Saved By The Boss [COMPLETE +...

By wrappedinamystery

He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surpri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 - All In A Day's Work
Chapter 2 - Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Second Time's The Charm
Chapter 4 - You're Fired
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Cabin Fever
Chapter 7 - A Shot In Paris
Chapter 8 - Secrets
Chapter 9 - His Revelation
Chapter 10 - Stay With Me
Chapter 11 - Explosions
Chapter 12 - Case Closed
Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens
Chapter 14 - Apologies At Tiffany's
Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums
Chapter 16 - It's A Date
Chapter 17 - Lay Down Your Weapons
Chapter 18 - Take Two
Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls
Chapter 20 - She's Broken
Chapter 21 - Warts And All
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 22 - A Stranger On The Streets
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell
Chapter 24 - Never Alone
Chapter 25 - Teamwork
Chapter 26 - Pack Up Your Troubles
Chapter 27 - Lost And Found
Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek
Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 30 - See You Again
Chapter 31 - Wake Up
Chapter 32 - Without You
Chapter 33 - Wide Awake
Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave
Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen
Chapter 36 - Troubled Waters
Chapter 37 - Bed, Scars & Beyond
Chapter 38 - Uncovered
Chapter 39 - Take Me Away
Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other
Chapter 41 - CEO, Interrupted
Chapter 42 - Family First
Chapter 43 - In The Dark
Chapter 44 - Dirty Dancing
Chapter 45 - White Lights
Chapter 46 - Confessions
Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime
Chapter 49 - Black & White
Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest
Chapter 51 - Sealed With A Kiss
The Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENTS!
CAST LIST!
NEW STORY

Chapter 48 - Prison Bound

442K 15.6K 2.8K
By wrappedinamystery

DISCLAIMER: I don't know how prison visits work, I have never been to prison, so I do apologise if what I've written is incorrect in your opinion.

______________________________

Chapter 48 - Prison Bound

Scarlett's POV

My knees felt weak and my palms were sweating as I wiped them down the side of my jeans.

In front of me stood Ashwent Prison in all of its dark and crumbling glory.

It looked like something out of a horror film.

"Hey," a soft voice spoke as I turned around, drawing in a deep breath. "You'll be fine, baby."

"You know, I think I really hate prisons," I mused to myself as Jasper cast me a strange look. "Oh, yeah. I definitely hate prisons."

"Are you feeling okay? I mean, besides the reason why we're here, is there something else?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Nope, I'm good," I muttered as I took his hand, leading him into the building.

I walked up to the main desk, inhaling sharply.

"I'm here to see someone," I spoke politely to the officer sat behind the desk. "Oliver Cameron?"

"Bear with me a moment," he replied as he bent down, presumably to retrieve the papers he proceeded to read. "You're his daughter, is that correct?"

"Yes," I nodded as he raised an eyebrow.

"State your full name and date of birth."

"Scarlett Avery Valentina. June nineteenth nineteen-ninety-one."

"You're nuts, kid," he commented as he shook his head. "He's an absolute raging psycho, God knows it."

"Don't I know it," I murmured drily as we followed the officer.

"You," he turned, speaking to Jasper. "Stay out here."

"Officer, do you have any idea who I am?" Jasper responded, his nose flaring slightly, a clear indication that his ego was now in full control.

"Does it look like I give a shit who you are?"

"I am Jasper fùcking Queen!" He barked his anger surfacing as I took his hand in mine, urging him to calm down.

"You the guy who owns that Queen's Toilet Paper company?" The officer questioned seriously as Jasper looked as though he were about to faint.

"No, Officer, he isn't the guy who owns Queen's Toilet Paper," I intervened before Jasper had the opportunity to get done for assaulting a cop.

"Could've fooled me. His attitude is certainly as shitty as the toilet paper is," the officer commented, turning away as I heard Jasper inhale very sharply.

"Count to ten, baby," I advised him as he shot me a dirty look.

"I'm not having you in there alone with that sick son of a bítch, Scarlett," he snapped. "No fùcking way."

"The hardest part was actually walking through those doors and into the same vicinity as him, Jasp," I admitted truthfully. "I can do this, I promise."

"I don't want -"

"Please? Trust me?" I asked him sincerely as he eyed me carefully before letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Of course I trust you, it's him I don't trust," he said as I shook my head.

"He can't say or do anything remotely threatening, there are eyes and ears on him everywhere," I reassured him as he gave me a weary look.

"As long as you are absolutely certain you're ready for this," he warned, raising an eyebrow.

"Never been readier," I replied defiantly as the officer called my name.

"Go kick his sorry ass, baby," Jasper murmured against my lips, holding me tight to his chest as I sighed, basking in the comfort and safety I felt just simply being with him.

"You bet I will," I winked as I walked over to the room where the officer had led me to.

Exhaling slowly, I nodded at the guard stood in front of the door before making my way inside.

God, he looks even worse than he did when I last saw him all those months ago, I thought as he sat behind the glass, clad in a very unflattering orange jumpsuit. He had practically lost most of his hair and it seemed he had been away from civilization for so long he'd actually forgotten what a razor was.

"Scarlett," his hoarse voice spoke as I silently took a seat, facing the man who had once made it his mission to silence me for life. "You're here."

"Really? Why, I had no idea where I was," I drawled sarcastically as he sank a little further in his seat.

"Sweetheart, I -"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I interrupted, imagining how batshit crazy I must have looked at that precise moment in time. "Keep your shitty, contrived terms of endearment to yourself you little beady-eyed fùcker, I don't want to hear it."

"Scarlett, please, I - I, don't know where to start, I am sorry I -"

"Why don't we start off with something small, like... Oh, I don't know, maybe your reasoning for treating your only daughter like a human experiment?"

I glared at him, expectantly as he squirmed slightly under my gaze.

"You have changed a lot," he began, meekly as I scoffed.

"Let me remind you for the last time that I am not here to exchange pleasantries with you, bástard," I spat irritably. "So, answer the fùcking question."

"You reminded me of her every single day," he replied coldly. "My wife had to bear the brunt of my violence for a crime she didn't commit when it was all your doing. You killed my son, the heir to -"

"The heir to your drug fuelled money," I interrupted casually. "God, you misogynistic son of a bítch, you are truly unbelievable. How dare you sit there and try to justify your reasons for carving a blade into your eleven year old daughter's body?"

"I lost everything because of you," he whispered, sadly. "And hurting you was the only way I knew how to cope."

"Oh, I'll bet it was," I spoke condescendingly. "You are a sick, sick man, and no excuse you give will ever justify the pain and torture you and that bítch put me through. But, you know, the thing I find most ironic is that, here you are rotting away in an absolute shithole; your wife's carcass is probably still lying around somewhere God doesn't even care where, while I am the one who has never felt so content in her whole life and I owe it all to a pair of fùck ups."

A small, practically nonexistent part of myself had wished his reasons for abusing me were not the same as my mother's, but who the hell was I kidding?

"Lisbeth died?" He asked me in disbelief as I scoffed at how he apologetic he was now.

"Fortunately." I muttered as I stood up to leave.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as I rolled my eyes.

"You fùcking well should be." I snapped, pushing the chair back.

"Goodbye, Scarlett," he said quietly as he continued to press his luck. "Will you come and see me again?"

"Of course I will, daddy," I turned around, giving him a sickly sweet smile as he and I both knew I was never coming back. "I'll come visit you and the bítch in hell."

Without so much as a single backwards glance I walked out, trying to steady my breathing.

I cannot believe that just happened, I thought to myself as I saw Jasper pacing up and down the corridor, rubbing at his jaw before he saw me.

"You okay?" He questioned breathlessly as he surveyed my entire body for any signs of an injury.

"I'm fine," I reassured him as he placed his hands on either side of my face, kissing my lips softly.

"Let's go, babe," he murmured as he took my hand and led me out to the car where Smith was waiting.

"I totally kicked his ass," I stated proudly, resting my head on his shoulder as he chuckled.

"That's my girl," he spoke softly as he pressed a light kiss on top of my head.  

As Smith drove us away from the prison, I actually felt completely content. I no longer felt as though I was burdened, rather I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"You sure you're okay?" Jasper asked, concerned.

Just as I was about to reply to him, I suddenly felt my stomach churning violently as my head began to spin.

"Oh, fùck, I'm going to be sick!"

_____________________________

A/N:

Hey Guys!

I've had a couple of people ask me which celebrities have been cast to play Jasper's character and Scarlett's character, but honestly I don't really know! I mean for Jasper, I couldn't decide between Pedro Soltz, William Levy or Nick Bateman but I never really thought about Scarlett's character!

What do you guys think? Leave a comment on who you think should play who and I'll pick the best suggestion for Scarlett and Jasper!

Anyhoo, how I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

What do you think is going to happen next?!

I've also decided that I'm not sure if I will finish the book by 50 chapters, I may end up writing a couple more than what I'd hoped just to help the story flow a little, but we'll see!

The next update should be by the end of this week :)

Love as always,

Ana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 14.1K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
2.4M 81.6K 47
Janetta Summers, an editor for Bloomsburg Publishing House, is a kind, soft-spoken and shy young lady who loves books and children. Alexander Holt...
193K 7K 43
Note: This book will be revised soon. I will be adding and or deleting some scenes to work on the plot holes so please bear with me. ***** "Get the...
4.6M 106K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...