attractive catastrophe ❧ hemm...

De dipdying

"take my heart and i'll take your life." never trust a boy with a pretty face. [WARNING: THIS STORY IS INTEND... Mai multe

❧ 00
❧ 01
❧ 02
❧ 03
❧ 04
❧ 05
❧ 06

❧ 07

65 4 6
De dipdying

"Dude, she gave you her number?" Ashton cheered through the phone, making Luke roll his eyes, "do you have any idea of how hard it is to get her number?"

"How?" Luke asked with amusement clear in his voice.

"So hard! My classmates just sit and complain about how that girl is like, stiff as a rock or something, yet here you are! How on earth did you manage to do that?" Ashton celebrated.

"Well, well, settle down," Luke calmed him down, chuckling, "she was kind of drunk, and I drove her home and she gave me her number."

"Oh I see, so you made her a favor and she paid you by doing you a favor." Ashton added, talking like having Konstantine's 9 digits was a blessing, and it really was, at least that's what Luke thought.

"Something like that," Luke agreed as he plopped himself into his bed, looking up at the ceiling and holding his phone up to his ear.

"Dude, you're so lucky," Ashton sneered, "so what are you going to do?"

"Call her, I suppose." Luke shrugged.

"What? Like, today? No, you have to leave her waiting, that makes girls desire you more."

"She's not like most girls, Ashton, may I remind you," he stated, sitting up this time.

"True, but anyways that's not what I meant," Ashton rectified, "I meant the plan, you know."

Luke stayed silent, thinking about the plan he had forgotten about. "Well, it's still there; I now have an easier way to contact her and get to know her."

"Oh cool, just reminding you, because I know that dude wouldn't be happy with the fact that you're fucking someone he paid you to kill."

"Charls knows I take my time, and besides, what's wrong with a little fucking?" Luke chuckled, Ashton joining not long after.

-----------------

Konstantine felt confused and played, and even though she didn't want to, she knew exactly why. She knew herself pretty well, her likes and dislikes, and that's something people often told her they admired.

But that one night when she was in the car with that blond guy, Luke, if she remembers correctly, she felt out of control, and none of her actions felt like hers at all.

She didn't exactly know what possessed her to let that guy drive her home, or worse, trust him enough to give him her number. Either way, she felt like she would be mad at herself if she didn't give him that number- but now she was mad because she did, in fact, she was mad because he hadn't called her yet. For someone who seemed quite desperate to get close to her, he sure didn't take his opportunities serious.

And the thing is, it wasn't like her to get upset over a guy not calling her- nor over a guy she doesn't even know well. But yet here she was, in a coffee shop downtown, burning her tongue with the latte she'd ordered to punish herself for being so stupid.

She sighed, putting her coffee down and staring at her laptop- college was killing her.

Is not like she needed college, but she did want to master in psychology, despite her family's business and whatnot, she still wanted to live a normal life and have a normal job, but now that she looked at her screen, the empty document with the blinking bar pressuring to type something for her essay, she reconsidered if a normal job is indeed what she wanted.

She closed the word document tab, and quickly put Spotify, pressing play to one of the playlist which contained Daughter, The Drowners, Placebo and what not. She plugged in her earphones and listened to Broken Promise by Placebo as she cautiously sipped on her coffee, the lyrics reminding him of a certain blond, blue-eyed block.

I'll wait my turn

To tear inside you

Watch you burn

And I'll wait my turn

To terrorize you

Prick. He was a prick, Konstantine had decided that, and she was glad he hadn't called, because she didn't hang out with pricks, especially those tall, quiet, mysterious, blond, blue-eyed pricks.

As if right on cue, she saw the blond haired guy enter the store and walk up to the counter, walking right past her, not bothering to look beside him.

Now you're just being ridiculous, Konstantine thought.

Luke whistled, catching Ashton's attention from behind the counter. Ashton chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Why are you here? You know I don't get off work until 5," Ashton notified, reorganizing some of the pastries on the display.

"I know, but I am dying of boredom, I came to bother you," Luke smirked, resting his hands on the counter he saw Ashton clean no more than 5 minutes ago.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "Perhaps you want to bother someone else; look behind you, to your left."

Luke followed Ashton's instructions, his eyes falling upon the brunette girl with the steaming coffee burning her tongue. It was clear she was looking at him, she made it obvious by the way her eyes flicked back to her computer screen a bit too fast and too forced.

"Shit," Luke muttered, "I haven't called her."

"What the fuck? Man, you just fucked up." Ashton retorted.

"You were the one who told me not to call her immediately, asshole," Luke reminded him, putting his hands on his pockets.

"Yeah, but that didn't mean it was okay to let her see you out in public if you still haven't called her!" The hazel eyed boy defended himself, pushing Luke's hands off the counter before cleaning it again with a rag.

"I didn't know she'd be here!"

"Well I didn't know you'd be here either, otherwise I would've called you," Ashton rolled his eyes, "see why it's important to let me know when you're coming?"

"Give me an espresso or some shit and shut up," Luke spat, putting his hands on the counter again and smirking, to which Ashton just flipped him off.

Konstantine watched in amusement as the two boys glared at each other, Ashton trying to not burn himself with the coffee while Luke pissed him off to no extent. After he'd finished pouring whatever it was Luke had ordered, Luke murmured something she couldn't quite make out what it was.

"Shit," she cursed to herself as she saw Luke turning around and walking towards her table. She looked down to the table, splatter of coffee adorned the wood due to the fact that she'd choked on it when the mere sight of his eyes looking at her surprised her.

"Fuck," she whispered as she grabbed a napkin and wiped the coffee from the table.

"Hey," Luke greeted quietly, sitting down with a mug of whatever on his hand, "everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah," Konstantine rectified nervously, cleaning her hands with her jeans, "it's too hot, that's all."

"Yeah, you should tell Ashton about that, maybe you can get a free coffee if you piss him off enough," Luke informed, chuckling.

"Maybe," she answered, chuckling humorlessly, tucking strands of hair behind her ears.

"So, how's it been?" He asked her, stirring his coffee with his finger, act she found weird, but cute nonetheless.

"It's been good," she responded, biting her lip. "You?"

"Yeah, about that," he sighed, "sorry I didn't call you; I've been quite busy with some family things." He lied.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," she replied, smiling; deep down she was feeling sudden relief, maybe after all he wasn't a prick.

"Yeah, I was actually going to call you to see if you wanted to come here and pick up some coffee or something," he added another lie, chuckling. He turned around only to find Ashton shaking his head at him, rolling his eyes and smirking, Luke ignored him.

"Oh, cool," she added, "I come here almost all the time."

"Really? This is the first time I've seen you here, and I come here a lot, Ashton works here, so..."

"Well, it seems like you haven't seen enough," Konstantine let out a sigh, staring at him and biting her lip.

"What are you doing?" Luke cleared his throat, changing the topic and pointing to his laptop.

"Well, I was trying to make an essay. I think psychology's eating me alive."

"Oh crap, I thought psychology was supposed to make you feel better," Luke joked, earning a slight laugh from Konstantine.

"Not if you're trying to major in it." Konstantine murmured.

"What about we finish our coffee and go do something fun?" Luke proposed, taking another sip of his espresso, hoping Ashton hadn't spat on it.

"No, Luke, I need to finish this," Konstantine opposed, going back to her normal self. Luke cursed internally- how can this girl be giggly and then go back to cold hearted bitch was beyond him.

"Well, I can help you, if you'd like," Luke offered once again, moving closer to where the laptop was.

"Unless you know anything about human behaviour and how the human mind works in a situation of anxiety, which I doubt you do, then you can't help me." Konstantine frowned, looking back at her screen.

"We're in it for a little challenge I see," Luke replied, cockiness oozing from his mouth like blood, "don't you ever doubt me, I know more than you would ever like to."

"Well then, Mind Lord, if you're really that good at it like you say you are, then I guess you can help me," Konstantine bit, flicking her chocolate hair off her shoulder, "if it sounds credible enough then we have to go out. Otherwise you leave me alone, deal?"

"Sounds like a deal, sweetie."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

119K 4.2K 95
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
480K 7.3K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
108K 856 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...
158K 4.5K 63
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...