The Masked Fighter

By kh36267

Alexis, or Lexi to her friends, is a 17 year old girl with a very troubling past nobody but her knows about... More

Author's Note-More Info on Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 14

17.7K 597 170
By kh36267

Jackson's POV

After talking to my sector of the gang about my plan we began to work out all the details. We decided to make our move Monday once school gets out. Going into school that day I looked around for the nerd's car but came up empty, making our plan ten times easier than we thought it would be. After I alerted my gang of the changes I go into school like normal, going to all my classes even though my mind was practically in another dimension.

For some reason the feeling of anxiety kept clouding my head the entire day. Usually when we do anything regarding the gang I just skip the day of school to focus solely on the mission, but this time I can't. The plan I conjured up requires me to attend school for the day in order to keep an eye on the target, Alexis. Knowing that the plan has to be executed perfectly in order for it to work I give myself a mental pep talk and continue to scan the hallway for the nerd or at least her friends, the few that she has at least.

At school she seems to be attached to some girl named Lilah and a boy named Dylan. I never see her talking to anyone else unless they're making fun of her like Lydia does. I've never really liked Lydia she's a slut and a bitch, something I've experienced many times by just walking through the hallways and seeing her slobbering on some jock or bullying some random student.

Thinking back, I've never really seen the nerd that often, even during school hours. The only time she's ever caught my full attention was when Lydia decided to attack her the other day and when we were assigned to be partners in class. Other than that I don't think I have ever seen her outside of school before.

Austin comes up next to me, punching me jokingly in the arm and effectively pulling me from my thoughts. Soon after Caden comes up next to him, mumbling something about being so energetic in the morning. He's never been a morning person like Austin, he prefers to sleep until noon than wake up before noon. I'm kind of right in between I could wake up early but if it was my choice I would sleep in a little later.

As the bell for last period rings I go and camp out in the bathroom until I get a text from Caden saying the hallways are cleared. Opening the door to the bathroom I stroll out and take a swift look around just in case there are any strays he might have missed. Once I finish the hallway check that comes up clear, and walk towards the back doors of the school and step out, welcoming the small breeze that hits me.

I begin the walk towards the front of the school, kicking stones and leaves as I walk. Checking my phone I quickly ask Austin if the parking lot is clear and if Alexis is looking out the window. If she sees me then the entire plan will be ruined and I'll be completely exposed.

After I get confirmation on both I poke my head around the side of the building making sure the coast is clear. Soundlessly I walk over to the white van that we positioned by the side of the building and unlock the doors. I hastily open the door and practically jump into the van not wanting to get caught.

I told the guys to park the van in a handicap spot facing her classroom during lunch time so it wouldn't just pull in and then right back out during last period, it might look a little suspicious. Looking at the rearview mirror I see that the idiots forgot to put a handicap parking sigh in the window, they're lucky it hasn't gotten ticketed yet. Rolling my eyes at their stupidity I look out the windshield toward her classroom, having to duck every now and then when her eyes wander towards the parking lot.

At the end of the day I listen to the faint sound of the school bell, watching as her friend runs out of class and she takes her time packing up all of her stuff. I wish she would just hurry up so we can get this over with, for some reason I've been second guessing myself about the plan all day and I can't wait for it to be over.

As I see her walk out of class I start the engine and pull out of the parking lot, dialing Caden as I do so to tell him that I'm on my way to pick up the boys. I decided that since she would be able to recognize  Austin, Caden, and I they would just stay at the warehouse until we get back. I on the other hand am going to be driving so I can make sure everything goes smoothly.

Once all the guys load up in the van at a park across from the school I put in my earpiece that allows me to talk to two of my guys. I decided to give it to Jake and Sam since they both seem responsible, alert, and smart. All together we have 11 guys to carry out the mission not including me. I don't think we'll need that many but if my suspicions are right then they might be needed.

The entire time we were stationed at the park I watched as the nerd made her way out of the school and began to make her way down the road. Just as she turned onto another road I started the engine and pulled out of the park. When I got to the intersection I turned down the road she went onto and looked around trying to locate her small form.

As soon as I spot her I slow down a little, not wanting to draw any more unwanted attention towards ourselves. It didn't help that we were in a big white van but it was our only option so I had to go with it. I watched as she turned down another road before she disappeared from my line of vision.

I quickly followed her around the corner and spotted her walking into a small convenient store. I stopped at a building a couple down from it and told five of the guys to get out including Sam. As she comes out of the store I watch as she walks into a small alley way and quickly follow after her, blocking on of the exits of the alley.

Keeping the engine on the other six guys that were left in the van hop out of the van and start to walk towards her. As they do that I tell Sam where to go through my earpiece and watch as they block the other exit to the alleyway. I study Alexis as she looks for any alternate exits from the alley. She looks up as if seeing if she can climb the wall or find a ladder but seems to come back empty as she looks towards the guys by the van. She then averts her attention to the group of five men and makes her way towards them.

I watch her swing her backpack around to her chest and pull something out of the pocket. As she furthers herself from me I can't get a good enough angle to see what's happening, but when I hear a gunshot go off I see one of my guys fall and hold onto his foot. My eyes go wide and I try to contact Sam but he isn't answering me, instead he has his eyes glued to Alexis and a hesitant look on his face.

Another guy emerges from the group and attempts to run at her but I listen once again as a bullet's fired and he drops to the ground holding his thigh. I start to get frustrated and ask Sam once again if they need help but he just ignores me and reassures me that they have "everything under control". I roll my eyes at his cockiness and watch the scene unfolding in front of me.

The last three guys including Sam charge at her. She quickly punches one in the face sending him to the ground in what looks to be an unconscious state and kicks the other guy in the side sending him to the ground too. Trying to get up he gets shot in the foot, sending him back to the ground.

I begin to get nervous and watch as Sam kicks her in her side, sending her to the ground in pain. I bite my lip and try not to jump out of the van, to do what, I don't know. She tries to get up quickly but you can tell her side is hurting. Once she's on her feet she shoots Sam once in the leg and once in the arm, sending him to the ground and causing sounds of pain to echo into my earpiece.

"Sam, are you guys okay?", I asked in a rushed and slightly panicked manner. "Well besides the bullets lodged in our bodies we're good. None of the shots were fatal but we might need some help getting up, the girl knows how to make a person stay down." He says chuckling into the earpiece before hissing in pain. "It doesn't seem like she wants to kill you guys so stay put and I'll come get you guys when it's all over. I'm going to disconnect you good with that?" I ask him, wanting to focus solely on the fight at hand instead of listening to his pain through the earpiece. "Yeah yeah you're good connect back though if anything happens I want to know if we get the bitch or not." he says, sounding pissed. I would to if I got shot though so you can't really blame him for being mad.

I'm not too worried about them though all of them have been shot before and they're all some of my top fighters. After disconnecting I tune in to what's happening. Two of my best guys go at her, aiming their fists towards her face. I'm stunned when she ducks and swiftly kicks their legs out from under them and then continuing to shoot them both in the thigh, assuring neither one will be getting back up.

Just as she's getting up my next guy comes at her, successfully tackling to the ground hard. She struggles underneath his strong figure and I see two more guys come over to help him. The guy that tackled her gets both her arms while the other two pin down her legs.

"Do you still have the rag Jake?" I ask, making sure the plan will be able to be fully carried out. "Yeah I do but she's feisty, the boys are actually having a hard time holding her down." As if on cue she rips her legs out of one of my guys hold before he quickly regains control, leaving her helpless.

"Okay boss I'm going to use the chloroform now I'll tell you when she's fully knocked out so you can get out and come over here." I watch as Jake comes closer to her and puts the rag with chloroform over her mouth. She struggles even more and I can tell the boys are getting impatient. After all, we did think this was going to be a walk in the park kind of thing but she proved us completely wrong.

Through the earpiece I can hear the faint profanities she throwing their way even through the rag. I manage to hear the words dickface and asshole. After a minute her protests die down and I get the message from Jake telling me it's good to come over.

Hurriedly I open the driver side door and jump out, slamming the door shut when I'm out. I rush over to my guys that are by Alexis, all of them beginning to stand up when they see me. As Ben stands up, the one that tackled her, I see his jeans, shirt and arms covered in blood, and it didn't look like his. Going over to Alexis all the men begin to back away and as I get a good look at her I see blood in a puddle by her side.

"I told you guys not to hurt her!" I all but scream at them causing them to flinch even though they're all older than me. Ben was the first one to speak up, "I think she started to bleed when I tackled her, she might have had a previous injury because when Sam kicked her on that side it seemed to hurt more than it should have." he stated.

I'm pissed. I never planned on them hurting her in even the slightest way possible and yet here she is bleeding all over the place. I sigh and run a hand down my face before taking off my shirt and applying pressure to the wound. "Anyone who's been shot except for Jake get in the van. The rest of you will be getting a ride from Dustin he should be here soon." I say, now directing my attention towards Jake. "You're going to drive the van while I sit in the back and take care of her side." I tell him, leaving no room for complaints I carefully pick her up like a baby and carry her back to the van with her limp in my arms.

The drive back was completely silent except for the noises of people moving. The entire time I held my shirt to her side soaking up all the blood from her side. There seems to be a lot of blood and I start to worry whether or not she'll live. "Can you not drive any faster Jake she's going to bleed to death!" I yell at him as she presses on the gas. I feel guilt creeping into my system as we near the warehouse. Even though she shot five of my guys she didn't give them any fatal injuries and we did try to kidnap her after all.

The more I looked at her face the more curious I got. How was she able to defend herself that well against so many men? Why did she have a gun with her? How did she even know how to shoot the gun and aim as well as she did? The questions kept flowing but I couldn't get any answers. It was killing me not being able to know about this.

Getting to the warehouse I quickly got out with her in my arms and called for Austin and Caden. "Damn what did you do to her?" Austin asks his eyes wide and mouth gaping. "Not now go get the doctor." He runs off in the direction of the infirmary and comes back 30 seconds with the gang doctor close behind with a large first aid kit in hand. "Set her down on the couch hurry up!" He yells as soon as he sees the condition she's in. I set her down on the couch as carefully as I can and get out of his way.

"Guys go over to the infirmary and get yourselves cleaned up. Austin go with them to help remove the bullets." I say in a commanding voice. Everyone begins to clear the room leaving me, Caden, the doctor, and an unconscious Alexis. Once they leave the doctor tears her shirt open down the middle, revealing a black sports bra and what looks to be a hot body but the wound makes it hard to tell. "Damn." I hear Caden say under his breath and simultaneously me and Caden look at each other with wide eyes, clearly surprised the nerd had such an amazing body.

It doesn't seem to faze the doctor though as he pours alcohol on the wound and begins to clean it up. After about 10 minutes he finally bandages and sits back, letting out a breath of air as he does so. After sitting in silence for a minute he looks over at me, a hard look on his face and I begin to explain what had happened. "Well boys it looks like she had a bullet wound that seemed to reopen when she was tackled. You're lucky she didn't die she lost a lot of blood and will probably be out for a couple days." Hearing that my heart sunk but my mind jolted awake thinking of all the possibilities.

My mind jumps back to when Caden and I were cornered by Pierce and the Masked Fighter showed up. That night she had gotten shot in the same side. Slowly I began to form an assumption in my head and when I look over at Caden I can tell he's doing the same. Even though she has different hair and eye color they seem to look the same besides the braces.

"Guys we should probably take her to a proper room in the infirmary instead of leaving her on the couch." The doctor says, motioning to her with his head. I nod my head and pick her up once again and cradle her to my body as we walk down the hallways. Coming into the infirmary I'm surprised to see almost everyone gone beside Austin sitting in one of the chairs falling asleep. There's bloody cloths piled up in the sink and a container filled with bloody bullets on the counter.

I roll my eyes and continue to walk past him. I make a left and go down the well-lit hallway before stopping at the second door on my right. The doctor opened the door and I set her down on the cot cautiously before sitting on the chair next to her bed.

The doctor nods his head before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him. This leaves me, Caden, and Alexis. I sigh trying to piece together all of my jumbled thoughts. Caden leans against the wall opposite of me and closes his eyes, something he always does when he thinks. I rest my elbows on my knees and put my head in my hands. I just couldn't seem to think straight.

There's a strong possibility she's the Masked Fighter, especially after all the clues I've gotten. Like when she was hit by Lydia at school and she said it didn't hurt, or when I saw her side, or when she punched the tree, or when some guys in a nice car pulls up to get her. And especially when she fought off almost all of my guys by herself. I pick my head up from my hands and look at her small form all bandaged up.

I can't help but feel guilty for putting her in here but at the same time I just want to force her to tell me everything. I evaluate her body seeing nothing else wrong with her which makes me feel slightly better. I scan over her entire face trying to find all the things she has in common with the Masked Fighter. Other than her body she doesn't have that much in common with her. I've never really gotten a good look at the Masked Fighter though seeing as how she always has a mask on.

Austin enters the room suddenly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He silently closes the door and sits against it. All of us are silent, looking at her unconscious figure like she's going to wake up any minute now. Austin stands to his feet and walks over to her bed. I watch his every move questionably as he nears her bed.

The room isn't too big. Next to the door is a two way mirror so from the outside we can see her but she can't see us, it just looks like a mirror to her. Opposite of the wall with the door is her bed which is centered, leaving room on either side of the bed. To the left of her bed is a plastic chair and small table. Other than that the room is pretty much empty beside a skinny cabinet that goes up to the ceiling.

Austin moves to the right side of her bed and reaches his hand out. Before he touches her I stop him, "Austin what are you doing?" I hiss at him quietly trying not to wake her up even though I know she won't wake up. "Calm yourself I'm just going to take her hair out of that ponytail." He says with a roll of his eyes like it was no big deal. Before I can answer Caden does for me, "Why, that's really weird." He says with a questioning look. "Because I've never seen her with her hair down. Plus it can't be very comfortable." He shrugs his shoulders and I sigh, too tired to deal with his crap. Caden seems to think the same thing because he rolls his eyes and motions with his hands to continue.

Austin carefully grips her hair tie with one hand and pulls gently. Once it doesn't budge much he pulls harder, causing the hair tie, and her hair to slide. Wait, her hair? I get up and quickly stand by her side while Austin holds his hands up in a surrendering position. Looking closer I can see blonde hair. I cautiously reach over and pull at the brown hair, it coming off as I pull to reveal blonde hair. I hold the wig up in front of me, too stunned to say anything. The boys have similar looks of bewilderment on their faces at the new information. Instead of brown hair she has long blonde hair, something I would have never imagined even though I like it better blonde.

Alexis is the Masked Fighter and now I know for sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here's the update I hope you liked it!

Comment whos POV you want the next chapter to be in. If it's in Alexis POV then it will be when she escapes but if it's in Jackson's POV then it will be about everything that happens before she escapes including maybe a confrontation when she wakes up?

Remember if you comment, like, or follow me then I'll follow you back!

Thank you guys for all the support I really appreciate it! I really enjoy writing this book and whenever someone comments it makes my day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 349 60
Her name is Lexi Daniƫls. Her dad is a mafia-boss and her mom was a champion in kickboxing. Lexis herself does kickboxing too. Lexi doesn't have fri...
122K 4.3K 28
IMPORTANT!!!! MUST READ She Can Fight TO UNDERSTAND STORY LINE Lexi Carson has just left Callie her old fosters house. She has been kicked out and is...
386K 12.1K 48
COVER BY @TheStoryWriterWrites Anna Louise Bennet. The school's nerd, loner, punch bag, personal homework slave to the 'popular crowd'. Wears baggy c...
2.4M 70.9K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...