finally swearing?" she winked.

I rolled my eyes.

I grabbed her lunch and also mine which was more filling than what Sasha was going to eat.

"Come with me?" Serena nodded and followed behind me.

You can do it Tori, you just have to go there and give her lunch to her.

I walked to their table with everyone looking towards me, slowly Serena was following behind me. While everyone was looking at me, Sasha was busy seducing Carter she didn't even know I was behind her, or maybe she did?

I cleared my throat, she turned around and smiled sweetly, so fake. "Oh hey Nerd." This caused Carter to turn to face me, he looked confused. "I'll take that," she said before she took it, she looked back and me and said, "Keep the change, you might need it."

"Oh just shut your mo-..." I stopped Serena by showing her my hand, signally her to stop. I heard her sigh behind me.

I looked at her and caught her staring at someone, I followed her gaze. Hunter. I forgot he was here. He was also staring her and me, I quickly looked away.

"Said something?" Sasha asked smirking.

"No." Serena smiled sweetly.

"What are you doing here?" I heard his husky voice ask me.

I was about to say something but then Sasha cut me. "Don't worry about her Carter, wouldn't want to waste your time on something useless right?" I looked down at my shoes, tears were brimming my eyes, but I kept blinking to get the tears away.

"Yeah right," Carter responded by saying, I looked up at him as I caught him staring at me, he looked somewhat guilty, but why would he?

"Hey Tori," I think his name was Carlson? He smiled and I returned one back and said hey back to him.

One of Sasha's friends glared at me, I bite the inside of my cheeks and look down.

"Wait why are you even giving Sasha her lunch?" Sasha friend asked me, Sasha looked at me smirking, I looked away she wouldn't tell them anything right? Carter looked at the both of us suspiously.

"Yeah what are you doing here?" another one said.

I was speechless, I couldn't think of anything to say.

I mean what could I say 'sorry Carter I have to ignore you because Sasha threatened me to tell everyone that I have some kind of feelings for you – that I'm still trying to figure out.' I can't say that!

"Well?" what an impatient girl.

I saw Sasha crossed arms while smirking, she was definitely enjoying this wasn't she?

I felt an arm go around my shoulders, I looked at who it was. Charlie.

"Look Tori doesn't need to explain anything to guys about anything, so mind your own business." With that Charlie and Serena pulled me away from the table.

I couldn't help but hear what the other were saying about Charlie. "What an idiot, he's the popular guy, why would he help a Nerd with no life?"

"Don't listen to them." Charlie said.

I smiled. "Thanks Charlie,"

"No problem, I'm ready to help out my best friends out."

"It's good you came on time, or else I would have pulled out that bitches hair." We laughed as Serena got angry. "What? It's true, she can't just say those stuff about you Tori." I gave her smile.

"It's fine, she could say anything she wants, I don't care, I have the two of my bestest friends, that's all I could ask for." I smiled and hugged the both of them on the sides.

We found a table.

"So why exactly did you go over there?" Charlie asked pulling a chair to sit on.

I sat down. "Kind of a long story."

"I have the time." He smiled.

I told him everything, about what I saw in the janitors closet, the fact that Sasha followed me to the toilets and heard me crying, he got slightly angry about not being there but I told him it was okay. I also told him that Sasha came up this weird theory that I like Carter, and she threatened to tell everyone that I like him, when I don't. And now I have to do everything she says and stay away from Carter.

"She does like him," Serena whispered.

Charlie agreed, "I know right."

I rolled my eyes. "I can hear you guys!"

"I don't understand why she denies it?" Serena said.

"Yeah right,"

I put my hands up in defeat. "Guys?!"

They both laughed.

"If you said you don't like him, then why care about what Sasha does?" he asked then taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Because she has proof,"

Charlie furrowed his eyebrows. "What kind of proof?"

"She noticed it that I stare at him a lot," I said looking down in embarrassment.

Serena wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah but everyone stares at anyone, and anyway it's not like she took a picture or something." Charlie had a point.

"Another thing is that, everyone believes everything she says, so why wouldn't they believe her about this one?"

"Don't worry were on your side if anything goes down, just remember that." Charlie smiled and Serena nodded while nodding.

I took a bite out of my sandwich. "So Serena, what was with the staring back there?"

"Huh?" she said confused.

"I saw you staring at Hunter," a slight pink crawled up her cheeks. "Is something happening?"

She shook her head. "Nothing much really, I sit next to him in biology. We barely talk nowadays, but I guess I do like him a bit." At least Serena and admit to her feelings, I just can't seem to do it. Maybe I don't like Carter.

"So you like Hunter? But why? He hurt your feelings last time remember?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah but everyone gives each other second chances right?" Me and Charlie nodded. "Oh err...Tori, why is Carter walking to our table?" I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around to see what the both of them was looking at.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked.

I looked away. "I'm busy."

"It won't take too long." He tried.

"We can talk later."

"Tori," Serena said sounding like my mom.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay fine," I said getting up.

I get my stuff as we walk out of the cafeteria.

He grabbed my wrist, I ignored the sparks travelling through my arm, didn't he feel it?

He took me to an empty classroom, he closed the door.

It was dark, I could still see his figure, he walked closer towards me, way too close.

"Okay so tell me what Sasha is telling you to do?" his voice was deep and husky, sounded sexy.

I have no idea where I'm going with this.

"N-Nothing." I stuttered, great job Tori, note the sarcasm?

He sighed. "Tori, just tell me what she said to you?" I stay quiet. "How come all of a sudden you bring her lunch and you're avoiding me? Why I don't understand and I definitely don't like it." Wait did he say he didn't like me avoiding him? But why I thought he didn't care about a useless Nerd and that shouldn't waste your time on someone like me.

"Nothing's going on Carter, don't worry." I said looking down, hopefully he won't notice anything.

He tucked a loose stand of my hair, I looked up at him, he did the same and as if realising something. He quickly stopped what he was doing, he cleared his throat and looked away.

"If you don't tell me then I'll try to find out myself." He said his eyes boring into mine.

"Carter, even if I told you the reason why I'm doing this, you wouldn't believe me." I said honestly.

"What makes you say that?" his voice soften.

I sighed. "Just because,"

I change the subject. "Look there's something else I want to talk to you about, do you think Hunter is single?"

His eyes darkened. "Why?"

"It's just a question Cater, just answer it." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yes he is, why?" before I can say anything he cuts me off. "If you think you have a chance with him, then think again." My mouth was wide open, I would slapped him on the face by now, what a jerk!

"Actually, I was thinking of setting him up with someone I know," I gritting my teeth while saying it, he looked at me with guilty eyes.

"Oh," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Anyway I have to get to class,"

"Wait I'll go with you, we have biology together." I pressed my lips in a thin line and nodded.

Firstly he makes comment about me, am I not pretty enough or something? Is that why he's saying those stuff about me?

I mentally shook my head and opened the door walking to class while Carter was walking beside me.

I noticed that there was no students in the hallways, are we late?

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

I heard Carter as if he realised something. "Why what is it?" I asked.

"You know the classroom we in just a second ago?" I nodded. "Yeah well there was reason why the classroom was dark, the lights weren't working and I'm guessing the bell didn't work either." Oh great, now what? Do we still head to class and face humiliation? Well Carter wouldn't care about it, because nearly everyone is scared of him or just likes him.

As we walked to biology, the door was right in front of me.

"After you," Carter said smirking.

"I'll get you for this." I warned, he put his hands up in surrender.

I turned around and knocked on the door.

Mrs Tyler opened the door, she definitely didn't look happy.

"Oh Miss Pennington and Mr Cale, why are the both of you late to my class?" everyone was looking at me, or that's what it felt like to me.

I was debating if Carter was going to say anything.

"We didn't hear the bell ring," he responded, really Carter that's the best excuse you could come up with? I mean he's not lying but still.

Mrs Tyler nodded. "And you think I would believe you? Both of you head over to detention."

"But Mrs Tyler, were telling you the truth." I begged.

"No buts go on."

I sighed giving up.

She shut the door on us.

"Well Kitten I guess this is your first detention." He said smiling as he walked ahead of me.

So I'm stuck with Carter again?

Why does seem to happen to me?

I shook my head and catch up with him.

---END OF CHAPTER NINE-TEEN---

Hey lovelies, I hope you enjoyed this chapter? I made it slightly longer this time, I'm not entirely sure if it will long or interesting for you guys, but I enjoyed typing this chapter up that I have started the next chapter :)

DEDICATION: tell me what your favourite part of this chapter was and why? :)

And guys if any of you are PLL fans then you would know that we will be finding out who 'A' is soon, like who is excited?? After 6 years we finally find out who it is!! Guys who do you think it is and why?

Thank you for the love and support, this story is getting a lot of reads and votes, and it means so much to me :)

READ: 112K

VOTES: 3K

COMMENTS: 581

REMEMBER TO COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER AND DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPENED NEXT!

PREVIOUS CHAPTER THE BEST COMMENT GOES TO *drum roll* @nanokhan123 her comment was very long and it was a very nice message :) x

Thank you guys x

Lots of love x

Stay beautiful, Jessica <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355 21 11
He's a heartbreaker... But so is she... And maybe the only one who can reform a badboy- is a badgirl... Clarke is a new student at Washington High S...
254K 6.3K 39
Colton glared at her. "Not in a million years would I ever date you." Maya is the new girl and she has an odd description; bitchy, careless, funny, a...
7.9K 285 34
Highest rank: #208 high school sweethearts Meet Avery White. Her parents are loaded, and she has the perfect life. She doesn't know it but she's beyo...
15.9K 776 41
Tinley Carter is a freshman in high school. And all she wanted to do was get good grades and hangout with her small circle of friends. Kyler Benson...