Redneck Prince Charming

By conleyswifey

Aaden was just a good old boy from the holler, happy with his simple life until he meets Kathleen. With a cra... More

Redneck Prince Charming
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Five

23.6K 674 54
By conleyswifey

As they pulled up in front of the sprawling mansion Aaden's jaw dropped.

"This is where you grew up?" he asked. She nodded and suddenly Aaden realized that Craig had been right…. There was no way a woman who had grown up with things as extravagant as this was ever going to settle on a poor redneck like him. He was lucky that she even wanted to be his friend.

The house was huge.. Four stories and seemingly made of solid stone just like a castle. The driveway was actually bricks and it formed a circle at the front of the house. A large fountain stood in the center of the circle. Aaden looked at the fountain and tilted his head.

"Is that a statue of two half naked women sitting on each other?" he asked. Kathleen looked at the statue and gasped.

"Yes it is.. I never noticed that before…" she said and they both burst out laughing. Aaden parked the truck where Kathleen directed and they both climbed out. It wasn't raining here and they took their time walking up to the wide double door.

"You ok?" Aaden asked her as she paused before knocking. She blew out the breath she'd been holding.

"I should warn you that I am somewhat of a disappointment to the family since I divorced Tom… In their minds he was the perfect man for me and I could never possibly do better…. Just don't be surprised by anything they say or do and I will pre apologize if they are rude to you." Aaden nodded and laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I got your back." he said with a grin.

"Thank you for being such a good friend." she said. Before he could reply the doors opened and a tall man in a butlers uniform smiled warmly at Kathleen.

"Hello miss Kathleen. How nice that you could make it. Your parents have been expecting you. They are in the sitting room with several other guests at the moment." he said.

"Thank you Edward. This is my friend Aaden." she said. Edward smiled at Aaden and gave a slight bow.

"I shall take your bags to your room." Edward said taking the suitcases from Aaden and walking away to a massive stairway. Aaden shook his head.

"First damn time anyone has bowed to me." he said. Kathleen smiled.

"Edward has been with the family since before I was born." she said. "He was the only friend I had growing up."

"It must have gotten lonely." Aaden said as he heard Edwards footsteps echo through the house. She got a faraway look in her eyes and nodded.

"Yes sometimes." she said. He put his arm around her shoulders.

"Let's go meet your folks." he said. She led him through the wide hallway and he looked around at all the fancy statues and paintings and felt more like he was in a museum then a home. She led him into a sitting room and the conversation that had been taking place between the four people inside stopped.

A woman that was dressed every bit like a fancy queen stood up and walked over to them. She must have been Kathleen's mother because they had the same hair and eyes. She took Kathleen's hands in hers and looked her up and down. Her nose curled as if she smelled something bad.

"Dear, how many times do I have to tell you that you should dress more appropriately when you come to visit?" she asked. Kathleen smiled though Aaden could see the hurt on her face. He found it strange that he could already read her face so clearly though he had not known her long at all.

"I have more appropriate clothes up in my suitcase mother. These are just traveling clothes." Kathleen said.

"My dear, if you keep filling out the way you are then you'll be buying a whole new wardrobe." A birdlike woman at the table said. Aaden's eyes narrowed as he looked at her thinning brown hair. He leaned down and whispered in Kathleen's ear.

"She does realize she's going bald right?" Kathleen bit back her laughter.

"I know, Aunt Edna. I really need to work on that."

"Can't be letting yourself go.. Especially now that you are divorced." Edna sniffed.

"Who is your friend, dear?" Kathleen's mother said looking Aaden up and down. He was tall, he wasn't lean though he was more big boned but he was handsome. She wondered what he was doing here with her daughter.

"Sorry everyone.. This is my friend Aaden. Aaden this is my mother Dorothy, my father Charles, my aunt Edna and my uncle Lawrence." Kathleen said pointing to everyone in turn.

"Friend?" Charles asked as he lit a cigar.

"Yes. He's just a friend." Kathleen assured them. Aaden wanted to tell them hell no he wasn't just a friend but then again he hadn't even told Kathleen yet that he wanted to be more then a friend. She wouldn't be interested in him anyway.. He couldn't offer her anything near what she had grown up with.

"Mom, I thought you said this was going to be quite a big get together." Kathleen said looking around.

"It is Kathy but most of the guests are not going to be here until tomorrow." Dorothy assured her. Then suddenly Dorothy's eyes were drawn to something behind Aaden and Kathleen.

"OH Tom! I'm so happy you and Regina could make it!" she said her eyes glowing as she rushed over to hug both of them. Kathleen felt her heart fall to her feet at the sight of her mother hugging the woman who had helped Tom betray her. Charles was the next one up out of his seat and hugging the newcomers.

Just when Kathleen thought for sure she was going to have to run from the room or else burst into tears she felt Aaden's hand on her shoulder.

"I got your back." he whispered in her ear. She was surprised by the tremors she felt run down her at the feel of his breath and lips against her ear. She laid her hand over his on her shoulder and then much to Aaden's displeasure she pulled away and went and sat down on the small loveseat. He walked over and sat beside her.

He looked at Regina… So this was the woman that Tom had cheated on Kathleen with… She was attractive but not as beautiful as Kathleen. She had a perfect body that only the best of plastic surgeons could create. Her make-up was too thick and she had enough hairspray in her hair to create a major fire hazard.

Aaden's guessed that to a man like Tom, Regina was probably quite a catch but Aaden had always preferred a lower maintenance kind of woman with classic good looks and a natural body… He looked over at Kathleen and smiled. Someone just like her actually.

"Well hello, Kathy. How have you been?" Tom said walking over to them with Regina on his arm. Aaden saw her move her hair down over her face but he wondered if she even realized that she did it.

"I've been fine." she said looking over at the corner of the room instead of at either of them.

"She was just introducing us to her new friend." Dorothy said sitting back down.

"Oh but he isn't a new friend… No she knew him quite well even when we were married." Tom said. Dorothy's eyes widened at Toms insinuation.

"Surely you wouldn't bring someone like that here to our home." Charles demanded of his daughter. Kathleen stood up quickly and Aaden could see the anger sparking in her green eyes.

"No father. I'm afraid that only Tom has the nerve to do something like that." she snapped. No one in the room replied to this and Kathleen stormed from the room with Aaden on her heels.

They found Edward in the hallway and he looked with concern at Kathleen.

"Are you ok, miss Kathleen?" he asked. She smiled.

"I'm fine Edward. Just had about as much as I can stand of mom and dad this evening.. I should have known better then to show up after cocktail hour."

"You have to get here very early to beat cocktail hour." he replied and Kathleen laughed lightly.

"I'm afraid I'm ready for bed. Could you show us to our rooms?" Edward looked at them both with confusion.

"Aren't you sharing a room?" he asked. Aaden thought it sounded like a great idea but Kathleen shook her head.

"I keep telling everyone we're just friends… We wanted separate rooms." He looked at her apologetically.

"There are no other rooms available. We all thought you were coming alone…"

"This is a mansion Edward.. Surely there is a second room somewhere." Kathleen said. He shook his head.

"Most of the rooms are being remodeled and the rest of them are reserved for everyone else that is coming tomorrow." Kathleen sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Show us to our room then." she said. Edward showed them into their room and then left. Aaden let out a whistle as he looked around.

"Damn this is a big room." he said. There was a huge four poster bed against the back wall. Stained glass windows led out to a balcony full of flowers. There was a small couch in front of the most massive fireplace and mantle that Aaden had ever seen.

"I'll take the couch." Kathleen said grabbing a pillow off the bed. Aaden shook his head.

"No, I can't let you do that. I'll take the couch." he said pulling the pillow out of her hands.

"Aaden, you're a foot longer then that couch! It's no big deal I'll take it." Kathleen said yanking the pillow back. Aaden grabbed the pillow again roughly and held it high above his head.

"Give it back!" she shouted as she jumped for it several times. On her third jump she lost her balance and fell against him. He was caught off guard and they both tumbled onto the bed.

Aaden's body responded instantly to her on top of him and he did his best to twist his hips and hide his reaction from her.

Kathleen was laughing happily but then noticed his silence and looked down at him. He was staring at her with narrowed eyes.

Oh god… Here I am on top of him laughing away and he's disgusted and angry and just wants me off of him. She thought to herself. She quickly jumped up off the bed leaving Aaden's arms feeling suddenly cold.

"What are you doing?" he asked hoping his disappointment didn't show in his voice. Kathleen grabbed another pillow off the bed and tossed it on the couch.

"I need to get ready for bed." she said not meeting his gaze. She couldn't' believe she had actually let herself fantasize for even a moment about Aaden. He was far too handsome to ever settle on a woman like her.. She knew this but that didn't lessen the pain. She grabbed her suitcase before he could speak and walked into the bathroom that adjoined their room locking the door behind her.

Aaden laid back on the bed and ran his hands over his face. He wanted Kathleen like he had never wanted another woman in his life. Aaden had always been a hopeless romantic and though Craig had always commented on how stupid Aaden's views on love were, Aaden had refused to change them. His mom and dad loved to tell the story about how they met when they were fourteen, had married at seventeen and had been together every single day of their lives since then. 40 years they had been married..

He wanted that and when he looked at Kathleen he could see it. He just wished that she could. But how could he compete with what her parents had? He could never buy her the kinds of things that her ex-husband no doubt had. But Aaden was too much of a rough redneck country boy to give up that easily.

When he heard the bathroom door unlock he stood up and felt his breath catch in his chest. Kathleen had pulled her hair back into a ponytail. She was wearing a black tank top with tiny straps and a pair of loose silk pants.. Her face was make-up free and he could see the freckles littering her nose and cheeks.

"It's all yours." Kathleen said still not meeting his gaze as she walked toward the couch.

"Kathleen, are you ok?" he asked. She nodded and pulled a book out of her suitcase. She sat down on the couch curling her legs beneath her.

"I'm sorry about what happened downstairs." she said. He shook his head.

"It wasn't your fault." he replied. "But are they always like that?"

"They drink a little sometimes…."

"No Kathleen. I drink a little sometimes… You know a few beers on Friday after work.. But that room smelled like a damn brewery." Aaden said with a laugh. Kathleen felt her tension melt away. She had no idea how Aaden did that but she was thankful for it.

"I don't know about breweries." she said. "But my Aunt Edna and Uncle Lawrence do own a couple of wineries." Aaden laughed and Kathleen couldn't help but laugh along.

"So that was the infamous Regina huh?" Aaden asked after their laughter had died down. Kathleen twirled her pony tail in her hands.

"Yep." she said looking down at her book.

"She's not that great." he said matter-of-factly. Kathleen snorted and looked up at him.

"She's hot." Aaden shrugged and winked at her.

"I've seen hotter." he said. Kathleen felt herself turn blood red. She smiled shyly and looked back down at her book. She had never had a guy as a friend other then Edward and she wondered if they all flirted this bad.

"Go get ready for bed." she said waving her hand. Aaden smiled, satisfied that he had cheered her up, grabbed his suitcase and went to the bathroom.

When he came out a few minutes later he smiled when he saw that she was already sound asleep curled up on that couch with her book in her hand. There was no way he was letting her sleep on that couch while he took the bed.

He scooped her up in his arms the same way he had the night of her accident and just like that night she wrapped her arms tight around his neck and laid her head against his chest. But instead of moaning in pain, tonight she sighed with contentment in his arms.

If any bit of his heart had been on the fence about how it felt about this woman it quickly jumped down at the sound of that sigh. There was no doubt in his mind that this woman in his arms who had a horrible temper when things weren't going her way, drove like a maniac, and was clumsier than anyone he'd ever met was his soul mate.

He carried her over to the bed and fought back a laugh as she whined in a childlike way and pouted in her sleep when he pulled her arms off his neck. He covered her up with the silky quilt that he was sure must have cost more than his house and kissed her cheek gently before walking over to the couch.

As he looked down at the couch he shook his head. Kathleen had been right it was a good foot shorter than he was. He chuckled when he noticed that Tom would probably fit on it perfectly. He looked over at the bed and the woman lying on it longingly and then sighed and laid down to get some sleep.

888

Kathleen woke up and stretched. She sat up and looked around the room taking a moment to remember where she was. Then she looked over and saw Aaden's legs hanging over the edge of the couch. She realized he must have moved her while she'd been asleep.. When she had felt his arms around her she had thought is was another dream… Now she knew it hadn't been and she felt her blood heat up at the memory of being pulled against his broad chest.

She stood up and walked around the couch and couldn't stop the laughter that burst from her mouth. Aaden looked just like a crash victim. He was on his stomach, his legs hanging a good foot off the end of the couch and his arms were sprawled out in each direction. His face was buried in the pillow.

She decided to let him sleep since it was only five in the morning.. She walked over to her suitcase and opened it then shut it quickly when she realized she had opened his. She looked over at him sound asleep and couldn't stop herself from snooping. She opened the suitcase again and looked through it…. She laughed at the suit like pants and the formal dress up shirts. Nothing in this suitcase looked like Aaden.

She shut and zipped it. She quickly picked an outfit from her own suitcase and went in the bathroom. She got dressed, brushed her teeth and walked back into the room. Aaden was still sound asleep. She left him a note on the expensive stationary in the room telling him she had run to the store and would be back soon. She found the pants he had worn the night before and took his truck keys out of the pocket. Then she grabbed her purse and left.

When she returned a little over an hour later Aaden was awake and sitting on the couch reading the romance novel she had been reading the night before. He looked over at her and shook his head when she walked in.

"And you women give a guy a hard time if he watches a porn.. What in the world do you call this?" he asked holding up the book. Kathleen blushed and took the book from his hand with her free hand.

"Romance." she said. He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything else about it. He looked at the bags in her hands.

"Where ya been?" he asked standing up. She swallowed hard. He was wearing flannel pants and a black muscle shirt. His shoulders were broad and he was solid man standing in front of her. She had never seen anything quite like him…. Tom was the same height as Kathleen and on the skinny side. She liked the sight of a real man better.. Or maybe it was just because it was Aaden.

"I got you something." she said holding out one of the bags. He looked at her questioningly and took the bag. He looked inside.

"I had to guess at the sizes.. I hope I did alright." she said. He pulled out the jeans and the black tshirt and smiled over at her.

"You bought me clothes?" he asked. She nodded.

"You drove me nuts yesterday pulling at the collar of that stupid shirt and scratching at your legs all day… I figured these would be more comfortable." Then Aaden frowned.

"Kathleen, you just lost your job you shouldn't have bought these for me… I'll just wear the clothes I brought and we'll return these later."

"After everything you've done for me Aaden it was the least I could do to repay you… Are you honestly saying you'd rather wear more of those trousers?" Aaden looked down at the jeans with longing and Kathleen laughed.

"Get dressed." she said. "Edward will probably be up soon to tell us to come down for breakfast."

"What else did you buy?" Aaden asked eying the two other bags she was holding.

"Just go get dressed and don't be nosy." she said shooing him away with her hand. He laughed and walked into the bathroom. He came out a few minutes later looking much more like the Aaden she preferred.

"That feels better." he said as he sat down next to her on the couch. "Thank you Kathleen. I think you might just be the first woman other then my mama that's ever bought me clothes." Kathleen reached beside the couch and held up a pair of brand new boots. Aaden's eyes widened.

"I checked the size in those other shoes you had… This was the only pair of size fourteen boots they had in the store. You have big feet." He took the boots from her and laughed.

"You know what they say about a man with big feet….?" he asked with a wicked grin. She stood up and walked behind the couch.

"Yes, he's almost impossible to buy shoes for." she replied. He chuckled and began putting on the boots. Kathleen waited until he was done before pulling the camouflage baseball cap from the final bag and putting it on his head.

"Damn woman you got me a hat too?" he asked as he stood. She laughed but didn't say anything. He looked down at her.

"Thank you." he said. She shrugged.

"I like you better this way." she said. Then she blushed and looked down at her feet. He fought the urge to pull her face back up and kiss her senseless. Craig had been wrong after all… She liked him just the way he was.

"Won't your family be… well offended?" he asked though he noticed that she too was wearing jeans and a plain blue tank top that showed off her very nice cleavage. He wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and cursed himself for acting like a damn teenager. She looked back up at him and shrugged.

"Do you really care?" she asked. He shook his head.

"Me personally… No I don't care what they think about me." he answered honestly. "But I don't want to make this any harder on you. I care about you and how you feel." She smiled teasingly up at him.

"Aww.. You care about me?" she asked. Then she noticed that his eyes suddenly looked serious. She recognized the look in his eyes. She had only ever seen it in movies though because no man had ever looked at her that way… He was looking at her like she was the only woman in the world that mattered… But no that was impossible. She was fat and she was disfigured and he had seen how stuck up her family was… No, she was just imagining things.. Aaden was her friend and nothing more.

She was just thinking this when suddenly he raised his hand to smooth a hair that had fallen from her ponytail away from her face. Her heart seemed to stop beating as a slow lazy sexy smile came on his face.

"Of course I care about you." he said his voice low and deep. Kathleen couldn't even think let alone reply.. She stared up at him wide eyed. Before he could say anything else there was a knock on the door. Kathleen was startled by the sound and jumped away from him. Aaden cursed silently and dropped his hand back to his side.

Kathleen walked to the door and opened it.

"Sorry if I interrupted you but your parents wanted me to let you know that breakfast is ready down in the dining room." Edward said. Kathleen nodded.

"Thank you Edward." She looked back at Aaden and motioned for him to come with her. "We better head down." Aaden could think of something else he'd much rather do but he nodded and followed her through the wide sprawling mansion to a dining room and a table that could have easily fit fifty people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 1.4K 42
it's just I want to write my taennie imaginations.
2.3K 141 57
Elizabeth, a young lady who was a wolf hunter as a side proffesion but a well known business woman suddenly stumbles upon a person who changes her en...
2.3K 89 4
what if gyutaro and daki had another sibling. the one who was left to suffer while her siblings were burnt alive. sukume was deeply loved by the two...
80K 1.8K 20
Hope is blasted off with a spell that sends her back 19 years back in time. Where she meets her father, who's very alive and the rest of her family...